Kromaridon, of the Southern Islands

Torran

Roar.

This is Kromaridon, a dinosaur-like Rahi that lives in the southern islands of the Matoran Universe. A predator, this is not a beast with which you would want to trifle!

Scary stuff.

I wasn't expecting to create a bipod creature when I started out, nor was I looking to build something this large.
The dual pistons per leg are necessary for balance, due to the forward weight of the body.
My sister named it, so if you think it's a funny name that isn't very lore friendly... yeah...

*See if you can count how many feet are used!*

Brickshelf - Flickr

Happy building!

Edited by Torran
  • Upvote 3

I like the torso, but I think the legs are too beefy and too straight/humanoid to be effective dinosaur legs.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I like the torso, but I think the legs are too beefy and too straight/humanoid to be effective dinosaur legs.

The torso was a lot of fun to make because I experimented with angled Technic beams. Thanks!

I guess a lot of dinosaurs have those extra joints in their legs, you're right (not an anatomy major here so I don't know the proper term :P)... I was basing this off of the Kikanalo set, but that's more rhino than dino and even that isn't super accurate to the real animal.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice! I really like the design of the torso. It's also nice to know I'm not the only one that uses a ton of feet in MoCing (I realized the MoC I'm building for the BBC contest has quite a few :P ) I counted 12 feet btw.

The legs do look a bit bulky and humanoid for this guy, however their build is quite cool and I don't think it takes away from the overall fearsomeness of the MoC.

The silver head clashes somewhat with the rest of his color scheme, though I understand those pieces don't come in white and, save the color clash, the head design fits the look of the MoC.

Overall a very nice build imo

I believe it is 12 feet, indeed. The curves they allow for are just too good to pass up in an MoC, I agree!

I was testing out the HF skeleton build, since I've never worked with them before, which resulted in some extra bulk. I'll have to look into slimming it down if I use the same style again.

The head, yeah. I was going to drop in highlights of silver here and there, but that didn't turn out. So it's the eye sore, but at least it attracts attention. Those tusks were something of a pain to add. :P

Thanks!