BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: (Damek)

"They are your masters," he insisted, "for they convinced you to make a fool of yourself at the mercy of the Onu-Koroan law, a law to which you did not prevail. Oh, they are your masters, indeed, for they have dictated your actions far more than you did."

A voice came from down the hall. "Onu-Matoran are allergic to fresh air,"

"I would not say so," Damek replied to the Phantom, "just of the pieces of feces who abide in it." The Onu-Matoran chuckled. "Luckily we have prison cells for such fools."

"As for you...no." He turned back to Silo. "I will not be party to you hairbrained escape attempts the second we get above ground. Either you tell me where to find them, and your sentence is lessened, or you get very familiar with living with us stubby-legged folk for awhile."

He leaned back, giving an honest shrug. "Your choice."

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

"I think that you believe that I am at your mercy...no, it is on my terms that I will tell you, because although you don't know it yet..."

Silo grinned...

"...you will need that information. Desperately. You will come begging. Just you wait."

Silo walked away from the bars, his back to Damek.

"Soon you'll see how well you do without me"

And turning, he said: "And I also believe that what you just proposed was illegal..."

As if contemplating something, he said casually, "They won't come for me, oh no, they I have seen their hitlist and Casanuva is only the beginning, let me tell you...but what do I care, Damek, I expect you don't care to know either..."

Kathok

IC: (Damek)

Damek checked his watch.

"Hmm...yes, I believe I have time to dissect why what you said makes no sense." Silo heard a loud screeching noise from behind his back as Damek dragged a chair over- might as well lecture comfortably. "First off: your delusions of grandeur are nothing in the sight of the Ussalry. We deal with would-be assassins every day. Karz, we deal with actual assassins quite commonly. Our village was the only one which caught it's Turaga's assassin. Whenua- may he rest in peace -was incinerated so terribly that he had no corpse. And the assassin was in our cells within the hour. What makes you think we're so desperate to find the utter failures who sent you after Casanuva?"

He leaned back in his chair.

"And no, for the record, your claim that my proposal was illegal is untrue- criminals who have not committed murder, merely attempted and assaulted, can have their sentence lessened given they provide usual information in seizing their fellow criminal. Also known as the 'snitch' program. However, I can see that I will get nowhere with you," the scraping returned as he dragged the chair to its normal position, "I have other matters to attend to."

With that, he headed down the hallway to the Phantom's cell.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

"Hey, that was more words than usual." The Onu-Matoran commented quietly, blinking as he tested his body. He didn't feel great, but he didn't feel horrible; all his limbs were definitely intact, and he was, well, conscious. Granted, it was very much possible he was on painkillers. "... When did you get here? How long have I been out?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Ferron (Onu-Koro)

Ferron continued towards what he thought was going to be his final destination, but once again he found himself cut off from continuing forward by yet another figure crossing his path, one of a height that Ferron not too long ago would've dwarfed in turn like he himself now was. His new height certainly provided a new perspective on things.

"Pardon me, Miss," he muttered apologetically, "didn't mean to get in the way"

IC: (Hari)

"Oh no, I'm sorry Turaga. I'm sorry that I didn't notice you, guess I've just been a little off is all," She turned and looked down slightly to regard the Turaga. Her face grew hot from the embarrassment and guilt of bumping into a Turaga and getting in his way. She stepped to the side to let him pass. "Once again I'm so sorry about that Turaga."

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

"Oh, don't worry about it" Ferron assured the Toa as he spared a brief moment to dust himself off a little. As he looked up at her, he could tell that she was most definitely "a little off".

"There's no reason to worry, I'm sure you had other things on your mind. Far be it for an old man's concerns to take precedence"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Thirty minutes? Well, not too bad, I suppose..." The Onu-Matoran mused, eyes glancing to the medical sheet posted next to his bed. An extensive list, even from the brief glance; it seemed his Lesterin adversary had left him more wounded than he had believed. It did... Explain a few things, however. Now that he had regained consciousness, he was growing aware of exactly what had transpired prior to his loss of awareness. His thoughts had been a jumbled mess, one mirrored by the mess his body had been in, but there had been truth there.

He had wondered why nothing he did ever seemed to be enough, a question that, whether he wanted to admit it or not, had been plaguing him. It wasn't enough, of that he had been certain. But that seemingly undeniable truth seemed only to lead to a question... One he couldn't answer.

"... Why is it never enough, Uyism? No matter what I do, it never seems to be enough. Not to fulfill my duty." The query was quiet, almost as if he wasn't entirely willing to ask the question. A part of him wondered why he was asking; to reaffirm what he knew? Was it to find an answer? Or was it just to finally ask it out loud?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Phantom

The assassin (a genuine one, not a wannabe like the other guy) noted Damek watching him through the door and stared impassively. The transition from his earlier quip to this brooding silence was jarring, but to him, was nothing strange. His moods were as volatile as a Toa of Lightning in a thunderstorm. He gave no further acknowledgment of the guard beyond eye contact, expecting him to begin whether he spoke or not.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:

"No." The response was the quietest yet, as the exact lines of thinking, the memories, of his goals floated through his mind. The Onu-Matoran had been in shock when he mulled them over last, but they were clear; every point he failed, every moment he didn't do, as he saw it, enough. "I didn't stop the assassin. I should have. I had her at a standstill, I had her cornered. She shouldn't have gotten by me."

"I didn't keep you safe. If I had come back to check, you wouldn't have been comatose so long. I didn't succeed in stopping Daylaria, which I left to do. Leli nearly died when the Rahkshi attacked, and I couldn't stop it." Tarnok paused for a moment, looking angry. Not at Uyism, not even at the world; it was directed internally. "I couldn't keep that Lesterin alive. She didn't deserve to die."

"I set out to be the hero I thought the village needed. I gave it everything I had, but it was foolish. I'm not a hero, I'm not even a successful Ussalmatoran. Kol, Sulov, Gavarm, Leli, you, any of them would have been able to do it. I gave it everything, and it wasn't enough, and look where it's left me. A pawn who aspired to be a knight, wayward when faced with the reality that he's not needed. I'm not needed. I never was."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"A team is only as strong as its weakest link. Moreover..." The Onu-Matoran sighed. "They don't last. Teams don't. Partnerships don't. Seventh is gone, and the people within it succeeded on their own. Leli was promoted for her competence, she has her own team to worry about now. You're still here, admittedly."

"If I need someone to solve the problems for me, my presence is superfluous. As it has proven to be. Plenty of people fill my role just fine; it's why I'm a 'Ussalmatoran', nothing more."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

The Matoran was silent, the words sinking in slowly. His friend tended to be minimalistic in her speech, sometimes to the extreme, but when she spoke, it was with weight. The mere fact that she had spoken so much was cause enough to listen to her carefully, but her words always carried a sense of clear perspective, an unfettered truth. At first, they sounded placating. A way to soothe the trouble in his mind. But their implications were true. Somewhere along the way, he had forgotten the advice he himself had given; it’s up to history to decide who was a hero. He would never know if he succeeded, but most importantly…

It didn’t matter.

Tarnok could revisit each failure, and he could look himself in the mirror and say that he had given everything he had. He tried, and tried, even when he should have stopped. Maybe it wasn’t enough. His ‘best’ hadn’t been enough to ward off all of the misfortune, but it wasn’t something he could fairly blame himself for. The Iroiit was right; if he had given it his all, then there was nothing to regret. Maybe he wasn’t a hero. Perhaps he never would be, no matter how hard he tried. But that shouldn’t, and couldn’t, be what he fixated on. Being a Ussalmatoran, that was something he was capable of. That was something he had done for a very, very long time. He had failed, and he had failed more than once. Maybe someone else wouldn’t have. Maybe if someone had been there in his place, events would have gone differently. But he had been the one there, and he had done everything in his power. Mata Nui knows, no one could fault him for that.

He had accomplished some good, too. He hadn’t stopped Daylaria, but he’d driven her away. He had pushed Kaithas down a better path. Keeping Whenua alive had been beyond him, but he had captured the culprit. When the Rahkshi attacked, Leli had been able to keep herself safe; and he had managed to rally defenders.

That was something, at least.

“... You’re right.” Tarnok admitted, pulling his head up from where it rested to see her better. “Maybe I’m just a pawn, but I can be that. I can do it, and I can do it well.”

“And the first step on that path,” The Onu-Matoran pushed himself into a sitting position, swinging his legs over the side. “Is getting out of bed. I’m probably going to need a little help getting out the front door.”

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

NPC: Nurse - Tarnok's hospital room

"Oh no you don't," said an Onu-Matoran nurse, rushing over. She shot Uyism a sharp look and put a hand on Tarnok's arm. "Mata Nui, you Ussalmatoran have much more hot blood than you have brains, that much is certain. Get back in bed, Tarnok," she said firmly, "We have a Healer on the way to treat you. Onepu insisted you be healed first."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: (Hari)

"I'm sorry sir, is there any way I can make it up to you?" I frowned, I felt more than a little guilty knocking the Turaga over. As much as I really wanted to check in with this Roth guy I should stay with the Turaga, at least till I knew he was well. That and I needed to make it up to him. I wondered how my friends were doing right now, and I felt that pang in my heart. Guilt at leaving them behind to pursue my own interests, hoping they were doing well. In all reality they probably were, they were strong before me, I wasn't anything special, they probably wouldn't even notice I was gone after a while. I mean, besides being all giggly and fun I suppose, I guess I didn't do much. That was another reason to leave, to stop weighing the rest of them down, hanging onto Krayn every second or bothering Naona and Skyra for shopping trips. They had better things to do than waste time with me. Some girl who kept up this happy view when in reality I didn't know my family or myself as well as I hoped. I hope this trip would finally lay some of my questions to rest.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

"I'm fine," The Onu-Matoran objected, eyebrows arching upwards a few degrees. He gestured to himself with a hand, and then gestured to the medical sheet on the wall. "No immediate danger. Wounds got patched up when I was here, world's nice and stable. Only thing that's left is to let things finish mending, and rest. And I can do both of those things just fine in my own bed."

The Onu-Matoran gestured to Uyism, the faintest hints of a dry smile on his face. "Besides, I can't get into too much trouble before I'm back at seventy percent at least. And Uyism's around to keep an eye on me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"Oh don't worry yourself with me. As I said, I'm sure you had other problems to worry about" Ferron replied as he finished straightening himself.

"It's my first day in this new body, I can't reasonably expect this shift to go over without any problems whatsoever"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"See? Third party agrees." The Onu-Matoran replied, unable to help the faint hint of an amused smile from crossing his features. "I'll behave, won't strain myself. Ussalmatoran's honor."

"Just need to grab the box of my belongings from under the bed, and I'll be out of your way."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"That would probably be wise. According to hospital procedure, there should be a box under the left hand side of the bed, containing everything I had with me when I was checked in." Tarnok didn't have to put much thought into the matter; the hospital ran a tight ship, and he'd been there often enough over the years to know how they operated. Just like he knew whether or not he could get away with going home.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Uyism

Uyism nodded, strolling over towards the bed and placing her friend down. She dropped to her knees, shuffling around the bed to provide herself proper access to said box of items. A few seconds later, she had reached inwards and taken the box. Standing up, Uyism placed it down on the bed next to Tarnok.

IC:

The Onu-Matoran took a quick inventory of the box; weapons, belt, damaged armor (would need to get that fixed)... Grenades. He dimly remembered picking the grenade belts up, after the Lesterin had been neutralized... Tarnok shook his head faintly, dispelling that line of thought. All of his possessions were accounted for, that was all that he needed to worry about for the moment.

"Everything's here. Which means, time for the moment of truth." Steeling himself, the Ussalmatoran pushed himself off the the bed, and onto his feet. For a few worrying seconds, he felt unstable and off balance but he took a deep breath and the world stabilized once more. He felt a little weak, but he had proven capable of standing, and likely, walking. "Well, good. I can move."

"In that case, we can get going."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC

The spider has spent a great deal of time gently tugging on each delicate strand in his web, testing its strength before trusting his life to the cords. He sits now, an ocean of knowledge before him, and smiles.

The sinners are moving; they will glean the Archipelago's secrets, or die in the attempt. At the very least, a wild card will be dealt out of his deck. The Toa of air knows too much, though he understands less than he thinks.

An Akiri is dead, and his lieutenant sits the icy throne, but his reign is unsteady. Some trust him, but most do not. An uneasy peace holds on the mountain, but for how long? Who can say. This troubled transition is the spider's doing, too; he tested his web, and it trembled, sending an Akiri to his death and ripples across the land.

Now the island holds the icy village at length, and the queen of water, at least, has begun to connect the dots. From the prince of iron to the queen of islets, to the king of architects; this royal family is no longer impregnable. The island will soon be chanting for their heads, and when the dust settles, the man sharpening the guillotine may be the only one to walk away alive.

What remains? Six powerful heroes; six unpredictable criminals. A vanished shadow and his vault. A civilization beyond the horizon.

He will learn these secrets in time. He has always known that knowledge is power. Now it will carry him to the farthest reaches of his web, and beyond.

IC: Phantom

The assassin (a genuine one, not a wannabe like the other guy) noted Damek watching him through the door and stared impassively. The transition from his earlier quip to this brooding silence was jarring, but to him, was nothing strange. His moods were as volatile as a Toa of Lightning in a thunderstorm. He gave no further acknowledgment of the guard beyond eye contact, expecting him to begin whether he spoke or not.

IC: (Silo)

Silo couldn't quite make out the conversation between the guard and "Phantom" but it was evident that he was an assassin as well. In fact, it seemed that he and Phantom had a lot in common...perhaps something could be arranged...

Kathok

IC: Onepu - His hospital room.

"Blast it, Tarnok," Onepu said to himself when a nurse and a Toa healer showed up and explained he was gone. "Headstrong to a fault," he groaned, then laughed at the hypocrisy of his accusation. "Right. Let's get this over with," he said to his caretakers. "I have a meeting with Nuparu and I'm fairly certain I'm going to be late for it."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"My plans?" Tarnok seemed to mull the question over for a moment, as he slowly walked out of the hospital's front doors, box of belongings under one arm. He'd been mostly keeping towards the walls while inside, just in case he had a sudden moment of weakness, but that wasn't really possible now; so after a moment's hesitation, he exited the building and continued down the street.

"Recover, firstly. Have to be combat-capable as soon as possible. I'll need to pay a blacksmith a visit, get my armor patched up. Maybe get the belt I took from that Lesterin re-sized. Not too much, beyond that. You?"

fK5oqYf.jpg