Epic Critics Club

Cederak

All right, Aderia: Toa of Ducklings has been assigned to your epic. Expect a review soon, and thank you for choosing the ECC!-Ced
*sigh* Done. I'd be totally proud of myself too, if it weren't for the literal two and a half hours of trying (and failing) to get the stupid formatting to work for me. I'm about ready to throw my laptop at the wall. I just couldn't afford to lose the whole review I'd typed.I'll get in there to clean it up as soon as my schedule allows. Apologies in advance.
I'm sure Parazan can overlook some format inconsistencies for the excellent work you put into your critique. I can understand wanting to retain work that you put 2.5 hours into looking...proper. Thank you as always, Aderia. :)

Fire, highly recommended, has been reviewed! Thanks, fishers64!-HHPS- my thanks to Cederak for not making that pun. :P

I'm entitled to a little fun now and then too, y'know. :biggrin:-Ced

• 3 weeks later...

Dear ECC Critics,I was thinking today, the ECC has never taken a request directly from a critic. I recognize that might feel awkward, asking one of your fellow reviewers to examine your work and post their conclusions. However, I encourage any and all writers to come here - even our members. I just want to cover a couple things regarding critic requests. First of all, a request placed by a critic to the ECC will be treated like any other - with professionalism. Interpret that as you will. Second, if you are a critic assigned to review an ECC member's work, you will have 3 weeks to complete the task, rather than the standard amount. This is a failsafe to ensure that, in the unlikely event we suddenly become very busy, that critic can be assigned a non-member request without being pressed for time on the member request.I've updated the initial post to address the important parts of this message, but like any other request, I still ask that you adhere to the agreed upon format. If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know. Thank you!-Cederak (ECC Director)1.) Dynamic Paradigm2.) Review Topic3.) Number of Chapters: 40

Edited: Since these two books go hand-in-hand, I'm hoping it's alright to have somebody review both of them (If at all possible it'd be great if the same person who reviews the first one also reviews the second one). All the chapters should be up by Saturday. Thanks for your consideration!The Gorge (EXO-FORCE) (If you don't know a whole lot about exo-force, you can find out more information at my wiki here, Perms to link given by B6)Review TopicChapters: Intro + 5 (Expect them to be all up by the end of the week) (each chapter is 800-1200 words)Golden City Origins (EXO-FORCE)Review TopicChapters: Intro + 6 + Epilogue (Expect them to all be up by the end of the week) (each chapter is 800-1200 words)EDIT 2: Actually at this rate I think I'll have them all posted by the end of today, if that makes a difference I though I'd just let you knowEDIT 3: By that I meant I might have them up earlier then usual (They're all up now).

Edited by joev14

I've got four different epic series to post here, if at all possible, I'd like to get the same person who reviews "The Gorge" to review "Golden City Origins" since they sort of go hand-in-hand. Please add/edit to your review as I add chapters!Shadows of Miserix, I don't expect to get a super good rating on this since I wrote it back in 2010, but I can hope :PReview TopicChapters: currently 16, but since I'm only allowed to post once every 12 hours, there's only 4 right now (expect all 16 to be up by the end of next week) (Each chapter is 300-500 words)Tales of Bota Magna,Review TopicChapters: Intro + 3, soon to be 4 (Each chapter is 300-500 words)The Gorge (EXO-FORCE) (If you don't know a whole lot about exo-force, you can find out more information at my wiki here, Perms to link given by B6)Review TopicChapters: Intro + 5 (Expect them to be all up by the end of the week) (each chapter is 800-1200 words)Golden City Origins (EXO-FORCE)Review TopicChapters: Intro + 6 + Epilogue (Expect them to all be up by the end of the week) (each chapter is 800-1200 words)

Hmmm, I think you should select one of them, as ECC takes one request per person.

I've got four different epic series to post here, if at all possible, I'd like to get the same person who reviews "The Gorge" to review "Golden City Origins" since they sort of go hand-in-hand. Please add/edit to your review as I add chapters!Shadows of Miserix, I don't expect to get a super good rating on this since I wrote it back in 2010, but I can hope :PReview TopicChapters: currently 16, but since I'm only allowed to post once every 12 hours, there's only 4 right now (expect all 16 to be up by the end of next week) (Each chapter is 300-500 words)Tales of Bota Magna,Review TopicChapters: Intro + 3, soon to be 4 (Each chapter is 300-500 words)The Gorge (EXO-FORCE) (If you don't know a whole lot about exo-force, you can find out more information at my wiki here, Perms to link given by B6)Review TopicChapters: Intro + 5 (Expect them to be all up by the end of the week) (each chapter is 800-1200 words)Golden City Origins (EXO-FORCE)Review TopicChapters: Intro + 6 + Epilogue (Expect them to all be up by the end of the week) (each chapter is 800-1200 words)

Hmmm, I think you should select one of them, as ECC takes one request per person.
oh...but he isn't full is he, he only has on request at the moment atm right? I don't mind if it takes a long time, I'm still in the process of posting chapters in them, so they can take as long as they need... Edited by joev14

1.) Only one of your epics will be reviewed at a time.

Hello, joev14. I'm glad to see what a busy writer you are, however, to be fair to other authors here on BZP, we will only accept one of your epics. Once a critic has completed their review, you may return with another request. Once you decide which epic you'd like reviewed first, please edit your initial post to reflect the decision and I will have a critic assigned to it as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.-CedEDIT: Regrettably, I still cannot accept your request. Your chapter amount given does not match the chapter amount in the actual epics. I would begin reading these immediately if I accepted the request, and those last chapters wouldn't be up yet. So, if you're willing to have part of the epics reviewed right now, to expedite the process, I'll take them personally. Otherwise, I would understand if you wanted to retract your request until the epics have been entirely posted. Especially given our other rule on epics only being critiqued ONE TIME. Think it over and edit your post to let me know.EDIT 2: Okay, I'll probably have a review up for you around Sunday some time. Edited by Cederak

If you guys aren't too busy, could you please write a review for my in-progress epic, Into the Darkness? There are currently six chapters, and the review topic is here.

tumblr_static_3xklkaa5baucs4kwgosokcw0o_

XATEREX MULTIVERSE STORYLINE

Volume I: Into the Darkness (PDF / Review / CBW PageVolume II: The Shadows Coil  (Review / CBW Page| Volume III: The Darkest Light  (Review / CBW Page| Volume IV: Shattering (Review / CBW Page) Volume V: The Final Prophecy  (Review / CBW Page| Volume VI: Eternal Darkness (PDF / Review / CBW Page)

Xaterex Art Blog | Xaterex Wiki

I reviewed Dynamic Paradigm. It's my first ECC review. Hope I did a good job.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

If you guys aren't too busy, could you please write a review for my in-progress epic, Into the Darkness? There are currently six chapters, and the review topic is here.

Absolutely! I'll be assigning Velox to your epic and rest assured, he is a very capable critic. I recognize your post contains the elements asked of anyone making a request, but in the future, please adhere to the format outlined in the initial post. Thank you! :)

I reviewed Dynamic Paradigm. It's my first ECC review. Hope I did a good job.-TNTOS-

You did an outstanding job. I'll definitely keep your advice in mind regarding "said" and, to be honest, Veladri was one of my favorite characters to write. Thank you so much, TNTOS! :)-Ced

You did an outstanding job. I'll definitely keep your advice in mind regarding "said" and, to be honest, Veladri was one of my favorite characters to write. Thank you so much, TNTOS! :)-Ced

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

I realize this is pretty long, and to whomever is assigned this, I am sorry for you. :P1. Life is a Blank2. Review Topic3. Number of chapters - 24In particular, I'd like to know how the flow of the story works, since I seem to have trouble with that.-HH

Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22

My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum

Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1

I realize this is pretty long, and to whomever is assigned this, I am sorry for you. :P1. Life is a Blank2. Review Topic3. Number of chapters - 24In particular, I'd like to know how the flow of the story works, since I seem to have trouble with that.-HH

Looking at the order of things, the next person on the list would have been you. But I suppose you'll have the next assignment and this one will go to Zosia Darr. Thank you, Hahli Historian. ^_^-Ced

Looking at the order of things, the next person on the list would have been you. But I suppose you'll have the next assignment and this one will go to Zosia Darr. Thank you, Hahli Historian. ^_^-Ced
Woot! I've been looking for an excuse to sit down and read some good stuff in the library :D Perfect for a long weekend.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

As a note to all ECC critics, our little group is now a little more than seven months old and to celebrate your hard work, I wanted to give you each a small token of my appreciation for what you provide to the epic sub-forum. As such, any ECC critic is allowed to request more than one review for an epic. The intro post has been modified to reflect this decision. I trust you won't abuse this membership benefit. :)Thanks,-Cederak (ECC Director)

Absolutely! I'll be assigning Velox to your epic and rest assured, he is a very capable critic. I recognize your post contains the elements asked of anyone making a request, but in the future, please adhere to the format outlined in the initial post. Thank you! :)
Okay, I will. Thanks! When do you think I can expect the review?

Volume I: Into the Darkness (PDF / Review / CBW PageVolume II: The Shadows Coil  (Review / CBW Page| Volume III: The Darkest Light  (Review / CBW Page| Volume IV: Shattering (Review / CBW Page) Volume V: The Final Prophecy  (Review / CBW Page| Volume VI: Eternal Darkness (PDF / Review / CBW Page)

Okay, I will. Thanks! When do you think I can expect the review?
Probably sometime during this longer-than-usual weekend.-Ced

Into the Darkness, reviewed.Now, *goes to study for finals tomorrow*newso1.png

Thank you for the excellent review, Velox! And good luck on your finals!

Done! Haha, that was fun, I got to write the review with a monster thunderstorm going on outside :biggrin: Eheh, I almost started typing the review in the story topic XD But no worries, its all good now Edited by Zosia Darr

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Could you guys review my new story Broken Hope?1) Story:http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=4901&pid=277116&st=0entry2771162) Review Topic:http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=4900&pid=274178&st=0entry2741783) 7 Chapters

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Thanks!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Reviewed Broken Hope.-TNTOS-

A Writerly Blog

The second review for Into The Darkness has been posted. Thanks to Varkanax39 for a very thrilling read.-HH

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed the read!~Varkanax39

I haven't been getting many replies and am wondering what is the problem. So...Bzprpg: Legend of the PrimesReview Topic3 Chapters.Though it is a prequel to some BZPRPG stuff, it's meant to be enjoyable to any reader, since no prior knowledge is required.

I have tentatively assigned this to TNTOS. In the event his schedule cannot allow him to complete it, I will assume direct control of the matter. Thank you for continuing to choose the ECC for your reviewing services. :)-Ced

Quick question: If I post another chapter before my epic is reviewed, does the new chapter get reviewed as well?

I'll answer this, seeing as I am reviewing your epic.The answer is no. I'm only doing the three chapters you asked to be reviewed. If you post more chapters maybe you can ask for another review, but right now just expect me to comment on the three chapters you asked to be reviewed, even if you post more chapters.Edit: Reviewed BZPRPG: Legend of the Primes.-TNTOS- Edited by TNTOS

A Writerly Blog

Quick question: If I post another chapter before my epic is reviewed, does the new chapter get reviewed as well?

I'll answer this, seeing as I am reviewing your epic.The answer is no. I'm only doing the three chapters you asked to be reviewed. If you post more chapters maybe you can ask for another review, but right now just expect me to comment on the three chapters you asked to be reviewed, even if you post more chapters.Edit: Reviewed BZPRPG: Legend of the Primes.-TNTOS-
Thank you for being so timely on this TNTOS. Also, to TNG Prime: as per the ECC rules, you are allowed to make an appeal for another review if we believe substantial work has gone into your epic since the initial critique.-Ced

• 2 weeks later...
What exactly is the system for another review? I could use one, but apparently I have to do...er...something.I did take into account the advice of TNTOS and use it in all further chapters.
As stated in the main post (please read through the whole first post, as most questions will be answered there):
2.) An epic will only be reviewed one time by the ECC. However, if you believe a substantial amount of work has gone into your epic since its ECC review, PM me to make an appeal on the matter. ECC critics are exempt from this entire rule.
newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender