Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Voutok (Ga-Koro; En route to Marine HQ)Voutok looked curiously at the device, holding it in his right hand but being careful to try and keep his fingers away from the trigger. "Agreed." he said as he examined the design. For one he didn't want to accidentally set the weapon off in a setting like this (a lot more disastrous occurrences would happen than simply shooting a crossbow bolt into the eye of a mounted shark this time), for another he didn't want to accidentally trigger another vision.The rhotuka launcher was definitely a Vortixx design, and the feeling of cold steel was peculiarly an oddly familiar sensation. However, for whatever the reason, no vision sensations were experienced. It almost startled Voutok."Perhaps it's not so random after all, or at least there's a reason for every vision...maybe it's...something inside me trying to tell me something...or maybe it has something to do with touching the weapons a certain way...or I'm just over-thinking things..."Almost on cue, there was a flash before his eyes. It only lasted a second, and Voutok had little reaction aside from giving a look of puzzlement. An image from his previous vision appeared in front of his eyes during that second: the Ta-Matoran. The miniature crossbow he was cleaning with a rag was replaced with a less hazy (but still not perfectly clear) weapon akin to the one-handed weapon that Lenat just handed to him. Voutok still wasn't sure what exactly that meant, but it did answer one question:"These visions are progressive...assuming this is proof of that theory, then that means all these visions I've had...I guess this means they'll 'evolve' more clearly when I encounter things that resemble what's in them? Regardless, I still have another more pressing question: what the karz warrants the visions to begin with?"Voutok handed the launcher back to Lenat. "Interesting craftsmanship, Lenat. I assume a Vortixx design? I do recall rhotuka launchers being of Vortixxan origin. Sounds like a comfortable choice for people like you, let alone an effective one if you ever had to use it in a battle." "Wait, what? How did I know that? I haven't checked the 'Rs' in the encyclopedia yet...let alone the 'Vs'...uh oh. Don't-think-about-it-don't-think-about-it-don't-think-about-it..."Voutok looked ahead to see a building he somewhat recognized from his time in Ga-Koro. Eager to get his mind off of a subject that could have very well turned into another vision, he addressed the company as a whole. "Is that the Marine HQ over there?" he asked.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

IC: Veros

"That might've been what I was thinking of. Though I could've sworn there was a Whirlpool Inn, at least I think there was." I shrugged and continued walking, glancing around for a place to stay. "So long as there's a place for us to sleep. Probably just for the night. We can head out somewhere else tomorrow."

Crimeia tapped me on the shoulder. "And where do you propose we go to first, Captain?" she quipped.

"I'm not quite sure myself..."

harlock-resizedagain_zps28810351.jpg

Under this flag, I fly in freedom. A space pirate, sailing the sea of stars.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

Rhow was about to chime into the banter Viloz and Taoki were about to engage in when she noticed something else going on around them.

"Viloz, look." she said. The other Skakdi in the horde heard her words as well and saw what she meant. The Matoran looked sad, alright, but more than that, the village seemed awfully quiet as well. Rhow remembered the last time she had been here. Ga-Koro had been a happy place. There had been no darkness here. The shadows were hiding in the deep forests on the land, or in Onu-Wahi's caves. But here? Despite all the constant and often violent disruptions, the shadows had had little to no power in the village of water itself. That had changed it seemed. And it could be felt especially now. Shops were closed, windows were draped and the Matoran they saw were all moving in the same direction, towards the villages center. Something was happening.

"Okay...this is interesting." Rhow said, then glanced at Viloz and Iraanus. "We better take a look."

"Why? We're not Toa. We just need to talk to the Turaga's right hand or someone and then leave." Sookus commented.

"Well, maybe because the whole village seems to be going somewhere and where-ever they're going, the ones in charge will be there, too." Kahlynn cut in.

Sookus shrugged. "Alright. Let's go."

The horde followed the Matoran. The further to the center of the village they got, the more Matoran joined the crowd and as they reached it, the Skakdi realized what was going on. Rhow sighed. "The Turaga's funeral." she mumbled, quietly.

"It looks like we will have to wait." Iraanus said. Rhow nodded. They moved through the crowd, space opening up before them with ease, after all, blocking the path of eight Skakdi was not on the Matoran's mind right now. After a few seconds they found a good spot underneath a marquee of a hut sitting at the edge of the plaza and watched.

------------------------------------------

Across from the horde, on the other side of the crowd, another group stood and watched the procession, the Toa arriving to carry the coffin. Rewera's yellow eyes glowed behind the features of her mask, obscured by the shade of her hood, as she stood with her arms crossed. Next to her was Ravage, who stodd unusually straight in an effort to appear casual. And behind the two of them stood Kehua. Though 'towering over them' was a more appropriate description. The chains of his meteor-hammers jingled softly as he shifted his balance. He also had his hood drawn up, his emerald eyes shifting, from looking at the procession to glancing down to his companions.

"I don't like it." Rewera said, almost whispering.

"Uh-huh." Kehua hummed in agreement. "The shadows are shifting."

Rewera nodded. It was true. That extra sense she and her brother shared was rather clear about that. Before, they had felt that the darkness was ever-present on the whole island. In some place more than in others. But always relatively constant. Right now though, they were in uproar. They just didn't know if it was the Makuta himself, something the conspirators on the Island did or maybe the forces of light that caused this disturbance. Rewera felt they would know soon enough, but right now, they had a mission. The people of the island could not fight a battle on two fronts. Especially if that second front was opened from within their society. They would not be able to fight Makuta without the three virtues. They needed unity. And that meant finding the ones behind Pala-Koro, behind the Kumu Islets and the death of the Turaga.

Kehua nudged her in the back slightly and leaned forward until his head was on a level with hers and Ravage's.

"Hmm?"

The large Toa nodded in the direction of the coffin. "Who are the pallbearers?"

"The Arete." Ravage answered. Rewera nodded slightly. "They've popped up and kept the village relatively quiet since Nokama was first abducted."

"And that makes them the last guard for the Turaga instead of the Matoran?" Kehua asked. "Where is her aide, uh..."

"Hahli." Ravage said, shortly.

Kehua nodded a quick thanks to him. "Isn't that odd?""Never said it wasn't." Rewera said. "But they've done nothing wrong as far as I know and they run this village tight."

"How tight?" Kehua asked.

"Pretty tight."

"Too tight?" he pressed on. "Last time you were here, what did you think?"

Rewera sighed. It was true. Comparing he arrival to the island here, the trip back with Ravage and now...things had changed. "If you were looking for a way to bring down the mood even further, I think you just found it." she said to her brother. "So, eyes on everybody now it is."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Zacax The Toa decided to go take a walk, around the market, he might find some more supplies. He got up and pulled out a sign that said in Matoran, Out for supplies, and walked away from his shop to go see if some shop had some ores and metals.((Zacax: Open for interaction))

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:

Truly, it was a day of mourning for poor Ga-Koro; the village was now bereft of Nokama and Hahli, its two most familiar and inviting faces. Matoran and Toa along every street wailed and moaned and collapsed into each other's arms. The seas themselves seemed distant, pensive, melancholy for the occasion; the skies had adopted a pallid grey attire specifically for the funeral. At the center of it all were the Toa Arete, the heroes who had done their damnedest to provide for Ga-Koro since the day they had arrived. Strapping Ketan, brave Decaia, noble Venedico, and the lovely Kynaera were already gathered: the powerful Ta was still nowhere to be seen, and the unassuming Baruk was nowhere to be seen, but Ga-Koro was not bothered overly by these absences.

The alluring avenger that was the Valkyr, Anthyn, hadn't arrived yet either, and it was this that bothered the Toa of Plasma perched like a robin, innocent in her enthusiasm but off-putting in her casualness as she turned to Aexias, who had a more thoughtful look on her face as she watched the proceedings begin to unfold. The Skakdi had been oddly silent lately, but that was okay; Anyanka hadn't felt like talking about much for once, either.

"I was hoping Anthyn would be here when we found our seats," the somnambulist pouted. "But it's whatev. More bisque?"

Aexias nodded with a small smile and Anyanka happily scooped up a couple servings of soup for the Skakdi and handed it back over; she took a second to admire her handiwork on the roof. There were blankets laid out as cushions for the two girls - a contingency plan, in case it got cold - and in between them was a fire pit kept slow-burning by an occasional exercise in Anyanka's elemental powers. Had it not been for her swordfighting companion's careful protests, Anyanka probably would have pitched a tent on the roof. But alas.

"What about you? More bisque? It has honeyyyy!"

A muffled cry was Anyanka's only response, and the Toa of Plasma rolled her eyes in disgust before spinning around and staring, cross legged, wide-eyed, at the vendor tied up and gagged against a barrel a foot and a half behind them.. The mercenary huffed; the man whimpered.

"I'll take that as a yes anyway," she said, bright and cheerful again after a second, as she filled a ladle with boiling hot soup and flicked it against the man's face.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:There was a long pause, in which Ravage stared at the unfolding scene. Unexpectedly, he activated his Volitak, all but vanishing from view. He didn't move, however, instead remaining exactly where he was.

"The winged one." He said quietly, an undercurrent of anger coloring his voice. "That one I know. She's not a species native to this island, nor is she a naturally occurring one. They're called Valkyr. I've seen exactly one in my entire time on this island, and I'm certain this one and the one I met are the same.""She came into this world by stealing the souls of seven Toa."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Nika - Rooftops "I'm not aware of any law that prohibits a being from sitting on a rooftop," Nika replied lazily, "Matoran should do it more often - then they'd stop complaining whenever I stand in front of them."

IC: Kotaran ~

"That's no excuse," the marine returned. "We dun take kindly to heavily armed beings prancing about where they may be causing trouble, now 'specially."

IC: Nika - Rooftops

In a startling change from his previously apathetic demeanour, Nika suddenly swung his legs over on the roof so that he was staring directly at the Matoran. His eyes drove into Kotaran's soul like two leaf-green bayonets, and the if the Guard were to look even closer, he'd see the smallest traces of a smirk on the Vortixx's face.

"Is that not a longsword strapped to your side?" the assassin questioned, "Are those not the eyes of a fighter I see? You see me as a threat to your people, but by your own words, you are as dangerous as I am."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: [Ga-Koro; Marine HQ]

The quartet had been walking sometime before they finally reached the Marine HQ. The trip to the docks had sent them to the edge of Ga-Koro and now they had to go all the way back to the center of the village. Whilst walking, each member of the group had been in their own brisk thoughts. Their thoughts were stirred however when Voutok suddenly spoke up, “Is that the Marine HQ over there?” He asked pointing directly at a large building that Firion and Virin knew too well. The Marine HQ was a proud symbol of the village, a symbol for the protection and hope that the marines of the village inspired. The Marine HQ in truth was a gigantic hut made from mud and leaves, but it was so impressively built that it appeared to be the labor of architectural genius. Soundly construct, leaves covered the tops and sides of the HQ, a single door leading into the building. Firion led the way and the group slid inside the HQ soon after.

The inside of the place was a little more furnished then the outside suggested. Long hallways stretched on the sides, leading to other rooms, one of which was a war room for meetings that involved the higher-ups. The bright smile of a receptionist was the first thing that they saw when they walked in. “Hello, Firion. I was beginning to worry that you’d forgotten about me.” She said jokingly. A smirk formed on the short Matoran’s normally plain face and he gave her a little curt nod.

“Never.” He said and that caused the receptionist to chuckle a little. She then shook her head and her eyes scanned over to Firion’s company; a tall and noble-looking warrior, an even taller Vortixx being, and a mousy looking De-Matoran. The look on her face made it clear what she was thinking. Who the heck were these guys? “This is Virin, Voutok, and Lenat,” He said respectively. “They’ve become rather friendly in no time and are interested in doing work for the marines. Maybe even joining…” He trailed off, allowing his companions to speak up if they wished to do so now.

character_37075_f.jpg

IC: The Dog

IC: Labelle

Labelle absolutely couldn't believe what the Dog was telling her. Emotia... dead? That was impossible. Labelle had seen her, remembered how strong she had been with her Mark of Excitement, how the very thought of someone overpowering her and killing her was absurd.

And Emotia had been a friend. A good friend, despite all the trouble she, Laballe, had caused her.

Maybe the Dog was lying? Yes, that must be it. Emotia can't be dead, not her, she just got married not long ago for goodness sake.... But the house has burned down.

Labelle turned her head back to Casa Juturna, the flames dying down leaving only smolders behind.

But Emotia hasn't come back, and neither has Dorian. They would have heard about the fire, returned to put it out, handle all the affairs. Oh, Mata Nui, maybe the Dog is right?!?

It's all my fault. I shouldn't have been running around, hurting those innocent people. I could have been here and protected Emotia. I should have been. Why wasn't I here?

A pang of hunger hit Labelle's stomach, and the shadow of a headache began to assault her head. She raised her hands and massaged her temples, trying to drive out the Hunger again.

That's why. This cursed hunger I've been left with. If I'd still had my Mark I wouldn't have been skulking around Ga-Koro, I could've been with my friends. I could have been strong enough to make sure no one hurt them. And once I get my Mark back, I won't let anyone hurt any of my friends ever again. If anything, I'll be hurting people.

Labelle's face, which had had a mixed expression of fear and anger turned to pleasure as she began to think of ways she would feed her Mark of Sadism once she recovered it. She would make people squirm and hurt, and she would be so strong no one would dare lay a finger on her or any of her other friends. As she plotted the Hunger subsided, taking with it the stomach pains and the headache.

She looked back at the Dog. With the Hunger gone for now, Labelle was back to her usual, friendly and girlish self.

"It's ok. I... I'll worry about it later." She gulped. "Right now we have work to do. What was it you needed again?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

OOC: FOr future game-reference, please refer to Ishi as "Hapaka". :) Thanks! (Yes, I just changed that.)

IC: Hapaka

The mental jumps Labelle was making was a candy store for Ishi. Every emotion flew across her face unguarded, un-maligned by a liar's practice, an open book for Ishi to read and gauge. When she finally spoke, Ishi already knew the words. The distrust, bluff, double bluff, insecurity, stretched neck, and subtle flashes of fear and cruelty were the key to the words. In his mind a floating collection of matoran words were highlighted and wrenched from the wall of legends in Ta-koro to float in a bardo of rational picture thought: "How can I help?"

"What was it you needed again?" Labelle asked, a smile playing across a face that moments before had been a flashing sequence of codes to the tutored. Okay, not perfect, Ishi thought, but it's getting there. A few more decades maybe and I'll be able to do this right. She rose and began to walk along the beach, allowing Ishi to see her full form for the first time unmarred by the blemishes of being a sadist. To anyone else, it would have been riveting. All the blue and orange eyes of the po-matoran saw, however, was previous injuries in how she walked and favored parts of herself. She leans too far thata' ways, he commented for himself, noting the slight difference in length between her left and right legs. Even a fraction makes a difference.

"I want you to take me to Dorian Shaddix, after you help me solve this, erm, homocide," Ishi stated, biting his lip slightly to stop himself from saying game. That's what it was to him anyways: a game of minds. A genius masked in fikou webs lay at the heart of the Ga-koro power shift, the mark-bearers, and even of the destruction of Pala-koro and raid on Le-, a piece of information gained from a traveler from the damaged village by the lake.

Edited by Riaril

IC: Voutok (Ga-Koro Marines HQ)"Hm...joining the marines, eh?"Voutok glanced around at the building. The exterior being leaves and mud did not to the interior justice. Voutok was rather impressed at the level of detail they were able to deliver with leaves and mud on the outside despite the decor of the inside."Whatever Ga-Matoran built this must have been one karz of an architect..."He looked around a bit more, observing the surroundings. He was tempted to turn the noise suppression of his headset down so he could hear more of the activity in the building, but quickly decided against it, thinking he might eaves drop on something that would be better left unheard."So I'd basically get to walk around the Wahi in uniform, keep the place in order, suppress riots like last night, and take down threats like the Turaga's assassin, all under legal authority, and I'll get paid for it. Sounds like a good idea to me.""Yes, Firion is correct, ma'am. I would be interested in learning more about the recruitment process for the Marines. I'm more than capable in combat, definitely have a clean record, and possess a desire to serve to keep the peace in order."Voutok gave a slight smirk. Hardly noticeable unless someone was looking for it. However, something about what he just said was...deja vu. He didn't keep his mind on that subject, though. The last thing he needed was to have another vision become added to a first impression.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

IC:

"I want you to take me to Dorian Shaddix, after you help me solve this, erm, homocide."

"I'd love to, I really would, but I have no idea where Dorian even is right now. For all I know he's died since the battle at the Mark Temple. "

Suddenly an idea sprang into Labelle's mind. She almost shouted in delight, but managed to stop herself. The Dog would probably just think the near sudden outburst had to do with mourning her friend.

Labelle had decided not to name the deceased Toa of Water, not even when she was thinking. She found it too difficult, and too depressing. Besides, she had a plan now that would make up for her failing that Toa. A good plan.

"But maybe he didn't, and maybe he really did do this" Labelle told the Dog, gesturing to the burnt down Casa. "You see, I'm pretty a Mark Bearer, or a former Mark Bearer, is the one that killed my friend and burnt her house to the ground."

ooc: Not sure if you looked at Labelle's profile lately, but she's no longer disfigured in any way. You can chalk up Hapaka's observations to Labelle using her Kanohi of Shapeshifting if you'd like, though.

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: [Ga-Koro: Marine HQ]

“Oh yes!” The receptionist suddenly exclaimed, jumping a little in her wooden chair which alarmed the group. Firion raised an eyebrow at the woman’s strange behavior and the Ga-Matoran smiled warmly, “New recruits are always appreciated… I assume your friends are interested in joining too?” She asked, her eyes wavering over to Virin’s form, scanning him from head to toe, apparently noticing his impressive height. Her attention was not unnoticed by Virin who stood rigid as a rock, obviously uncomfortable. A nudge in the side of his armor by Firion broke him out of his trance and he took a step forward, coughing.

“Yes, I’d be honored to defend the village as a true champion.” He told her, tightening his grip on the golden trident in his hand. The receptionist shivered a little and her eyes intensified.

“Well, we always have a place for champions. Well, at least I do.” She told Virin suggestively. “However, if you guys are really interested in joining, I can’t exactly just hand you the badge myself. Normally the recruitment process is done simply by the village leader deputizing someone if they fit the requirements. But since Turaga Nokama is currently dead after being murdered by some Skakdi, the current village leaders will have to do so… Ketan, Leader of the Toa Arete.” She told them. “I’m pretty sure you have heard of him?”

Virin gritted his teeth upon hearing that name. “Yes, I’m well acquainted with him…”

character_37075_f.jpg

IC: Voutok (Ga-Koro Marine HQ)"Oh I've heard of him as well.""Great. I get to walk up the leader of the suspicious Toa team that has Firion uneasy and say 'Hiya, boss. Can I join the marines?' Voutok let off a mental sigh. "Well, beggars can't be choosers, I suppose..."He turned to the receptionist with a sort of agreeable smile. "Where would we find him, if I may ask?"Voutok didn't think much of it, but he noticed Lenat hadn't said much since he handed him back the Rhotuka launcher. Perhaps he was in thought or something. Voutok certainly "knew the feeling".OOC: Methinks things are going to get interesting in a moment...

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."

IC: [Ga-Koro; Marine HQ]

The receptionist chuckled a little at Voutok’s words which were apparently amusing to the odd little Ga-Matoran. “Oh, you don’t know? I figured everybody in the village would be there… The funeral for Turaga Nokama is being held, silly! That’s where Mr. Ketan is.” She told him and then when she realized that she was receiving odd looks from all four men, she rubbed her thumbs together and says, “Not that that’s funny at all…”

Firion’s eyes narrowed and he mutters, “Uh, well I guess we know where to head then.”

character_37075_f.jpg

IC: Voutok (Ga-Koro Marine HQ)"Indeed." The De-Matoran replied. "Luckily, if I recall, Nokama's hut isn't too far from here. Assuming the procession hasn't left yet...and that the crowds aren't too thick..." Voutok's eyes darted between Lenat and Virin before giving off a slight plotting smile "Well, then I guess it's a good thing we have a Toa and a Vortixx in our company, should we run into a situation like that, eh? Well, if there's nothing else we need then let's head on out. I mean, we might as well watch the procession. Wouldn't look good for Marine-recruits-to-be to miss such a significant event, right?"

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."

Kriigata’s swift body sprinted south through the underbrush, of fern and prickly briar crunching underheel with every step. Taking each obstacle in stride, she vaulted over a downed trunk, as if sitting in the air, pushing off with her hands to accelerate on her return to earth. Breathing came calmly into her body through the nose with a salty tang, testiment to the closeness of the ocean to the East. As the greenery past, Kriigata recollected on the memories she’d gained.

Me, a sailor? Pff. So that’s where I learned my letters and language. No wonder Verth though I was a trash-talker...

Her heartlight was steady, hips shifting as she bounced on the balls of her feet across a series of boulders in an attempt to confuse the homing missile silently gaining ground. Through the flash of passing coastal foliage Kriigata caught the glimpse of orange keeping pace off to the left. The image disappeared temporarily as she ran through a loosely populated bamboo grove.

“Kroxen,” Kriigata chuckled in coarse skakdi and pumped her arms harder, feeling the air break against her body in exhilaration. Waiting like a fikou for victims to float by while living in the grotto had its security, but security wasn’t what Kriigata craved. The hot, musty air and cool sea breeze. The rapid exhertion of energy in a trial of destiny. The freedom to remember her past. Here, in the wild regions of the island, she could feed her cravings freely. Kriigata had left the Northern Grotto for now, along with those memories she would never record.

A feral roar rent the speeding wind as the Muaka gained lead, cut into Kriigata’s path, and pounced in a single action smoother than the ocean on a windless day. Kriigata lept into the air as the cat’s haunches tensed, her body twisting and stretching outwards to avoid the savage claws flashing past. A palm tree reoriented Kriigata’s direction as she flagpoled around its trunk, landing in a handstand that flowed into a roll. Then she was off, rigging knife gripped tightly in hand. Unabated, the Rahi gave pursuit. Birds burst from shrubs and low-lying branches in raucous protestation. Kriigata could feel the cold burn of her thighs as they reached a tipping point. Now or nilch, She thought, and threw her blade. The knife sunk deep into the heartwood of an upcoming palm as a boost up, and with a quick leap Kriigata climbed into the branches in a blur of blue and rustling fronds. Perched on top of the slowly bending plant, Kriigata unslung and readied her next form of attack. The wood hilt locked together quickly, the valves rotating into the mechansim for the blade with a puff of air and a dull *click*. Things were about to get... Messy, Kriigata noted with a wicked glint of sunshine on sharpened steel.

Down on the ground the Muaka stopped and growled, its teeth bared at her quarry’s defiance of fate. Two could play this game. Standing on her rear-legs, she gripped the palm with her forepaws and flexed, shattering the trunk in a blast of splinters and dense debris.

“GRRRAAAAAR!”

The Muaka let loose one more call of challenge as Kriigata fell into view, a dark spot against the yellow sun. Then they began the final dance. Kriigata skipped around the first blows. They were wild, uncontrolled, and easily outpaced.

“Is this the best you’ve got?” Kriigata jeered and swung her scythe, but her enemy bat it aside like one would a fly. These were the final throws in a dice game of fate. Kriigata figured she had a loaded game. Each moment dragged past, seconds feeling like minutes, minutes like hours. Kriigata felt the first gash giddily, taking the thin cut across her brow as she returned the favor, valves cocking back in a hiss of releasing tension as the scythe-blade laid flat against the stave. The wound bit deeply into the metallic skin of her feline foe and sprayed outwards in an arc of silver. Her bliss was short lived when the claws finally found their mark across her chest. Kriigata tried to dodge, but her body disobied and endured for a mere moment of time.

“Raxvit kur*,” Kriigata swore in skakdi as she instinvely gripped the wound, letting the cononants fuel her pain into the momentum to rise from her knees. Light cuts, Kriigata thought with menace, Only scratches. Sensing an opportunity, the Muaka lunged forwards, teeth glinting in her maw. Kriigata lept, rolling off the rahi’s back as the muaka’s mouth snapped around an after image. She landed on a knee and let her scythe reap behind, stave stopping against her back. Kriigata spun to access the damage and return her face to the fray, noting the silver trace of a countdown timer across the Muaka’s left haunch.

“But that’s not enough, is it,” She said, feeling the excitement of bloodlust pound through her veins as she bared her tattooed teeth with savagery and breathed through the pain. Smoothly shifting the grip on her weapon to a reverse position, her knees sunk in preparation for the final blow. There was a pause as the two creatures stared deep into each other’s eyes. Breath came heavily from both, the supply of air battled for by their lungs. It was end game.

Kriigata’s nostrils flared beneath the flat-contours of her kanohi. Concentrating on the flow of energy within, she felt the coiled power in her kakama as an explosion waiting to be unleashed, and with a single tap she rocketed forwards with its aid, yellow eyes leaving a hazy trail of light in the air of the darkening jungle.

Year 2, day 37 Of My Keeping

Killing a muaka cub was greater fun than anticipated. Nothing like innocents put to slaughter. Unfortunately, I lost the pelt when the mother gave chase, but the memories I will write later.

The fight between the mother and I was longer than I’d hoped. In hindsight, I expected too much of myself and used too many tecnhiques I don’t have a mastery of. I took the mildest injuries, but may have a scar or two to add to the collection. “All battles are learning experiences,” Sucogu would say. He was a proud figure. I first met him, and cherished him, as something paternal. Now I know he is nothing more than mortal. Mortals are nothing more than bags of disease and death. We rot as we walk. I know this. Each time I endure, the truth is more plain.

To think how fast relationships dwindle and despair makes me wear the smile. In one moment we are happy in our sweetness; then we find the maggot in our fruit. How decrepit and decietful is our destiny. Before my time with him (see entries year 1, day 251 omk through 350 omk), my life is hazy; smoke clouds the better part of the image. All I hear is buzzing, buzzing, bu

“Oh just shut up and DIE already!” Kriigata yelled with her head raised in annoyance as the yowls of her victim reached the apex of its insideous grating. As if on cue the rahi flopped to the ground and lay still, exposing the barren gash running across the length of its belly. Her ruminations on paper paused for the time being, Kriigata walked to her travel bag and rummaged for a bamboo flask, which she quickly filled to the brim with some of the still flowing ink of shimmering silver hue.

“There. Enough to last through distractions,” Kriigata muttered and returned to her tome, the air filling with the sound a sun-washed shank scraping against papyrus sheets and the occasional muttering of one determined to put everything she could think into print.

zzing and all around is a dark presense and a clack of pincers. I remember emotions: fear and terror are prominant, but there is a feeling of deep comfort when my memories are blackest. Why, when life is darkest, am I comforted? A summer’s day holds more warmth than what shadows may steal from my thighs, so is reality than the illusion? What constitutes my reality when compared to the dead beast I lean on? Reality exists as tangible entities. Is the shadow cast upon my face by a mask tangible? Am I myself a shadow cast by something greater? Sucogu couldn’t teach that. For all his lecturing, for all his paternal love, for all of it; he missed the most important point: we are all shadows of what who we could be.

Lenat- Ga-koro- Marine HQIC: The Vortixx had waited for the others to finish before he said his piece. Now he stepped forward saying, "I came with a business proposition. Recently I developed a new type of crossbow. Increased range and power with a greatly decreased reload time. You can see an example of it on your Marine over there." He said, gesturing to Firion and his new weapon.

"I was hoping to sell some to the Marines, at a reduced price of course."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Rewera continued to observe the scene before her, but glanced to her left where ravage was standing in stealth-mode. "How did she 'steal their souls', exactly? Where'd she come from?" she asked, quietly, her tone as casual as usual. Internally though, she suddenly felt more on edge. She was familiar with the concept of selling ones sould, or giving it up...Karzhanis, if she hadn't done it when she became who she was, then she had at least gotten close. But for once, she was confronted with a new concept. And it was an unsettling one.

IC: [Stronin]

Having left his companions in order to pursue his own path, Stronin had come to the conclusion that he actually had no real idea what to do. For months, all he had been doing was passively following his friends and allies, assisting them in their cause. He had never actually done anything on his own ever since he had promised not to stray back to the opposite side of the law. Now that he had so much freedom, there was nothing for him to do. He clamped down on the urge to try and become a thief again. Sure, it may have been exciting, but it had been really tiring, running away from the authorities.

"And I really don't want Naona chasing after me again," the Iron Toa muttered, descending towards the ground.

His feet touched the solid earth. He was now deep within the rainforest of Ga-wahi, isolated from contact. But it would give him time to think. Time to think about what exactly he would do next.

OOC: Open for interaction.

"You think so," Ishi replied, "But I highly doubt Dorian would have done this. It's not his style, plain and simple."

The two left footprints in the sand as they walked back towards Ga-Koro's main wards: a small matoran of stone in his faded lava-eel scale coat, and a beautiful toa of water with a knack for sadism. An odd coupling, Ishi had to admit. His left shoulder was more than a hinderance, forcing his gait to shift to the dead limb. I can't leave myself like this, He thought pensively, knowing at any moment his "friendship" with Labelle could turn deadly. Actually, there was another friend he needed intel on.

"Hey Labelle," Ishi asked, struggling to keep up with his companions longer legs, "Do you happen to know a toa named Lazerbeak? She was a friend of Emotia's, tall and green with a beaked kanohi?"

OOC: I just have to take this small detour Fanixe. The lulz will be worth it though, I promise.

If you say Liara's a doctor, I will absolutely love you, just fyi. :P

IC: Aexias shrugged at the scalded prisoner, ignoring his muffled curses. She had never been one for sentiment. In fact, the more she considered it, perhaps her cloudcuckoolander master was on to something. Certainly, there was something to be treasured in the beauty of a maddened man caged and tortured, there was surely something of pleasure in the way they reacted just so to every pang. It was at least far more pleasurable than the alternative. Maybe she would wound him as well, just a little. It definitely couldn't hurt. And what was that old saying about results? You'll never know until you try...

For now, she sipped her bisque and relaxed, lying on her blanket. She had shelter, food, water, and people to share it with. What more could she ask for?

Edited by Mr. Peanuts

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

"Oh thank Mata Nui," Crimeia said, sagging her way towards the inn. I followed her and snuck ahead, holding the door open for her as she swayed in, clearly very tired. There was a couch and she collapsed on it, snoring gently. I went up to the innkeeper at the desk. "Two rooms. Just for the night, my good fellow," I said, tossing over some widgets. The innkeeper nodded wordlessly, handing me a pair of keys. I smiled and walked over to Crimeia and sat next to her. Oh Crim, you always were getting overexerted and collapsing. I patted her on the head and she mumbled something along the lines of "stick a rock down your throat". I glanced up at the door, waiting for Atonal and Natalia to arrive.

It had been one karz of a day. And I was glad to see it done.

BZPRPG Profiles

I raised my hands. "Obviously. No objections there." I glanced down at Crimeia. "Any objections, lady?" She waved a hand feebly before it collapsed back on her. I smiled. "Well, that's definitely a 'no'." I tossed Atonal one of the keys. "Go get us set." I picked Crimeia up and she barely registered any movement. "I'm going to take the queen of sleep to her room. And nothing else." I emphasized the last three words very clearly.

IC: Lenzo from Ga-Koro

"Well, we made it," Ferum quipped. The Ga-Koro forest certainly was nice. Not as nice as home, but it still felt good to be rushing through the trees, swinging from branch to branch before landing lightly on the ground with a soft thump. I adjusted my hat and continued walking, Ferum chatting incessantly about something silly. Wenches probably. Wenches and glory. That's all he cared about. His chatting had a sort of calming music to my ears, making the trudge through the forest something more than just a walk. For a while it seemed as if we were the only ones in the forest.

I was proven wrong a few minutes later when I stumbled upon a Toa of Iron. Ferum shut up. "New people! Excellent! See if he'll make a good fight!"

Ferum, would you kindly be quiet for the next few minutes? The words shut him up fast. He always did like it when I was polite.

"Fine. But don't come crying to me when he rips off your head and plays a song with your spine."

Duly noted. I took off my hat and smiled. "Well hello there!"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:"Ritual in a cave a little ways from the village." Ravage replied quietly, lowering his voice so that he wouldn't be audible to anyone trying to listen in. "Seven Toa were brought there under the pretense of going through a procedure that might augment their abilities.""That Valkyr's body used to be a Toa named Daenerys. As you can see, she is no longer in residence."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

Rewera nodded. "Obviously."

She started to relax a little, though not much. She blamed that on the circumstances and what was going on around them. But Ravage's explanation reigned in her imagination. At first it had sounded as if the Valkyr had accomplished the soul-stealing through...more sinister means than just a ritual. As it turned out, the process was more familiar to her than previously thought. She didn't know the details, but she did know a thing or two about creepy rituals...

Still, questions remained.

Is she allied with the Makuta threatening this Island, or does her allegiance lie elsewhere? If she has any, that is...

But before she could follow through with that particular thought, another pushed it aside, one more important.

"Ravage...how did you learn about all this?"

IC:The pause in conversation was evident, even if his expression remained concealed. Were his face visible, Rewera would see his expression tighten, trying to figure out how to answer."One of the beings involved was a former.... Coworker, of mine."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Tehlin

I felt hollow inside, devoid of life and spirit, empty, as Savina hugged me. With the lack of most of my soul, having a perpetual sense of loss eating away inside of my body was nothing new to me. This was different. It felt as though nothing was left but a cold void. I realized, that I was falling into bleak despair, for all intents and purposes, I was giving up. It was a harsh, cold reality that hit me quite suddenly. Then again, harsh and cold was the very place that I had grown up. Ko-Wahi was they very definition of “unforgiving”. In a place where temperatures could drop tens of degrees in a matter of seconds, if you weren't a Ko-Matoran, you either had to grow numb to it, or... not. To say the least, I had never quite gotten used to the sub-zero temperatures, not the way they had.

And so, the realization hit me hard. I was, even if only subconsciously, giving up. I was tired of it. Hadn't I given up enough already? I'd given up my life to join the Sanctum Guard, something that had helped me oh so much in the past few months. I'd given up my soul to allow a monster to enter this world, which had been brought on by pure naivete. I'd given up a love for this single-minded pursuit of revenge against that same monster, yet I was no closer to that revenge than when I had began. What next? The last remaining friend I had? To Karz if I were to give that up as well.

I pulled Savina close, hugging her protectively, but there was little I could do to protect her from her own decisions. I held her tightly, for the sake of my own well being staying stable for a few seconds longer. For a long moment, I just stood there holding her, the pain of my broken ribs but a distant memory now. Eventually, I unwrapped an arm from around her, and simply smiled.

A genuine smile.

The death of Anthyn was the sole thought that gave me any sort of comfort at the moment.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

If there was anything that was good, the inn's rooms were at least nice. I gently placed Crim on one of the beds and removed her copious weapons, leaving them on the room's table. I threw a blanket over Crim and she wrapped herself in it in a brief fit of movement. I patted Crim on the head. "Sleep well," I murmured quietly before leaving the room and closing the door quietly. I left the key with Natalia and returned to my room, claiming one of the beds. I took off my poncho and started unbuckling knives until there were only a couple remaining in places that wouldn't interrupt my sleeping. I left my long knife on the bed stand and crawled under the covers.

It's been one very long day. I yawned heavily, my eyes drooping closed for a second. "Good night Atonal," I said quietly, before closing my eyes and letting sleep take over.

IC: Lenzo

"A fellow traveler I see," I said, finding a stump to sit on, staring at the Toa of Iron. "I'm not interrupting anything, am I? I can go if you wish."

"Pansy" Ferum said in my head. I shushed him with a mental punch.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Labelle

Labelle considered what the Dog told him. He didn't want to go after one of the Mark Bearer's, at least not yet. Well, hopefully that wouldn't be a problem. Labelle bit her lip. It had better not.

"Hey Labelle, do you happen to know a toa named Lazerbeak? She was a friend of Emotia's, tall and green with a beaked kanohi?"

Labelle racked her memory. She'd met a lot of people since becoming a Mark Bearer. But she felt certain she'd met a bird-like Toa. And that she'd met Lazerbeak along with some other Bearers.

"Actually yes, I do. I don't know her very well though. Only talked to for a little bit before a party."

Labelle took another look at the Dog. He didn't look too good. Labelle frowned. She'd prefer for him to be in better condition.

"Is she a doctor? Because it looks like you could use one, before we go after suspects. And even if it wasn't Dorian, I'm certain another Mark Bearer did this. There were some of us that... didn't really like each other. Have you talked to Tillian yet? He might know who could have done it."

ooc: Who's Liara?

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

Ic: In the silence that cloaked the moment the growing steps of Anthyn's polished white boots on the wooden and plant floors served to signal her arrival like a cadence of drums, but it was her divine appearance that reigned supreme. If Ketan looked regal and Kynaera seemed queenly then Anthyn was downright imperial as she strutted like a living idol down the thoroughfare to where the Arete were assembling. Her wings were folded neatly and prim and certain feathers were painted black at random to give the appearance of an ermine cape with spots that was magnificently accented by her natural body colours of alabaster and sharp red. A belt of red string was tied loosely at her waist and ended with two bulbous tassels that dangled loosely with each pace.

She wasted no time in taking her place by Ketan -- more specifically the very spot Kynaera occupied. When she was mere steps away from it she flashed a threatening look to the toa of gravity, but it also took a gentle tap of Ketan's foot to Kynaera's to make the toa shuffle a space to the side, allowing Anthyn to stand directly beside the man who could be king.

Long ago, when they first met, Greed and Lust had observed each other withcuriosity but over the months they grew to be as close a team as the Daedra could sustain. Their perceived unity was thought to stem from a liking of each other but the truth was far from that idea; they were sins incarnate and equally as devious, deadly and deceptive -- their bond was to keep the most dangerous enemies closest to the chest, born from self-preservation, not mutual respect. Plus, the fact that the two beings looked absolutely stunning together, a juxtaposition of dignity and divinity, just made the two vain people all the better poster children for the "Toa Arete."

Anthyn proudly took her space and the area resumed its serene quiet vigil. The Valkyr surveyed the crowd and spotted her two new friends, Anyanka and her Skakdi companion, on the roof of a hut, and felt at a loss; a wave would ruin the moment. Instead she activated her mask and conjured a bundle of flowers by Anyanka that, while fake and immaterial, still served the purpose of acknowledging her new best friend with a loving gesture. Her brief and discreet display done she once again became stoic, awaiting the other Arete. She wondered if Embok would make his entrance here or remain in the sidelines like the disgraced hero he was.

Edited by Arya Stark

IC: KynaeraMorningGa-KoroThough Kynaera moved aside to allow Anthyn room, the glare that lingered on the Valkyr for a second after the movement was one of barely disguised disdain. She needed no deep breath to calm her expression and her nerves, however, and resumed her mournful demeanor; her eyes she directed straight before her, just above the heads of the gathered Matoran, either to enhance her presence or to avoid the look on Anthyn's face, or perhaps both.

Edited by Legolover-361

IC: Embok

The golden glow of reflected sunlight glinted off the similarly hued armor of the fourth being that approached. Or half of his armor. The enterance made by the Toa of Plasma was nowhere near as grand as those made by the other "Toa Arete". Nonetheless, having been an irremovable part of the village longer than most beings could claim, Embok was noticed. But even the blind could tell, he was not the same hero who had defended Ga-Koro's boarders with his life and soul. Even for those who had not glimpsed his ruined state earlier, his... transformation was stunning. His gauntleted forearms still shone with brilliant yellows and golds, but that was all that remained of his previous manifestation. His change of heart had come with a change of appearance, and it wasn't just the fact that his orange and white body contrasted sharply with the liquid black armor that now covered it. His collar, previously crushed by Anthyn, had since been replaced with a new one. This rose much higher than the last, the layered piece of armor sweeping back to a point near the back of his head. Meanwhile, a ridged chest plate covered even his heartlight. His thick pauldrons terminated into a flowing black cape that obscured the rest of his form, which was doubtless also covered with the dark iron.

As it was, the Toa of Plasma was no longer lacking a Kanohi. Set upon his face was a long, rounded piece of metal. Similar to his old Tryna, an eyepiece was built into it, but the similarities ended there. The Mask of Power was ridged in the style of the rest of his armor, and of the same color of liquid darkness. It's alien shape gave no indication of it's function or power. Most were too busy questioning his change of appearance to wonder where he had obtained this armor and mask, while others gave no thought to it. He was still Embok, proud protector of Ga-Koro, wasn't he?

Embok stood on the opposite side of Ketan, both a guardian sentinel and towering monoloth. If anything, such visiable sign of support on his part only servered to further increase the Arete's... credibility, so to say.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -