Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

@Space Pirate: Just channel your darkest desires (kicking your dog, talking back to your mother, etc) and dump them into the character.

---

Constructman, this is what you're doing wrong. Talking back to your mother? Honestly? I channel my desire to coldly murder people and reanimate their bodies.

What? Why are you all staring at me?

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

@Space Pirate: Just channel your darkest desires (kicking your dog, talking back to your mother, etc) and dump them into the character.

---

Constructman, this is what you're doing wrong. Talking back to your mother? Honestly? I channel my desire to coldly murder people and reanimate their bodies.

---

I've never seen a mother in this game.

I have seen, however, Necromancers. It'll only be a certain time before we see Necrophilia as well......

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I've never seen a mother in this game.

I have seen, however, Necromancers. It'll only be a certain time before we see Necrophilia as well......

It'll only be a certain time before we see Necrophilia as well......

we see Necrophilia

Necrophilia

*Opens mouth to speak*

*Decides against it.*

Back on topic. Seeing that the Turaga will die in the near-future, I wonder what the island will be like after their deaths, especially seeing that they were pretty much icons to the Matoran; representatives of their hope for the future; symbols of the fact that they would still be okay no matter how dangerous the world around them was.

And now they're gone.

Xa-Koroans who are still alive and people who hate them: YAY!!!!

People who don't hate them and aren't PC's or Staff Chars: DANG MAKUTA

PC's or Staff Chars: DANG OTHER PC's

Some Staff Chars: DANGIT but the overlord deity who controls me wanted this to happen so meh we can rebuild.

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

---

I channel my self-hatred into Xerov, and that one worked out well. :3

- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Back on topic. Seeing that the Turaga will die in the near-future, I wonder what the island will be like after their deaths, especially seeing that they were pretty much icons to the Matoran; representatives of their hope for the future; symbols of the fact that they would still be okay no matter how dangerous the world around them was.

And now they're gone.

Yes, they're almost, like... six pillars of wisdom keeping Three Virtues in the hearts and minds of the Matoran...

I realized I'm probably the only person who can get that reference, but for pretty much everyone else, this is about the Peer's plot. It's called the triangle plan, and with good reason.

Xa-Koroans who are still alive and people who hate them: YAY!!!!

People who don't hate them and aren't PC's or Staff Chars: DANG MAKUTA

Yup! Let's all blame the Makuta for their deaths. =D

I channel my self-hatred into Xerov, and that one worked out well. :3

- Vorex

--------------

I channel my vast, vast ego into... Oh, right.

I channel my love of rainbow bread/cookies/bakeable food matter into Noka, as shall be seen in a future WotzGrav post of delicious jamminess.

#shamelessadvertising

I mean, do you know hard it is to seem evil and kick puppies?

It comes naturally for me, actually. But yet I have no evil characters at the moment.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

DIrector, this is in no way meant to be rude, but try playing a full pure hero here. Have them interact with all the forces of darkness on this island, have them encounter the worst of the worst time and time again, and try and keep them pure. Without having them become a Mary Sue.

It's possible, but very, very difficult. And personally, I don't like perfect heros. I find them boring. No flaws, no places for them to develop into better heros.

Hence why I hate Superman.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

DIrector, this is in no way meant to be rude, but try playing a full pure hero here. Have them interact with all the forces of darkness on this island, have them encounter the worst of the worst time and time again, and try and keep them pure. Without having them become a Mary Sue. It's possible, but very, very difficult. And personally, I don't like perfect heros. I find them boring. No flaws, no places for them to develop into better heros. Hence why I hate Superman.

---I hate superman because he only has one weakness, making him incredibly boring.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

DIrector, this is in no way meant to be rude, but try playing a full pure hero here. Have them interact with all the forces of darkness on this island, have them encounter the worst of the worst time and time again, and try and keep them pure. Without having them become a Mary Sue. It's possible, but very, very difficult. And personally, I don't like perfect heros. I find them boring. No flaws, no places for them to develop into better heros. Hence why I hate Superman.

---I hate superman because he only has one weakness, making him incredibly boring.

---

Lets stay away from Superman talk because soon it'll devolve into how you guys think Chris Nolan and David S. Goyer will be able to turn Superman into a character who can be developed.

AAAAANYWAYS, The reason Perfect Hero's don't really work is because they can never go from imperfect to better, which, in Writer terms, is called "Character Development for the people who aren't evil."

This might just be me, but there's only 1 character I've read of who is a hero and didn't develop in terms of 'being a good guy and how'. And that would be Skyra, whose current gender finally matches his/her name.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Reaction: :bah-sign:

I would like to direct you both to this video called "Explaining Superman" on that video site we can't mention. That is all.

(If you have complaints after that, take it to PMs)

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

This might just be me, but there's only 1 character I've read of who is a hero and didn't develop in terms of 'being a good guy and how'. And that would be Skyra, whose current gender finally matches his/her name.

Ha. Ha. Ha ha ha.
I'm terribly sorry, but I've seen more development in Skyra than I have in most, if not all, of your characters put together. Thank you, try again later.
Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

This may come as a shock, but development doesn't mean getting a better weapon and changing your appearance. Skyra did stuff like, I don't know, watch his best friend become a monster. That causes development, JL.

You should try it.

Edited by Relapse

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

---

---

I dunno. I channel that desire into writing, creating worlds full of my own dark nightmares and stuff like that.

Kinda like a cheap lovecraftian fanfic mixed with "Silence of the lambs"...

Come 2013, I shall re-use all my characters, I'm in the midst of writing a plot that should link them all together...

Except for the ones that are in your plots of course.

-Toa Daedra Plot Update-

The Bard of Avon

I'd just like to take a second to be real with you guys: for the longest time as of late, I haven't felt nearly as inspired with my ICs. Nothing flowed, nothing seemed to click with me emotionally, and I felt like I was doing everyone I interacted with, everyone who followed me, a disservice. This post changes all that for me: I truly believe it to be one of the best stories I've yet told on BZP, if not in general.

In one fell swoop, I feel that I have truly developed Venedico/Envy into someone who is not just a supporting character in another man's plotline, more than just a background character, a sin to fill a team, but someone I'm truly proud to play as, and I'd like to take a moment to thank my amazing, amazing friends Eyru and EW, as well as everyone involved in the Daedra plot, for giving me the chance to create this story with you all. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my black sarcastic spiteful little heart, to everyone who takes the time to read this and tries to interpret it as not a work of literature, but as a labor of love.

You guys are the best.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Merry Christmas!

From the Bzprpg Staff to all of you, we hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.

I would also like to personally thank all of you who have been so faithfully playing this game. A lot of work is done both visibly and behind-the-scenes to make it what it is, and it is great to see so many players write their hearts out and make this an enjoyable experience for everyone. Possibly one of the greatest Christmas presents for me is seeing how hard and how well many of you write, seeing the magnificent posts and amazing lives that our characters live in these forums. To see honest work, emotion, and character development is such a wonderful experience, and it brings me great joy to read it. Truly it is better to give than it is to receive, to to see you kids give your hearts out on these fictional characters is, well, a blessing. It doesn't matter how long you have been playing, or how developed your character is, there is always room for improvement, and so far you've all been proving that point. Just as a reminder this isn't a contest on who can make the most spectacular post or who can develop your character the farthest, because it is a never-ending process; one can never ever truly win that game. As long as you do your best, write your best, then be happy and satisfied in your work.

Have a happy holiday season everyone!

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

-Toa Daedra Plot Update- http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=115&p=481235]The Bard of Avon[/url] I'd just like to take a second to be real with you guys: for the longest time as of late, I haven't felt nearly as inspired with my ICs. Nothing flowed, nothing seemed to click with me emotionally, and I felt like I was doing everyone I interacted with, everyone who followed me, a disservice. This post changes all that for me: I truly believe it to be one of the best stories I've yet told on BZP, if not in general. In one fell swoop, I feel that I have truly developed Venedico/Envy into someone who is not just a supporting character in another man's plotline, more than just a background character, a sin to fill a team, but someone I'm truly proud to play as, and I'd like to take a moment to thank my amazing, amazing friends Eyru and EW, as well as everyone involved in the Daedra plot, for giving me the chance to create this story with you all. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my black sarcastic spiteful little heart, to everyone who takes the time to read this and tries to interpret it as not a work of literature, but as a labor of love. You guys are the best. -Tyler
This was possibly the best, the most identifiable, take on the sin of Envy that I have ever read. Magnificent, just magnificent.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Kehuri's old fears play up. (Sorry about the linking. It's impossible to do right on a phone.

This, my friends, is how a great mind begins to break.I just want to thank my incredible friends none of you, and also no one else, because literally everyone hates Kyju.

---Gonna be frank with you, KNI, that was a really jarring read. It came on too suddenly, and escalated too quickly. I can understand how hard it is to pace oneself in writing, though, having struggled so much with it. I probably still am. Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord