Bzprpg - Kumu Islets

Friar Tuck

IC: KetruKetru walked up to the building that he thought was the restaurant he had been at the previous day. Walking in. He got himself a table. A waitress walked up to himWaitress: What would you like sir?Ketru's mind began to process his responsecommand: execute/speak "I would like a pokawi skillet, a mahi steak, and a glass of Madu cider."Waitress: Ok then!As the waitress went to get his food, the Toa of gravity stared blankly into space...OOC: open for interaction

IC: Havon - Temple, Kumu Islets -Earlier on,Havon had flow ahead of the Hau Karda in search of this Mark Bearer temple, when he arrived, he'd been far too late. He got there just in time to see Miha get grabbed by the shadow tentacle and pulled into the temple, and then she was just gone...no trace of her.Havon's eyes widened in horror...he'd failed...Miha was gone...forever. "No....." Havon screamed in pure frustration, anger, and sadness. He'd failed Miha, failed Virthee, failed the Hau Karda....he wasn't worthy to be their leader anymore...maybe he never had been....he was just an alcoholic Toa with no real direction in his life. In his despair he flew off in a burst of flames, his elemental powers going off seemingly on their own. When the rest of the Hau Karda got to the temple, they would find no sign of him. OOC: Havon off to...somewhere...I'm not telling actually. :3Basically this is my way of having Havon quit the Hau Karda...sorry guys, but since most of us never play these characters anymore I didn't see the point in the team and have basically disbanded it, or at the very least, Havon is no longer the leader of the group.

Edited by Overlord Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Raknar (Southern Charm, Xa-Koro)"Huh?" Raknar asked, not entirely turned around. "What are you talking about, love? Sorry, can't really chat, my girlfriend says I'm not supposed to talk--Song?"The captain had finally turned around and looked the Toa up and down, realizing who she was and widening his eyes in an innocent sort of shock.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Jin)You know how sometimes you’re just walking along and all of a sudden the weirdest things start happening? Yes? No? Well, this was one of those days.Dorian, Grokk and I had gotten out of the alley, which was nice. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure it had its charms, but I was too busy trying not to gag on the smell of garbage to notice them. We’d made our way to a nice little place by the shore. Good food, nice atmosphere (a surprise for Xa-Koro) and drinkable liquor. We’d discussed the Bad Company here and there, but most of the conversation was made up of the two men poking fun at each other. I swear, these two guys seemed to live off of their one liners. For the most part, I just sat back with a glass of fine red wine and listened, getting to know my partners in crime.The night ended, and we each retired to our rooms. I responded to Grokk’s crude comment about sharing a bed by saying that I’d rather sleep on the street with the carcass of a dead Takea, as it would probably smell better, and the ensuing laughter on Dorian’s part set them off again, trading banter as I slipped away to my room.I’d made sure to get a room with a window; rooms with nothing but blank walls always feel too small, no matter how big they are. I opened the window, allowing the cool night air to flow into the room, along with the noise of Xa-Koro that rarely, if ever, abated. I polished my knives and fans until they gleamed, then sat by the window for a while, looking out over the city. Xa-Koro was the only place on this rotten island that reminded me even a little of home, so I liked to soak it up whenever I could.My attention had been caught after a few minutes by a familiar figure walking down the street. It was Dorian; where was he going? My eyes were drawn to something glowing on his arm… something white.Naturally, I followed, and Dorian led me to one of the weirdest things I’ve ever seen in my life. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you, so I’ll just skip it.Anyone, after the whole temple/mark bearer thing I didn’t tell you about, I continued following Dorian into the jungle. At this point, I was really feeling like a stalker, but this Heuani guy that Dorian was following was way too interesting to abandon the chase. He was tall, dark and handsome, but it was more than that: he had this cool vibe that you couldn’t help but like. I had a feeling I’d follow him even if Dorian weren’t here.I stayed as silent as possible as I followed the pair, moving through the canopy of the jungle. The trees grew so tall and so close together that it was child’s play to move from one limb to the next, although it began to get more difficult as night fell.Then they stopped, and I stopped too, watching from the treetops as the Toa of Iron and his companion went from friendly conversation to trying to kill each other. Wow. Talk about bipolar. I stayed out of the way, figuring I’d wait till the end and see what happened. If Dorian looked like he was gonna die, I’d step in… or maybe I wouldn’t. Maybe I’d cheer on the Toa of Shadow (whoa, shadow –that was new), and then try and get an invitation to wherever he was hanging out tonight after this was all over.It ended more abruptly than I’d thought, though. I blinked, and suddenly Dorian was unconscious, nailed to a tree, and Heuani was gone, disappearing into the shadows he controlled. I waited five long minutes just to make sure he was really gone (if he was as powerful as he looked, I had the feeling he might have known I was following all along, and just laid a trap to nail me to a tree too, but it looked like he was really gone.I sighed. You find a charming man, and then he slips through your fingers, leaving nothing but corpses in his wake. Every time.But Dorian wasn’t a corpse –not yet, at least. I dropped off the limb I was on, swung form a branch, and landed softly in front of the unconscious Toa.Dorian was still handsome, even when bloodied and knocked out. A scarlet trail ran down the side of his face, dripping off into the underbrush, but that was nothing compared to the river of blood that was pouring out of his chest, pierced by his own sword.I looked closely at his face, or, rather, at the tree next to it. There, pinned into the wood, was a lightning bug, skewered by an iron spike just like Dorian. I didn’t know what it meant, but I had got the feeling that this Toa of shadow didn’t do anything without a reason. It was probably symbolic or something. Dorian was nothing more than a bug to him, a bug to be tolerated and then squashed without remorse.I winced. Talk about morbid thoughts. I’d have time enough for those after I rescued Dorian. I mean, of course I had to rescue him. He was my only link besides Grokk to the enigmatic Bad Company, and the Skakdi probably wouldn’t stick up for me if he found out I’d let his partner die. It was more than that, though. I’m really not the kind of gal to leave a friend to die on a tree. Sure, I’d only met Dorian a day or two ago, but he was a fun guy, one I’d like to get to know. And that did not include getting to know his corpse.If I wanted to keep him from dying though, I had to get him off this tree and to a proper healer. Sure, I knew some first aid, but I had a feeling CPR wouldn’t do much good here. Dorian’s raspy breathing had less to do with a blocked airway and more to do with the fact that there was a sword stuck through his abdomen.Speaking of that… taking hold of the handle of the sword, I pulled with all my might. Had the shadow Toa not been exhausted form his fight, I don’t know if I would’ve been able to make the blade budge, but as it was I managed to pull it out, letting Dorian’s body flop to the ground.I winced. Ouch. Not the best course of action. Also now his wound was bleeding freely. Not good.Whipping off my shirt (I still had something on underneath, you perverts), I wrapped the gash as tightly as I could. The blood quickly began to soak through, but the pressure would keep him from bleeding out for, oh, probably the next half hour, if I was lucky.I picked up the unconscious Toa and pulled him onto my back. He wasn’t much of a burden, seeing as I’m pretty strong for a Vortixx and there’s nobody better when it comes to endurance. Still, I had a feeling this would be a rough trek to Xa, especially since I had to get there as soon as possible.I began to jog through the forest, back the way I had come. The moon had risen, and the few beams that lanced through the canopy allowed me enough light to keep from tripping and falling flat on my face. I navigated the tangle of roots and underbrush, keeping a steady pace that would get us to Xa in under an hour, if I could hold it.And I needed to hold it; no, I needed to go faster. If I wanted this Toa to live, I needed to move.You better thank me for this, you son of a Piraka.

IC: SongSong smiled slightly. "What's this about your girlfriend? Should I be concerned?" Her posture was the definition of relaxed, her arms were crossed, and her weight was mostly positioned on her back foot. The most notable difference was obvious; before, she almost always wore an extra suit of battle armor. But now, she was dressed in a simple outfit, more suited to every day wear than battle.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Gunner - InfernavikaI clambered up onto the railing, staring over at Raknar, Song and their ridiculous ship. Taking another sip of whisky, I gave a brief snarl, before sitting down, my legs dangling over the ocean precariously."RAKNAR!" I shouted, a slack grin on my face, "You crazy devil! You've got a lot of nerve coming back here, looking for supplies!"In my drunken state, I accidentally dropped my bottle into the water, my eyes lazily following its course as it bobbed among the waves. Turning back to the Southern Charm, I shrugged, a well-meaning pout on my face."I joke, of course. Now, since I'm quartermaster again, if you need some stuff, you'll have to come through me!"-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Dorian (Jungle, Kumu Islets)Jin was now moving at a steady run, dancing and weaving through trees on her quest to get to Xa-Koro before I completely bled out. I, on the other hand, felt as though I were everywhere; I floated, ethereal, above the canopy, watching the proceedings unfold. Every ounce of blood spilled was another shard of my consciousness embedded in the ground like glass from a broken bottle. I was broken; I wasn't defeated, but I was almost certainly destroyed, no matter how fast Jin ran. I tried to summon up Mini-Grokk, tried to conjure some form of conscience that would bring me some form of solace, but nothing came. As if it, too, spilled from my torn abdomen, any sense of morality or hope I deserved or obtained had long since bled away from me and soaked into the ground.My mind tried desperately to pull itself together with what shards remained, tried to glue itself together with whatever brain signals allocated to the broken shambles that had come to define my unnatural train of thought over the decades I had made my name known, but not a single drop of glue dried, not a single signal was received by any signal on any other given end, leaving them to bounce along like pinballs, each alone in theory but all clumped together in a single form of organized chaos so lovingly put together that halting it would be a fool's errand for even the greatest psychiatric mind. That entire paragraph was a run on sentence; it ignored all sense of rules or formality and merely existed. The paragraph and I shared something in common, it appeared. We were rulebreakers. We didn't belong.The Church of Dorian. The Congregation of One. In my father's house are many mansions, and it was a temporary blessing and an eternal curse that I would be alone in each one of them.I was going to die, and I knew this because there was no way people like me got lucky this many times, no way that any sort of cosmic force would really allow an anomaly like me to drift for so long through its gaze without any form of control with which to enforce upon it. Jin ran as fast as those toned, smoking hot legs of hers could carry, but I could feel in my mind that the cause was fruitless. Come to think of it, that was pretty much one of the only things I could feel in my mind, or in my entire body at all, for that matter. Another was Naara. And then, finally, Kynaera. Her. The seductress. In my head, I gasped, as though I were being waterboarded.Punch after punch landed into my abdomen, cigarette pressed against cheek, knife against bare bone, but still I grit my teeth, too stubborn - or too romantic - to let myself give a single word of protest. Ribs fractured, creating small cracks that eventually turned into fault lines tattooed onto bone; already, I was accumulating a treasure trove of physical damage that would last me for years on end. Still, not a word out of me, even as the hood was lifted off my head for the hundred thousandth time in what could have been a hundred thousand years at this point. Time was subjective; death was a concept, for those who believed in it, for men such as myself, who had been pushed and and prodded past any sort of threshold of living or dead or such loaded terms, we could not die. We could merely suffer more, our faces tearing at the seams from shouts of pain and hatred but never wrinkling or spotting or sagging of any "natural" causes. So this went on, for a hundred thousand hood lifts in what could have been a hundred thousand years."This is the ninteeth hour of your nine hundred forty eight day of captivity, Dorian," said The Man with The Hood as he stared into my eyes, brown orbs glowing with the artificial warmth of a lightstone; I felt no fear towards him, only an enticing warmth, like that a prodigal son shone on his father after a pilgramage away from home. "Would you like to end the experiment?"I...I...end the...Before I could finish rasping out the sentence, before I could affirm or deny that I wanted to end my enlightenment, an attractive, scared looking Toa of Gravity was pushed forward and had her own Hood removed from her head. Through puffy blue eyes sewn shut with bruises and burns I saw her gasp, try and turn away, scream and cry, and even though I tried to help assure her, no words would leave my mouth except one: No. Kynaera was dragged away, screaming my name and screaming that surely someone anyone would help us because people loved us and hang on Dorian because I love you and I won't ever leave you please don't ever leave me. Then she was gone.​Obviously, the Prodigal Son had disappointed The Father, because The Man with The Hood finally shook his head and tossed the appendage that had become my new face onto the ground for the first time in a hundred thousand years or nine hundred so and so days or however long I'd been enlightened, ground it into the dust and the muck where it could gather filth and decay. He turned to the Apostles in the room: there were twelve of them, with Suletu's and Matatu's and Mahiki's."Break him," the Father rasped in a voice so unbefitting of his smooth visage, and as the Apostles stepped forward and activated their masks, I held onto the single rational thought of Kynaera - the Deity - even as the Apostles pushed and pulled on my mind with their masks until I could see my thoughts and dreams and loves and hates twirling as though they were flushed down a drain to rot in sewer pipes. My mind was crystallized and slowly fracturing, bending and ripping and tearing and screaming out until the shattering sound of my psyche was palpable inside my entire body, echoing like a loudspeaker throughout heart and synapse. And I was Enlightened.Jin kept on running, rolling on and on through the jungle like a hymn in a church choir, holding hands and together and ever so sweet in their devotion to God and hope and love. As the hymn rolled and God watched, my Mark grew bright blue like a dying star before fading away from my shoulder, and a single black scarf - cashmere, handcrafted and a feast for the eyes - rolled off my neck and onto the ground. Like its owner, it slowly tumbled unceasing into the muck, landing there gently and waiting its turn to be sucked into the ground, where no one would remember it.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Jin)Karz... Dor, if you die after this, I'll never forgive you.Let's get one thing straight: I'm in pretty good shape. If you're in my business, you gotta be, or you're dead. That said, I was breathing pretty hard by the time I got to the edge of the jungle. And I was sweating. I could feel condensation dripping down the sides of my face; the humid jungle air wasn't exactly doing me any favours here. My legs hurt like karz; my muscles were aching with the strain of carrying an extra body around for good half hour, and my heart was pounding. My mouth was prached; I needed a drink badly.But I could see Xa-Koro now, off in the distance. Over halfway there. I pulled Dorian off my back to check on him, and to give myself a break.I'll just be honest: he didn't look too hot. He was shivering and pale: that was blood loss for sure. My running hadn't helped his wound at all; the blood wouldn't clot very well with him being jostled around, and it was oozing out of the shirt I'd tied around him. Sure, he wasn't bleeding quite as badly, but that was probably because he didn't exactly have a ton of blood left to bleed out."Kang," I swore. "What the karz am I gonna do with you, kid?"There wasn't anything to do except to keep moving. So I pulled the Toa's cooling (AKA dying) body back onto my shoulders, and did the only thing I could do: fixing my eyes on the lights of the distant city, I ran.

OOC: Not so easy, bucko!IC: ZealokanHe ran to where Havon had been, and saw nothing. 'What the actual heck? Havon! Havon, where are you?' A sudden realisation hit him.'Darn it, we left Payiges at the hospital.' Zealokan sighed dramatically. 'This has NOT been a good day.'

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: Wraith - Kumu Islets -"Let's head toward Xa-koro. If she's out here somewhere on her own, she'll go to sign of...civilization. Or in this case the closest thing to it." Despite the fact that you could hardly call Xa-koro 'civilized', it was the closest thing to it that existed in the Kumu Islets.

Edited by Overlord Snelly

IC (Lohkar)"So, mate," Raknar called across the gap between the Infernavika and the Southern Charm. "Didn't take ya long ta get a new ship, eh?"He took a sideways glance at Raknar's vessel."Not that I'd call 'er a ship, exactly..."Lohkar didn't mean it. Well; he did, but only insofar as it amused him greatly to annoy Raknar in any way he could.IC (Merror)Merror turned to his team."You're right," he said resignedly. "We've no hope of catching him now; he's long gone. And I must admit, I'm not entirely sure what to do now."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Skyra - Beach, Kumu Islets -"Well..." I began, sounding somewhat dismayed. I took out my flute, and played a quick toon, and no, it wasn't because I wanted to play music, I was summoning my Kahu, Destiny. By now her wounds most definitely were healed. "Maybe...we should head to a koro...possibly Ga-koro, or Le-koro. We can find something that only a team of Toa can accomplish I'm sure."

IC-Skeldan:Skeldan shrugged."Their seems to be little else in our options," he said, trying to think back on the path they'd taken getting here, if there'd been anything oddly notable besides the Koro, or anything else he may have missed. For that matter, if there was anywhere else that might prove useful to learn about."Before we continue," he said, breaking out of his own thoughts, "I've been hearing a lot about this place called 'Pala-Koro.' Would anybody mind telling me just what it is?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:Elsewhere, a tall, dark, and handsome Toa strode confidently through Xa-Koro. That Toa was Xylak Ansanarasar, the rich, universally-hated brother of Reichenbach.Of course, that was just the mask he wore. Beneath, he was cold, calculating, Machiavellian, and completely and utterly insane.He stood against the wall of a building, and was approached by a Matoran wearing a hooded robe. "Death will reach all men.""Not today," Xylak muttered, shaking his head and handing over a stone tablet. "Take this to our agent."The Matoran nodded. He was the third that day to be contacted, and the tablet he had been given was identical to the other two:The time has come. Be prepared.Alert me immediately of all significant events. Await further contact.From the ashes of chaos, the League shall rise to power, and nothing and no one shall stand in our way. The new age approaches.- The DreamerOOC: The characters to whom the letter has already been sent are Demetrius and Incurso. The final letter is on its way to another character whose identity will be revealed when it reaches them, assuming the Matoran is not stopped.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Dorian (Jungle, Kumu Islets)Please don't let me die alone.I might have croaked this out loud, but my eyes weren't open, and my voice was so soft, such a deathly whisper, that even if I did it would be a minor miracle if Jin heard it. All I know is that she was still running, and by now the shirt around my abdomen was soaked clean through with dark red blood and sin, that darkest mixture which poured out of my stomach and soul with sickening viscosity. To her credit, Jin didn't falter or slow, merely pushed herself faster. This girl had it; maybe if I was lucky someday, I'd have a shot at thanking her.There were a lot of things I wish I could have a shot at. Finding out if Naara's really...if I...if she's still in town - there we go - or if she changed residence, whether Kynaera actually could ever feel anything for anyone without having to keep it bottled up in that ice cold heart of hers, whether it was possible for someone to kill Heuani, whether I could ever apologize to Brykon and thank him for being like a father to me, even though I hated him sometimes and he almost made me kill him and he had a habit of trying to crush my skull into dust with his fingers.Most of all, I wanted to know whether the age-old mantra of once a killer, always a killer was true or whether it was just something that people got tattooed on their forearms before they reached the age where they couldn't actually kill anymore and moved onto the next stage of the Rube Goldberg contraption that was both the long struggle of life and the permanent reset of death combined into one invention. I wanted to stop. I wanted to settle down with someone and then start a life for myself that could be both eternal and rewarding. I wanted a family that had been denied me in the first fifth of my life so far; somehow, though, I knew this was a fate I was not destined for, a fate no living creature as foul as I truly merited. Still...how would my bloodline end up, down the road?Bless me, father, for I have sinned. It's been...two hundred thirty seven years since my last confession. Should I start chronologically, or do you prefer these sorts of things in alphabetical order?The different times I stole my father's money for road trips to different Koros and the different times I spiked Grokk's drink with laxative notwithstanding...I actually have something I need to talk to you about, Father. I know, looking back on everything, I don't deserve another shot. I'm not a good man; Good Lord - sorry, that one slipped out - I'm probably not even a mediocre one. But my crimes - and oh, how many of them I can think of off the top of my head - shouldn't extend to the people I care about. They shouldn't have extended to Naara. I loved her, Father, and oh, man, I still do. I know I'm not really in the position to be hitting you up for favors, Father, but at this point all I can think about as I'm sitting here on this woman's shoulders slipping like a kid trying to step out of a bathtub is how she doesn't deserve anything less than a pair of wings and a primo position as one of your angel's. If she really is gone, treat her better than I did. She deserves that much and hella more.They shouldn't have extended to my son, if he ever came around. If he does, or has, and maybe I just haven't met him, I need to ask you for a few more solids. Don't let the world ruin him, Father, not like it ruined his dad. Take a second to wipe the slate clean and just watch after him, please. He needs a Father: he needs something out there to actually show him that the world is not a cold dead place, and he shouldn't have to be afraid to die, Father, not like I was and am and probably will be up until the moment where you get tired of this little rant and just let me time out on Jin's shoulders. Don't let him walk around with an ego or a weapon or a huge bag of widgets, because he doesn't need those things to be a god amongst men and he shouldn't have had to live with a father that thought he did. Don't ever let him use the words Uncle Grokk in succession, Father, and if he does, please don't let him stay out with Uncle Grokk past midnight, and whatever you do, don't let him do a single shot of bourbon. He doesn't need it to be sophisticated. I didn't, either.If I have a daughter out there somewhere, by now she'd probably be at that age where she's young and beautiful and so full of life, and don't you DARE let anyone take that from her, Father. Don't let anyone treat her as though she was anything less than a goddess, because she might not even exist and even if she didn't, I still love her more than life itself just because she could have been. If she does, I want your word that she's good as gold and she'll stay that way. Don't let anyone ever lay a finger on her the wrong way, Father, and don't let anyone use her as a trophy girlfriend. I wrote the book on that, Father, and it's filled with words that I pray more than anything had never been penned but were anyway. Don't let the people who raise her absolutely shelter her, but by God - sorry, slipped out again - if she comes home with some kid who looks like a punk, walks like a punk, and acts like a punk, I want that kid to act like her bedroom's wallpapers are coated in asbestos. Treat her like a flower, Father: she'll be independent, grow how she wants to, but be there to give her a hand and a boost when she needs it. She will; I know it.If you feel like I'm asking too much, Father, I just want you to remember one thing: you and I, despite our infinite number of differences and finite number of similarities, have one glaring thing in common above all else. Throughout our entire existence, only a small, devoted sect has truly believed in us and cared for us as what we are. Maybe I am asking too much. Maybe you're not even listening, or maybe you are and you're just waiting for me to stop pumping out blood like a well so you can get on with people who actually deserve a spark of electricity in their brains. I'd be okay with that; if we switched places, after all, I'd probably be in that same position. But sins of the Father is a concept that took my life and forever pushed it off course, and it's one that no one else should ever have to suffer through. And Father...if you ever have a kid, if at any point you create a perfect avatar of yourself to walk this lowly cesspool island...don't let him wear a scarf. Trust me. I've been there.As if in answer, the pain eased off of my chest and finally numbed completely, and I took a deep, shaky breath and relaxed. Looks like someone up there still had a thing for me.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Skyra - Beach, Kumu Islets -"Pala whut now?" I asked, as I had never heard of a Pala-koro up till now, I began to wonder if maybe it would be a good idea to check in with the Gukko Force for once, just to get the latest news on...whatever. "At any rate, I'm all for chasing down 'The Shadow.'" I said that last part with air quotations.

IC (Jin)It's really amazing how, once you've done something long enough, you don't have to think about it any more.Take running, for example. I'd been toting Dorian on my back for over an hour now, and I didn't have to think about lifting my legs or keeping my arms up to hold the unconscious Toa. I didn't have to think about my breathing (which was closer to panting now- I was freaking tired) or about where my feet where falling. My body was in a groove, stuck in a rut, and it kept going without any mental effort on my part.What I did have to think about, however, was pain. Exhaustion. Nausea. Those and a hundred other emotions and sensations filled my mind, taking up all my attention. I could feel the muscles in my legs quivering, each step potentially the one that would stretch them beyond their limits and send me crashing to the ground. My feet, pounding the ground, had moved beyond regular pain and were now somewhere in the region of excruciating. My shoulders ached from carrying all of Dor's dead weight (don't think that word, don't think that word), and my heart was pounding furiously, desperately trying to circulate my blood quickly enough to keep my oxygen-starved cells alive.My mouth was dry as a handful of sand, and my vision was slightly blurry. I felt as though I were moving at a snail's pace, and would never get anywhere, that this unendurable karzahni would continue until I kicked the bucket; I would run this treadmill of pain and exhaustion until I dropped dead.The fatal footfall came, as I had known it would. It seemed inevitable; there was no way my body could keep up the stress of running full tilt with an unconscious Toa on my back. My foot hit the ground at an odd angle; maybe there was a root, or a loose stone. Maybe I just couldn't run straight anymore. Whatever happened, I tripped, and fell crashing to my knees, scraping them raw on the rocks.I knelt there on the ground for a long moment, my head bowed and eyes closed. I could feel the blood oozing out of my kneecaps; I could feel tears running down my cheeks. I never cry, just so you know, and especially not in response to pain; it went to show how little control I had left. My bravado was gone; pure exhaustion had taken me out better than any bullet could. This was the end; it had to be. I was going to pass out, or die, and Dorian was going to die too. There was no escaping it. I couldn't make it; I was a failure.That's when I heard it. The night was silent, save for my laboured breathing and the hammering of my heart, and even then I barely heard it. It was a whisper of a whisper; my fevered brain was probably making sounds out of nothing. Soon I'd start hallucinating.Still, for a moment I was sure I'd heard Dor speak. For a brief second, I'd heard him exhale a single sentence; a last, pleading request before he passed beyond this world."Please don't let me die alone."My eyes opened.I lifted my head, and looked around as best as I could with my bleary eyes. I saw shadowy shapes, and lights. Lights. Light meant civilization. I strained to focus, my exhaustion and the dark night making it nearly impossible to see. Then, for a moment, my vision sharpened, and realized where I was.Xa-Koro.I was here, kneeling at the finish line, and contemplating giving up the race? No way in karz!Dorian was still on my back. I put all my weight on one knee and lifted my other leg, pressing my foot to the ground; I tried to stand up. My muscles screamed in pain; my body threatened to give up its spark of life once and for all. I ignored it; I was stronger; I would do this.Slowly, I got to my unsteady feet, and stood once more. I began to move, no longer running but shambling, the pain and exhaustion filling my world until I was in the centre of a universe of blood-red anguish. I hobbled through the Koro, for once not caring about how I looked, or if there was anyone around to see. All that kept me going was the need to get Dorian to safety.I know Xa-Koro like the back of my hand; I don't know how long it took me to find the hospital, but I got there. I stumbled into a haze of light; startled doctors and nurses scurried about and made noises that my brain could no longer process into anything remotely comprehensible.I stood there, vaguely aware that my nose was bleeding, and tried to speak. I don't know if ended up saying anything understandable, but one moment my mouth was forming its best approximation of the words please save him and the next moment I was weightless, drifting to the floor like a windblown leaf.Fade to black.

IC: Dorian (Hospital, Xa-Koro)Deep breath in. Deep breath out. Open your eyes, Dorian. You're alive, and your bright blue pretty eyes are shining with all the power of a thousand lightstones as you push yourself up into the bed and look at your shirtless frame, look at the long, smooth cut through your abdomen.My brain was busy running system checks, so I leaned back down and closed my eyes, sighing and running one hand over my face as I tried to smile; my facial muscles were too tired to form anything more than a half-smirk with a couple glimpses of pearly white teeth, but it didn't matter to me. It felt like a smile. I was alive. I had beaten Heuani, in the long run, barely. If it hadn't been for..."Jin?" I asked weakly, looking around for my smoking hot Vortixx messiah. "You around?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Jin)"Here."Dorian looked over at me; I was lying in the bed next to his. I flashed what I hoped was a winning smile. While he was wrapped up pretty good, with tubes and stuff cluttering up the bedside, I looked almost normal. Sure, maybe I wasn't the definition of sexy at the moment, but that could wait. For now, I was more happy to see the Piraka alive.His face wrinkled in confusion; I guessed he was wondering why I was in a hospital bed. He was the one who'd gotten a sword stuck through him, not me."The doctor said I overexerted myself," I said, rolling my eyes and putting imaginary quotation marks around the word. "Who knew running a couple miles with a few extra pounds of dead weight could knock someone out like this?"That was an understatement. Realistically, Dorain weighed more than a few pounds, and I don't know exactly how far I ran, but it wasn't your typical jog around the park, and I did it in an hour. I had pulled muscles and torn ligaments I didn't know I had. I couldn't walk, and probably wouldn't for another couple days.Whatever. I did what I had to do. Dorian was alive."Enough about me," I continued. "What the karz were you thinking, going after that guy? I mean, he was hot and all, but why'd you go try and kill him? You're smarter than that."

IC: Angelus (Temple, Kumu Islets)Angelus smiled and moved up beside Tuara, taking her gingerly in one arm and letting her lean into him; he knew she didn't really need the support, but after so many months without Tuara to cling to, Angelus didn't mind bearing most of the two's weight. As they exited the temple, the first rays of the early morning shone onto them. Time had passed by slowly in the temple, it seemed, or they had been unconscious for much longer than they had realized. Either way, as they made their way back into Le-Wahi, the Toa of Fire sighed and looked back at the Temple one last time, at Arekule's body, before turning back and meeting Tuara's eyes."Please. When you get back, you're gonna have such a workload on your shoulders that carrying me along won't do you much good."It was over.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Tuara - Kumu-IsletsTuara finished the chuckle and her face reverted to the rigid state is usually was in. Despite the fact that she had her body back, and she and Angelus were alive, not to mention together again, she couldn't help but get a sinking feeling about everything. Utu was still out there, Dorian was still out there, Karz, everybody was still out there. The island was still in utter chaos, Makuta's powers were still reaching out across Mata-Nui.Hopefully, Jaller had kept Ta-Koro in good shape amidst the darkness. Probably not as well as he would've if she had been there. On second thought, that didn't make much sense, considering what she'd just been through.The Toa of fire walked alongside Angelus silently for a while until Tuara broke it again, "I never did finish what Jaller set me to do," she started, turning her head to Angelus as they walked, "Utu's still out there. Somewhere. Probably doing things that we were chasing after him for in the first place."She shook her head, "But I don't know if I can deal with him or others like him again. Not anymore," she took a deep breath before looking at Angelus, a playful look in her eye, "I'm thinking of a long vacation."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Angelus (Kumu Islets)"Ah, yes, the long vacation. That which is most sacred above all the other, more abundant short vacations because of its longevity and its multiple opportunities for spending an entire 24 hour period lying inert in bed, its sheer reaction - almost allergic in magnitude - to doing any sort of--"Angelus stopped speaking and turned to Tuara, who had one eyebrow raised and a half-smile on her face as she watched him talk. Slowly, he grinned and turned ahead, moving through the jungle. Blood lined the jungle floor every now and then, and in his mind's eye, he pictured a gun he'd seen snapped in half, and then that same gun, whole once again, in the thigh holster of a certain Toa of Iron. Then, again, another image of black fabric half-consumed by the marsh. A scarf. Angel had spent years in the jungle; it was too easy to ignore coincidences like that, but as an experienced tracker and disciple of the laws of nature, he knew exactly what these findings and trails had meant."A vacation sounds pretty cool, though," he continued, holding Tuara's waist gingerly just so she didn't have the chance to actually drag him. "Where are you thinking? Remember, if you say the words beach and house in the same sentence, you're getting nominated for this year's Ta-Koro Guard Queen of Cliche title."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Not so easy, bucko!IC: ZealokanHe ran to where Havon had been, and saw nothing. 'What the actual heck? Havon! Havon, where are you?' A sudden realisation hit him.'Darn it, we left Payiges at the hospital.' Zealokan sighed dramatically. 'This has NOT been a good day.'
OOC: Uar from Po-Wahi.IC: (Uar)Uar, having went off in Havon's direction, found Zealokan looking for him. "No sign of Havon?" he asked the Toa.

My BZPRPG Characters

BIONICLE Table-Top Roleplaying Game System Project, Started by The Iron Toa

I used to write something about my rank here, but then I took an arrow to the knee...