BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: Helios from Po-Wahi

IC: Helios (Tunnels)

I dashed through the tunnels on my way home

OOC: Helios to Le-Wahi

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"Would there be anything else?" Ferron asked.

IC: Akiri Nuparu (Nuparu's Office)

"Tarkahn, you came here offering me information and easy access for yourself into Ko-Koro, and it turned out you only had one of those." Nuparu said sternly.

"If there's anything else you have to offer, I strongly suggest you tell us now, so we don't start suspecting you of wasting our time"

Inefficiency was Nuparu's First Failing.

IC: Wiremu (Workshop)

"Of course, of course," Wiremu obliged, "enjoy your new mecha, Gavarm"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC:

Quick heads-up; I'll be gone most of this week, so this'll probably be my last IC post 'til next Monday.

IC: [ Hammerlock ] - Onu-Wahi / surface

"Roger that!" I call back. "I honestly wouldn't mind getting at least within visual of the temple, but if you want to stop here, that's fine too."

From what I've heard, the temple complex is located at the bottom of a shallow valley, with higher forest ground all about it. Occupying a good vantage point before full blackness comes would be a tactically sound maneuver, and if we were in an actively hostile zone I would insist on it. But at this point it's not an imperative, and Trava's the boss.

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC: Skyra

"Alright, it's settled then. We're going to Ko-koro." I gave a nod to each of the volunteers for the mission. The only one who had yet to speak up was Krayn. For obvious reasons I assumed this was a difficult decision for him, no one was gonna rush him, not when it was his girlfriend that was missing. 

"There aren't a whole lot of us, not compared to the army of bad guys that are probably sitting in Ko-koro right now. If we're gonna do this, we need a plan, have clear objectives and goals. Otherwise we'll probably die." I doubted anyone present would disagree. "That being said, I think we should first visit Akiri Nuparu, he's more likely than anyone else in this city to have the most information on Ko-koro, and we need good intel if we're gonna do this. It wouldn't hurt to have the resources and aid of the koro either." The only way Ko-koro could realistically be liberated was if we had an army of our own. Our little group was hardly an army, but if we got a koro or two to aid us well, we might've stood a chance. 

"What do you guys think? Sound like a good start?" 

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:Arankhe

The knight-like Cry-Lesterin wandered through the earth Koro, her eyes beaming dimmed light through her face plate like flashlights. As she walked, she listened to things around, perhaps something would catch her attention?

And something did indeed.

What was this about Ko-Koro? From her knowledge, that was the...ice village. Yes, that was the one. Something about an 'army of bad guys'? She guessed from the talk that wasn't how it was meant to be. Besides, 'army of bad guys'. That was kind of the thing she had arrived to find and put her broadsword through. Y'know. Bad guys.

Her interest peaked, Arankhe changed direction, slowing down and nearing to listen more.

OOC: Howdy, yall, mind if Arankhe joins in?

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

OOC: I, personally, don't see a problem, Aegis; just be aware that the group is currently in the reception area of the Ussalry HQ.  :) 

IC:

"Well," Rynekk said, trying to look and sound confident -- not for the first time, he envied his sister's easy way with people -- as he took a step forward, "as we all know, Ko-Koro's been invaded by a large group of Makuta worshippers, currently under the command of the Necromancer, Echelon, and calling themselves 'the Legacy.' They were aided by a death cult known as the Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An; they were recently forced out of the tunnels around here, and were raring for a go against the forces of order and justice."

The Toa stopped for a moment, trying to think of the best way to explain the next part.

"Their other backers are a group of Skakdi -- about six, from what the reports in Ta-Koro were saying after they stormed into the place, bombed the Lavapool, and butchered at least one Guard in Ta-Kini."

Rynekk stopped again. He took a deep breath. Steadied himself.

"And that's not even the worst part," the Toa said, a brave attempt at a flippant smile on his face. "Did I mention that these guys managed to get inside the ###### Vault?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Monia - Onu-Koro

Monia liked Onu-Koro. Dark, full of shadows to hide in, and easy pickings to steal from people if she felt like it. She liked the fact that the Koro was run by Matoran; weak, sensitive, never doing what needed to be done. Made her life comfortable.

And now, she was scared. If Ko-Koro fell, what would happen to her precious Onu-Koro? The idea scared her, and she didn't want to think of an Onu-Koro lacking Matoran. A Onu-Koro where the shadows were actually alive. That nightmare wasn't her Onu-Koro, and she was going to prevent it from becoming a reality.

Outside of the Ussalry HQ, Monia crouched alongside the wall, half in shadow, half in light. Hiding wasn't her concern right now, tuning her hearing aid was, the "stupid machine."

She fiddled with the device a little more, sounds ranging from sleeping Ussals to some Guard snoring, until she hit the right combination. "There we go."

"....I mention that these guys managed to get inside the ###### Vault?" Some voice said. Male. Probably a Toa, given the depth, certainly not a Vortixx or a Skakdi, and not light enough for a Matoran. She put her ear to the wall, and continued listening.

This Monia wasn't very subtle. Arankhe had simply stood near a door, where sound could escape easier. She wouldn't be very stealthy if she tried, she was huge and clad in armor.

"Hello." She said, lowering her voice.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

I nodded my head as I listened. "Yeah, I've seen what was left of the Lavapool. Those Piraka are no joke." Not to mention Ta-Kini, but I really didn't want to think about what I saw in there. 

Now the vault, that was rather interesting.

"You don't mean the ###### Vault? The one in Mangaia?" 

Rynekk nodded.

"Well ######." Whatever had been in that vault had been locked away for a reason. And now the enemy had access to all of it. 

"We're gonna need all the help we can get for this one." I was even considering asking old Turaga and crippled orphans. 

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Monia

Monia grew so interested in listening in on the meeting indoors, she lost track of her surroundings. A deep "Hello" jarred Monia back into reality and onto her backside with a small scream. Her FMS headset got knocked off her head and slid a few feet away, as she jumped onto her feet, a jumped up onto her feet. "The kraz are you playing at!?" she shouted, breathing heavy from the fright.

Arankhe placed her finger on where her mouth would be, before pointing to the door.

"I'm listening, just like you."

She listened more.

All the help they could get? Arankhe was willing to help!

Perhaps she could offer her help to them?

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Monia scowled at the stranger. She turned on her heel, and went to pick up her FMS. Thankfully, it wasn't damaged. She would have broken the stranger's arms for that. She looked over her shoulder and muttered, "The brain of dermis turtle in that one..."

Brains of a dermis turtle?Now that was rude!

Raising her gait to its full height, Arankhe suddenly appeared a lot more imposing, one hand even raising to grab the handle of her sword as she pointed at Monia with the other.

"It is your own fault if you don't pay attention to your surroundings, and it means nothing about me. All it does is prove your own lack of awareness and not that I am, as you seem to think, stupid." Her voice suddenly booming.

She loved it when she tried to be scary to smaller people. She shouldn't have, back home she was a guard, but still.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

[...]

"We're gonna need all the help we can get for this one."

[...]

"It is your own fault if you don't pay attention to your surroundings, and it means nothing about me. All it does is prove your own lack of awareness and not that I am, as you seem to think, stupid." 

IC:

"I couldn't agree more," Rynekk said, nodding solemnly. "But there's more. The refugees have told us--"

--Which was about the time when someone outside started shouting.

The Toa of Stone leaned over, peering over the Le-Toa's shoulder.

"Oy!" he shouted. "Don't you know not to cause trouble outside a police station?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Dervish, Onu-Koro (Ferron's Forge)

"I figure that's about it," I responded, taking the words of the forgemaster as my time to pull out the wallet.  Counting up the rough sum of widgets I hit on a problem.  

"Um..."

IC: Ahkmou, Onu-Koro (Wise Man's Archive)

After the bungle with Priicu, and the silence of Skoll, Ishi found his patience wearing thin.  Taking solace in the shelves of books,he wandered the rows of tablets and leather-bound tomes.  Some titles were nostalgic, others boring, but a great trove tantalized his mind with the words stored within their covers or on their faces.  Ignoring the presence of his bodyguard, Ishi awkwardly made himself a small nest of books around a footstool in the middle of an aisle and prepared for the long wait for Nuparu's summons.  Each page proved difficult to turn, sometimes taking several attempts, and made reading a grind for the otherwise speedy thinker.  Slowing down, taking a rest, ignoring the frantic lifestyle, all these things seemed to be lessons the matoran was learning in abundance.

If only he could learn faster.

IC: Onepu

The tall Onu-Matoran leaned back in his seat, smiling and folding his arms. This was why Nuparu was his favorite Akiri. Well no, it was because they were old friends and he happened to be the Akiri of the village he protected. But that kind of reaction, the kind that says 'This is Onu-Koro, &!@(#, we don't take Fader Bull $%*@ here', made him proud. And he did like to think it was largely thanks to him that that attitude had become so prevalent in the village's higher-ups.

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:

Dehkaz looked up from the worn tablet, glancing sideways down the street before stowing the thin piece of carved stone in his coat.  He'd read over it once already and so knew where to go, but it never hurt to check.

Or maybe he was just stalling.

It'd been a while since he'd visited Onu-Koro, but the area where they were headed was one of the older locals, positioned close enough to the edge to have the great cavern slope downward towards the ground, giving the area an overall stuffy, claustrophobic feel.  That wasn't what was putting him on edge.

Dehkaz turned slightly to put the accompanying toa of Stone in his field of view, and tilted his head to indicate the more traveled walkway.

"This way, Roth's place shouldn't be far."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Sulov is indifferent. All he has done is probe. Tarkahn has proven ignorance, Nuparu firmness. He sees goodness in both of these: Nuparu has standards, Tarkahn unpreparedness unlike a possible double agent. There is honesty here. The Earth cannot be deceived.

Sulov only waits to see the next truth.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC Tarkahn:

I sputter angrily, hurt that Nuparu would insult me so.

"Would you prefer to have nointel, Nuparu?! Or intel that takes a little effort to acquire?! Perhaps I will simply go elseware if the former is true!"

I shook, an unfortunate habit of mine when upset or agitated as I tried to collect myself.

"If I cannot regain entrance to the city through any means, then I will take it upon myself to at least help you prepare for the assault. I can help design weapons for not only soldiers, but also your Exo-Matoran, if you will only give me the chance."

I glanced at Onepu, the guardsman had personally seen to it that my weapons were all but banned in Onu-Koro.

"I'm sure the Captain of the guard can attest to my... particular talents in that regard..."

OOC:Hope I'm not treading on toes here, if so, lemme know and I'll edit it right up.

IC:

"I couldn't agree more," Rynekk said, nodding solemnly. "But there's more. The refugees have told us--"

--Which was about the time when someone outside started shouting.

The Toa of Stone leaned over, peering over the Le-Toa's shoulder.

"Oy!" he shouted. "Don't you know not to cause trouble outside a police station?"

-Void

Great, so now they've heard us.

Monia quickly stepped around her new "friend" and unleashed a large grin. "Hi, no, we were arguing about where to find the location of the station. Is this it?" Monia gave him a wink when it hit her:

Her eyes were uncovered. With a gasp, she grab her left wrist and yanked off a length of fabric. Once wrapped around her head, she laughed nervously.

IC: Akiri Nuparu (Nuparu's Office)

"I'm just stating the facts, and my perception of them" Nuparu replied, "you're the one who couldn't back up your offer"

"However," he continued, and reclined back into his chair with a more passive expression," you're also right; any intel at all is worthwhile"

Nuparu sat there and pondered for a while, the silence only broken by the distant humming of machinery.

"Your offer of additional expertise is also most welcome, we have need of all such we can get a hold of at the moment"

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"I take it that means you can't afford to pay the full sum?" Ferron presumed.

"Don't worry about it, just give me what you can spare, and we'll call it even" he said with a gentle smile.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Naona

She was already moving the moment her companion had made the gesture, armoured feet rapidly pacing across the walkway. It was evident from her tense shoulders, unblinking eyes and few breaths that the Toa of Stone was tightly strung, the possibilities that lay in the near future swirling through her mind. Her descent was quick, legs carrying her down the slope at an intense pace. The claustrophobic environment meant little to her.

Hari meant everything.

And now she was going to get some answers.

"Keep up, Dehkaz," she said, tone clipped.

[...]

"Hi, no, we were arguing about where to find the location of the station. Is this it?"

[...]

"Sorry, Uh, yeah. That. Lookin for the station."

IC:

Rynekk raised an eyebrow at the large figure's sudden ... blind ... fold ... ing ... of herself. Huh. But he wasn't about to comment on it; he liked to think of himself as too chivalrous for that.

Plus, he just wasn't in the mood.

"Yeah, this is the Ussalry HQ," he answered. "I'd recommend not yelling right outside of it; people might get the wrong idea."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Dehkaz followed, off to the side and close, as Naona continued her undeterred march towards a place which he would not, no matter the circumstances, be eager to come across.  A few larger steps brought him alongside the toa of Stone, and he began almost carefully, "It might be best if I talk with Roth."

He didn't glance over, gaze fixed ahead at the rows of buildings they were rapidly approaching.

"He's not a mercenary any longer, but he may get a bit jumpy around," He tapped the guard insignia on his shoulder armor pointedly.  While he could still pull off the shady bounty hunter look to some degree, Naona quite frankly had the Guard in her blood.  "Just so he doesn't get the wrong idea and run."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Naona

"I can tone down the authority," she said drily.

It was quite a transformation. The intense, professional demeanour shifted, her posture slacking, expression lightening, and her hands were no longer drifting consistently near her weapons. The eyes had not changed, but otherwise, the attitude seemed indeed different.

IC:

"Fair enough," It was rather impressive.  While it looked unnatural to see Naona in such a state--he'd gotten used to the determined, clear-cut woman of the law--darken her armor a few shades, add some not too well thought out paint designs and some general wear, and she could pass for a sword for hire.  Besides the eyes.  Her amber gaze reminded him of the hard, unwavering look held by those assassins and mercenaries with a deep personal vendetta, those who got into the business for very personal reasons.  Save the fact that her's were far more focused.

And far more dangerous.

"I'll at least knock, then.  I've worked with him before, and the last time we parted the mutual death threats hadn't quite started.  Besides, that slouch looks like it's painful."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Dervish, Onu-Koro (Ferron’s Forge)
Nice guy, Ferron.  If this was Ta-Koro, I wouldn’t be let off the hook with having less widgets.  Maybe it was the whole, “I’ve lived out my destiny,” thing that gave him such a nonchalant attitude to finance.  Speaking of living out one’s destiny…
“Thanks,” I said while handing over what I had.  “I hope you don’t think this rude, but I was wondering, well… how’d you become a turaga?”
Destiny isn’t my thing, generally, but for some reason this wise old turaga felt like a mirror into someone I could be – ignoring the fact I’m a mercenary making money killing innocents.