Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

You know, I'm honestly starting to get tired of all these villains coming in and taking advantage of the situation in some way or another. At the rate we're getting them, they'll just keep piling up and Mata Nui will never see any rest. I swear, if we took a ratio of genuinely good characters to villains and people who simply don't care...Basically, what I'm saying is villains are too mainstream. People thinking "I'll make a villain, it's so original!" And all that. There cannot possibly be more than 5% of the characters actually trying to fix what 15% of them are doing and the remaining 80% are either ignoring or making even worse in their own way.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

You know, I'm honestly starting to get tired of all these villains coming in and taking advantage of the situation in some way or another. At the rate we're getting them, they'll just keep piling up and Mata Nui will never see any rest. I swear, if we took a ratio of genuinely good characters to villains and people who simply don't care...Basically, what I'm saying is villains are too mainstream. People thinking "I'll make a villain, it's so original!" And all that. There cannot possibly be more than 5% of the characters actually trying to fix what 15% of them are doing and the remaining 80% are either ignoring or making even worse in their own way.

---

But don't forget that the good guys will, in the end, always win. It's just the way things work. Evil has never totally won, and it never will, simply because that would be an unsatisfying story. The Peers' plot to destroy Matoran society? Sure, it might work, but even if it does, I can guarantee you that someday some group of people is going to rise up and take them down. Eventually.

Same for the situation in Onu. Same even with the Daedra! I play Ketan, the leader of the group that has slowly taken over Ga-Koro, and yet I know he is going to lose one day. Contrary to what you might think, I am not rooting for him to win in the end. He may win now, and he may win tomorrow and the next week and the next month, but eventually, he will have to lose. It's the nature of a good story; if it were otherwise, it would be unfulfilling to read and to write.

At the same time, there will always be (more or less) a balance of good and evil. Just as good will never totally lose, evil will never be totally eradicated. Sometimes good will win, sometimes evil, but it's a never-ending cycle that goes on forever.

You are correct about villains being "mainstream", though, but there's nothing wrong with that. Villains just happen to be more fun to play for a lot of people, so we'll usually have more villains than heroes. But you don't have to worry about evil ever completely overrunning the island and achieving a permanent victory. :)

Well, it's certainly overrun the island, that's for sure. Personally, I'm having a grand olde time playing as a Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic/Generally Good character (what category does he even fall under???). And you can bet Kehuri will either prevent the Peers' plot or die trying! That's my main issue. Since Kehuri is essentially me, I almost feel like the Duty of getting rid of the evil plots is my responsibility. It gets overwhelming...!

BZPRPG Profiles

---

But don't forget that the good guys will, in the end, always win. It's just the way things work. Evil has never totally won, and it never will, simply because that would be an unsatisfying story. The Peers' plot to destroy Matoran society? Sure, it might work, but even if it does, I can guarantee you that someday some group of people is going to rise up and take them down. Eventually.

Same for the situation in Onu. Same even with the Daedra! I play Ketan, the leader of the group that has slowly taken over Ga-Koro, and yet I know he is going to lose one day. Contrary to what you might think, I am not rooting for him to win in the end. He may win now, and he may win tomorrow and the next week and the next month, but eventually, he will have to lose. It's the nature of a good story; if it were otherwise, it would be unfulfilling to read and to write.

At the same time, there will always be (more or less) a balance of good and evil. Just as good will never totally lose, evil will never be totally eradicated. Sometimes good will win, sometimes evil, but it's a never-ending cycle that goes on forever.

You are correct about villains being "mainstream", though, but there's nothing wrong with that. Villains just happen to be more fun to play for a lot of people, so we'll usually have more villains than heroes. But you don't have to worry about evil ever completely overrunning the island and achieving a permanent victory. :)

--

In nearly all stories, there is only 1 time evil is allowed to win.

And that is at the end of 1 and the start of another.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Just a little something I'd like to say about the whole "militarization of Onu-Koro" thing.

On of my chars, an Onu-Toa named Whorok, is already extremely dedicated to Onu-Koro, with some simple manipulation about "the good of Onu-Koro" he could easily become a loyal puppet.

Help yourselves

And Draezeth, the Defenders are meant to be sort of like a team who fights for good and protecting the innocent yada yada, and it will not be just a Toa Team, on this team any hero can join, Matoran included, one of which there already is. I don't think we're accepting any requests to join currently, I'll have to ask the others before I can say for sure.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

---

---

I don't know...

I like reading stories where the villain wins. It's a satisfying story to me. =/

Alright everyone: for Christmas, I'm going to kill off one of my characters. Send me who you think it should be over personal chat, and I'll do it by the end of the year. It can be anyone besides Kyju or Liacada, because of plot armor.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

And Draezeth, the Defenders are meant to be sort of like a team who fights for good and protecting the innocent yada yada, and it will not be just a Toa Team, on this team any hero can join, Matoran included, one of which there already is. I don't think we're accepting any requests to join currently, I'll have to ask the others before I can say for sure.

---Couldn't they just have joined up with the ILF? Just saying.

BZPRPG Profiles

---Couldn't they just have joined up with the ILF? Just saying.

Not every heroic character in the game wants or needs to join the ILF.

Edited by Norman Efiks

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Just saying it stands for Unity. But then again, there's always alliances. Kehuri would actually be super interested in joining the Defenders, actually, since he considers himself a protector more than a fighter (which is why he switched to a Hau).

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

...So I basically go on hiatus to study for/take my finals for a week, spend the weekend taking care of writing a chunk of a short story for something unrelated to this site, come back and pretty much all the places my character has left are now experiencing some major event, namely Onu-Koro getting taken over by "Kehuri".Welcome to the world of BZPRPG. right? XD

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Just saying it stands for Unity. But then again, there's always alliances. Kehuri would actually be super interested in joining the Defenders, actually, since he considers himself a protector more than a fighter (which is why he switched to a Hau).

Unity is evident in the other heroic teams as well. And very few toa actually care about the Three Virtues or adhere to them. So that's hardly an issue.

Edited by Norman Efiks

[Profiles]

...So I basically go on hiatus to study for/take my finals for a week, spend the weekend taking care of writing a chunk of a short story for something unrelated to this site, come back and pretty much all the places my character has left are now experiencing some major event, namely Onu-Koro getting taken over by "Kehuri". Welcome to the world of BZPRPG. right? XD

...So I basically go on hiatus to study for/take my finals for a week, spend the weekend taking care of writing a chunk of a short story for something unrelated to this site, come back and pretty much all the places my character has left are now experiencing some major event, namely Onu-Koro getting taken over by "Kehuri". Welcome to the world of BZPRPG. right? XD

Noooope. Kyju took over Onu-Koro, and now Raxa is for some reason a politician.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

...My point still stands *shot*So, before I post in my potential ignorance already demonstrated by that detail mix-up: Is anything particularly extravagant or important...er...let's say "distracting" in any way in Ga-Koro, either at this moment or prior? (Like, within the past 2-3 in-real-life days)

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Keep in mind that the setting of this RPG is not one of normal life on the island- Makuta has taken over and spread his evil across the land. Evil has won in this setting, so it follows that evil beings are everywhere trying to take advantage of this. The amount of evil characters is not too deplorable, and remember that most villages are doing quite well.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

And very few toa actually care about the Three Virtues or adhere to them. So that's hardly an issue.

I don't see how that isn't an issue.

I'm not saying that apathy about the 3V isn't problematic. I'm saying that since people don't care about the Virtues, they might as well be solo heroes, even if they don't want to be in any of the Unity-exemplifying teams out there.

Edited by Norman Efiks

[Profiles]

I'm not saying that apathy about the 3V isn't problematic. I'm saying that since people don't care about the Virtues, they might as well be solo heroes, even if they don't want to be in any of the Unity-exemplifying teams out there.

Oh, you meant it isn't an issue for them.

BZPRPG Profiles