Biggest Bionicle Dissapointment

Also, the fact that (some) Bohrok are just mutated, reprogrammed Av-Matoran. That's just stupid. They have barely anything in common, they're almost polar opposites. Matoran are living beings, creators, while Bohrok are cold, mechanical destroyers.

I do think the choice of Av-Matoran specifically was pretty bizarre, but I was glad they finally addressed the relationship between Bohrok and Matoran. There was a great post on the Faber Files recently that shows how far back their kinship goes in the development of Bionicle.

Also, I'm not a big fan of the whole Velika twist. Velika was one of my favorite 2006 characters, and it was because he and his friends reminded me of the oddball Matoran characters we saw back in the MNOLG, like Kapura and all them. I wish Greg didn't see eccentricity as evidence that a character is secretly a villain.

• Upvote 2

Also, I'm not a big fan of the whole Velika twist. Velika was one of my favorite 2006 characters, and it was because he and his friends reminded me of the oddball Matoran characters we saw back in the MNOLG, like Kapura and all them. I wish Greg didn't see eccentricity as evidence that a character is secretly a villain.

Odd, I've always heard people wish that Greg didn't see eccentricity as evidence that a character is secretly a Great Being (who just so happened to have been a villain).

Edited by JAG18

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Odd, I've always heard people wish that Greg didn't see eccentricity as evidence that a character is secretly a Great Being (who just so happened to have been a villain).

Well, that's what I'm complaining about, isn't it? Not sure what you're getting at.

Edited by Wrinkledlion X

Mata Nui being destroyed during the great spirit robot fight on Spherus Magnus was terrible, after ten years of storyline aswell, it's a bit like watching a whole film only for the character to wake up and it "all was just a dream", The End. Mata Nui was my favorite storyline arc, as I believe it was for most people, and destroying it was downright offensive. In fact, I refuse to accept it as canon.

The Bohrok Kal were defeated badly I think, it seemed cheesy and.... Disney. It all built up to that point, then the Toa just focus their energy? How about no.

Infact, everything after Mata Nui. I love Bionicle as it is, but it could have been much better if they had stuck to Mata Nui for longer...

Stars Tahu was appauling. It didn't match the old Tahu models, and his jaw stuck out of the bottom of his mask, making him look goofy.

All the different Makuta, over one hundred of them, what? ONE Makuta took several Toa teams and several story arcs to defeat, but the other 99 are defeated by a few Toa in the space between Voya Nui and Spherus Magnus? How can 99 Makuta be so much weaker than Teridax?

Bionicle: The Legend Reborn was horrible too. It didn't follow the same design as the first three films, the sounds were cheesy, it was cheesy in it's physics and alleged humour, and they all had Americanised voices. The film and story was too quick, and it barely made sense, despite how simple it was in essence.

The whole ending of Bionicle was ridiculously quick for such an epic storyline.

The idea of all the different islands being housed inside a robot was pretty bad. It doesn't make sense according to the laws of physics, and it also means the planet the robot stands on must be absolutely massive.

Takanuva's voice in The Mask of Light also bothered me, it was too high, and while I don't mean to hate on gay people, it made it much harder for me to connect with the character.

The Red Star seems silly to me, if someone is dead, they're dead, also it never seemed properly explained to me. The fact that Toa such as Nikila were supposedly "revived on the red star never to come back" seems disrespectful to me, just a cop out of saying they're actually dead. I mean, what sort of existence is it, shooting lightning bolts every now and then? I don't understrand the red star at all, it can't literally be a star, because if the Toa Nuva teleported there once, they couldn't teleport into the middle of a blazing ball of gases. So is it mechanical, like a death star? They never expained it properly, and for that, I think the Red Star was rubbish.

On topic, other people have mentioned "The Legend of Mata Nui". Is the beta available for download anywhere, as I hear it was distributed in the Toa Mata canisters in limited amounts?

I have no qualms with the first three movies though, I liked them, and the online animations, and the MNOG were LEGENDARY.

Takanuva's voice in The Mask of Light also bothered me, it was too high, and while I don't mean to hate on gay people, it made it much harder for me to connect with the character.

Uh... what does the pitch of someone's voice have to do with whether they're gay or not? This is a confusing sort of point to bring up.

• Upvote 2

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

All the different Makuta, over one hundred of them, what? ONE Makuta took several Toa teams and several story arcs to defeat, but the other 99 are defeated by a few Toa in the space between Voya Nui and Spherus Magnus? How can 99 Makuta be so much weaker than Teridax?

Dragon, there weren't 99 Makuta other than Teridax at the start of the Voya Nui arc; not even close. Several who were loyal to Miserix were killed by Teridax or his followers after his rebellion and takeover of the brotherhood, and the Makuta of Stelt and Spiriah were both killed by Miserix after he escaped from his prison during the Karda Nui arc. All of the remaining Makuta, save Teridax, were hunted down and killed after said Makuta's takeover of the MU. In fact, every single Makuta that we have a record of the death of has been killed by another Makuta, never a Toa or a member of another species.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew
  • Upvote 1

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Uh... what does the pitch of someone's voice have to do with whether they're gay or not? This is a confusing sort of point to bring up.

Confusing and homophobic. As a general rule, if you have to preface a statement with "I don't mean to hate on [group], but...", it would probably be wiser to just keep your trap shut.

• Upvote 4
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Mata Nui being destroyed during the great spirit robot fight on Spherus Magnus was terrible, after ten years of storyline aswell, it's a bit like watching a whole film only for the character to wake up and it "all was just a dream", The End. Mata Nui was my favorite storyline arc, as I believe it was for most people, and destroying it was downright offensive. In fact, I refuse to accept it as canon.

The Bohrok Kal were defeated badly I think, it seemed cheesy and.... Disney. It all built up to that point, then the Toa just focus their energy? How about no.

Infact, everything after Mata Nui. I love Bionicle as it is, but it could have been much better if they had stuck to Mata Nui for longer...

Stars Tahu was appauling. It didn't match the old Tahu models, and his jaw stuck out of the bottom of his mask, making him look goofy.

Bionicle: The Legend Reborn was horrible too. It didn't follow the same design as the first three films, the sounds were cheesy, it was cheesy in it's physics and alleged humour, and they all had Americanised voices. The film and story was too quick, and it barely made sense, despite how simple it was in essence.

The idea of all the different islands being housed inside a robot was pretty bad. It doesn't make sense according to the laws of physics, and it also means the planet the robot stands on must be absolutely massive.

The Red Star seems silly to me, if someone is dead, they're dead, also it never seemed properly explained to me. The fact that Toa such as Nikila were supposedly "revived on the red star never to come back" seems disrespectful to me, just a cop out of saying they're actually dead. I mean, what sort of existence is it, shooting lightning bolts every now and then? I don't understrand the red star at all, it can't literally be a star, because if the Toa Nuva teleported there once, they couldn't teleport into the middle of a blazing ball of gases. So is it mechanical, like a death star? They never expained it properly, and for that, I think the Red Star was rubbish.

On topic, other people have mentioned "The Legend of Mata Nui". Is the beta available for download anywhere, as I hear it was distributed in the Toa Mata canisters in limited amounts?

I have no qualms with the first three movies though, I liked them, and the online animations, and the MNOG were LEGENDARY.

Honestly, you seem to be misinformed about a lot of things, though your homophobic comment was the worst of the bunch.

*Destroying the Mata Nui arc? Are you referring to the island itself or the robot? If you meant the island, then it absolutely had to be destroyed for the great spirit robot to wake up, because it was on top of its face. That was the point of the entire eight year story. If you meant the robot, it was possessed by Teridax at the time; what would you have preferred?

* The next three are all valid; I happened to think that the Stars Tahu was goofy looking also.

*I've already mentioned my thoughts on your point about the Brotherhood of Makuta, which you clearly knew nothing about.

*The placement of the entire MU inside a robot had been planned and fully fleshed out since 2001, as concept designer Christian Faber recently revealed in his blog. Actually, it makes perfect sense according to physics, considering how large each island (Island of Mata Nui~361 miles) was relative to the robot, which was roughly 40 million feet tall, or the height of Earth. The gravity generated by the mass of that robot would have been plenty to keep those islands upright. Each was also in it's own containing dome, making any gravitational issues unlikely. Spherus Magna, and even Bara Magna, was incredibly massive, and clear size comparisons between the robot and the planet have been drawn.

*There's a reason why the Red Star was equipped with it's "send back the deceased" function; it was because the resources to create new Matoran were limited, and it was ridiculously easy for the great beings to set up a system to teleport corpses to the Red Star, give them life again, and then send them back. They created technology like that all the time. And it's even less challenging because Matoran, as well as all other MU species, were created artificially. If a Matoran dies, he or she isn't necessarily dead forever, contrary to what you thought. They aren't organic people like us; their brains are constructed like computer hard drives, and it's as simple as just building a new, blank, hard drive and uploading all of the old data on to it.

There isn't any reason why the persons on the Red Star couldn't be teleported to Spherus Magna, if the Kestora were avoided. What kind of existence is it? A hopeful one, now that Pohatu and Kopaka are there.

Of course it's mechanical; how else could it possibly have received corpses teleported from the MU otherwise? It's stated very clearly that it was created by the great beings along with the great spirit robot, and it acted as a receiver of MU corpses and a place where fresh bodies and minds could be given to the deceased, as well as a sort of jet pack for the robot while it was traveling. But you appear to have missed that, along with everything else.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew
  • Upvote 1

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Mata Nui was my favorite storyline arc, as I believe it was for most people, and destroying it was downright offensive. In fact, I refuse to accept it as canon.

Why shouldn't it be? It wasn't Mata Nui anymore, it was Teridax. And besides, its not like the inhabitants didn't have anywhere to got to afterwards.

And with Bara Magna back to Spherus Magna the whole robot thing would've been absolute. Either way, destroyed or not, I'd like to think the Matorans would use the robot(s) to rebuild their lives on Spherus Magna.

I really do not see how you can compair an ending of Disney with the defeat of th Kal.

The Bohrok are very alien in nature and anatomy compaired to anything else from Spherus or the MU, so they had to be defeated in a very differant way.

I thought that the whole "powerless Toa that are supposed to be more powerful than a regular Toa reduced to helplessly bystand while doom works its hand" scenario pretty enticing.

It was... differant, yeah. More akin to what Hero Factory is now.

The opinion on that is extremely varied.

The first thing I fully agree on.

Bionicle should've left with a bang so great that anybody who knew a slightest smidgen about it would be going back for seconds.

Instead, we got a sort-of whimper...

Tell that to whoever owns a TARDIS :P

For all we know the inside of a giant robot could be a pocket dimension in its own or a fold-space. (both things mathematical possabilities in Quantum physics ;) ).

Myeah, all Matoran voices were immature and childlike in the movies. Made it hard to believe that Jaller was a gaurd captain and basically the millitary chief on Mata Nui Island and that Takua was an adventure veteran...

But what does it have to do with homosexuality?

That was the Red Star's purpos, the regeneration of lost units inside the MU. Wich is the solution to a later expendable worker race without any methode or capabilities of reproduction or procreation (unlike Agori and Glatorians).

But, like with most things the Great Beings came up with, it went wrong/defective.

The only reason why it was called the Red Star was that it looked like one in the night sky for the Matorans on the Mata Nui Island. It doesn't imply that its an actual ball of spinning plasma,in fact, its extremely smaller than one. Its not like stuff like this has never been used before, look at the Photon Torpeodo in Star Trek.

As this thread points out, there are a lot of issues and problemssurrounding that.

Basically the answer is "no".

If I remember correctly, the remainder of Makuta where ultimatly destroyed when Teridax rose to power.

All the other Makuta deaths were either because of conflicts amongst the ranks or back-stabbing.

No Toa ever killed a Makuta.

Edited by Tattorack

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Myeah, all Matoran voices were immature and childlike in the movies. Made it hard to believe that Jaller was a gaurd captain and basically the millitary chief on Mata Nui Island and that Takua was an adventure veteran...

But what does it have to do with homosexuality?

Bah, I think he's just so insecure about his own masculinity (though probably not his sexuality) that if someone's voice isn't "manly" enough, he can't see them being straight... now we're getting into a different topic altogether, but in any case, it is a pretty dumb thing to say.

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

If I remember correctly, the remainder of Makuta where ultimatly destroyed when Teridax rose to power.

All the other Makuta deaths were either because of conflicts amongst the ranks or back-stabbing.

No Toa ever killed a Makuta.

Actually, Zaria did, but who really cares about Zaria? He was barely a character by the time the story ended. :P

Edited by Angel Bob
  • Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Bah, I think he's just so insecure about his own masculinity (though probably not his sexuality) that if someone's voice isn't "manly" enough, he can't see them being straight... now we're getting into a different topic altogether, but in any case, it is a pretty dumb thing to say.

Agreed. And lets leave it at that before the subject runs off in three differant directions.

Actually, Zaria did, but who really cares about Zaria? He was barely a character by the time the story ended. :P

And who gives half a Tarakava toenail about him!?

....... I do, thanks for mentioning because I forgot that part about Zaria :D

And who gives half a Tarakava toenail about him!?

....... I do, thanks for mentioning because I forgot that part about Zaria :D

Aww I liked Zaria personally. I was so into the new Toa they introduced, which was why I wasn't too happy when they left the story hanging like that. So much potential...

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Aww I liked Zaria personally. I was so into the new Toa they introduced, which was why I wasn't too happy when they left the story hanging like that. So much potential...

Me too. More the "left hanging" part than the "Zaria" part though.

The Bionicle Stars sets.

I...just...I...

No.

Tahu is kinda cool...

Everyone else though...

Wow, I've been here for about 2 days, and I've gotten band-waggoned against because I said I find it difficult to connect with a gay in a film.

This is a forum so supposedly uptight and family friendly that we can't even swear, but I'm seeing flaming everywhere. Not a good start.

I haven't got time to respond to everyone's complaints, so I will justify everything I said chronologically.

The above quote is one of two misinformed suggestions I made. I was under the impression that Mata Nui had been destroyed during the robot fight finale, not on Aqua Magna earlier. I thought Mata Nui was inside the great spirit robot's head. I was talking about the Mata Nui island, I thought it was destroyed in the spirit robot fight. I don't care about the GSR robot itself.

How difficult is that to understand? If you liked it fine, but you must see where I'm coming from. It's very cheesy because the Toa focused on "unity", it's just magic, it isn't properly explained, it's a childlike and very basic teamwork morale.

Nobody complained about that.

Nor did anyone complain about that.

So the Makuta killed themselves / Teridax arranged it. Fair dues. That was my second misunderstanding.

Nor did anyone disagree with me there.

Nobody complained about me saying that.

This legit bothered me. If you lot are so attached to your nostalgia you want to find ways to justify it then that's fine, but this is an obvious weak point in the story. If the robot is as tall as earth, Spherus Magnus must be ridiculously big.

Why did everyone freak out over this one? I'm not scared of saying anything, and people who don't say certain things due to being afraid of surprising other people are lying to themselves, and that is a weakness in oneself created by conformity, which is a destructive cycle because it creates the impression that certain subjects are a taboo to talk about, which is silly. We can talk about this maturely. I have a high voice too, and I am dead scared of it, so the masculinity flame was pretty close, actually. Takanuva is supposed to be a Hero, and for the purposes of the film, his high voice distracted me and ruined it. It made him sound gay is what I said, though perhaps a little more subtly. Don't try and tell me gays with high voices is a stereotype, I know gays in real life, and this is true of them. Gays often have high voices, so I made the link with Takanuva and gays, which ruined the film for me. I don't dislike gays, I am not cruel to them, I have no problem with them doing whatever they want, but when they're rights infringe on mine, that is an atrocity. Because Takanuva sounded gay, I couldn't connect with him easily, feel empathy for him, etcetera. You could extend that to saying I couldn't feel empathy for gays if you're really intent on making me out as a Homophobic. That may be true, but regardless of whether I feel empathy for someone, I still have to be nice to them, like you might be with your boss. It's not my fault if I don't feel empathy with them, we are not the same. We are similar, yes. I am not hating on gays, I am saying I could not connect with a gay character in a film, or a character perceived as gay. Telling me Bionicles don't have sexual interests doesn't change anything, the Bionicles in the film are voices by real people for cinematic purposes, and that means we will pick up on their tone of voice. Takanuva sounded gay to me. That is how I perceived him, and it reduced my capability to put myself in his shoes. This is nothing to do with Homophobia. I can deal with gays, more than most people do, I've been in a couple fights defending them because it affects me when I see other people ganging on them. I'm just saying I don't want to watch films with gay people in them because it means I can't understand the character anymore. That is my right, and noone should have a problem with it. Maybe you all misunderstood me, but now I've explained myself fully, I hope you don't have any more problems with the various factors that stop me from enjoying a film.

I get that now based on how other people have explained it, or atleast a bit more, but I still think it's unneccessary. Regardless of how early Greg planned the GSU, I would have preferred Mata Nui be a completely natural island in a natural world... that would have been so cool. The Red Star itself though seems like a cheat out of characters dying as they would in real life.. I know the story behind it, of it not working and stuff.

That's a shame to hear.

Nobody quoted me on that.

That's everything. Sorry if I sounded blunt and rude, but you just ticked me off pretty badly. I hope you don't genuinely have any problems with me, I have better places to spend my time, and I won't spend it at a forum where everyone else is busy flaming me for something I didn't actually say.

Infact, just to make sure, I'm going to quote everyone.

Has everything. High pitches sound gay. Takanuva sounded gay. Gays often have high pitched voices, which is why Takanuva sounded gay; high pitched voice. This is a simple observation.

Confusing and homophobic. As a general rule, if you have to preface a statement with "I don't mean to hate on [group], but...", it would probably be wiser to just keep your trap shut.

If you are still confused, feel free to read my full post. Perhaps I worded it wrong be saying anything about hating on gays, I was trying to avoid a difficult topic before you guys plunged in head first. I was talking about gays, I said I didn't like a gay voice being in a film, and I don't believe that is hate. If you do believe that is hate, then I'm sorry, but I think you might need to grow a tougher skin. Nor am I homophobic. I'm amiable to gay people, more so than most, and I've already said that I've defended them before. Not wanting to hear their voice 24/7 is not a phobia.

@Artakha's nephew

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I can't help but feel you are having a dig at me there.

Here are yours:

Honestly, you seem to be misinformed about a lot of things, though your homophobic comment was the worst of the bunch.

I am misinformed about a lot, I think I understand more now, about the location of Mata Nui island, the Makuta, etceterta. That can't be helped with a 10 year storyline.

I refuse to accept any negligence on the part of my "homophobic" comment. You can read what I said to everyone else if the following doesn't satisfy you: I don't like their voices, and I don't want it in a film. I don't have any other problem with gays, and I am very amiable to them, just like I would be anyone else.

*Destroying the Mata Nui arc? Are you referring to the island itself or the robot? If you meant the island, then it absolutely had to be destroyed for the great spirit robot to wake up, because it was on top of its face. That was the point of the entire eight year story. If you meant the robot, it was possessed by Teridax at the time; what would you have preferred?

You are probably the only person who realised I was talking about the island. I thought it was inside the GSU's head like Metru Nui. Silly me. I would have preferred Mata Nui be the entirety of Bionicle and screw the entire GSU plot, but we can't have that, so the current storyline is good enough. :)

I really do not see how you can compair an ending of Disney with the defeat of th Kal.

The Bohrok are very alien in nature and anatomy compaired to anything else from Spherus or the MU, so they had to be defeated in a very differant way.

I thought that the whole "powerless Toa that are supposed to be more powerful than a regular Toa reduced to helplessly bystand while doom works its hand" scenario pretty enticing.

The way the Bohrok were defeated was like magic, the message seems to have been "teamwork".

It reminds me of the old pokemon film where Ash dies and all the pokemon cry and bring him back. It's that cheesy.

It's dumb that I don't like high pitched, gay voices? Why, going by your logic, you are discriminating against those of a lower intellect by suggesting that my opinion which you found negative was comparable to "dumb". Also, that was blatant flaming.

That should do.

Please, don't do that to me again. I won't stay. So much effort.

Like I said, apologies if I sounded cranky, some of those messages ticked me off for being ten times more ignorant than anything I've ever done or said. Thanks for the information on the Brotherhood of Makuta, and the Red Star anyway.

Has everything. High pitches sound gay. Takanuva sounded gay. Gays often have high pitched voices, which is why Takanuva sounded gay; high pitched voice. This is a simple observation.

What. What is with this preconceived notion that gays often have higher pitched voices? This is an offensive stereotype that I suggest you discard. There is no correlation between sexuality and pitch of voice, and there is no such thing as "sounding gay".

Wow, I've been here for about 2 days, and I've gotten band-waggoned against because I said I find it difficult to connect with a gay in a film.

This is a forum so supposedly uptight and family friendly that we can't even swear, but I'm seeing flaming everywhere. Not a good start.

How is there a gay in the film? Was it explicitly stated? No, you were just assuming based on your own preconceptions of that "gays often sound like that" due to your own experiences in encountering them. However, you don't have any actual substantial fact to back up this assumption since your sample size is likely to be too insignificant to make any sort of judgement. The rest of us who do have friends of this orientation can clarify that your statement is not true, and science has yet to discover that people who are gay have a genetic predisposition to have higher pitched voices, rendering your statement null and void. Furthermore, for example, in the entertainment industry, there remain many prominent gay males with voices that are not high pitched, showing that this idea of a "high pitched voice" is just a misconception and a stereotype, nor are the people who are high pitched predominantly gay.

Onto the actual topic at hand, the largest disappointments I would say are the "reskins" of Bohrok into Bohrok-Kal. The pieces themselves didn't differ, colour aside and faceshield/arm shields aside.

In terms of actual storyline, in my opinion, the Red Star reviving beings felt rather unnecessary. It practically reversed most of the deaths, and gave the actual sacrifices ie Lhikan less meaning, seeing how he would be brought back.

Edited by Yagami Kumi
  • Upvote 1

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Well, my own voice is fairly high-pitched, so I guess that makes me gay.

I mean, I don't FEEL gay. I don't THINK I'm gay, but apparently, my voice is the deciding factor, and this guy is such an expert on the subject, so who am I to argue? Oops, I mean "blatant flaming."

Good Lord...

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 2

I'm just really confused 'cause Takanuva's voice was more echoey and hollow than high pitched, I thought it was really cool when I was a youngun' 'cause it sounded totally mystical and heroic to me. Don't give him flack for that, it's not like he sad he h8s teh gays or whatever, the voice just threw him off. I can tooootally relate, there's been plenty of characters in television that I just didn't like or couldn't connect with for a long time 'cause their pitch or accents were so distracting or sounded way off to me. No need to get up in arms, especially for one comment about an experience he had in the past.

I think my biggest disappointment was that we didn't really get much of a look at how our beloved island Matoran reacted to and adapted to Metru Nui. I would've loved to see them slowly start to remember things, like deja vu when they return to their old workplaces or something. It would've been a totally emotional thing, 'cause like, that was their real home, but also they were leaving their new home behind, and watching the city come back to life and get rebuilt and everthing woulda been neat. A little more than a passing mention of the efforts from Turaga Dume in the first Legends book would've been great, you know? That's just something I was hoping to see.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Sorry, I just... what he's suggesting sounds truly dumb to me. I'm not making fun of him or trying to start something. I genuinely can't understand what he's getting at because it sounds so silly to me. That's all.

• Upvote 1

This is not the time or the place to start or participate in personal attacks against other members. BZPower's Rules and Guidelines:

"Respect your fellow members. Time to be cliche: treat others as you wish to be treated. You should not degrade, insult, or make fun of anyone on this site."

"There is no flaming. Flaming makes for a negative atmosphere and it will not be tolerated. That means you should avoid yelling at and needlessly criticizing other members."

Additionally, the following rule is just as important:

"BZPower does not condone intolerance. If a member treats another member with disdain or contempt because of race, religious preference, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or a similar quality or belief, the member will face administrative action up to and including banning if severe enough."

dragon, please understand how your comments comments come across as homophobic and how they can offend other members.

However, Nick, that was not the proper way to respond to the comments. While education is important, you yourself need to stay within BZPower's guidelines and refrain from attacks.

Please discontinue the discussion.

Edited by -Windrider-

It's dumb that I don't like high pitched, gay voices? Why, going by your logic, you are discriminating against those of a lower intellect by suggesting that my opinion which you found negative was comparable to "dumb". Also, that was blatant flaming.

wtf.jpg

Good sir please do show what statistic explains high pitch = gay.

Well, my own voice is fairly high-pitched, so I guess that makes me gay.

Yep, apparently now it does :D

This legit bothered me. If you lot are so attached to your nostalgia you want to find ways to justify it then that's fine, but this is an obvious weak point in the story. If the robot is as tall as earth, Spherus Magnus must be ridiculously big.

Nothing to do with nostalgia of Bionicle.

Sci-Fi has been having things like thatfor ages.

And like I said before, fold-space and pocket dimesnion are mathametical possabilities in Quantum physics.

I get that now based on how other people have explained it, or atleast a bit more, but I still think it's unneccessary. Regardless of how early Greg planned the GSU, I would have preferred Mata Nui be a completely natural island in a natural world... that would have been so cool. The Red Star itself though seems like a cheat out of characters dying as they would in real life.. I know the story behind it, of it not working and stuff.

So, then explain to us how else you sustain a biomechanical species of lifeforms that have no reproductive capabilities and without having to add any resources?

Recycling sounds like the best option any day.

The way the Bohrok were defeated was like magic, the message seems to have been "teamwork".

It reminds me of the old pokemon film where Ash dies and all the pokemon cry and bring him back. It's that cheesy.

"Unity, Duty, Destiny", notice the "Unity" part of the main Bionicle theme? (I don't believe they were talking about a web player).

Also, if you don't want a story with "magic" in it you've come to the wrong place. There are characters that can do load of things with just willpower alone.

The very act of summoning an element can be considered magic. (And to quote one of Arthur C. Clarke's laws, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.").

Besides, it was their power on those stones, an extension of themselves. No, it is them now. Its like have a third arm not directly attached to your body. It would be rather... lame... that you would be able to control that third arm.

Gays do have a particular speech pattern, and this often consists of their pitch aswell. There is an entire field called Lavendar Linguistics, which deals with research into it.

I was wrong to say Takanuva sounded gay just because of his pitch, the tone in his voice sounded gay to me. He was flamboyant. The pitch is probably less important than his general speech.

I have no problem or intolerance with gays at all, I'm trying to explain why I made the connection with Takanuva in the film, and I simply said this damaged my ability to connect with the film, because he was different in the film to how I had imagined him based on the rest of the Bionicle media.

So, then explain to us how else you sustain a biomechanical species of lifeforms that have no reproductive capabilities and without having to add any resources?

Recycling sounds like the best option any day.

They didn't have to be inert, Greg could have made it so they could reproduce. They don't need extra resources if they can live off the land.

I know the matoran are workers inside Mata Nui's body which are replenished when they die, I understand how it works, I just think Bionicle could have still been interesting based on biological beings on a natural island. As I understood it, matoran were biological at creation, most simply chose to have mechanical parts added. I might be mistaking them for Agori, however.

I would have preferred the tribal beings with mechanical implants storyline to the massive robot machine in space storyline, but we all like Bionicle as a whole, so everyone wins. :)

Gays do have a particular speech pattern, and this often consists of their pitch aswell. There is an entire field called Lavendar Linguistics, which deals with research into it.

I was wrong to say Takanuva sounded gay just because of his pitch, the tone in his voice sounded gay to me. He was flamboyant. The pitch is probably less important than his general speech.

Well, sort off.But you must REEEEAAAAALLLYYYYY pay attention to recognise the speach patterns.

George Cloony, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio are all either homosexual or bisexual (despite they've taken wives) and I cannot really see anysolid speach pattern differances...

I have no problem or intolerance with gays at all, I'm trying to explain why I made the connection with Takanuva in the film, and I simply said this damaged my ability to connect with the film, because he was different in the film to how I had imagined him based on the rest of the Bionicle media.

Noted. I was also thrown off by the childlike voices ofthe Matorans (in particularly Takua and Jaller), but calling it gay because of the pitch is considered stereotyping and doesn't sit well with most people.

They didn't have to be inert, Greg could have made it so they could reproduce. They don't need extra resources if they can live off the land.

I know the matoran are workers inside Mata Nui's body which are replenished when they die, I understand how it works, I just think Bionicle could have still been interesting based on biological beings on a natural island. As I understood it, matoran were biological at creation, most simply chose to have mechanical parts added. I might be mistaking them for Agori, however.

I would have preferred the tribal beings with mechanical implants storyline to the massive robot machine in space storyline, but we all like Bionicle as a whole, so everyone wins. :)

Greg isn't the original inventor of Bionicle. In fact, there was an entire team set upand that team came up with the idea together :P

Also, the whole working idea behind Bionicle was the unexpected thing of having biomechanical things in a totally orgnic setting. It was unexpected and the main reason why Bionicle was succesful to begin with.

About reproduction, it would only be logical that if you create something to be the drone within a bigger thing with limited amounts of spaceyou'd not give them the ability to reproduce to avoid overpopulation. On top of that, a Matoran could live well over 100,000 years and its only goal in life, its Destiny is to be that drone working inside a giant space fairing robot, so there is no time for them to raise children.

If we're still going on about voices in the first Bionicle movie, it was the female voices I disliked, particularly that of Gali I don't know, I just always disliked her. Also, not nearly enough Macku, Hafu, Hewki, or Matoro. Especially Matoro, what with him being the first Matoran we ever saw.

As for the 'death' of the Bohrok-Kal, it felt like a natural conclusion, they were so powerful compared to the weakened Toa Nuva that the only way to defeat them was to overload them, and they went out in style. Keep in mind this is coming from one of the bigger Bohrok fans around. I would have liked to hear creatures like the Bahrag and the Bohrok-Kal speak, but you can't have everything.

Then again, every time I read the comics and stories and stuff, I read Lehvak-Kal's voice as this high-pitched squeak, something I continue to this day.

As for the 'death' of the Bohrok-Kal, it felt like a natural conclusion, they were so powerful compared to the weakened Toa Nuva that the only way to defeat them was to overload them, and they went out in style. Keep in mind this is coming from one of the bigger Bohrok fans around. I would have liked to hear creatures like the Bahrag and the Bohrok-Kal speak, but you can't have everything.

Then again, every time I read the comics and stories and stuff, I read Lehvak-Kal's voice as this high-pitched squeak, something I continue to this day.

To be honest, the destruction of the Bohrok-Kal scared me silly. I had recently joined the Lego Club magazine that year, so I officially "started" paying attention to BIONICLE during the time of the Kal. To see all of them just literally being torn apart or crushed completely and so suddenly, it freaked me out lol though I was a lot younger then haha...

Formerly Iron_Man5

Well of course Spherus Magnus would have to be ridiculously big! What's wrong with that? Planets come in all sizes, you know! I didn't even bat an eyelash at that personally, I was more amazed by how big the MU robot was by itself

And the defeat of the Bohrok-Kal seemed really reasonable to me, I don't remember anything about them being defeated with Unity. Weren't they defeated by overloading each Cube with every bit of that Toa's power? And I'm with Iron-Man5 on how scary it was, some of those deaths were just... *shudders*. Nuhvok-Kal folded in on itself and became a tiny black hole, Pahrak-Kal was melted by its own power, Gahlok-Kal got crushed by flying Exo-Toa debris, Tahnok-Kal was just frozen in place by lightning and I assume electrocuted, and Kohrak-Kal went mad from the sheer noise inside its head and then crumbled to dust. Those are some hardcore ways to go, CA Hapka had quite the imagination. Lehvak-Kal flying into orbit was just funny, though :P

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

To be honest, the destruction of the Bohrok-Kal scared me silly. I had recently joined the Lego Club magazine that year, so I officially "started" paying attention to BIONICLE during the time of the Kal. To see all of them just literally being torn apart or crushed completely and so suddenly, it freaked me out lol though I was a lot younger then haha...

And the defeat of the Bohrok-Kal seemed really reasonable to me, I don't remember anything about them being defeated with Unity. Weren't they defeated by overloading each Cube with every bit of that Toa's power? And I'm with Iron-Man5 on how scary it was, some of those deaths were just... *shudders*. Nuhvok-Kal folded in on itself and became a tiny black hole, Pahrak-Kal was melted by its own power, Gahlok-Kal got crushed by flying Exo-Toa debris, Tahnok-Kal was just frozen in place by lightning and I assume electrocuted, and Kohrak-Kal went mad from the sheer noise inside its head and then crumbled to dust. Those are some hardcore ways to go, CA Hapka had quite the imagination. Lehvak-Kal flying into orbit was just funny, though :P

"They did not live as we understand life so they cannot die"

-Toa Kopaka Nuva

And I've considered the kal "deaths" possably the most awesome in Bionicle ever :P

I'm trying to think of something I was dissappointed in about the Bohrok, but the only thing that comes to mind is that the Kal didn't get the same amount of face-time as the regular bohrok...

Matoran are not biological at creation; you have mistaken them for Agori. As GregF described it, Matoran are about 85% mechanical, 15% organic; they are artificial life forms created to sustain the Matoran Universe. Agori are born 100% organic, but many selected implants from the Great Beings to improve their physical capabilities; the total comes out to about 85% organic, 15% mechanical in most of them.

On the subject of the Bohrok-Kal's defeat, I think I agree with both sides. True, it was never really explained how the Toa Nuva suddenly developed the connection and focus to overload their Nuva symbols. However -- if you'll pardon the terrible pun -- the Bohrok-Kal's deaths were pretty metal. B-)

Edited by Angel Bob
  • Upvote 1
-- Harlan Ellison

Tattorack and dragonzrmetal - you were told by a member of the staff to stop that line of discussion. Because you continued, you will both be losing Proto. If anyone else in this topic continues the discussion of inappropriate stereotypes, they will receive a suspension.

These forums are so mature. [/sarcasm]

I get ya.

Certainly... The apparence of the Toa Nuva team in Karda Nui...

Okay, they wear adaptive armor, but that doesn't justify their horrible look (in my opinion) and the fact that they don't resemble, even so slightly, to their shape of 2002. And Gali Mistika...T_T
Awful sets.

• Upvote 3

Okay, they wear adaptive armor, but that doesn't justify their horrible look (in my opinion) and the fact that they don't resemble, even so slightly, to their shape of 2002. And Gali Mistika...T_T

Awful sets.

I actually don't mind those sets at all. Granted, they don't look a thing like their Mata counterparts, but they have a cool factor to them. Also, plenty of useful pieces.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Awful sets.

I actually don't mind those sets at all. Granted, they don't look a thing like their Mata counterparts, but they have a cool factor to them. Also, plenty of useful pieces.

It's true, but my criticism was well on their appearance as Toa Nuva : their adaptive masks remind me more masks or faces of OoMN's members, for example. Indeed, just as a simple sets or as heaps of pieces, they can be interesting ^^

• Upvote 1

Awful sets.

It's true, but my criticism was well on their appearance as Toa Nuva : their adaptive masks remind me more masks or faces of OoMN's members, for example. Indeed, just as a simple sets or as heaps of pieces, they can be interesting ^^

I especially liked the leg pieces on the Toa Ignika. The face like masks seemed to become more masklike again for the Toa Mahri for some reason. I think the Inika were a gateway series though, between the more technic orientated Mata/Metru Nui line, and the skeleton builds that followed the Inika.

I do find it a tad unfair that the Bohrok-Kal were flat out killed and that it was just waved over by Kopaka, saying "They did not live as we understand life so they cannot die". But the Kal weren't normal Bohrok, they had some sort of emotional side.

Toa don't kill, except for occasions like this.

Oh well. It made for a good three or so chapters in the Bohrok-Kal's Ramblings.

I do find it a tad unfair that the Bohrok-Kal were flat out killed and that it was just waved over by Kopaka, saying "They did not live as we understand life so they cannot die". But the Kal weren't normal Bohrok, they had some sort of emotional side.

Oh well. It made for a good three or so chapters in the Bohrok-Kal's Ramblings.

Well it is true, but what gave them their personalities were their Krana-kal. Powerful Bohrok or not, they were still just machines, with the Krana controlling them. And it was said that they were able to escape the destruction that followed so, all the Nuva basically did was destroy the machines housing the brains. :) So technically no one really "died"

Formerly Iron_Man5

But the Kal weren't normal Bohrok, they had some sort of emotional side.

Can you give an example of them showing emotion?

I believe this rule applies to independent organisms, not artificial mechanisms like the Kal.

And the rule does get broken occasionally - the destruction of the Morbuzahk King Root at the hands of the Toa Metru, for instance.