topicimage.png

^Click to see the Flickr gallery^

Back when the furry BBC contest was going on, the entry I was working on was an anthropomorthized Baryonyx because dinosaurs are better than mammals but I never finished it because I couldnt build fitting legs.

Fast forward to now, when I'm bored and want to build something impressive and I remember how close I was to finishing something neat. I decided to revisit the idea, except this time, dropping the humanoid part and making the most impressive Bionicle-based dinosaur I can.

Originally, this was also intended to be a Baryonyx. However, when it came to the body, I found an interesting way to arrange a spine out of my red blade-like pieces so it became a Spinosaurus. Proportions aren't 100% accurate, especially the head, which is enormous, but I'm still pretty proud of it.

(also if I manage to get the money for shipping I might see about getting this guy on the convention circuit :o it pales in comparison to most of the usual brickfair stuff i guess but itd be nice to get him out there)

• Upvote 1

It's very pretty to look at. From the tapering of the tail to the red stripe down the underbelly, this is a magnificent creation. It does well to be a dinosaur, I can definitely see it tromping around Mata Nui or other islands. :)

My only input would do with the gaps seen from the side, notably the two where the tail connects to the body, one right behind the front arms, and one in the neck. A few plates may prove to hide them a little better. Still, minor things!

Got dang yo that's pretty freaking sweet. The only thing killin it for me right now is the gap in the mouth when turned sideways, otherwise this dude's pretty grade A solid. Really enjoying the cool underbelly coloration blending into the upper body black.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND