Bzprpg - Kumu Islets

Friar Tuck

Ic: The Peer nodded and tried to find the best wording. "I must confess I'm not the best of us at this sort of thing," he said with a pained face. "A more tactful member could be more, er, diplomatic and make this seem less threatening, but that is not a skill I possess in spades. In sum, this is an example of the powers we have, Echelon. While we are generous, if we feel you are not helping us, um, to our expectations, you may find yourself in this sort of position when your powers betray you." The Peer's tone was serious, and the realization that Echelon held no sway in his element at that moment was a devastating one akin to being naked in a business meeting. Suddenly the true danger that the Peers posed to life was realized by Echelon, and all he could do was sit there."You might wonder why it would be that, if we have such capabilities, we would need someone like you on the field to corral muaka." The dark toa nodded. "There's a war coming, and I don't mean the war between the Makuta and the Matoran. It will be a far more devastating one that strikes at the core of this entire universe. It will be people like me versus Mata Nui, and when that war happens we will need all the power we can get. While our capabilities are vast, most of our people are guards, not soldiers, and we can't be everywhere. We can take the fight to the heart of the war, but we still need our captains and colonels to do the real damage. That's where you and the others we have recruited come in. And remember, Ambages' request for favors still applies."As for the Cultured Gentry, I must confess that Ambages hasn't been forthcoming about his business with the society with myself and my friends," he lied. In truth, neither he or Ambages knew the full truth. The architect had his hunches, but now there was proof, spoken from the mouth of one of the Makuta's henchmen. "Maybe he just wants to be more aloof than the rest of us, since he alone is a Gentryman among us and enjoys the luxuries of that club."Now then, since I feel our business is completed, I think it's time we set sail for Le-Wahi. We will let you off there and leave you to fight in Pala-Koro, if only for you to witness a promise being kept. That is, unless you have something you would like to ask of me?"

IC (Echelon)Echelon's mind was whirring. If these people could shut off his powers this easily, then they possessed technology or artefacts far more powerful than he had imagined.This was going to be very interesting.As for his claim of 'protection from Makuta', and of the coming war, Echelon was not entirely convinced, still holding tight to his certainty that Makuta would ultimately dominate the island. And he had just revealed one of Makuta's major secrets...no matter. Echelon was used to playing things close to the chest. And the Lord of Shadows would surely understand; if you wish to learn about a rival, you must first throw them a bone; gain their trust. Who knew; perhaps these people could prove useful in Makuta's great and intricate plans."I do have a...certain number of questions, before we arrive," he said. "I would like a little more information about your organisation. I can hardly serve your purposes well if I do not even have a name for you. I am also curious on a number of other matters - for example, why I have never heard of you before; or equally the nature of your nullifying technology."Time to do some prying of his own.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:Heuani, Dorian at his heels, wove through the trees. The setting day took its warm light with it, sucking dry the verdant illumination that had streamed through the canopy above. Although Heuani could still see everything, even despite the growing darkness, Dorian's night vision was far less astute; he tripped over various roots, rocks, and Rahi in the way, while the Toa in front of him sidestepped the obstacles with the utmost ease. Dorian had no idea where he was being led, and Heuani didn't seem as though he minded the silence. Dorian decided to break it."Must be nice to have a soul blacker than the night sky," he commented after stubbing his toe particularly badly on a jutting tree root. "Does it come in this handy all the time?""Considering I travel lighter most of the time, there's usually no need for me to walk," Heuani replied. "Tell me where I've seen you before."

test2.png

IC: Dorian (Jungle, Kumu Islets)A mental curse rang through my mind like a gunshot as the side of my right foot scraped a rock; I looked up again, left hand diagonally held against my scarf and right hand dancing around the grip of my revolver. Heuani moved three paces ahead, leading us through the jungle into the fair province of Whothekarzknows. The thick foliage and the seeming abundance of life in the environment around us left little room for landmarks; the area was bereft of any sort of feature I could use to determine whether or not we were traveling in circles."Ta-Koro prison, a couple months back," I replied, finally able to determine where the roots and rocks were and sidestepping through them, flowing like a droplet of blood out of an open cut. "You jumped Hiemalis and I."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: [septimus]"Ow my head," muttered Septimus as he got up. "What just - Salvinn? Salvinn?!"Of course, it seemed as if his Vortixx friend was not present in his immediate area, which meant he was pretty much alone, and that his friend would be vulnerable to things that would take advantage of Salvinn's current state."What do I do?" he moaned, pacing around the area. "What do I -erk?"He had accidentally tripped over the unconscious body of Wraith.

IC: Gunner - Infernavika Store RoomsBored out of my Kanohi (which was about the hundredth time it had happened today), I decided to abandon the conversation and take up drinking again. Digging into the nearest crate I could find, I fished out a bottle of scotch its dusty seal unbroken, despite the strange journey it had gone on.Cracking the stopper off of the container, I took a quick swig of the spirits, forcing myself not to spit it back up. This stuff was terrible, even compared to the stuff he had drunk in Ta-Koro."Next village we get to," I announced, "Remind me to pick up some quality liquor."-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Angelus (Temple, Kumu Islets)Angelus pushed himself up with a low groan and wiped the blood away from his face; his nose had burst when his head hit the floor, and blood slicked the tile underneath where his head had been with a sort of black, oily consistency. He looked around and saw that the three Mark Bearers who had been left when he blacked out - Tank, Utu, and Salvinn - had disappeared, leaving only those who were not Marked to come into consciousness and then leave. Angel took a slow, cursory glance around, and found exactly what he was looking for in a beautiful, bright red pile by the bottom of the stairs."Tuara?" Angelus asked softly, moving over to her with an almost Calix-level run and crouching beside her softly, stroking one cheek to try and wake her. "You good?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Tuara - Kumu-Islets - Mark Bearer TempleTuara moved, rolling slightly. Her eyes opened, with her stoic face she turned her gaze to Angelus'. For a moment she just looked at him, hesitating to get up. She smiled with her eyes before pushing up off the ground, getting to her feet carefully. Making sure not to stir any bones that might've been broken in the process of falling down the stairs. Once on her feet she looked at Angelus again, "As good as I'll ever be."She looked at the closed temple doors.The Toa of fire sighed breathlessly, turning her head to Angelus once more, "What now?"

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Angelus (Temple, Kumu Islets)Angelus shrugged and looked towards the doors for a long moment. Kearrstrun's - no, Arekule's - body lay still in front of the door, and Angelus felt a strong surge of...some kind of emotion. He was dead, then; like his creation, the mastermind behind the single experiment that had changed Angelus's life had disappeared into an inky black void that the Toa of Fire knew he could never and would never truly understand."Well..." he started, turning back to Tuara and leaning against the staircase next to her as he watched the others slowly awaken. "I didn't actually go to school a lot, having grown up in the jungle and all, but from what rudimentary arithmetic knowledge I do have...you still need a partner."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"Hiemalis," Heuani repeated pensively. "Yes; that unshakeable Ice Toa... he reminded me a good deal of myself, actually. I had hoped to see him again after our conversation, and perhaps on more familiar turf." He beamed back through the trees at Dorian. "But now I've happened upon you." The Toa of Shadow kept pressing through the undergrowth, acutely aware of the small lightning bugs that hovered in the air and staved off the lowering darkness. "It's just as well. I think you can be useful."

test2.png

IC: Tuara - Kumu-Islets - Mark Bearer TempleTuara eyed Angelus curiously, "Partner."Angelus and Tuara partners? Did she have the authority to make that happen? Jaller had appointed her Deputy, given her the resources she needed to take down the murderer known as Utu. A goal she did not meet. A goal she had however intended to meet. But a lot happened she did not intend. Tarn violating her mind's deepest crevices, showing her the most terrible of images and emotions. Death, pain, Dorian's past, Tuara's failures, and Dalia and Angelus being together were personal favorites of her captor. Tank's life being utterly and entirely destroyed. Kinvex being killed. Angelus almost meeting the same fate. Angelus having a Mark carved into his abdomen. Tillian and Emotia's lives put terribly on hold. Tuara losing her mind.Meeting the Toa of fire that stood before her. Tuara getting her life back.Perhaps the unintended successes had become just a good thing as intended success.She figured that even without the authority to upgrade Angelus from an Honorary member to the Deputy's partner, it could still be done. Even unofficially. If she couldn't, she'd quit the Guard. Fight for their own causes.Jaller would eat his mask.Maybe a full promotion wouldn't be necessary.She punched him in the arm, "Partner? You were gonna be my subordinate."

Edited by - 6² -

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Dorian (Forest, Kumu Islets)"Well, that's comforting," I replied easily, catching a lightning bug between two fingertips and letting it fly in a controlled loop around my index finger for several seconds before pushing it away into the foliage; the insect was caught in the bark of a tree by a small iron spike that had consumed the chest of the little creature as I had pushed it away. The lightning bugs seemed to have watched the display and scattered, dispelling only random patches of darkness as they buzzed, little sparkling streaks of light leaving rents in the darkness, miniature buzzing sounds left in the wake of the flight path of the little creatures.IC: Angelus (Temple, Kumu Islets)"With a punch like that, I don't have a lot of room to argue," he grumbled, rubbing his arm. "Alright...boss."-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Tuara - Kumu-Iselts - Mark Bearer Temple"Don't patronize me, I was only kidding."She finished with a kiss on the cheek before turning around and starting to walk across the clearing. In a rare expression of emotion for the Toa of fire, Tuara turned around playfully, "You coming partner, or do I need to carry you on my back to Ta-Koro?"

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Echelon)"I do have a...certain number of questions, before we arrive," he said. "I would like a little more information about your organization. I can hardly serve your purposes well if I do not even have a name for you. I am also curious on a number of other matters - for example, why I have never heard of you before; or equally the nature of your nullifying technology."
Ic: "An innovator doesn't divulge his precious inventions," he said seriously. "But the rest of the things I can answer. We call ourselves the Four Peers," the man replied as he washed the blood of the operation from his hands. "There are four of us as the name implies. Ambages and I are half of the team; the rest you may or may not meet over time and they might reveal their names when the time comes, but until then that is all you should know about them. Each one of us is responsible of a wing of resources, meaning we can work interdependently without resorting to leaning on each other. We have been adhering to a plan for a long time, and we have been involved with every major cultural shift on Mata Nui for the last hundred years. With this in mind, the fact that you have not heard of our existence gives reason for why you haven't heard of me."Not everyone with skill and resources wants to be in the limelight," he said. "We much prefer working behind the scenes, behind something larger than us. This is a large island, Echelon. It does not take much to hide, and for the blessed it is even easier to completely disappear. How do you think people like you and Ronkshou are able to avoid bring crucified by the matoran?"

IC (Echelon)Echelon nodded. He didn't like the Peer's secrecy, but he understood it. And he now knew a little more about who he'd agreed to work for. He was at once intrigued and disturbed by their elemental nullification technology; that they could do effortlessly deprive him of his most powerful tool was worrying, to say the least. But at least, for know, they were on his side..."I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to learn a little more as our agreement proceeds," he said. "Now, I would expect that we are nearing our destination - I must hope so, for if the battle has not yet begun it soon will."The Dark Toa closed his chest-armour manually, concealing the now-dressed wound. To his satisfaction, it was barely sore. The Peer had done his work well.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:"Vicious, aren't we?" Heuani chuckled warmly, noting Dorian's spike from the tree. "I like the fighters," he said. "I'm sold."Following these words, the luminescence of all the lightning bugs around was suddenly snuffed, smothered by thin tendrils of darkness that bit up from the shadows around. Dorian only had as much time as it took for these tentacles to fully darken around the lightning bugs - the matter of a second - before his best asset of visibility was taken away. Dorian had quick reflexes, and in the short period he had, he quickly drew his pistol and fired it at the place where Heuani had just been standing. But there was no ping of bullet on armor or damp thud: Heuani was no longer standing there.The Toa of Shadow, upon darkening the forest, had simultaneously melted into the shadows on the ground and reemerged to Dorian's right. The combination of Dorian's adjusting eyesight and Heuani's sudden appearance slowed the Toa of Iron's reaction time enough that Heuani could easily pluck the gun from his grip as Dorian wheeled around to shoot again. The Toa of Shadow directed the pistol at Dorian, the distance between them too short for Heuani to even extend his arm. Dorian stopped short his advance as he felt a cold metal circle press against his forehead. Even though he couldn't see Heuani's face, Dorian could hear the Toa of Shadow's smile. "No way for me to miss this time," Heuani said.

test2.png

IC: Skyra - Beach, Kumu Islets -I sighed, trying to find Echelon was becoming absolutely pointless, fact of the matter was he could be anywhere, who was to say he was even in Xa-koro? "Okay, I'd hate to be the one to say it, but I think we've lost track of where Echelon is...."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Dorian (Forest, Kumu Islets)"There's always a way for you to miss."With the lightning bugs quashed, both the flickers of light they represented and the silent buzz they gave off as they flitted through the air were gone from the world, leaving the two of us alone in the darkness of the night sky that had blanketed itself over the thick canopy of the jungle. There was no feeling in the area save that of the cold, metallic circle against my forehead and the sweet, peaceful calm one feels as they slip into a hot tub. There was no sight, no ability to look at anything; it was oblivion, much like one would imagine death to be, and every breath and every dangerously lethargic heartbeat pulsing under the cover of my perfect chest flowed like an air current as I sat there, just out of sight of the Toa of Shadow just as he was out of mine.Heuani had the upper hand here, and that I knew; however, I also knew that I wasn't likely to die here. This man, after all, had written the book on seduction and playing with your food; he hadn't sufficiently played with me yet, and from the slick way the Toa moved, the carefree, feline gait that I myself had perfected over the decades, I knew for a fact that he was reciting the book's chapters inside his head right now. Suddenly, the pistol felt very far away, and my heartbeat didn't seem to budge as Heuani grew closer and closer."I'd kind of like the gun back."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Echelon)Echelon nodded. He didn't like the Peer's secrecy, but he understood it. And he now knew a little more about who he'd agreed to work for. He was at once intrigued and disturbed by their elemental nullification technology; that they could do effortlessly deprive him of his most powerful tool was worrying, to say the least. But at least, for know, they were on his side..."I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to learn a little more as our agreement proceeds," he said. "Now, I would expect that we are nearing our destination - I must hope so, for if the battle has not yet begun it soon will."The Dark Toa closed his chest-armour manually, concealing the now-dressed wound. To his satisfaction, it was barely sore. The Peer had done his work well.
Ic: The Peer looked out the porthole the room afforded him and nodded. "We're getting close. Let's head up on deck." He stepped up and heaved the hatch open, allowing fresh nighttime air to pour in. Night had fallen. "It seems the war will be waged in the darkness. All the better for you to enjoy the show."Ooc: Echelon and a Peer to Le-Wahi's coastline.

IC:Heuani's grin widened as he pulled back the gun and snapped it in half between the fingers of one hand. He let the two halves fall to earth, where they landed useless. "If we're going to argue over toys," he said, eyebrows raised in the dark, "Then the safest solution is to ensure that nobody gets it."A tree behind Dorian groaned. He didn't move away in time to avoid being whacked in the back of the head by a whipping branch, assumedly that'd been pulled back and released by a shadowy hand. "Come on, let's play," Heuani said. "I'll give you the first move."

test2.png

IC: Dorian (Jungle, Kumu Islets)Son of a...I liked that gun.My thin mouth became a hard line, cutting my face and running parallel to my bright blue eyes as I sighed heavily and looked at Heuani dead in the face. I saw the Toa of Shadow stiffen like a board, and though his grin remained, there was a small hint of surprise underneath."In case you're wondering," I said casually, as though he had just asked me where I'd bought the scarf around my neck, "your bones and nerve endings are being encased in iron as we speak, inside your entire body. You can try and move, sure, or you could teleport through shadows, which is a neat trick. But either way, you're slowing down by the millisecond, and who knows? If you try and teleport, you could get stuck in any number of places for who knows how long. You see, Heuani, I don't need toys to play with you. And I, by extension, am not a toy you can pick up and play with whenever you please. If you wanna kill me, go for it. But don't expect me to grovel for you while you do."As I spoke, a glimmering shape of metal began to shape itself in my hand, and after about a minute and a half it took the shape of a flamberge, identical to Heuani's in all but color and material.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: KetruSystem boot up 1% complete. 7%, 12%, 22%. 46%, 73%, 80%, 83%, 87%, 92%, 99%...System boot up complete. All functions online.System check...System status: Fuel level at 17%. Desired level: 85%Desired fuel sources: Pokawi eggs, Mahi meat, Madu ciderScanning room for valid fuel sources... Results: NoneRunning system memory check... Pulling up yesterday's log, searching for valid location, location found.Motor functions activated, directory activated, objective set. Objective: Travel to restaurant visited yesterday at 19:23 pmIn normal terminology: Ketru woke up and was very hungry. He remembered a good restaurant he had been to the previous evening and decided to go there. With that, he exited the place where he was sleeping at and headed for the restaurantOOC: Ketru isn't a robot, but due to his insanity, he think's he's one. However, when he gets mad, he'll go back to regular modeOpen for interaction

IC: SalvinnAnd now he was alone. At this point everyone else had vacated the premise. Utu, Tuara and Angelus, Wraith, and even Sep. Salvinn was alone, and trapped.Shortly after the temple had closed, the Vortixx had collapsed, whatever energy had been holding him upright had no vanished as the pain in his back had come back in full force. Debris from the Temple soon obscured him from view, and the shock and pain of the entire situation had rendered him unconscious Thus when Sep had awoken, he had been unable to find Salvinn. For Salvinn could not be seen.With his back broken, the only thing Salvinn could currently do, was think. Reflect on the actions that had occurred earlier today, namely the conversation he had had, the way Hope had spoken to him:

"Look at you," the being scowled, "Absolutely pathetic." As he walked into view, Salvinn saw himself, only it was a stronger, fiercer him. It was the being Salvinn used to be."A-a-are you me?" Salvinn asked, without the support from the Mark reinforcing him, Salvinn was back in his frightful state. An odd experience such as this one, was quite frankly, scaring the karz out of him. Thus he was on the ground, trying to back away from the other being."Me, you?" The being chuckled, "Don't make me laugh. Do you really believe that I could ever be as utterly pathetic as you." As the being knelt down to face him, Salvinn could see the reflection of his fear, in the eyes of the being. "No, I'm the one thing that makes you strong." The being stated, his eyes firmly locked onto Salvinn's. "I'm the one thing that keeps you from being completely worthless.""Wh-wh-what's that?" Salvinn asked, the Vortixx was still scared senseless, but at the same time he was beginning to get curious."Don't tell me you haven't figured it out yet." The being shook his head, sighing exasperatedly, "I'm your mark." He then stood up and started pacing around Salvinn, the darkness around slowly shifting and warping into something else. Before long the two of them were standing in the jungle, in the very same place where Salvinn had first met Septimus."Just take a look at yourself would ya, don't tell me you've really fallen so far." The being held his head, "Do you know how odd it is, to be an epitome of hope, attached to someone trapped in perpetual fear. Even now I feel it, and sickens me." Then without warning...A resounding SLAP! was heard.The frightful Salvinn's eyes were blinking rapidly, as the Vortixx started to realize what had just happened. His mark had slapped him, he was struggling to figure out why. "Y-y-you hit me.""Darn right I did." The mark replied cockily, flashing Salvinn's signature grin in the process."Why?""Cause you needed it, that's why." The being chuckled, "When are you going to pull yourself together, do you really think some Angel coming and stealing your soul is any excuse for you to just wallow around like this. Cause I sure as karz don't. Get a hold of yourself man. Go be the hero you once used to be, the guy that saved Sep's butt without a care in the world. Stop relying on others to help you all the time."The scene began shifting again, and this time they were on a boat. Not just any boat though, they were on the Magic boat, a storm raging above. "Look mate, don't you remember that feeling you got when you grasped hold of the rigging. That thrill you felt when you faced the storms head on. Well go seize them again, stop being such a pathetic excuse for a living being."Once more the scenery shifted, this time it was Sep, sitting there in front of the bed of the Inn crying his eyes out at Salvinn's current predicament. "Look at the poor sod, you're supposed to be his hero, his friend. Instead you just sit around all day, staring into who knows where. Do you have any idea how that makes him feel, heck you couldn't even protect him or yourself when that Soulgain freak attacked, so what are you going to do when some real threat attacks. Like Utu or the guy with the Mark of Anger. You'll be clobbered.""You don't want that, now do you." The scene changed once more, this time back to the darkness they were in before, the only difference this time was the white light around the Mark and Salvinn. "Look, as things stand we have the capability to be one of the strongest forces of good on this island. Great Spirit knows it needs it. So you need to get out of this wallowing, pathetic state, and seize the day once more. "And if you think, for even the slightest moment that such a thing is impossible." The being began, before pausing for a moment."Well then you need to kick that logic out and just do it!" The being ordered, "I don't care if you think you can't do this, you still need to believe in yourself, for Septimus if no one else, he needs you, make sure you don't let him down.""B-b-but how?""Well that's what I'm here for." The being replied, as though it was obvious, before holding a hand out to Salvinn. "So, join me, and go back to being the Salvinn you once were, take my hand and together, we'll start saving this darn island again."And then, as Salvinn took the Mark's hand, the world began to spin, a darkness engulfing the two of them, then just the Mark, leaving just Salvinn. And then, in that solitude, there was silence, before a brilliant white light began to fill the area. A light as pure as Salvinn's soul, a light filled with hope. As it surged into the area, Salvinn could feel the hope, he could feel his life returning, and boy did it feel good...

Salvinn smiled as he continued to reflect back on the events that had transpired, sure now his back was broken, but his resolve had strengthened once more. Now he could feel it, the will he had once possessed was returning. His armor had finally taken back on its natural, vibrant hues. His mind had set itself back on track, now the only problems left were to hone his muscles back to normal, and for his back to heal. The latter shouldn't take too long, seeing as it had been a while.Smiling once more, Salvinn looked up at the sky, it really was a beautiful day, and he intended to seize it like the Mark had said. He was going to kick the logic out and do the impossible. So who cared if he was long gone, Salvinn still called out, "Yo, Sep! Mind giving me a hand."

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:"Your companion is out in the world, wishing to find you no matter the odds," said Soulgain, the being sitting down onto a rock next to Salvinn. "He does not know that he has abandoned you, yet he will scour the world for any sign of your existence."It looked to the Vortixx, offering to the crippled Mark Bearer its hand."I shall assist in his endeavour."

IC: Salvinn"Yup, that's Sep alright. He's a good kid." Salvinn chuckled, taking Soulgain's hand and allowing himself to be pulled up. He then let Soulgain help support him, as the Toa slung one of Salvinn's arms over his shoulder. "So buddy, why exactly are you helping me out now? As I recall the last thing you did was peeve me to no end by destroying trees." Salvinn inquired.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg