Matoran Universe History

Mampt

I started a while ago trying to write a complete, chronological history of the Matoran Universe. I realized pretty quickly that that was a pretty big task, so I wanted to get help from a few places. I tried Tumblr and Reddit's Bionicle sections, but haven't gotten much back. Here's a link to the document so far. I explain the project further in the Introduction section. Feel free to read through what's there, and either email me or PM me if you want to help in any way.

Thanks!

Hate to steal your thunder, but couldn't you just refer to BS01's Timeline section?

K-K-K-KILLJOY. Ouch....Yeah

The more story-like style you've written in is interesting though. You might be interested in the "Retelling" project being done by Bonesiii. As I understand it, he's writing ALL of the Bionicle story, as seen from a character he's invented that observed/heard of basically all of it.

Hate to steal your thunder, but couldn't you just refer to BS01's Timeline section?

I've looked through there before, but it's really cluttered, there's not much detail, and there's a good bit of dispute in the articles. I've been using the timeline as a starting point to go and research further. I also wanted to make it a bit more interesting to read.

And, not to sound needy, but I really do need more help on this, either with writing, research, art, anything is great. Thanks!

It's a good start, although I noticed several little errors like calling the Skrall EL's element as Earth, when it should be Rock (and the rest of the context says Rock). Also some details I noticed that I thought seemed a bit odd not to have been mentioned, like why the Core War caused the Shattering. If these or anything else are details you don't know, please feel free to ask the questions in this topic so we can help out with answers!

There was one other thing I thought might be erroneous but I'm not 100% sure -- the mention that the GBs found the EP first. I thought it was Ice tribe, and the GBs just sent some Agori in to steal some. I think I spotted a few other minor things but I didn't take a note of them and now I forget what they were. >_<

If you ever get this more completed, I could link to it from my retelling as a good place to see just the canon facts all in one place. My story tries to get this stuff across but obviously I have to include a lot that's non-canon to tell an engaging story centering on a non-canon character. So I solve that with comments attached to the story (for BZP version I plan to put them in review topic posts/edits of latest posts going along with each new chapter, but it could be great for people to have a place to go to see all of just the official facts together. :) Good luck -- I can't commit to actually helping with writing at this time, sadly, though.

Also, since you mentioned art in your latest post, I am making sure my retelling has relevant artwork going with each chapter. Much is just from BS01, so you can find it easily, but if you need some of the harder-to-find things, feel free to ask me and I might have them. (Also including some fan interpretations that aren't from the canon, including a few of my own and stuff, but you probably wouldn't use that. :shrugs:)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Thanks! I will go back and check through those to make sure they're all set. As for the Core War, I didn't talk much about it because I wanted to focus just on the Matoran Universe. I might add more later on Spherus Magna and Bara Magna, but not until I've finished the MU History. And as for the art, can you give me a link to the non canon stuff? I was actually hoping for a lot of fan made stuff, so I'll probably use whatever you send me.