BIONICLE Cake Toppers

Sybre

Now sure where this belongs but here it goes.

My family used to get Birthday Express magazines in the mail. Birthday Express is a company that sells party supplies and Halloween costumes (which is in Costume Express). My brother and I used to read the magazines and we got a few birthday party supplies from them, including BIONICLE and Knights' Kingdom (anyone remember that?). Well, I one time got these cake toppers from them a few years back, and I had them ever since. I was wondering if anyone else had them or if they knew about them. Maybe some photographic evidence will help.

These cake toppers are surprisingly set accurate, with Vakama's head being the one exception. The set-like detail on these guys are astonishing, considering they aren't as tall as a standing roll of toilet paper. The only movable parts on them are on the arms, but action scenes are hard to pull off. I'm rather disappointed that the whole team or even the Visorak were not produced in such a manner. I would have tried to get Nokama, Nuju, Whenua, and Onewa cake toppers if they were ever made. They would add a little more play ability to Vakama and Matau, something these two really needed. So, anyway, here's that photographic evidence I promised earlier.

Vakama and Matau, back-to-back

Vakama Front View

Matau Front View

Sword Clash!

If you want some more pictures, just say so! These guys aren't going anywhere! And before anyone might ask, I'm not really interested in selling these. They're probably the rarest BIONICLE-related objects I own and you can't buy these anywhere else, not even online (as far as I know). Despite their rarity, I doubt I can get much off of them anyway.

So, how about you guys? Do you know of the elusive BIONICLE cake toppers only sold through one distributor? Birthday Express doesn't carry any BIONICLE- related supplies anymore (big shocker!), so there's a chance that these two cake toppers may be the only ones left in existence! Unless you or someone else happens to own a pair of them. What do you have to say?

Edited by Sybre the Mental

mindeth the cobwebs

I really didn't know these existed. Do you know if they're still available?

EDIT: Derp I didn't see that you mentioned that

But I'm quite impressed with the accuracy. AND THOSE TINY BALL JOINTS :3

Edited by Master of all Kopekes
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I remember seeing these in a Store back in 2005.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Are you sure they're cake toppers? They look an awful lot like McDonald's Happy Meal Toys...

I don't know about the sale of any cake toppers, but I do know that some online balloon shops sell Bionicle balloons still.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Are you sure they're cake toppers? They look an awful lot like McDonald's Happy Meal Toys...

I don't know about the sale of any cake toppers, but I do know that some online balloon shops sell Bionicle balloons still.

I'm 100% sure that these are cake toppers. I saw them in the magazine, I saw them in the package that came to my door, and I saw them on my cake. Besides, BIONICLE Happy Meal toys still have more joints than these guys.

Not sure why anyone would still carry those, but that's cool!

And I checked Amazon and Birthday Express itself. There's no BIONICLE cake toppers in either of those places and BE doesn't have BIONICLE merchandise anymore.

mindeth the cobwebs

Those are definitely cake toppers, and not McDonald's promotions or anything like that. I (also^^) remember seeing them in a Birthday Express catalog in 2005.

Have you searched on ebay yet to check to see if anyone else is selling Toa Hordika cake toppers? Though I agree that it's fairly unlikely that another person saved their Bionicle cake toppers in 2005, you might want to check to see if anyone else is selling them, since all sorts of odd things tend to pop up on ebay. If your pair turns out to be the only pair that still exists, well, then, congratulations!

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Those are definitely cake toppers, and not McDonald's promotions or anything like that. I (also^^) remember seeing them in a Birthday Express catalog in 2005.

Have you searched on ebay yet to check to see if anyone else is selling Toa Hordika cake toppers? Though I agree that it's fairly unlikely that another person saved their Bionicle cake toppers in 2005, you might want to check to see if anyone else is selling them, since all sorts of odd things tend to pop up on ebay. If your pair turns out to be the only pair that still exists, well, then, congratulations!

They're actually on eBay right now! Go there and search "BIONICLE cake"! Hurry! You only have a day left!

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

I never see there before,and why Vakama looks like a red Matau repaint with he's Toa Tools?

I guess they wanted to spend as little money as possible to make these, and also save time. So I guess it only took 5 molds to make a complete pair.

mindeth the cobwebs

I still have most of the Birthday Express 2004 Toa Metru party set.

What was in that set?

Not a whole lot. Mostly just paper decorations with the Toa on them. I still have the invitations and thank you notes (or, at least, one of them each), the balloon, and the Rhutoka Yoyo (despite being Toa Metru themed...), as well as a strange yellow or blue (mine's yellow) plastic flat spinning top thing that doesn't seem to have anything to do with BIONICLE. I wish I still had one of the placemats, but those all got cake on them.

I still have most of the Birthday Express 2004 Toa Metru party set.

What was in that set?

Not a whole lot. Mostly just paper decorations with the Toa on them. I still have the invitations and thank you notes (or, at least, one of them each), the balloon, and the Rhutoka Yoyo (despite being Toa Metru themed...), as well as a strange yellow or blue (mine's yellow) plastic flat spinning top thing that doesn't seem to have anything to do with BIONICLE. I wish I still had one of the placemats, but those all got cake on them.
I think I know what you're talking about! I believe some of that stuff came with my cake toppers.

And did anyone bid on those on eBay yet?

mindeth the cobwebs

I neeeeeeed this. Seriously, I am going to bid on this item now.

It's too late no.w The bid was probably off by yesterday because it ran out of time. As far as I know, no one's placed any bids. That was probably the last chance to ever buy these unless another owner pops up wanting to sell them. I'm sorry. :(

mindeth the cobwebs

Well, if nobody won the item, you can always send the seller a message asking them to relist it or buy-it-now.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I considered bidding on them, though after a few minutes of deliberation I decided that despite being amazingly detailed and rare, they weren't necessarily worth spending my money on. I do appreciate that you started this topic and showed me the ebay link, Sybre.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Well, if nobody won the item, you can always send the seller a message asking them to relist it or buy-it-now.

There is that! But I don't remember who the seller was.

I considered bidding on them, though after a few minutes of deliberation I decided that despite being amazingly detailed and rare, they weren't necessarily worth spending my money on. I do appreciate that you started this topic and showed me the ebay link, Sybre.

Well, that's your choice. And you're welcome, but thank you for expressing your appreciation! I'm glad I started this topic.

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs