turtleman

Why is it that almost every Lego theme as their main or most important protaganist as a red character? Its not just Lego many brands have red as the main character's color. Does red sell better? Does it stand out more to small children?

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

Why is it that almost every Lego theme as their main or most important protaganist as a red character? Its not just Lego many brands have red as the main character's color. Does red sell better? Does it stand out more to small children?

Yes and yes. Red is a powerful color. Even outside of toys it is a color traditionally associated with leadership or royalty. Some Lego themes have changed things up, of course. Exo-Force's primary character had blue and white motifs, as did the primary character of Knights Kingdom II, and Ninjago shifted its focus from Kai, the Red Ninja, in 2011 to Lloyd, the Green Ninja, in 2012. And even Lloyd switched to gold in 2013—gold being another popular color with kids, and maybe the only way to improve upon red (also compare Rocka in Hero Factory or Takanuva in Bionicle, both of whom stole the spotlight somewhat from the red protagonists of their respective themes).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother