BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Vantul

"Oh no, you don't need to do that, I was just wondering if you could sit in the front of the shop and deal with customers and such for, say, ten minutes? I shouldn't be long. I'm just gonna finish this guy's spear. I think he wants to watch anyway. If you tried to make him leave with you, I'm not so sure that would work. So no, you don't need to take him on a tour. But could you watch the front of the shop while I'm back here?"

OOC: I do be clarifying.

I am from space.  :l:  :a:  :l:  :a:  :j:  :u:  :j:  :u:  :n:  :i:  :n:  :i:

IC: *A small Po-Matoran tramps into Le-Koro from Po-Wahi holding a Kolhii stick and a sword made from a Kane-Ra tooth.*

" Hello, Le-Matorans! I have come to Le-Koro seeking fun! Will you give me that simple thing? "

OOC: I just came from Po-Koro. Please reply to the above post. And no, I'm not desperate. I'm not. :begging:

Edited by ToaPoraku

Never use LEGO and Megabloks in the same build - Me.

IC (Orderin, Le-Koro):

Orderin downed the last of his drink, and left a small tip on the table.

He then slung his rucksack across his shoulder, and slipped out of the bar, on to the streets of Le-Koro. Across from the door, near the entrance to the Koro proper, a small Po-Matoran, clutching a Kolhii stick and an unusual looking sword, called out to the passers-by.

Ordering gave a slight sigh, remembering his first meeting with another Matoran, who would become one of the few he called friend, and who he hadn't seen in more than a year.

He walked over, giving a wave of greeting, to see what the Matoran was talking about.

Edited by Falcon Lord

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC (Poraku): *Poraku sees a large Le-Toa walking towards him from a small bar. Poraku ever the friendly one, strikes a conversation.*

"Hello, friend! I am Poraku. I happened to come this way, seeking a good drink and a Kolhii match. Could you show me around to places where I can find these things?"

Edited by ToaPoraku

IC (Orderin, Le-Koro):

Orderin smiled; the Matoran seemed friendly enough, and had an optimistic air about him, a rare thing, what with all the darkness of recent happenings.

"Well met, friend, I'm Orderin. About a Kolhii match, I don't know, but that bar," He pointed towards the doorway he had just exited, "Serves a decent enough drink."

He turned back to the Matoran, and leaned on his walking staff.

"I should ask, have you come from Po-Koro? I've been out of commission for a while, and, I fear, not exactly up to date on the happenings around the Island."

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC (Poraku): *Poraku shrugs.*

"I fear I'm not totally up to date either. But, I hear there have been some dark dealings around the Blackrock."

*Poraku laughs*

"But that is not what brings me here. The Kolhii match can. Be postponed, but I will take you up on the offer of a good drink!"

*Poraku follows Orderin into the bar.*

IC (Sisk):

"Agreed." the Le-Matoran said, looking around with narrow eyes. At first there was only the destruction of the beetles to see, but the more he observed it, the more those traces became a background pattern and he could make out details that had been caused by things after the insects had been beaten back.

A bunch of broken off branches caught his eye as he scanned their surroundings. They had snapped off at roughly the same distance from the trunk of the tree, which told the Le-Matoran something big had come through there. Moving closer he also noticed snapped of branches on another tree opposite to the first one. 

Then suddenly, his foot caught on something and, caught by surprise, he went down face first, mask hitting a puddle with a splat. Face dripping with mud, Sisk propped himself up onto his elbows, looking down past his leg to see what had cause the pratfall. There was a rectangular cutout in the jungle floor, which had been covered by fallen leaves and smaller branches. And it wasn't the only one. More marks suddenly stood out, equidistant spacing clearly indicating tracks. With dirty water dripping from his features and chest, Sisk turned to Helios.

"I believe I have found our trail."

-----

IC: Ekko

"Hey Cap'n, think you could cook dead ancient ruin guardian?"

IC (Aparangi & Rewera): 

IC: Kythera

With a mild sense of curiosity, and half-expecting one of the being he'd pushed aside to turn out to be some scarred, muscle-bound skakdi, she listened to Aparangi's conversation. Though her attention was mostly fixed on the dark-armored Toa sitting across from her. Well, not so dark-armored; a better look had revealed Rewera had a slight bluish tint, and Aparangi red, if it really meant anything.

"Oh I'm sure we can fix that," Kythera assured, giving an impish grin, icy eyes gleaming for a moment. More so from her own... thoughts, than anything that Rewera had actually said. The vortixx laced her fingers together, elbows pressed against the table and head resting on her hands. "I think I might go first, I've got the sneaking suspicion that your story is a fair bit more interesting than mine."

IC (Rewera & Aparangi):

Aparangi continued to listen to the bartender has he recounted - in all the colourful descriptions tree-speak enabled him to give- the coup in Ko-Wahi. How former Makuta servants had taken over the village of ice, then taken hostages as insurance, exiled the rest of the population under a hail of gunfire and converted Ko-Koro into their new fortress. Constant guards, perimeter patrols and a whole lot of mercenaries inclusive.

"There's talk about what should be done." the bartender concluded his tale. "But if some plan is in motion, I haven't heard anything. Probably better that way. If I heard anything, I'd quick-bet my month-earnings on those villains knowing about it too. Karz, you could be one of them and I might spill the beans."

Aparangi smirked. "Yes. It probably is better that way. Thank you for the information, friend. I see now that the oath across the mountains is not a wise route to travel by these days."

The dark Toa remained at the bar for a little longer, easing out of the conversation with other smalltalk. If he suddenly left it would only make it apparent that he'd heard all he needed. Not very fitting with the role he was playing right now.

-----

Rewera raised both eyebrows in mild surprise. "Oh? Well, I guess we won't be able to judge that until we have traded stories."

"So tell me, what is yours? I'm all ears."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Orderin, Le-Koro):

Returning to the dimly lit bar, Orderin slid in to a booth, and motioned for Poraku to sit across from him. He placed his things on the bench beside him, and called to the bartender for a drink.

He then sat back in the bench, watching Poraku. The Matoran seemed a little naive, perhaps, but nice enough, with his heart in the right place.

"So, friend Matoran, what bid you to wander here, so far from Po-Koro's sandy reaches, in these dark times?"

Edited by Falcon Lord

My BZPRPG Profiles

IC: *Poraku takes a drink, and takes a large swig. He smiles at the Le-Toa. He face suddenly turns serious, and he lowers his voice.*

"In all truth, these dark times have reached the confines of Po-Koro. You can not trust anyone. Many of my childhood friends have been killed by Piraka. So, I have come to Le-Koro. I hear the confines of the forests can protect most."

OOC: Okay, in all honesty, I'm not really sure what 'The Dark Times' are, can anyone care to elaborate?

IC (Orderin, Le-Koro):

Orderin's expression darkened, it seemed things had become even worse than before, while he had been away.

"These are sad times. Mayhap once, these forests could protect those who dwelled within, but I fear that now, in light of recent events, the darkness has reached even here."

He sat for a moment in silence, and sighed,

"Still, let us not speak of such dark things. Let us drink, and be merry, if only for a little while."

OOC: Akiri Matoro's assassination, and, subsequently, Ko-Koro being taken over by The Legacy, in league with The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an, is a large part of all of the recent dark happenings, but things had being going downhill for a while before that.

Edited by Falcon Lord

My BZPRPG Profiles

IC: *Poraku downs his drink, and slams his drink on the table.*

"Thank you for the drink, my friend. Le-Koro has the best, I've been told, and so the rumors are true. Again, I say, m many thanks."

*Poraku politely bows, and begins to exit the bar, when the doorway of the bar caves in.*

"What is THAT?!" Poraku shouts.

OOC: Thanks for the explanation. On a side note, I'm sad that Matoro still ended up dying...

And this ending is meant to purely be interpretated. What is in the doorway?

Vantul turned around and sat back at his desk, and began the completion of the spear.

As Kean walked from the room and sat down in the tiny chair in the front, Vantul thought, He doesn't trust me. I wonder why.

Vantul stood up and handed the spear to Kantok. While he stood in front of the silver Toa he called to the front room, "I just finished! How did everything go? Any customers?"

OOC: It's not that he doesn't trust him, he's just disappointed at how boring the task Vantul wanted him to do is.
Also, I think saying he walked into the room without me saying he did is...not OK? But I may be wrong.

​IC: (Kaen)

"No, just a lotta birds. And boredom."

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC (Orderin, Le-Koro):

Orderin stood quickly, turning to the door, and reflexively settling in to a fighting stance.

The door hung loosely from its frame, nearly torn off the hinges. Standing in the middle was a tall Skakdi, heavily muscled. Based on the look of her eyes and gait, Orderin guessed she was heavily intoxicated.

He began to offer the Skakdi a chance to stand down, but was cut short by her rushing towards him, bellowing something intelligible. Just as she reached him, he shifted his weight slightly, and hurled her back into one of the bar booths.

He turned back to Poraku, and the few other patrons of the bar, "Somebody might want to call the guards, and arrest this Skakdi."

My BZPRPG Profiles

IC: *Poraku nods.*

"Yes, probably."

*Poraku shouts an order at a patron, who bolts out of the door to look for help. As the patron escapes, the Skakdi howls and skewers the bartender to the wall. Poraku cringes before vaulting out of the way of another swing. Poraku garbs his sword and stabs at the Skakdi's arm. She howls.*

"The one day I forgot to bring my Kanoka launcher..."

*As he says this, the Skakdi's arm hits Poraku in the gut and sends him into the wall. Poraku thinks...how could this heavily intoxicated of a Skakdi have such good reflexes. He calls to Orderin, who is currently battling the creature.*

"Do you believe it is a coincidence that this Skakdi arrives just after we were discussing the Dark Times?"

IC (Orderin, Le-Koro):

Orderin rushed the Skakdi, first tackling her against a wall, and then pinning her arm behind her back, and doing his best to hold her there.

As he wrestled with the Skakdi, he glanced at Poraku, "It's either an inconvenient coincidence, or some divine being is having a good laugh at our expense."

My BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Wonderful. I just love when some higher being messes with us lesser robots."

*Using the opening given to him by Orderin, Poraku uses all his Po-Matoran strength, jumps at the Skakdi, and kicks her a good one in the face, knocking her unconscious. She falls to the ground in a heap. Just before the auhorities arrived, Poraku glanced around the destroyed bar. Walls were broken in, tables were turned to splinters, and the bartender himself hung limply from the far wall, skewered by the Skakdi's sword.*

"Okay. That was not good." *Poraku turns to Orderin* "Thank yo for helping me battle the beast, Toa of Air. You could have very well left when the Skakdi arrived. You are a true Toa."

IC (Orderin, Le-Koro):

He stepped carefully over to the bartender, and removed the blade pinning him to the wall, helping him down. Then, he sat down on the wreck of a table, and massaged his old knee injury, the fight having aggravated it.

He smiled at the Matoran, "Thanks to you as well, that was a well placed hit." He stood again, and gathered his things, "I should take my leave. The guards will want to ask questions, and take a statement, and I have places to be."

He slung his rucksack over his shoulder, and stepped towards the door, but hesitated for a moment, turning back to Poraku, "Mayhap our paths will cross again, one day, my friend. Until that day, I bid you farewell."

My BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Kantok

Hearing a loud crash Kantok began to make his way towards the sound shouting "Kaen did you here that? Come on!" He runs toward the sound weaving his way through the tree tops he makes his way into the destroyed bar holding his spear at the ready, only to see guards holding an unconscious skakdi that was being taken away. He saw one Po-Matoran holding a sword and asked him: "What happened here? I assume it was the skakdi."

OOC: I'm a wee bit late.

IC: (To Kantok)

*Poraku notices several people running in. One asks what happens.*

"It most certainly was Skakdi. A female. Me and a Toa of Air took him down. She, the Skakdi, seemed a bit intoxicated. She skewered the bartender." Poraku says as he sheaths his sword.

"Now, I am going to try and find out caused her to go on a rampage, and I might need traveling companions, some people to help me find where to start. Care to join me?"

IC (Rewera & Aparangi):

IC: Kythera

Kythera gave a shrug, she wasn't really in the habit of spilling out her life story to any unfortunate soul around who wasn't deaf, but then again, she wasn't really in the habit of sitting down to talk to someone. An exception could be made, she had a feeling it might be worth it.

"I suppose I'm what you could call an assassin, not much to it. Well..." she paused for a moment, going over a sudden realization, "not so much anymore. Haven't really done much... assassining... as of late. Got kinda busy with this huge "battling the forces of shadow" movement on this island."

"was an assassin though, back in Xa-Koro. There weren't really a ton of options when it came to finding a place to quote unquote settle down for foreigners back then. Daily attacks on the other Koros by those crazy Dark God people were just another fact of life, and everyone was on edge enough. Not to mention the fact that my kind has the unfortunate tendency to get real comfortable with the side that's probably going to come out on top, with touchy subjects like morals becoming the smaller of the issues. Needless to say, I wasn't exactly welcome anywhere else, and one doesn't exactly start up a sea shell necklace business to make a living in Xa." Past tense for the sunken village was still kinda awkward for her to work with. Never really had many islands sink beneath the ocean before. "Hunting was a way to survive over there, a profitable way too."

The vortixx took a moment to collect herself, absently tracing the weathered grain of the timber table surface with a taloned finger as she thought.

"Thing was, I really was just surviving. The endgame for someone like me wasn't really that bright in Xa. Eventually you fall in with the wrong group, make enemies with some crime lord, or just happen to get a job to off the lifelong friend of the best swordsman around- well, you get the picture. So I bailed, and tried my luck with the mainland."

"I got lucky with Po-Koro, unfortunately for them and fortunately for me, they'd been hit the hardest by the Makuta cultists and weren't really up to snuff when it came to Guard manpower. The pay was good, and the mortality rate with the work wasn't nearly as bad as my uh, last occupation. Did that for a while, honestly I might technically still be employed there, before falling in with a few others."

"Made our way to Le-Koro and met up with the ILS, er, ILF. Guess I had a thing for hopeless odds against insurmountable forces and all that. The rest is history. And a lot of sitting around in the jungle."

But at least the view was nice.

Kythera propped her chin up on her hands, lacing her fingers together. "Alright your turn."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Vantul watched the two Toa disappear down the street, and sighed. Technically, since they had paid him back, business was over. But he was lonely. Doesn't really seem like there is much business today... Vantul closed the shop and headed down the road to the bar. He deserved a drink.

Oh. What happened. Vantul walked in, only to see Kantok and Kaen talking to a Po-Matoran. I guess this is where the... noises happened. What happened? Vantul turned to leave, wishing he had gotten some of the action. Or at least a drink.

"Sure I'll come, finally something to do. What's your name?" Notices Vantul leaving. "Vantul come here." Turns back to the Po-Matroan "This one would be handy to have on the trip, he is very good with machinery he built my spear see." Holds out spear.

Edited by commanderfarsight

"Umm... Yes, mister... ah, well, I still don't know your name." The Le-Matoran turned and smiled at the Po-Matoran. Holding out his hand, he began, "I'm Vantul, what's your name?"

Edited by Lalajujunini

IC: *Poraku shakes Vantul's hand*

"Hello, Vantul. I am Poraku. I'm guessing you heard noises? A Piraka attacked this bar. Me and this Kantok fellow are going to investigate why the Piraka attacked here, and he tells me you could be useful. Would you like to join this adventure?"

*Turns to Kantok, letting Vantul think it over.*

"Where do you think we should start the investigation?

Edited by ToaPoraku

IC (Rewera & Aparangi):

Rewera smiled slightly and understanding. She could relate. But she had also noticed the slight hesitation when Kythera had started her story. She also wasn't used to talking to others about her past, especially outside of her team. But she had heard her opposite's story, so it was only fair. But just to be sure, she exchanged a quick glance with Aparangi who was finishing up his conversation at the bar. He nodded subtly.

"Well then, it seems we've got some common ground. For a start: We both hail from islands that don't exist anymore. For another, I doubt your run of the mill Toa would not approve of our lines of work. Truth be told, we're Toa in name only at best, we don't deserve the title anymore. Now we're just Aitua - Ghosts."

Aparangi walked back over to the table, looking at them. "I got what we wanted. Just need that map now. Walk and talk?"

Rewera nodded and placed a few wigets on the table to cover the tab. "Sure. Kythera?"

They got up and made their way back outside into the crowded suspended walkways. While keeping an eye out for a suitable shop to find a map, Rewera continued: "Home was a crescent moon shaped island far away from here. Harsh land compared to here, but life was good. Then one day everything goes to Karzhani. People start disappearing and just as we find the ones responsible out island sinks, broken by earthquakes and swallowed by the ocean. Only we and a handful of others survive. And those responsible for our current state and the loss of our people."

Rewera sighed, as she skipped several details that were hard to explain without sounding like she was mental. It was a difficult topic, not just because of the old wounds she was picking at, but also the craziness that had followed.

"We've been hunting them ever since, but they seem to be one step ahead all the time, slipping away just when we get close again. We've chased them to places I don't even remember anymore. But now they are here. They've kidnapped one of my team and...that's it, that's when we met in Pala Koro."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"Great. We will begin our investigation immediately. Vantul, you stay here until you've decided. Then follow us."

*Poraku leads Kantok out of the desicimated bar and out onto the streets, heading towards the outer edge of Le-Koro. By the road, there is a small, battered and scorched hut, with the claw marks of a Piraka encircling the outside.*

"So, Kantok, shall we look inside?

Vantul ran home, gathered up a few tools and things in his pack, grabbed his knife and an old bottle of Stralix powder off the shelf. If I'm going on an adventure, I might need these. Though I'm probably along just to fix that Toa of Sonic's weapon if it breaks. I wonder if this Stralix powder still even works?

He headed off in the direction he had seen Poraku going in.

He jogged up and seeing the two others disappear inside, followed them into the hut.

Kantok went into the hut. Out side he heard Poraku talking and assumed Vantul had come. "What happened here?" he said to himself. There were claw marks everywhere on the inside as well as the outside and the back of the hut had been blown out by something. Kantok said "probably was a skakdi of fire...and if it was using its elemental powers that means...there was another skakdi somewhere nearby or in the village. Kantok rushed out of the hut and said "It looks like the skakdi was using his elemental problems...so there must be another one!" As he said this there was a loud crash coming from where they had come from. Kantok took off running. He came to the source of the sound and it was the wrecked remains of the shop next to Vantul's. He looked around then heard a snarl and turned around to see a white skakdi which he assumed was ice. It charged at him and Kantok rose his spear and impaled it on the spear. As it died it caught him a glancing blow knocking his mask off. Kantok groped around but could not find it. He began to panic "WHERE IS MY MASK?" He yelled.

IC: *Poraku chased after Kantok, and as Kantok's mask came flying off, Poraku leaped up and caught it. He gave the mask back to Kantok.*

"You don't want to lose your mask, friend."

*Poraku looked over the body of the dead Skakdi, and noticed some sort of marking on it; it was in the shape of Mata Nui, but a Skakdi's face was over the island.*

"Kantok, you might want to see this."

IC: *Poraku nods*

"Let's go."

*Poraku and Kantok head back over to the Skakdi's hut. Poraku let's Kantok look inside, while Poraku investigates the outside. There's nothing around the front, but on the back...*

"what's this?"

*Poraku picks up a Piraka blade...with the same logo on it.*

"Hmmm...."

OOC: What ways are there for a Matoran to become a Toa? Y'know, other than the Red Star. No reason...okay, there is a reason...let's just say I want Matoran Poraku to match my username.

Edited by ToaPoraku

Kantok walks through the hole in the back of the hut with a matching blade with same crest. "I found this" Kantok spins the sword around and almost hits Poraku in the face. "whoops sorry!"

OOC: A to a stone would do it, but you'd have too find a to a to give you one. (you might have trouble because if one gives you a to a stone you become a turaga.

Edited by commanderfarsight