BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

A pause.

"I have."

IC:

"I appreciate that, Rynekk." The De-Toa was quiet a moment, eyes panning to his (former) Commander as if he could sense what the Po-Toa next to him was thinking. She was helping Four pick out her disguise, it looked as though the Toa of Water was having a little trouble with it. Better Skyra than him; his suggestions would have been basic at best.

"But to be perfectly honest, I don't think I'll ever really be retired. I wanted a little quiet, but it was never going to be permanent. It just ended a bit earlier than normal." 

His wry smile returned.

"And look at my family. Rahkslayers, former Mark Bearers, high-ranking Guard personnel... Group like that, I'm never going to be able to sit still long. Have to work harder to keep up, too."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Rynekk snorted good-naturedly, a small grin reappearing on his face.

"Welcome to my world, brother," he said, the light in his eyes returning, then dimming for a moment. "But, Krayn, I just want you to know ... any old fool could reach any of those achievements. You're a good, dependable man; out of anyone here, I'd be most likely to follow you into battle if you were confident. Maybe you don't have a lot of flashy titles, but that doesn't mean anything when it comes down to what really matters."

With his free hand, the Guard tapped the Toa of Sonics' heartlight, and he smiled.

"You've got skills and, more importantly, the heart to go with it. A lot of people only get one of those. Rare person that gets both."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Tarnok nearly answered.

The words were on the tip of his tongue. Almost without thought; whether they had spoken lately or not, Gavarm was a comrade. A member of a now woefully small group with whom he had trusted, and still would, to have his back. Then he remembered the sheer desperation and panic in her voice, the rapid-fire beat of her heart as she passed a message that she didn't dare let anyone else see.

Didn't dare say out loud in the middle of Onu-Koro, in front of their own Ussalry headquarters. He saw the seriousness in Gavarm's gaze, and heard the uncharacteristic clarity of his voice. The Ussalmatoran's green eyes refocused, and in that moment, he wasn't so sure he wanted to answer that question. Gavarm was a man he would trust with his own life.

But trust him with Leli's?

"Why do you want to know?" His tone didn't change, not even after the few seconds of pause, but his demeanor was more serious. "Isn't for a Commanders meeting. You'd know where she is."

IC:

"Then," Krayn clapped Rynekk on the back, after a long moment's silence. "We're lucky to have two, aren't we?" 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

He hadn't expected that.

"Thanks, Krayn," Rynekk replied, smiling, not really believing his friend -- not that he didn't think that the other Toa meant what he had said; just that he didn't know the truth. "You're a good friend. It'll be a pleasure fighting my way through a hive of scum and villainy with you."

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Gavarm's eyes flashed the color of a flood, reeling with something reminiscent of hurt, and he stumbled back into a light smile. "Why, I just need to talk to her about someone under her command. I think he's not performing well as is, and I'm wondering if she'd be amenable to a transfer. I'm more experienced handling problem guys--got by with you, didn't I?"

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:

"If it comes to a fight, I guess we'll find out whether those skills are as good as we think." The De-Toa quipped, though there was something faintly different about his friend's tone, inaudible to anyone but a De-Toa, that seemed off. But he let it pass. For now, 

"Ready to enter the fray?"

IC:

"Have always been good with problems." He'd seen the look of hurt. It didn't hurt much less to inflict it. Maybe he was overreacting, seeing shadows where nothing existed. But something about her tone had him on edge. Mistrustful. He had only heard something even close to panic in her voice once, and neither he nor she had been certain they would make it.

The idea that something could have caused something worse than the fear of death in Onu-Koro made his blood freeze.

"You know, it was always weird that Kirsug stepped down. Always thought it was weirder when Leli took his place. She's more than qualified, but she was a Force officer until pretty recently." The Onu-Matoran shrugged. "Well, such things are above my pay-grade."

"She was going to give a report on her last mission. Darkwalks were apparently something disturbing. I told her I'd meet her after she gave her report, I'll walk with you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

The Ussalmatoran nodded, continuing his earlier interrupted walk towards HQ as part of an unlikely trio. He permitted the quiet to continue for a moments before looping a thumb into his belt, and glancing over to the Major.

"So, who's the candidate for transfer?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: 

As debriefings went, this one was... relatively sedate.  Or maybe it was the fact that her head just felt lethargic compared to the maddening beat of her heart minutes before.  Leli let out a breath that she didn't realize she had been holding, punctuated by the door sliding shut behind her.  There wasn't much for her to say, her squad had already given a full report.  Other than her recommendation to bury the Mata Nui forsaken tunnels under enough rock and earth to completely blot out their very existence, and the horrors that lurked within their confines.

What had she been thinking?

she had to do it

She couldn't go through with this.

There was no way out.

Her feet had carried her deeper into the building on their own accord, running through the motions of life, traveling along the beaten path to her office.  Office.  Normal.  No giveaways.

The door was ajar, not like she locked anything up, but was otherwise just as she had left it hours-

days- weeks-?

Before.

Tidy, though only because she didn't spend enough time in there to really cause much of a mess.  Single desk, knickknacks from home.  She didn't look at those.  Pile of paperwork, both on durable tablets and actual paper, gathering dust, and added too by another sheet which she had walked in the room with.  Leli stepped around, positioning herself in the Le-Koroan chair, the wood still tangy and familiar.  Out of instinct, she unfastened her pack, opening it just enough to gaze down at the partially hidden, hide-wrapped shape within.

Her heart picked up again.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Rungui

Did I say something or...?

"Ah well, that's a shame but I understand." he said, raising his beer. "To your robust health and, errr...glory days? May fortune smile on you and may women somehow still find you attractive in your old age, bless their souls. Cheers!"

He waited.

And waited.

And when it became obvious that no one would clang! his bottle, he shamelessly clang!ed Dalrin's.

"Watch out man, I think he might steal your thunder." he whispered. 

Edited by TX Wade

IC:

Rynekk grinned in a way that wouldn't have looked out of place on another Simul's face.

"Always," the Guard said, then turned to look at Skyra and Four and added, "We're back! Miss us?"

IC:

"Oh my God," Dally whispered back, pushing aside the Vortixx and leaning over to offer the Turaga his hand.

"Sorry about my friend here, sir," he said with an amiable smile. "He's not drunk, I'm afraid; always like this. The ol' doc here might be half-decent in the operating theatre, but his bedside manner ... has ... yet to be discovered. Lemme assure you, though, that not all Ussalmen are as bad as him."

The Onu-Matoran cranked his smile up to a pearly grin.

"Dalrin Stratos: case in point."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Don't let him fool you, he's still a terrible ussalman. Once, he picked up an old, dried up #### from the stables, thinking it was a rock, and he kept it in his pocket for days on end. Had to treat him for a nasty skin condition due to having his hands in his pockets all the time."

I looked at him.

"You really have to work on your hygiene, by the way."

IC (Grochi, Onu-Koro):

Another old man in the bar - one who had yet to leave Onu-Koro since the people he'd previously been travelling with had disappeared - raised an eyebrow, turning to the group that was speaking. He got up, and while Rungui and Dalrin were talking between themselves, went and stood by Ferron.

"They're quite the pair, aren't they?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Skyra

"Yeah that's the spirit! If you're good with knives then daggers shouldn't be a problem!" I gave her a thumbs up, she seemed like she needed a confidence boost. Then Krayn and Rynekk stepped back in. 

"Ah perfect, ready to get this show on the road Rynekk?" I didn't see any reason to wait any longer, the sooner we headed out to Ko-koro the better, it was gonna be quite a trip. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Kale Ironshaper- Onu-koro

IC: While the others had been dealing with picking out armor and pep talks Kale had been writing a letter to the remaining crew members on the Fowadi instructing them to head back to base. He had just finished handing it over to an Onu-Matoran messenger when Skyra stepped forward to talk to the newly returned Rynekk and Krayn.

"I'm ready to go when you are."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"All right, sir," Rynekk said, nodding to Kale with a smile, arm dropping from around Krayn's shoulders and back down to his side. He glanced over to Skyra next, eyes flashing strangely in the dim light; something had changed in him from his conversation with the Toa of Sonics.

But his smile didn't waver, and it didn't seem any less sincere than it had been when directed to his old crewmate.

"Ready and raring, ma'am," he said brightly, with a quick salute. "Just cleared my calendars, so I don't have to worry about missing a date if I die horribly."

IC:

"Yeah! I know!" Dally said. "That's why I was so surprised when I saw you went into the mess hall while covered in Ussal ######!"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Kale and I should go through the gates first." Krayn made the assertion unhesitatingly, regarding the group even as he nodded to indicate that he was ready. A slightly motley crew, if he was honest, but no more than usual. Motley crews tended to be how they got things done, if the past was anything to go by. His gaze swiveled, after a moment, towards Skyra. Though falling into a leadership role was expected, given her status as the highest ranked in a largely military group, it was by no means something he took as a given.

"We're the least recognizable. Even if something goes awry, we'll have gotten at least one pair into the city." He explained, before the faintest hints of humor crept into his voice. "And we have the most firepower, so to speak, if something really goes awry."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "I agree with Krayn. Krayn and I have worked together before and our skill sets are probably the most compatible out of the group. Might as well make sure we get the most effective pair through"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Gavarm looked thoughtful for a second. "No one you'd know, ol' sport," he responded, the accent seeping back in. "Targit's hard ta notice, sorta like you once was, but he probably ain't arrestin' any Toa teams in th' near future." The allusion to the Maasi incident came with practiced archness. "Not because he don't want to. He's just scared o' the spotlight, Ah reckon."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Skyra

I smiled back at Rynekk, "Yeah, wouldn't want that would we?" I then turned to Krayn and Kale, they had a good point, they were probably the best choice for entering first. 

"Alright then, you guys go in first. The rest of us will wait till you've safely entered the city before the next group goes in." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

What Krayn said made sense, but it didn't make Rynekk any fonder of his friends going into ###### before him.

Still, that was just his heart talking. The plan was logical, and it did the Guard good to see the old Lieutenant taking charge there.

"All right," he said, turning back to the Toa of Sonics. "Sounds like a plan."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Hitching his pack over his shoulder Kale turned and headed off.

OOC: Kale to Ko-wahi.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Welcome to one of the craziest groups in existence," Krayn commented over his shoulder to Arankhe, shifting his cloak slightly as he started walking and fixed Rynekk with a look. "And I've never been your boss, Simul."

"Let's roll, folks."

OOC: Krayn to Ko.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Ferron (Golden Pickaxe)

"It's alright, I've had to forgive a lot worse" Ferron said before taking a helping of beer.

"Women? Ha, if only" Ferron thought to himself, the image of a certain bounty hunter flashing across his eyes for a moment.

It really would be interesting to see her again now.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"###### yeah, I am!" Dally said, suddenly grinning from ear-to-ear. "Private Dalrin Stratos, veteran of the Po-Wahi Dark Walk! I stormed into the shadows and, though faced with Rahkshi and freaks of nature, used my strength and my wits to fight my way to the source of that terrible tunnel's woes, walking away with a boon of absolutely kick-###### foreign technology! Who wouldn't be chipper about that? They're gonna be telling stories about me for years, man!"

"And you too, I guess."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Keep it up and you'll be ready for your own monument soon enough." Rungui said, grinning now. "Buuuuuut don't let it get to your head. The cocky ones always get what's coming to them sooner or later."

He sipped his beer.

"I'm just glad to be alive, honestly. Any one of us could have ended up like that cripple, or worse. It's a miracle that none of us died down there."