Bzprpg - Kumu Islets

Friar Tuck

IC: Jild "Oh great and wise one. I am your humble servant; show me what you have in store for me." Over the sound of the waves crashing against the shore the chant could be heard multiple times; each time getting louder and closer. Some Matoran on the shore of the Kumu Islets walk slowly backward toward their homes, some Toa stand their ground, but reach for their Toa tools, and other beings simply stare into the fog, knowing the chant to be one of a follower of Makuta. Jild opens his eyes and stands up; stopping his meditation early to see the new land that his crew and him were approaching. A wicked grin forms on his cold and scarred face. Yes, he had finally made it to the island he was commanded to go to. "So. This is Mata-Nui." His voice was a deep gurgling sound; as if a small reptile were vomitting. The Skakdi spits on the deck at the mention of Mata-Nui; the slimy saliva slowly forms a puddle before a Matoran comes forward and cleans it up. The small one's body was shaking very rapidly at the sight of the Skakdi. Soon, a spiked hand grabs him by the throat. "Do I scare you, Matoran?" Jild asks, the Matoran. His warm, bad smelling breath was almost too much for the Matoran to handle. "N-n-no, Sir. It's j-j-just-" "Just what?!" Jild yells right in the face of the Matoran, bursting his eardrums. The Matoran yells as he reaches with one hand for his right ear and another toward Jild's strong hands wrapped tightly around his neck. "Would you like me to let go? Okay, small one." Jild laughs as he breaks the chain that bound the Matoran to the deck before throwing him over the ship. The heavy chains were still attached to the little one's wrists and soon drowned the him and his screams. All the Skakdi of Air could do was laugh and carry on with his normal preparations. He walks onto the main deck of his warship and approaches the ten Matoran who were busy rowing the ship. Each one Jild had "graciously resuced" from Karzhani and "allowed them" to work on his ship. The Skakdi noticed a few Ta-Matoran, a few from the Stone tribe as well as some from the Water and Earth tribes. Either way, the Matoran were just Matoran to Jild. He didn't care if they had feelings or not. He simply knew he was better than them and that they were in a better place than Karz. "Just a little while longer, dogs," he says to the crew. "Then, maybe, you can all have a break." There was a short moment of relief within the Matoran ranks. The relief was cut-off when Jild fires his laser vision into a Ga-Matoran's left arm. Her scream broke the joy of the Matoran and made them row even faster and harder. And Jild. Jild still laughed and thanked Makuta for allowing him to be the wise and thoughtful Skakdi that he was.

-Mef Man

IC:As Kethrye and Vompran reached the docks, they were greeted by the sight of two very wet and very bloodied Toa - Madrihk and Voriki - swimming ashore near a seemingly abandoned storage building. Madrihk was mumbling something about how he "was fine, don't bother" and "darn high ledges" when he noticed their teammates standing there. He got to his feet and tried to brush some blood stains off his armor."Don't worry," he said," it's not mine."He turned to Voriki."Did you have to fry him underwater? I felt that shock as well, you know."

IC: [Darylhii/Septimus]A small smile appeared on Darylhii's face. He quickly flipped backwards onto the part of the area that had not been affected by gravity, and bowed in respect to the other being's prowess. He may have been a psychopathic predator, but he knew when he had lost, so decided to not to pursue the matter any further."Very well," he said, nodding to Salvinn. "I shall consider this your victory. However, let us one day meet again on the battlefield. You seem to be worthy prey."With that, he disappeared into the trees, grabbing his spear along the way."Thanks," said Septimus, relieved that the Toa of the Green had disappeared. "I thought I was going to die there."

IC:As Kethrye and Vompran reached the docks, they were greeted by the sight of two very wet and very bloodied Toa - Madrihk and Voriki - swimming ashore near a seemingly abandoned storage building. Madrihk was mumbling something about how he "was fine, don't bother" and "darn high ledges" when he noticed their teammates standing there. He got to his feet and tried to brush some blood stains off his armor."Don't worry," he said," it's not mine."He turned to Voriki."Did you have to fry him underwater? I felt that shock as well, you know."

I.C. Vompran"What happened to you two? You look-appear like you just got back from a scuffle-fight with a Tarakava!"

elementalussal.png

IC (Skraatuth, Xa-Koro streets): She made contact with the equipment, and immediately a sudden jolt of electricity ran through her body. Her muscles tightened, her hands closed- she could not let go of the weapons, and the shock transmitted throughout her body. She lost all interest in the Matoran.

IC: Ledzel Ledzel steps out of the building, a large grin on his face. "Nice work," he says to the Toa as he watches the Skakdi being electricuted. The Toa of Stone uses his powers over the element to seperate the Matoran from the Skakdi, but still allowing the Skakdi to hold the electrified weapons and equipment.

-Mef Man

IC:Madrihk's mind worked quickly, and he managed to come up with a proper excuse before the silence got awkward."We were just buying supplies when it turned out the traders were a bit more shady than we thought. They attacked us, and we were forced to defend ourselves. I'm afraid we got few bodies, but the real problem is the still-living ones. There are no authorities in this place, so we can't turn them in."He gestured at the building they had come from."The good news is we now got a new, bigger boat, as well as a good deal of supplies. The bad news is that the boss of these thugs was Ferrin, a ruthless crime lord from Xa-Koro. So if you're done here, I suggest we get off this island before all Karzahni breaks loose. I'd rather take my chances with the mutants than with Ferrin."

IC (Trakuda, Xa-Koro streets): Trakuda fell to the ground, breathing heavily to relieve some of the pain. He looked over his shoulder to see the Skakdi limping off into a shadow. She would return soon, to claim another victim. But this was not the problem Trakuda and the rest of the group had set out to eliminate. Places like Xa-Koro could be dealt with once the Makuta's influence had been removed, for now they had to move on.But who was this mysterious Toa of Stone? They seemed friendly, so Trakuda made the simple decision to trust them until proven guilty. His policy, of course. Looking up at the two Toa before him, he wheezed, "Come on, we better grab this stuff and get back to the boat," getting to his feet, he dusted himself off, "the others will be waiting for us, assuming they haven't gotten wrapped up in some crime war."As they began to head back towards the ship, Trakuda turned to this new friend of theirs, "So who exactly are you? You seem like a nice enough guy."

IC (Trakuda, Xa-Koro streets): Trakuda fell to the ground, breathing heavily to relieve some of the pain. He looked over his shoulder to see the Skakdi limping off into a shadow. She would return soon, to claim another victim. But this was not the problem Trakuda and the rest of the group had set out to eliminate. Places like Xa-Koro could be dealt with once the Makuta's influence had been removed, for now they had to move on.But who was this mysterious Toa of Stone? They seemed friendly, so Trakuda made the simple decision to trust them until proven guilty. His policy, of course. Looking up at the two Toa before him, he wheezed, "Come on, we better grab this stuff and get back to the boat," getting to his feet, he dusted himself off, "the others will be waiting for us, assuming they haven't gotten wrapped up in some crime war."As they began to head back towards the ship, Trakuda turned to this new friend of theirs, "So who exactly are you? You seem like a nice enough guy."

IC: Ledzel"A friend," starts Ledzel. "I was on my way to the docks and stumbled across your 'reunion' with the Skakdi. Who was that any way?" Ledzel continues to match the Matoran's foot falls step by step as they continue on their way to the dock. He had a feeling that the three of them would get along just fine. And, maybe, they could show him a good ship to purchase at the warf.

-Mef Man

OOC: This is our new boat, except it's got room for 8 to 10 Toa-sized people to sit in it. Also, please sum up what each of you have brought aboard, just so I know what to put on "inventory" list. :)IC:The group had, after some struggle, opened the doors and gotten one of the two boats way from the dock. Unlike their strung-together craft, this vessel was larger, much sturdier and had some metal plates in addition to a simple engine of sorts. A sail lay rolled-up in the bottom of it, and it appeared it could be used as a makeshift tent-roof as well as emergency propulsion. If they weren't in a rush, Madrihk would have taken the other boat as well given the benefits of having one, but now his only goal was to get away before Ferrin began missing his personnel. He didn't know much of the crime lord, but he did know that old and experienced crime lords didn't get that way by being easy to kill.Madrihk checked that all the supplies gathered so far had been loaded aboard, then turned the rudder so that the boat was ready to move away from land at a moment's notice. It was built for safe transport rather than speed, but that only meant they would have to react even quicker in the event of an attack. He impatiently tried to get a view of Alfon and Trakuda, but he couldn't see them yet. He looked over the beach, seeing their still-frozen canoes still being where they left them. He jumped off the boat and jogged towards them."We're taking these with us," he said. "I don't know if we'll have time to prepare the other transport vessel, but the canoes should be simple enough to tow. We can use them in case we need extra storage space and materials once we reach the eastern coast; or if we decide to travel up a river somewhere."

Edited by Katuko

OOC: Trakuda has quite a bit of stuff, as you mentioned, but it's probably gonna be a long journey, so he's prepared! :P This is the full list: A short knife for use for cutting food or, if the need arises, for melee combat. For longer range fighting however, he carries a simple bamboo disk, with no symbol or image upon it. A pickax made entirely out of stone acquired from Hafu's likeness at Kini-Nui. Two swords, a double-edged axe, and a spear, bought from a seller in Le-Koro. Some bandages, a flask, and an extra disc, acquired from a mysterious Matoran merchant in Xa-Koro.IC (Trakuda, Xa-Koro streets): "Reunion? I shouldn't think so, I didn't recognize her, but y'know, that's the thing with amnesia, you never know. Say, we're journeying round the island, doing good in the world and stuff, care to join us? I mean, there's a risk of death and all that, but you'll live. Probably. Assuming you're on our side..."

Edited by wotsiznum

IC: Ledzel Ledzel thought about the question as they continue to walk toward the docks. He couldn't tell if the Matoran was serious or not, but he couldn't pass up the oppurtunity. He needed an excuse to journey around the island to build up his skills as a sea man. "Count me in. Where are we going exactly?"

-Mef Man

IC (Trakuda, Xa-Koro streets): "I'm pretty sure we're going to Ta-Wahi first, but we'll be far from the Koro. That's why we were here, to build up supplies at a low cost. Unfortunately the downside was that it's a bit of a hole. But no matter, we're nearly at the dock, then you can meet the rest of the, uh, squad I suppose. I don't really know what to call it, I don't know all of them too well, but we have a great leader, he really knows what he's doing."

IC: Ledzel "Sounds good," says the Toa of Stone. "I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but what will be be doing in Ta-Wahi? I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into." Ledzel still wasn't sure about following the "squad," but it was better than pillaging random ships by himself. Besides, maybe he could learn more about ships then he already does. Unless he got himself killed first...

-Mef Man

Edited by Mef Man

IC (Trakuda, Xa-Koro streets): "As I said, we'll be fighting against Makuta's hordes of shadows- Rahkshi, Rahi, Toa and other species that have changed sides, y'know, the usual."The three turned a corner, and the dock came into view. Trakuda spun around, and raised his arms in the direction of the boat, "Friend, this, is the LIBERA-- oh, maybe not, looks like the ship's changed." he frowned, "Oh well. Hey, Madrihk! We've picked up a local, is that okay?" He called up to the team leader.

OOC: For the trip, Alfon got a satchel, a good ammount of bandages, a few extra rolls of wire, a fishing rod and a small cutting knife.IC: Alfon's plan had worked as he had hoped for but the sudden appearance of the toa of stone was something he had no expected. He had helped them and said he was a friend, which was enough to convince Alfon at the moment. After briefly thanking him, giving him out his name and then Trakuda's little explanation of their plans, the trio soon made it to the dock."I don't think you'll need his approval Trakuda."Alfon turned to face their new ally and started pointing out each member of the squad."You still haven't told us your name, stranger."

IC: Ledzel "Sorry, name's Ledzel," started the Toa of Stone. "It's not much, but I'm stuck with it." Ledzel grins at Alfon before turning back to his new allies. "I'll try to help out as much as I can while onboard the vessel." Once Ledzel says "vessel" he turned to look at the ship. A small frown replaces the grin as he looks over the ship docked at the wharf. "Not the best looking thing, but it looks like it floats," he mutters.

-Mef Man

IC:"New people's great, but this is Xa-Koro... is he a criminal?" Madrihk asked, suddenly cautious. If this new guy had anything to do with Ferrin whatsoever, it would be safer to just shank him, he thought."It doesn't matter, by the way! Get him on the boat and we'll sort it out at sea, we gotta go!"

Edited by Katuko

IC: AlfonLike Madrihk ordered, the group started preparing the ship for another voyage. Madrihk and Voriki had obviously been busy. They looked as if they came back from a horrible fight but they had brought a bigger ship. By the look of things, it appeared as if they were going to tow their original boat."So is this ship going to be named the Liberator or what?"

IC: (Ledzel) Ledzel falls in line with the others, helping them prepare the boat for the long journey. He feels for his pouch of trinkets. Yes, they were still there. He didn't feel safe carrying it with him, but he wasn't sure if there was a safer place in the Kumu Islets than with it's owner. "So, is this ship going to be named the Liberator or what?" Ledzel looks to his side to see Alfon was the one who had asked the question. Ledzel was curious about what the name was going to be as well. He hadn't seen one when he looked over the ship and this was the first mention of a name he had heard so far.

-Mef Man

IC: Kethrye:Kethrye glanced around at the members of the team. The Toa of Ice's eyes last fellon the Toa of Electricity, Voriki. He seems... familiar. Kethrye thought. A feeling of dread settled over him as he realizedhe had seen "Voriki" before; He was the serial killer Kethrye had tracked from On-Koro. "No, it can't be." Kethrye muttered under his breath, to low for the rest to hear.

IC:"Er, a name?"Madrihk didn't feel like he had the time to name the ship right then and there when his mind was already blank with worry, but he decided to do it anyways to prevent a possible bickering about it."Let's see, this here was the Liberator, but now that we have split the canoes apart and tied one on each side, they are all part of the same ship. I say we call the big boat The Liberator, and then these are like dinghies or gigs or whatever nautical expression you want to use. Let's call them L1 and L2 for now, but please: We. Need. To. Go."He said the last line through clenched teeth, his gaze jumping across the area, fully expecting to see Toa in pitch-black armor appear at any moment.

IC: AlfonMadrihk said those last few words with somewhat of urgency in his voice, causing suspicion to arise in Alfon.Something must have happened while we were gone..."Looks like we're all ready. Let's set sail."Alfon pushed the boat off of the dock, drifting further and further away from the slums of Xa-Koro, much to Alfon's pleasure."Let's try to avoid coming back here as much as possible..." said Alfon to the group.OOC: And thus, another boat voyage has begun. Probably a rather interesting one too :P

IC:"Screw the sail," Madrihk hissed, "it takes too long! We'll use the motor!"With that, he fired up the engine, though by the distinctive noise he suspected it wasn't so much "combustion" as "water pump". Either way, it was enough to push the boat forwards at a modest pace even with two extra canoes, seven people and a load of equipment aboard. As they were moving away from the shore, the Toa of Ice saw something that sent chills down even his spine.There were three Toa emerging from the boat house, all of them wearing pitch-black armor and what looked like masks of Strength, Accuracy and Gravity. They all carried several long spears. As one of them suddenly embedded itself in one of the Liberator's wooden parts, Madrihk's theory was confirmed."Duck!" he screamed to Alfon, pushing his head down just as a spear came flying - in a perfect horizontal trajectory - above them. Gravity."I guess I didn't tell the last of you about this," he mumbled to the Toa of Electricity. "We got into a... disagreement with Xa-Koro's worst crime lord and now he wants us dead. So there."Madrihk carefully raised his head and observed the Toa on the beach. Luckily, they were already far enough out to avoid the worst of the attack, as the Pakari-wearer had trouble with his aim and the Sanok-wearer didn't have the strength to toss his spear all the way to the ship. That left only the one with a Garai, and he was already out of spears. Madrihk calmed down a bit. He yanked out the spear that had struck the boat and tossed it onto the floor."All right, I think we're safe for now. They might send someone after us, but we will be almost impossible to track, so let's hope that's the last we see of them at all."He rubbed his forehead, tired from the stress."Well, now we're on our way. Do you guys feel ready to brave the wilderness, or should we visit another Koro first?"OOC: Inventory update coming tomorrow. It's 2 AM here and I'm tired now. :P

Edited by Katuko

IC: (Ledzel) The Toa of Stone ducks as the arrows come flying. He takes out his cutlas, but he knew there was no enemy close enough to hit. When the danger seemed to pass, he stood back up and looked toward the beach at the three Toa. Before he could ask who they were, Madrihk answered his question: "I guess I didn't tell the last of you about this. We got into a... disagreement with Xa-Koro's worst crime lord and now he wants us dead. So there." "Great," mutters the Toa of Stone. Ledzel walks to the bow of the ship and sits down; forgetting the imminent danger behind him and the others. It was easy to forget your worries with a view as beautiful as the southern tip of Le-Wahi. As he inhales the salty smell that is one of the sea, he thinks back to his earlier days on the waters. Those were the days. Back before Mom and Dad were killed.Ledzel's trance of happiness is cut short as he remembers his parents and their rivals: the Skakdi. He had gone through so much pain, so much sorrow because of their deaths. He was sure it was murder and not an accident as everyone else claimed. The Toa of Stone wanted justice to be served; revenge. Ledzel makes a silent promise to himself as the waves hit the sides of the boat: I will kill you all, Skakdi.

-Mef Man

Edited by Mef Man

IC: AlfonThat's one heck of a disagreement to have the worst crime lord want us all dead...After the sudden attack, Alfon shrugged off the adrenaline of the situation and calmed himself down."How in the name of Mata-Nui did you get involved with them?" asked Alfon a little wearily. He was oh so happy to be rid of Xa-Koro but the thought of the most notorious crime lord of Xa-Koro sending some of his gang members after the group crushed Alfon's joy. It was as if Xa-Koro were following them.

IC: {Conteriam/Toa/Hitching A Ride}Conteriam head a group of people running back to their ships. They seemed to be in some kind of trouble. Before he made it to the dock, (whilst walking on the water) he touched the side of the boat he was next to with the positive end, making it slightly heavier. He lied down on the side of the boat and felt it start moving. He assumed he'd make himself known soon, or wait until someone finds him.OOC: I was wanting to join you guys but havn't been able to log until now. I already talked to Elemental Ussal, and he said it was cool. So I guess I'll chill on the side of the Liberator until someone notices me.

I am/Have been:

Thomas.Hunter

Thomas of Hunter

Valborg Svensson

ThePatronSaintOfLostCauses

I've been gone for awhile. Thought I'd come back for the new fourms.

OOC: Looks like that would be now :PIC: As Alfon was waiting for Madrihk's response, he leaned on side of the boat only to be surprised to find someone there. A small yelp escaped Alfon and by instinct, he gave a slight zap the toa instantly. Before the stranger lost grip on the ship though, Alfon used his Calix to quickly grab him and fling him onto the boat, with a loud thud. The group surrounded him, staring at him."I uh, found this guy hitching a ride on the side of the Liberator..." said Alfon a little awkwardly.Although he was not one for torture, he pulled out his electrical wire in case it was necessary to make the hitch-hiker reveal his business on the boat. Making them crackle and glow bright with electricity, he said but one word:"Talk."

IC: (Ledzel) A loud thud from behind the Toa of Stone brakes him away from his thoughts. "I uh, found this guy hitching a ride on the side of the Liberator..." Ledzel approaches the group who had all surrounded, what appeared to be, a hitch hiker. "Talk," was what came next from the Toa. To add to the tone of his voice, he electricuted a line of wire in his hand. "I don't think there's any need for that," says the Toa of Stone to Alfon. The being didn't appear to mean any harm to the crew and Ledzel didn't see any reason to tortue the Toa for just being in the boat.

-Mef Man

IC: AlfonAlfon merely shrugged at Ledzel's words."After having survived an attack from those spear-throwing thugs from Xa-Koro and knowing the people living there, I'm not exactly enthusiastic about having someone from Xa-Koro hitching a ride on our boat. If he doesn't have anything to hide then there's nothing for him to be nervous about. If he does well...we'll see to it that we find out..."Electricity crackled further in the wires as he said his last sentence. The last thing Alfon had wanted was a potential criminal from Xa-Koro was to be on their ship."Now state your business..."

IC: (Ledzel) "True," muttered Ledzel as his finger hovers over his now sheathed cutlas. It was, in fact, the Kumu Islets. You could never tell if the person walking right beside you was a follower of Mata-Nui witnessing to you about him, or someone about to cut you in half and steal your trinkets.

-Mef Man

IC: {Conteriam/Toa/Busted}Conteriam watched two of the ships crew 'bicker' back and forth. Eventually, it ended."I understand your worry. I'm trying to get to the mainland, and thought it nicer to hitch a ride instead of stealing your ship. I mean you no harm."

I am/Have been:

Thomas.Hunter

Thomas of Hunter

Valborg Svensson

ThePatronSaintOfLostCauses

I've been gone for awhile. Thought I'd come back for the new fourms.

IC:Madrihk was surprised by the sudden arrival, but he managed to keep his cool. The newcomer was wearing black, but even if it was one of Ferrin's men he didn't seem like one of the regular armed thugs."I don't really trust hitchhikers," he said, directed at the Toa. "but I can see why you want to get away from that island. we got enough space, you can sail with us until we reach the mainland. That is... unless you want to join us instead?"He turned to Alfon."Just so you know: we wanted to get supplies from the traders. They tried to kill us. That left a few bodies, unfortunately. We should probably have run, but we didn't realize who we were dealing with before it was too late. This guy doesn't seem to be affiliated with them, though."He glanced sideways at the stow-away."Though if you do work for him," he said calmly, "we might feel inclined to throw you to the Takea. That understood?"OOC: Yarrr, we go full pirate-style the minute we get out to sea. :lol:

Edited by Katuko

OOC: Avast, me-hearty!IC: (Ledzel) Ledzel was stroking the chin area on his Kanohi while listening to the conversation. Was it really best if the stow-away was offered a job on the ship? "I don't mean to sound rude, but perhaps we should ask him a few more questions before we offer him a job here on the ship. We don't want him killing us in our sleep and taking the vessel." The Toa of Stone looks down at the new arrival. "No offense."

-Mef Man

Edited by Mef Man