HERO FACTORY 2014 DISSUSSION

ToaJaller77

:shrugs: I just want Stringer back. But I can't have everything. Is there any problems with shells, etc, on that? Could they bring him back next year if they wanted to?

Well, it's the LEGO Group's call which characters show up each year, so "if they wanted to" they could include whatever characters they please. Most of the factors I mentioned earlier are just possible reasons why the cast has been trimmed from nine to seven, a decision which could have come at any two heroes' expense. I don't fully understand why Stringer in particular has been omitted from sets for the past two years.

It's possible that his primarily black color scheme is seen as less exciting or heroic-looking than the color schemes of his teammates, and thus he doesn't sell as well as his more brightly-colored teammates. In that case, he wouldn't be too likely to return, but it's entirely at TLG's discretion. I miss him as well.

Once again, Rocka is star hero for a while. Furno XL was cool. Stormer XL was cool. Rocka XL was OK, but Surge was supposed to fight Dragon Bolt and guess who gets an awesome jetpack? Rocka! Rocka gets one mech for this wave, and Evo gets the spotlight. I like this, because Evo has been somewhat underrated in my opinion. However, Rocka gets two mechs next wave. He has to share one with Surge, and I like to think of that as punishment for defeating Surge's Brain Attack enemy. Overall, Rocka has had the most attention. He got two Savage Planet forms, one Breakout form and got to fight Black Phantom, two Brain Attack Forms and now 2.5 (or 3) Invasion from Below forms. Why is this happening? Why can't this happen to Furno or Stormer, who have been in every wave?

I don't know what you mean about Rocka being "star hero". Yes, he's appeared in a lot of sets, but not considerably more than Furno, Stormer, or Bulk. In fact, if you include this year's sets, Rocka only appears in eight sets total, the same as Stormer. Furno has appeared in nine sets, and Bulk in seven.

And if anything, Evo is the star of this year's sets, appearing in Evo Walker, Splitter Beast, Evo XL Machine, and Queen Beast. He gets machines in three of those four sets, and they include sets at all but the $15 price point. One of those sets, Evo XL Machine, is the poster child of the current wave, appearing prominently in most "Invasion from Below" ads, and chances are the same will be true of Queen Beast for the next wave.

Rocka appears in just three sets this year, and although he gets a machine in each of those three sets, one of those machines is shared with Surge and emblazoned with Surge's color scheme, not Rocka's.

As for why Rocka appears in sets so often? Probably because sets featuring him sell well. And why wouldn't they? Gold is a very popular color.

And as for why Jet Rocka rather than Surge ended up facing off against Dragon Bolt in the Brain Attack episode? The main reason is that as the biggest set in the year, Jet Rocka had to be featured somewhere, and there were no other flying villains that year. Surge still ended up appearing in an extremely prominent role in that episode, so it's not like facing off against Dragon Bolt was some special privilege that Surge was cheated out of. He was just given a different, no less significant role in its place.

I don't know what you mean about Rocka being "star hero". Yes, he's appeared in a lot of sets, but not considerably more than Furno, Stormer, or Bulk. In fact, if you include this year's sets, Rocka only appears in eight sets total, the same as Stormer. Furno has appeared in nine sets, and Bulk in seven.

And if anything, Evo is the star of this year's sets, appearing in Evo Walker, Splitter Beast, Evo XL Machine, and Queen Beast. He gets machines in three of those four sets, and they include sets at all but the $15 price point. One of those sets, Evo XL Machine, is the poster child of the current wave, appearing prominently in most "Invasion from Below" ads, and chances are the same will be true of Queen Beast for the next wave.

Rocka appears in just three sets this year, and although he gets a machine in each of those three sets, one of those machines is shared with Surge and emblazoned with Surge's color scheme, not Rocka's.

As for why Rocka appears in sets so often? Probably because sets featuring him sell well. And why wouldn't they? Gold is a very popular color.

What he mean about Rocka being Star Hero is like Savage Planet and Breakout, he's the big character icon for those sets and the episode plus he did say that Evo was the Star Hero of this Year. But there was mainly two Star Hero, Evo for the sets and Breeze in the HF episode and the reason why I said breez is the star of the episode? It's because she was the only one with a BRAIN!

Now with Rocka being in Surge Machine (A set that I hate the most from Hero Factory), it's mainly is Surge Machine and with Rocka in it, well you can mainly just put anyone in it and I think they should have put someone else in there then Rocka. From thinking of it I think Stringer was meant to be part of this set then Rocka but of what you have said about the molds, that could had been why they didn't added him and used Rocka.

With Rocka appearing in sets well I don't believe gold is going to be around in 2 years because Gold was popular in lego set was because it is hardly used but until 2011 came they spamed gold like that theres no tomorrow (that is one of the main thing why I HATE the color gold) and same will happen with Trans colors in the next Chima and the Lego new Ultra Agents (I think the gold is going to be changed with Trans colors).

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

With Rocka appearing in sets well I don't believe gold is going to be around in 2 years because Gold was popular in lego set was because it is hardly used but until 2011 came they spamed gold like that theres no tomorrow (that is one of the main thing why I HATE the color gold) and same will happen with Trans colors in the next Chima and the Lego new Ultra Agents (I think the gold is going to be changed with Trans colors).

Honestly, I don't think gold is going anywhere any time soon. Some themes will obviously use less of it than others — Hero Factory didn't use any gold at all until its third wave, and the 2007 and 2008 BIONICLE sets didn't use a single gold piece, but other waves of those themes used it more frequently. It's also possible that the current gold color Warm Gold might one day be replaced with a new one, just like how most of the pre-2006 gold colors were discontinued when Warm Gold was introduced. But gold is an incredibly distinctive color that some theme or another will probably always need. And as long as the LEGO Group has a gold color on their palette, it will be a available for constraction designers to use.

I don't know of any time period when the LEGO Group "spammed gold like there's no tomorrow". They started to use it more widely in 2006 BIONICLE, but then stopped using it in that theme for two whole years (and even in 2009 it was only used for two sets). In 2010 each of the six BIONICLE Stars had a single gold piece, but that's still not a lot.

And even after Hero Factory brought the color back in summer 2011, it hasn't been used very widely in constraction sets. The only hero other than Rocka that has ever used a single gold piece was Bulk from the Breakout series, on his missile launcher. The only villain to use gold as a primary color was Scarox. It's still a far rarer color in constraction sets than Titanium Metallic and Silver Metallic.

Chima and Ninjago sets have used gold much more widely than Hero Factory, but on the whole I don't think gold has worn out its welcome, not by a long shot.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Aside from Rocka, I don't think there's much gold in HF. It was Ninjago that "spammed gold like there was no tomorrow", and that was a theme specific thing to separate good guys/bad guys. Chima has some minor gold accents, like Laval's helmet thing and Chi Eris' wings, but it isn't very prominent color.

• Upvote 2

Honestly, I don't think gold is going anywhere any time soon. Some themes will obviously use less of it than others — Hero Factory didn't use any gold at all until its third wave, and the 2007 and 2008 BIONICLE sets didn't use a single gold piece, but other waves of those themes used it more frequently. It's also possible that the current gold color Warm Gold might one day be replaced with a new one, just like how most of the pre-2006 gold colors were discontinued when Warm Gold was introduced. But gold is an incredibly distinctive color that some theme or another will probably always need. And as long as the LEGO Group has a gold color on their palette, it will be a available for constraction designers to use.

I don't know of any time period when the LEGO Group "spammed gold like there's no tomorrow". They started to use it more widely in 2006 BIONICLE, but then stopped using it in that theme for two whole years (and even in 2009 it was only used for two sets). In 2010 each of the six BIONICLE Stars had a single gold piece, but that's still not a lot.

And even after Hero Factory brought the color back in summer 2011, it hasn't been used very widely in constraction sets. The only hero other than Rocka that has ever used a single gold piece was Bulk from the Breakout series, on his missile launcher. The only villain to use gold as a primary color was Scarox. It's still a far rarer color in constraction sets than Titanium Metallic and Silver Metallic.

Chima and Ninjago sets have used gold much more widely than Hero Factory, but on the whole I don't think gold has worn out its welcome, not by a long shot.

Have you seen the word hardly used, that I mean rarely used and with Bionicle, they have used 12 gold in total in the 10 years (18 and/or one more if you count the Stars with the golden armor).

(Note I was not just talking about Hero Factory and Bionicle) When I have said "Spam Gold" I mainly talking about on a theme and/or how long they are still using it and from 2011 to now, have you even see LEGO didn't use gold on one set (well may need to make the set of have you seen 6 sets) and/or theme or wave.

Aside from Rocka, I don't think there's much gold in HF. It was Ninjago that "spammed gold like there was no tomorrow", and that was a theme specific thing to separate good guys/bad guys. Chima has some minor gold accents, like Laval's helmet thing and Chi Eris' wings, but it isn't very prominent color.

I was talking about other theme then just HF and indeed that Ninjago spammed gold but they mainly didn't even needed gold for the Reboot because it was not like the golden weapons and golden ninja (plus the villain had gold in 2013). They could have of made it like Red, Blue, White and Black (adding orange with black) as the good guys Ninjas and Black/Purple as the bad guys Ninja Robots. For Chima they headly used gold. HF 2 or 3 gold set every year when the 3.0 came out.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

Yeah, 3.0 had two gold sets, but that's because they had two Rocka sets. Breakout had one Rocka set, Brain Attack had two, and IFB has three. :shrugs: I don't know - I think that speaks more to the overuse of Rocka in general than gold as a color.

Although Furno, Stormer, etc get even more overused, so yeah. [gripe]Whereas Stringer only got three set incarnations total. [/gripe]

Have you seen the word hardly used, that I mean rarely used and with Bionicle, they have used 12 gold in total in the 10 years (18 and/or one more if you count the Stars with the golden armor).

(Note I was not just talking about Hero Factory and Bionicle) When I have said "Spam Gold" I mainly talking about on a theme and/or how long they are still using it and from 2011 to now, have you even see LEGO didn't use gold on one set (well may need to make the set of have you seen 6 sets) and/or theme or wave.

I was talking about other theme then just HF and indeed that Ninjago spammed gold but they mainly didn't even needed gold for the Reboot because it was not like the golden weapons and golden ninja (plus the villain had gold in 2013). They could have of made it like Red, Blue, White and Black (adding orange with black) as the good guys Ninjas and Black/Purple as the bad guys Ninja Robots. For Chima they headly used gold. HF 2 or 3 gold set every year when the 3.0 came out.

I'm going to go ahead and admit that I have been having a difficult time saying what you're saying. It sounds to me like you're maybe not a native English speaker, which is perfectly all right, but that means we both need to be patient with each other because misunderstandings are bound to happen from time to time.

I think Ninjago had plenty of reason to use gold in the latest series. First of all, gold has been a major part of the ninja's color schemes from the beginning. To a great extent, it represents the heroes of Ninjago as a team. Yes, each ninja has their own color scheme for their vehicles and costumes, but the gold is important because it ties these various color schemes together and reinforces the idea that they're all teammates and a part of the same faction. Also, which of the villains had gold in 2013? I'm not sure what you're talking about. Unless you meant 2014?

In any case, I don't see why you feel like gold is overused these days. It's not used anywhere near as widely as colors like silver or red, and in a fantasy theme like Ninjago, Legends of Chima, or Hero Factory there's no reason it needs to be far rarer than other metallic colors like silver. As long as it's not getting in the way of other colors, I don't see why it or any other color should mysteriously disappear after three years of use.

Oh, and Fishers, Breakout DID have a couple other sets that used gold (specifically, Bulk and Speeda Demon), but Rocka was indeed the only primarily gold set. If two or three sets out of about fifteen counts as overuse, then by that logic red and blue were both overused in 2002 because they were each used as a primary color in four out of about twenty-one sets (one Bohrok, one Bohrok-Kal, one Toa Nuva, and one Bahrag).

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Sorry that you have a difficult time knowing what I am saying, I just have really bad grammar.

With the villain having gold, I have messed up on that one, there wasn't any gold in the 2013 villain (sorry about that and the just noticed that it feel like we are getting off topic, I think we may need to make a Ninjago Dissussion).

Anyways color that are gold, purple and trans colors are color that are rare until 2011. Those color being rare is the reason why people have liked those colors and make it special. While color like red, blue, white and black are common colors. That is why I believe that gold is overuse it mainly kill what makes it special and different from the other colors.

Yes Ninjago main color of good guy is gold and same with purple for the villain (not the 2013 villain they had black, red and lime green, i think). But because it the main color don't mean that they have to use big number of gold unlike purple that have a small number.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

Sorry that you have a difficult time knowing what I am saying, I just have really bad grammar.

With the villain having gold, I have messed up on that one, there wasn't any gold in the 2013 villain (sorry about that and the just noticed that it feel like we are getting off topic, I think we may need to make a Ninjago Dissussion).

Anyways color that are gold, purple and trans colors are color that are rare until 2011. Those color being rare is the reason why people have liked those colors and make it special. While color like red, blue, white and black are common colors. That is why I believe that gold is overuse it mainly kill what makes it special and different from the other colors.

Yes Ninjago main color of good guy is gold and same with purple for the villain (not the 2013 villain they had black, red and lime green, i think). But because it the main color don't mean that they have to use big number of gold unlike purple that have a small number.

I just don't see why those colors being less rare is a bad thing. Yes, to a certain extent they're less "special"... but I care less about how special a color is and more how useful it is, and gold, purple, and transparent colors are all immensely useful. Ninjago's gold parts are excellent for greebling, purple is a color that has long been underused and is finally coming into its own with themes like Ninjago and Friends, and transparent colors are useful for all sorts of situations (depending upon the type of part, of course). There are plenty of other options to resort to if they want something else to be "special"... personally, I've been craving glow-in-the-dark Hero Cores ever since Monster Fighters introduced Glow White, possibly the whitest and most opaque GITD color yet. But useful parts shouldn't be withheld just to maintain the artificial scarcity of certain colors.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother