Tohu's Avatar?

Click

Boink. It's just a very low priority right now. For instance, as is being discussed here, there's a kind of nostalgic dichotomy when it comes to Tohu. For old members, the figure's purpose is clear. For newer members, Tohu is just the account that posts Talkbacks - and most likely not even that. Furthermore, when it comes to visuals, there are clear priorities right now: a header for BZPower's YouTube page, something cool for the Flickr page. (While you're at it, give me ideas for the Q&A Twitter page. : P)

Edited by -Windrider-

Boink. It's just a very low priority right now. For instance, as is being discussed here, there's a kind of nostalgic dichotomy when it comes to Tohu. For old members, the figure's purpose is clear. For newer members, Tohu is just the account that posts Talkbacks - and most likely not even that. Furthermore, when it comes to visuals, there are clear priorities right now: a header for BZPower's YouTube page, something cool for the Flickr page. (While you're at it, give me ideas for the Q&A Twitter page. : P)

Honestly, giving Tohu the same avatar as the Flickr group or the Twitter feed should take a minute. Even being a low priority, there isn't really much of an excuse in my opinion.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Honestly, giving Tohu the same avatar as the Flickr group or the Twitter feed should take a minute. Even being a low priority, there isn't really much of an excuse in my opinion.

-Gata signoff.png

100% agreed. It takes less than a minute to change my avatar, why do people procrastinate about stuff like this? The process of a contest takes, I don't know, a month? Getting the BZP logo, opening Tohu's account, and uploading the av takes not even 5 minutes. Low priority, sure, but a 5-min one should be quick and manageable.

By the way I'm not hating on you staff guys. You're great. I just think something should get done around here.

What's the harm in giving the account of our site's mascot an appropiate avatar? Hapori Tohu isn't just the account posting the talkbacks, Tohu is also the site's symbol.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Sure, but what are the benefits of giving an avatar to an account whose only purpose is to automate the posting of news Talkbacks?

Gives it more personality; plenty of regular members have the default avatar; but then, Hapori Tohu is not a regular member. While newer members might not realize what Tohu stands for (I'm pretty sure I've only got the gist of it), an avatar would help to set Tohu apart - I'd argue that Tohu is the one account on this site that should have an avatar.

There's already quite a saturation of Tohu, especially for those using the BZPower skin. Adding an avatar to the account would result in the further solidification of a site brand whose strength BZPower should try to reduce, in my opinion. There are potential negative effects when considering the perspective of new members and people looking to join the site. It is difficult to know for sure, however.

This assumes that the avatar would be the iconic geared head. Furthermore, there are ways to compromise: adding an avatar and dialing back on Tohu's presence in other areas, for example.

Edited by -Windrider-

For old members, the figure's purpose is clear. For newer members, Tohu is just the account that posts Talkbacks - and most likely not even that.

I think we should do something about this. Even I'm a fairly new member, but I know who he is. We should have a topic in General Discussion about the Hapori Tohu mythos (what he did, things about Hapori Dume, etc).

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Perhaps there should be a poll to find out if people want him to have an avatar or not? I also see the point about the site already being very Tohu heavy, but ultimately, the account is Hapori Tohu, so if people do want it to have an avatar, then the standard logo is the logical choice.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

For old members, the figure's purpose is clear. For newer members, Tohu is just the account that posts Talkbacks - and most likely not even that.

I think we should do something about this. Even I'm a fairly new member, but I know who he is. We should have a topic in General Discussion about the Hapori Tohu mythos (what he did, things about Hapori Dume, etc).

Wish Granted.

Tohu deserves an av. He's the site mascot. He deserves respect. What, are we so far down that we can't even give our mascot an avatar? Come on.

Edited by fishers64

Wish Granted.

Tohu deserves an av. He's the site mascot. He deserves respect. What, are we so far down that we can't even give our mascot an avatar? Come on.

It's like having your sport's team mascot dress up as slenderman. No distinguishing features.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

There's already quite a saturation of Tohu, especially for those using the BZPower skin. Adding an avatar to the account would result in the further solidification of a site brand whose strength BZPower should try to reduce, in my opinion. There are potential negative effects when considering the perspective of new members and people looking to join the site. It is difficult to know for sure, however.

This assumes that the avatar would be the iconic geared head. Furthermore, there are ways to compromise: adding an avatar and dialing back on Tohu's presence in other areas, for example.

If there is any place we want Tohu to appear, it's got to be his avatar out of all places. Your argument of the site brand is valid, but Tohu's avatar is pretty minor in that respect, if you ask me.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png