LEGO Universe Version of Rocket Racer's Car

emily

Not too terribly long ago in 2011, a contest was hosted on the LEGO Universe website challenging entrants to design their own car based on the standard chassis used in the game. Being a fan of the original LEGO Racers game, I had the idea to build an adaption of Basil the Batlord's car from it to fit the LEGO Universe car chassis. The result didn't win the contest, but I had such fun building it that I resolved to build the rest of the LEGO Racers circuit leaders' cars on the Universe chassis. Some of the results turned out better than others, and when I reached the final car, Rocket Racer's, I decided that it wouldn't be viable for me to construct a reasonable facsimile of the the original with my collection. So I skipped it.

Recently I decided on a whim to try anyway. The result was not nearly so terrible as I had imagined, although I still feel that the sloping portion at the front is perhaps just a little too long.

a.jpg

More images:

Another angle

Front

Side

Back

Back Angle

The modular pieces:

g.jpg

The chassis. I cheated a little and altered it from the standard form to make the finished design possible.

h.jpg

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend