2001 BIONICLE.com Homepage Flash Animation

Art Vandelay

screen_shot_2014-02-17_at_12.10.07_pm.pn

^That's not an original screenshot, but rather an older version of a replica site I built based on a screenshot. The animation I'm talking about is the center section of the page.

As part of my ongoing reconstruction and archival project of the 2001-2010 BIONICLE sites, I need to track down a lot of stuff that was never archived by Wayback.

I've got mostly everything from the 2001 site, but the main flash animation on the homepage is one thing I can't seem to find anywhere. Would anyone happen to know where I could find this, or does anyone possibly have this particular .swf?

Alternatively, does anyone remember what exactly it did so I can recreate it? :P

Edited by XONAR
  • Upvote 3
Bliss.png

I wish I could help you out here, but I scarcely ever visited the main BIONICLE site until 2002.

At the same time, though, my very ignorance here is what made me excited enough to post. I just want to say I'm eager to see the results of your work, as it would be a delight to be able to browse the 2001 site. :D

Edited by Tazakk
  • Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Oh my god. I haven't seen that since 2001! That looked exactly like it! I can tell what it did, when you pressed a thing, it would take you to a list of the names. If you pressed one, you would be greeted by a picture of that person, to the right, and to the left there was text. There are a bunch of screenshots on my Bionicle boxes, and ALOT on the manas, I can send them to you.

Oh, and If you need high quality pictures of the legend, Aka lewa and that eye, the agaiga nui, onua finding pohatu, or high quality music, I have every track from some old disk I dont just mean the power pack, I have every song in MNOG high qualit not flash garbage that you get in the game,

• Upvote 2

I wish I could help you out here, but I scarcely ever visited the main BIONICLE site until 2002.

At the same time, though, my very ignorance here is what made me excited enough to post. I just want to say I'm eager to see the results of your work, as it would be a delight to be able to browse the 2001 site. :D

I started visiting it regularly in 2002 as well. I only visited it a few times in 2001, so memory doesn't serve me well here. :P I look forward to being able to have the time to finish this up and browse through it myself, and it'll be released on the BMP for everyone to view it, of course. :)

Oh my god. I haven't seen that since 2001! That looked exactly like it! I can tell what it did, when you pressed a thing, it would take you to a list of the names. If you pressed one, you would be greeted by a picture of that person, to the right, and to the left there was text. There are a bunch of screenshots on my Bionicle boxes, and ALOT on the manas, I can send them to you.

It'll be even more accurate now that I have the actual code for the site. :P The screenshot above is a replica site I built from scratch based on this screenshot:

_1362435_bionicle2.jpg

Virtually none of those images exist anymore, so I had to recreate them. And thanks! :D Do you mean that it would take you to a list of the Toa?

And if you could send me those screenshots, that would be awesome, because I still have a lot of images I need to recreate. Thanks. :)

Edited by XONAR
  • Upvote 1
Bliss.png

Wait, what do you mean you have the actual code? :o Second, yes when you click a button,lets say the toa button, I takes you to a few pictures of the toa's faces, when you click on it, you get a picture of the toa on the right, with three paragraphs of info on the left. The bottom bar changes color, so lets say you're looking at pohatu, it turns tan. Then there are the 5 other toa face pictures on the bar insted of those news bulitons. For makuta, it is just a picture of that evil rock face thing, with info on the left. For mata nui. right nect to the article in red it says 'legend' there is a picture of mata nui, with red links to the koros. more pics on the way with the manas. BTW im new, how do I attach pictures from my desktop? I can also send you 1080p images from my old gold promo cd's, and high quality music tracks. (14)

Edited by JakeRSimon
  • Upvote 1

Wait, what do you mean you have the actual code? :o Second, yes when you click a button,lets say the toa button, I takes you to a few pictures of the toa's faces, when you click on it, you get a picture of the toa on the right, with three paragraphs of info on the left. The bottom bar changes color, so lets say you're looking at pohatu, it turns tan. Then there are the 5 other toa face pictures on the bar insted of those news bulitons. For makuta, it is just a picture of that evil rock face thing, with info on the left. For mata nui. right nect to the article in red it says 'legend' there is a picture of mata nui, with red links to the koros. more pics on the way with the manas. BTW im new, how do I attach pictures from my desktop? I can also send you 1080p images from my old gold promo cd's, and high quality music tracks. (14)

Wayback did archive the 2001 site, but it missed all of the images and flash stuff on the site, unfortunately. But I was able to get the page code from there. So anyway, what I'm understanding is, the bottom part below the navigation bar also had links to the character pages? If so, how did these links appear?

To attach images, you should upload them to an external image host such as http://www.brickshelf.com and then directly link to them from here with the image button on the post editor. :)

Edited by XONAR
  • Upvote 1
Bliss.png

Your image isn't working anymore. I did see it earlier though, and while I was hardly even born when Bionicle started, based on the few pictures of it I've seen in instructions and stuff, that looks pretty accurate.

• Upvote 1

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.