BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

The Matoran nodded, following quietly. He could almost hear the wheels turning in the Turaga's head, but it was not his place to comment.

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"Your armor and weapons should be finished," Ferron said as he rummaged around, "didn't turn out to be a massive job, but it was in sore need of a tune-up"

"Timely completion date, I have to say" Ferron remarked as he brought the crate containing Tarnok's armor and weapons to him. He reached into it and held up Tarnok's chestplate to display.

There was almost no sign on the armor now of the former wear and tear. It looked almost brand new, ready to take another load of hits and beatings. Ferron suspected in the coming days it would have to do just that.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: [ Hammerlock ] - Onu-Wahi / Tunnel network

Adrenaline hits my bloodstream, burning a trail of fire down my arteries. In less than a second I'm in a half-crouch, heavy muscles coiling for a strike, head slightly bowed, shoulders and hips and spinal column swinging into a bladed combat stance. Left hand slightly raised, left forearm poised, and right hand blurring downwards at my side in a cobra-fast blaze of motion.

I'm locked in point position, head of the group. If the De-Toa's hostile, he'll be hitting me first. Or vice versa.

One second and counting, and the twelve-inch blade of the survival knife gleams dully in the shadows, cutting edge uppermost. My own voice rips the air just a second after Small Green's does. Hers was tired, jaded. Mine's hard and flat and brutal, an ugly deep-seated growl in my chest.

"One false move and I'll cut your face off, stranger! You heard the woman; who the are you, and who the are you workin' for, and what the are you doin' here? Talk fast!"

Intimidation tactics. The idea sounds silly and mebbe just a mite useless... until you're on the receiving end, backed up to the wall in a tight dark tunnel facing a tall rugged bruiser with an absolute beast of a blade clenched in his fist, who's only ten feet away and knows just what he's doing.

And believe me, I do know.

IC: Akili - Tunnels.

"If you take another step and you'll find out," Akili said, suddenly very serious. She had her launcher leveled, the razor-edged disk primed to shear through his throat at the squeeze of the trigger. "And even if you don't know how to falsely move, you clearly know how to falsely speak. If you really worked for the onu-whatever-you-said miners, you wouldn't be lost down here. So how about this time, you tell us the truth," she smiled impishly, "please?"

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Aar

Danaku was handcuffed to Aar for the time being and led to the entrance. Aar signed some documents, and had Dan sign them too, and then he was back outside, for the first time in his memory. Well, sort of. They were still in a cave. Aar led him to the Ussalry headquarters and entered through a back door. "Don't want to draw too much attention," he explained. Once inside, Dan was uncuffed and handed to a Matoran who asked him some questions for around a quarter of an hour. He was returned to Aar then. "He's either the best liar I've ever seen, or genuinely amnesiac." Satisfied, Aar brought him to the lobby. "We'll find your new job here."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Kajak (Onu-Wahi)

The Po-Toa stepped into the rising argument between Akili and this native at that point. "There's a series of lightstones just a bit further on," Kajak commented dryly. "And for reference," he glanced at Hammerlock- "I think he meant bad move, instead of false move. So instead of squabbling here, let's move on." 

VBWj75sh.png

"Aw...." she reluctantly lowered her weapon, "....we aren't going to shoot him?"

IC: Reson & Nariya - Nariya's House.

The house was just as he'd left it. A small building with a spacious interior. bare walls, once of which he was now leaning up agaisnt, and a carpeted floor which Curmudgeon was now crawling over, confused by the unfamiliar texture. The place looked exactly the same, except.... there was no dust. Reson hadn't been here in over a year, but the place was still clean. 

He pushed away from the wall and stepped uncertainly into the bedroom, where he'd last seen Nariya, empty and lifeless on the bed before she'd been carried off, presumably to the morgue. The bed was freshly made. He backed out of the room and started back towards the entrance, checking doorways as he passed. He was so preoccupied with his search that he didn't see the shield coming until it had smacked into his face, sending him sprawling.

"Who are you? What are you doing in my house?" Reson looked up through blurry eyes, to see a familiar female Bo-Toa, clad in blue and green armour, standing above him.

"Nariya?" he wheezed, rubbing his nose. Surely he was hallucinating....

"Reson?" her voice cracked, and she bent down to help him up. "What.... where have you been?" She dropped her shield and helped sit Reson down in one of the couches, Curmudgeon making worried noises as he followed the pair.

"It's... it's a long story..." he managed to say, his head still spinning. This wasn't happening. He'd seen her die, it had been his fault. This couldn't be real! But her careful hands on his battered face, the concern in her voice. It was all real. But... how? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Skebran

A skakdi seating in a nearby table stood up. He was big, bulky, and clearly had been in battle recently. His stomach was covered in bandages. As the skakdi approached Jettix, everyone moved so as to not get in his way. By the way they acted, it seemed as if everyone in the bar was afraid of him. On his back he carried a big protosteel sword. He was the only one in the bar carrying his own weapon, probably because the gaurds were too afraid to search him.

"You are the one who wants to rob the bank? You will need my help little toa."

Edited by ToaTatonio

My BZPRPG Profiles

Johk - Gerox - Skebran - Samoh

The Asylum: Nakton - Kuraz - Empu

IC: (Sucogu)

What secrets do you hold, my little friend?

Sucogu remained stoic, but mentally a flare was set off. Ishi was hiding something. Nonetheless, this would not hinder business- it simply meant he had to keep an eye out for backstabbing.

"I'm your man," he said with a nod, "let's get down to business."

IC: Ahkmou, Onu-Koro (The Golden Pickaxe)

"I thought we'd already been doing business," Ishi commented dryly, his eyes narrowing at the telltale signs of suspicion flickering across Sucogu.  Was this plan doomed from the start? Time would tell, but the wily informant was willing to bet the game was still in his favor.  Ishi let the matter come to a close with a swift tug on his money pouch.  The snap closure popped open, leaving him free to toss the small collection of jewels in their bag from his mutilated hands to the Sucogu's lap.  They made a dampened sound as they landed.  

"As promised, enough to start.  The meeting's in two days, although I don't know why I have to sit around and wait that long to deliver my message.  Sounds like a power trip to me, but I'm just the messenger: not my job to ask questions.  I'll pass by Ferron's Forge -- you know the place? -- on the way to the meeting.  Watch from the rooftops, and do your best to stay out of sight.  Hopefully I'm just being paranoid, but if my companion really is a spy, well...  It's good to take precautions."

Sliding off the bar stool, Ishi turned and gave his mercenary a final look.  

"Be seeing you," he said, and went to rent a room.

IC:

"Thank you." The Onu-Matoran said with palpable sincerity, running a thumb over one of his bracers. The repairs were top notch, and his gear looked better than it had in years. The belts he had left behind had been re-sized for his use, and years worth of wear and tear had been wiped away like one would clear away dust. Ironically it was in better shape than he was, now, but that wouldn't last long. He'd be back to his best soon. He had to be.

"I think I'm going to need it. It's good to have it at its best."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: We don't have Kanoka disks in the BZPRPG. Akili's launcher uses metal disks with sharpened edges.

"Let's go follow the other crazy guy into the dark tunnels," Akili said, trying to hide her disappointment with a cheery expression. "Unless you've got a better idea, Kajak?" she was quickly coming to recognise the other Toa's skills as leader. Even though she couldn't remember much about him, she was sure he'd never led them wrong in the past. 

If only she could remember the past...

IC: Nariya & Reson.

"Where have you been?" Nariya repeated, dabbing at Reson battered face with a wet cloth. "Sorry for hitting you," she added meekly.

Reson still couldn't find the words. "I thought you were dead," he finally managed to croak. 

"I'm not," Nariya assured him, "Well... technically I was... but they revived me." Her voice was pained; it wasn't an experience she liked thinking about. Being trapped outside her body... feeling her soul slip slowly away... "The only time my Iden's been good for anything." 

"I..." he couldn't think of how to respond to that, "....I'm sorry... it's my fault... I should have been more care-"

She stopped him with a kiss. "Don't blame yourself. Neither of us understood how our powers worked. I'm still here, and you're back as well. Everything turned out alright in the end. But you still haven't answered my question: where have you been?

"A lot of places," Reson decided not to mention that he'd become a drunk. "I thought you were dead; I couldn't stay in your house." 

"But it's your house as well, idiot," Nariya sat down in the chair beside him, picking up a small pile of documents. "See, I put your name on the lease almost two years ago, months before we become Toa. Do you ever read anything?" 

"I read your file," Reson passed it over to her, "that's why I came back here, when I realised there was no death certificate." He still couldn't believe any of this was happening. A few minutes ago, he'd been sure she was dead. Now here she was, calling him an idiot and kissing him as if nothing had changed in the year they'd been apart. But he could see it in her eyes: something had changed. 

"What's wrong?" he asked, lifting her chin to look her right in the eyes. "You can tell me."

"There was a murder yesterday. Someone dead in an alleyway near here," she sighed, "I found the body. There was a painting of the corpse next to it. What kind of person would do that?" 

Reson smiled for the first time all day. "I think I can help you find out," he tapped the Ussalry badge pinned to his shirt. 

IC: Jettix

The Toa of Plasma spent the next few hours trying to butter up the Lesterin and the Toa sitting on either side of him at the bar. He discussed his intentions in hushed whispers.

They were coming around, but didn't seem all that interested, so he left them alone to their drink, before having a sip of his.

A burly, bandaged Skakdi soon approached him.

"You are the one who wants to rob the Bank? You will need my help, little Toa."

Jettix turned and opened his mouth to comment on the Skakdi's rather keen sense of hearing, but the words never came. Instead, he keeled over as he burst into a deep laugh.

"I'll be the judge of that, my friend," he said, chuckling and wiping a tear from the corner of his eye with a finger. "We won't even make it through the front door

with you looking like that!" He motioned to the Skakdi's bandages before bursting into laughter once again. A couple others at the bar joined him in his mirth.

Edited by Perp

IC: Jettix

The Toa of Plasma spent the next few hours trying to butter up the Lesterin and the Toa sitting on either side of him at the bar. He discussed his intentions in hushed whispers.

They were coming around, but didn't seem all that interested, so he left them alone to their drink, before having a sip of his.

A burly, bandaged Skakdi soon approached him.

"You are the one who wants to rob the Bank? You will need my help, little Toa."

Jettix turned and opened his mouth to comment on the Skakdi's rather keen sense of hearing, but the words never came. Instead, he keeled over as he burst into a deep laugh.

"I'll be the judge of that, my friend," he said, chuckling and wiping a tear from the corner of his eye with a finger. "We won't even make it through the front door

with you looking like that!" He motioned to the Skakdi's bandages before bursting into laughter once again. A couple others at the bar joined him in his mirth.

IC:

The Skakdi didn't seem to be the only one with a keen sense of hearing. Crystalia wasn't far away, tending to her drink while sitting with her friends. Her hearing had been honed by the man who had trained her to kill, the man who had pretended to be her father, Insidian. She glanced at Jettix, they want to rob a bank? Crystalia thought. That sounds fun... She thought. She hadn't had a thrill in far too long, and stealing was better then murder.

My Huna will come in handy... surely. She thought as she got up and approached the bar.

"Are you in need of another?" she asked quietly. "Though, I doubt this is the best place to discuss such things. Many ears in here. And if I could pick up on your plans, then others as well." she said softly.

IC:

Uulina paced along the earthen road of Onu-Koro, her mining pick swinging freely from her hand like a well timed but sharp pendulum. It would look, to all the world, like someone waiting for a friend to arrive, But as anyone who knew Uulina would know, she has no friends.

No, the truth was, Uulina was just bored, and though she was a toa, she really didn't feel like one! Small jobs, Mining work... These were just everyday matoran things!

She let out a sigh and leaned against the wall, slumping down until she was sitting on the ground, pick handle between her knees.

another, more exaggerated sigh.

OOC: Open for interaction, like, in that really melodramatic kinda way?

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

IC: Reson & Nariya.

"What, you're leaving already?" Nariya protested as Reson got to his feet. 

"I'll be back this time," he promised, "I've got to go get some things." He nudged Curmudgeon with his foot. "Stay here and look after her." 

"I've been fine on my own for a year. I don't need a crab to protect me," Nariya said dryly. 

Reson chuckled, "Good. You can look after him, then." He stepped outside, breathing hard, his head still spinning. He wasn't sure if it was because of the sudden revelation that his girlfriend had been still alive all along, or that she'd slapped him upside the head with her shield. He closed the door behind him, pocketing his spare key and heading down back towards Ferron's forge. He stopped at the door and knocked loudly. 

Nariya, meanwhile, remained sprawled on her couch, wondering why the heck Reson had gotten a crab in the first place. 

IC:

"Thank you." The Onu-Matoran said with palpable sincerity, running a thumb over one of his bracers. The repairs were top notch, and his gear looked better than it had in years. The belts he had left behind had been re-sized for his use, and years worth of wear and tear had been wiped away like one would clear away dust. Ironically it was in better shape than he was, now, but that wouldn't last long. He'd be back to his best soon. He had to be.

"I think I'm going to need it. It's good to have it at its best."

"Yes, naturally" Ferron replied. Handing the finished weapons and armor over to the Matoran.

"Would you mind taking a message with you to your superiors for me, Tarnok?" he then asked.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: [ Hammerlock ] - Onu-Wahi / Tunnel network

Our valiant ragtag company marches on, passing from shadows into light(er) places. The off-beat clatter and bang of industry gets louder and louder; the underground settlement we're approaching must be plenty large and prosperous.

I toss my knife deftly from hand to hand as I walk (don't try this trick at home kids), and think about how brutally effective it would be in these narrow passageways. Much better than, say, for instance, that great big cumbersome bloodletter thingie that Swordsman's dragging around on his back.

I'll bet I could stab him six-seven times before he even got the stupid thing out of the scabbard, let alone into action. And I'll bet I could get Rocky too, and in the same sequence of motion. A sort of 'bonus kill', like.

Except then I'd have to worry about X-Ray, Tall Green, Small Green, and Lunatic. And probably also the local militia, just 'cause, y'know, things happen.

Yeah okay seriously I'm not trying anything. Don't get any ideas. I ain't stupid.

• Upvote 1

IC:

"Not at all. What can I tell them for you?"

"Tell Akiri Nuparu if you can that I support what he's doing, and that if the Ussalry needs an extra hand, I'd be happy to lend what aid I can offer" Ferron announced, looking very thoughtful all of a sudden.

"I feel the need to do whatever I can, guess I'm not quite used to my new role yet"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Wekar:

Wekar notices Crystalia walk away, trying to be discreet but failing, and, now that she's gone, Wekar asks the group, "What do you think of that Toa? She's a little..." He takes a sip of his drink. "...loopy." He takes another sip, only to spit it out and throw the cup across the room. "What the karz was that Mata-Nui-forsaken beverage?!" The bartender looks irked.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC: Aar

The Onu-Matoran took a leaflet from the reception desk and handed it to him. "The jobs are on here, but none of the ones involving going out and about are offered to working criminals. Don't want you running and all that."

The remaining jobs after that were assistant armorer, mechanic, and archivist (assistant trainer was on the list too, but Aar pointed out it involved a lot of going outside), receptionist, Onepu's secretary, and at the bottom a last option was seemingly written in by hand, "polisher of Onepu's shiny things". 

"I also need to tell you we have a three strike system. If you're reported for bad behavior from multiple individuals three times, you go back to your cell. Attempting to run counts as all three strikes."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:

"No one expected this to happen. Makuta was gone." The Onu-Matoran replied, carefully strapping his equipment back on. Chest armor first, then his limbs, each segment fastened carefully to his body. His knife belt was next, circling his waist and being cinched tightly. His saperka was secured to his back, and finally he picked up the last item. The newest addition, actually; the grenade belt he had taken off of the defeated bank robber.

He swung it over his shoulder and under the opposite arm, fastening it like a bandolier.

IC:

Heavy breaths echoed through the tunnels by the time Krayn finally reached Onu-Koro's gates. He had ridden hard to reach the tunnel, and he had pushed himself even harder once he set out on foot. The trip from the tunnel's entrance to the Village of Earth had been not unlike a marathon; the De-Toa would jog for as long as he possibly could before slowing to a walk, only to pick up the pace once more when he was able. Even with the endurance that came with spending so long in a Koro's military he was exhausted by the time he neared the gate.

It had been worth it, however. By his estimate he was probably only an hour or two behind Naona and Dehkaz, assuming that they had proceeded at a more measured pace. He had served with them both long enough to know that even when in a hurry they would pace themselves, avoid over-exhaustion.

There was probably more sense to that than to Krayn's strategy, but strategy was hardly on his mind.

He approached the gate on leaden feet, raising a hand to the guards in greeting. He hoped he would pass easily enough.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Wekar:

The Onu-Matoran looked steely-eyed at Crystilia, wondering what was up to.

He then tossed Dax a bag of chips, and said, "I'm going to go see if anyone else is available in the mines!

As he headed towards the Great Mine, he saw a Toa sitting tiredly at the side of the road. "Hey!" he shouted.

OoC: That's your character, Rahkshi Lalonde!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC:

Uulina opened her eyes at the sound of a shout, looking back up from the ground she could see the frame of a nearby matoran beyond the handle of her tool (which still sat square center in her field of vision.)

She mustered the shortest, most innocent sounding response in her vocabulary:

"Who, me?"

IC Wekar:

Wekar crawls off of Dax, and goes towards the Toa, offering his hand. "Name's Wekar. Me and a group of... friends... are planning a way to get up to Iru-Wahi and try helping some Ko-Koronian refugees. Seem interesting?"

IC:

She got to her feet and pondered on the suggestion,

on one hand, she really really didn't want to get stuck in some team. On the other hand, she really really didn't want to stay in Onu-Koro forever...

In thinking, she was unaware she was both staring blankly over the matoran's head, and producing a long and audible "uhh" sound.

IC: Wekar

He noticed the Toa making some guttural noise of confusion, to which he responds, "We're really not much of a team. We just all wanted what's right... and apparently this cafe's drinks. Karz, they're potent!"

IC:

The sound began warping into recognizable words now,

"UuuuiiiiI guess I have a little free time?" (a lie, she has nothing but free time)

Her mind was already thinking ahead;

It won't be terribly detrimental, will it? After all, if things get tough I can always bail! I've done it before...

She kept those thoughts in her head as she shook the matoran's hand, no need to tell everything, after all.