I know this has probably already been asked, but I'm really confused about the difference between the Miru and Kadin. The Kadin just seems like a better version of the same sort of power :L

What are the pros and cons of each?

In my head I imagine the Miru as being like a Jetpack from Halo, where it just makes you go up, so by varying the application of the power you can achieve levitation (though much more smoothly with a Miru), but it's not really for getting you anywhere at speed, more for getting you over obstacles and saving yourself from falls.

In contrast, I imagine the Kadin as being a bit like a Banshee from Halo, where you have to constantly move forward to stay in flight. It's great for covering distance at speed but it's horrible in tight corners where the only way to stay "hovering" is to fly in really tight circles.

These are ideas I have come to after considering their names and the little I know of their uses, but I have no real evidence so it would be great it you could enlighten me c:

Edited by NuvaTube

Kadin is airplane, Miru is hot-air balloon.

Yes, it's a common question, but nothing wrong with that. :P With Flight, you can't hover. As Greg explained it, if you need to hover for example to get a mask off the roof of a cave filled with deadly-sharp stalactites, flying at them like an airplane is going to be very risky, but with Miru you can take your time and play it safe.

Miru is also far more efficient for Toa of Air, as they can already use their air powers to propel themselves forward, but using air to make yourself hover is very difficult (so in that case they are like a helicopter; able to both fly fast and levitate in place, or really a blimp with powerful engines to be precise). For non-Le-Toa, Kadin will usually be more useful.

The Halo analogies are not quite correct, though close.

The Banshee in the games I've played at least can come to a sort of stop, and if it collides (slowly enough not to blow up) with a wall, it will hover (actually they tend to get stuck that way with enemy bots controlling, bringing endless amusement lol). With Kadin you would fall if that happened, or at least bang repeatedly into the wall probably knocking yourself unconcious. Jetpack seems similar to the Miru, depending on what version you mean (the Halo 4 one you get on that map with the giant wheeled vehicle, yes, mostly, though you can hover much longer with the Miru -- the jetpack you can find in the level with the two Hunters locked in that room of scientist, no, as that's more like the Kadin, and not sure if other games' versions, off the top of my head, are as comparable).

Note: The airplane analogy has one issue too; an airplane cannot fly directly up (for too long; taking the momentum of an upward swerve will work for a short time, and they can spiral up). With Kadin you just have to be moving forward at great speed, regardless of the direction.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Awesome! Thanks Bones :D

I think we could close this?

Closed by starter request. :)

Glad to have helped. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)