What's Your Pc?

SonicBOOM XS

Hey, all. I believe a topic like this existed before the...ummm...the SECOND Great Dataclysm.Name says it all, just list your specs. Future PCs/upgrades are also welcome.And also, I can totally see wars between AMD, Intel, and Nvidia, so... NO FLAME WARS AND NO ARGUING OVER PREFERENCE I'll start off: Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 635 @ 2.9 GHzRAM: 4 GB DDR2 (don't know speeds)GPU: Radeon HD 6950 1GBMotherboard: Biostar A760G M2+PSU: Cooler Master 700w500 GB HDDWindows 7 64-bit UltimateAnd a small, but reliable case. I've had this PC for around a year now (really only for the LEGO Universe beta, but now it's for all my gaming needs). Being the nerdy enthusiast I am, I'll end up building another PC next summer with the Ivy Bridge equivalent (or better) of the i7-2600k, an amazing motherboard, and hold off on a new GPU until AMD [or perhaps Nvidia, if it gets a better one out (curse you, GTX 590 and your overclocking fails DX)] comes out with a PCI-e 3.0 dual-GPU card. So, what about you guys?

Undergoing Renovations...

Old Dell Dimension 2400 with half a gig of RAM It was cheap when it came out; it's sad how little power it has today.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Apple iMac Specs are nothing to get too excited about Processor Name: Intel Core i3 Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz Total Number of Cores: 2 Memory: 12 GB Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4670 VRAM: 256 MB Internal HD: 500 GB External HD: 500 GB Resolution: 1920 x 1080 OS: OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (VM), Ubuntu Linux 64 bit (VM), Windows 8 Dev Preview 64 bit (VM) Edited by Jeordeon

IetTsFQ.png

Processor: Intel Pentium D 3.0 overclocked Dual CoreRAM: 1 GigabyteGPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 240Motherboard: Asus P5GD1-VM Intel 915G SeriesPSU: Cooler Master 400W80 Gigabyte Hard Drive + 1 Terabyte Seagate External DriveWindows 7 Home Edition 32 BitAntec Sonata II I'll be updating my computer to a Cooler Master 344 Elite Nvidia Case and an extra 4 gigs of RAM eventually.

Edited by Tanma Dude

- TD

At the moment, a 27" iMac that we use as a family computer. My old laptop's busted, so I can't use that. I'm looking at a one in particular though, which I probably will get. What does everyone think of this? Sony Vaio VPCF22M1E Screen Size: 16.4"Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor, 2.0GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.90GHz, Quad Core, 6MB L3 CacheHard Drive: 640GBRAM: 6 GB, PC3-10600, 8 GB Maximum expandable memory, 1333MHzScreen Resolution: 1920 x 1080pOptical Disk Drive: Blu-RayGraphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M GPURoughly around £900 Okay, so trouble is, I'm practically illiterate in terms of computers. I've seen it with my own eyes, so I know it's great, and the specs are fantastic, but in terms of gaming, can anyone figure out its limits. As it's a laptop, I doubt it's going to be playing the latest high quality games, but I don't want to end up buying something for it and finding out the specs are all wrong and it can't be played.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

My PC? An old one, to say the least! Er... let me see.... CPU: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.20GHzCPU Speed: 3.2 GHzRAM: 2.0 GBOS: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2002 (far too old!!) Service Pack 3Video Card: RADEON X600 (0x5B62)... that's all I'm advised.Video RAM: 256.0 MBPixel Shader version: 2.0Vertex Shader version: 2.0Sound Card: Creative SB X-FiDisk Space: 232 GB You can see why I can't buy any of the newest games! :bored: Stilll, doesn't stop me being a retro-gamer! :D

~ CHTrilogy

Processor: Intel i7-2600k 3.4 GHzRAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600mhzGPU: Radeon HD 6950 1GB500 GB HDD (7200rpm)Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium I Forget the rest.

I hate you. XD @Humva: Shame. But if it does what you want, it's fine, no?
If by 'does what you want' you mean barely runs SW:BF2 and has memory leaks that cause it to need to be rebooted every five hours sure.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong