The population of the MU

Of the creator of how many visorak comes...

HOW MANY MATORAN?

..are there in the whole MU?

That i would like to know. There are several islands, and most of them are populated by matoran (Artakha, Ninrah, Karzahni...).

But how many are there? Is metru nui the largest city? Or is it a rathe small one? (about 1000)

Someone has a greg quote?

How many Matoran live in the Universe? In Bara Magna there are only about 1500 Agori. There should be more Matoran in the Universe than there are Agori in BM, right?

1) Yes, there are 1000 Matoran just in Metru Nui, so I would say easily 100,000 Matoran or more in the MU.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

Classic fishers XD <3

I wonder how the distribution works. Metru Nui as a city would suggest it it indeed a dense population distribution by MU standards (not necessarily though). Other Matoran seen in the MU are, to my knowledge, only villages (like Krakua's village and Voya Nui/Southern Continent)

Classic fishers XD <3

I wonder how the distribution works. Metru Nui as a city would suggest it it indeed a dense population distribution by MU standards (not necessarily though). Other Matoran seen in the MU are, to my knowledge, only villages (like Krakua's village and Voya Nui/Southern Continent)

1. How many matoran were living on Karzahni (before they went to Metru Nui)

1) Several hundred

About how many matoran live in the Tren Krom Peninsula?

ANSWER: Probably a few hundred

And I would say there are overall fewer Matoran on Voya Nui than there were on Mata Nui -- that was not always the case, but it is the case as the story opens.

2)About how many Matoran lived in the settlement [on Voya Nui] prior to the coming of the Piraka?

2) Hundreds

About how many Matoran are alive on Voya Nui in the 2006 storyline?

Oh, hundreds, I would say, but not as many as a thousand.

1: How many Matoran would you say are living on Voya Nui currently?

1a: Artahka?

1b: Karzahni?

1c: Metru nui?

1d: Mahri Nui?

1) Hundreds

1a) No idea

1b) Probably several hundred

1c) 1000

1d) A few hundred

It's my understanding, from the above, that there's about a few hundred apiece. Perhaps 100-700 would be a considerable estimate. Keep in mind the vast distances of the Northern and Southern Continents, and the considerable amount of other onscreen and offscreen islands, like Stelt. Something reasonable would be (IMO) 400 such settlements on the SC, 200 on the NC, and the rest spread among various other islands. Not to mention the tunnels in the core where the Av-Matoran lived.

• Upvote 1

It's quite possible that in some places it's much more than Metru Nui. There may be other cities, although I only recall a few candidates on the official map (Metru Nui is shown in brighter blue, and so are a few other places, but this doesn't necessarily indicate population; Odina is shown that way too and the lines of brighter blue there seem to indicate the canyons). Of course, I'm talking total land, and referring mainly to the two continents. In any given area that is the same geographical size as Metru Nui, the Great City might be more densely populated.

Note that Metru Nui as a "city" really has much more to do with the skyscrapers and high amount of very important (for the MU, some of the most advanced) technology. It's more a matter of density of buildings and tech than of population, though that might be a factor too. Most of those buildings being automated doesn't change that it's called a city. In fact it remains a "city" after everybody except eight leave, just like we call ancient ruins of cities by that word nevertheless.

Even style of buildings is relevant, in Matoran language. Voya Nui, when it had the entire population of VN plus Mahri Nui together in one place, called that a "village" because it was huts, but when only a small percentage of them were in the "city" they were building on the new volcanic land, which sunk to the airweed fields, they still called the much smaller population residence of Mahri Nui a "city." If things had gone as planned and everybody on VN moved into the city (actually not sure they planned that, but it's irrelevant to this point), the exact same population number would have been at different times living in a "village" first, then a city.

It appears to apply to the Agori language too, as they called the whole giant robot, once it was put together but before powered up, a "mega-village". (All these things can be explained easily as just approximate translations to similar meanings in English, so the English connotations of such words need not apply exactly.)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

1. Does the majority of the matoran population in the world live in: Metru Nui, the Southern Continent, Northern Continent, or other islands?

1) They’re spread out, but since the southern continent is much bigger than Metru Nui, it would make sense that most of the Matoran live there.

7. And on an unrelated note: What is the estimated population of Artahka in the main universe?

7) Not that big. I would say 100 Matoran or so, tops

Edited by fishers64