REVIEW: Bionicle Mafia Uprising: Book 1 - Isolation

Voltex

I think that's one of the only things in this story that literally every reader is aware of

That is simply the greatest.

Chapter might not be up tomorrow; where Chapter 4 was big for backstory explanation, Chapter 5 is big for the most awesome confrontation yet. I gotta make sure it's totally wicked.

It's also difficult writing dialogue for one of the characters involved.

Is the character mute or excessively poetic

Neither. They just use a LOT of really unnecessarily large words.

I think that's one of the only things in this story that literally every reader is aware of

Not if you're skimming through.

Skimming is a terrible idea

Luroka's almost definitely Mafia, considering that Sumiki went straight for his advice.

Voxumo is probably the spy, which is how he is able to kill people and know that Norik was a traitor. Now, this is quite a predicament... very much like what goes on in actual Mafia games.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Luroka's almost definitely Mafia, considering that Sumiki went straight for his advice.

Voxumo is probably the spy, which is how he is able to kill people and know that Norik was a traitor. Now, this is quite a predicament... very much like what goes on in actual Mafia games.

Yeah. I wouldn't be that surprised if vox was the spy.

in fact he probably is

(and nobody trusts the medic hah)

Wow guys.. I feel the love. Don't know what role I am but i am just glad I have a slightly larger role in this last chapter

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Oh.

What a shame.

I am surprised Voltex did not have Voxumo kill chro.. Was really surprised by that since it was the best chance.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I am pretty sure Vox is my favorite character now. Kthxbai.

(The rest of the chapter was pretty great, as always a pleasure to read. The Alliance intro was kinda weird because everyone had a description in parenthesis except for me, mine was a continuation of the sentence. *shrug* I don't think that was supposed to be like that.) =P

I could not have a Mafia epic without referencing the Type 2s.

Yeah. I wouldn't be that surprised if vox was the spy.

in fact he probably is

(and nobody trusts the medic hah)

Well, you DID convince them to lynch an innocent person

Oh.

What a shame.

I am surprised Voltex did not have Voxumo kill chro.. Was really surprised by that since it was the best chance.

The RNG had the Mafia killing Chro, so we got the irony of you avenging his death instead.

(The rest of the chapter was pretty great, as always a pleasure to read. The Alliance intro was kinda weird because everyone had a description in parenthesis except for me, mine was a continuation of the sentence. *shrug* I don't think that was supposed to be like that.) =P

I think it was on purpose but I can fix it tomorrow.

Yay..Somebody likes me

And yeah voltex that is just too funny. Never would I have seen myself avenging chro

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Oookay.... Sorry for not posting in a while, but things are escalating fast. Like in the beginning of Mafia games, everyone is rubbish at lynching the correct people. =P Nice. And obviously, I look for my name everywhere, so now he's the de facto leader of a ragtag group of people! Woot! Though knowing Mafia, things will most likely go wrong at some point.

The writing is pretty solid, no complaints there, just to let you know. I see the late Norik was a fan of Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness. =P

EDIT: Screw you, Manaducus. You're the one that deserves to die if anything. Only Sumiki ranks higher on the 'needs to die' list.

Edited by JiMing

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

At least I can say I earned Voltex's trust! You're the fool.

And besides, JiMing is a top Bionifighter! Kaiser is a disgraced CEO! I think I beat you out in terms of cool.

(Note, all this is friendly and sarcastic. But Manaducus will probably die soon.)

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Dang it, shouldn't have read the new chapter in bed. Now I'll be awake all night wondering my little group could possibly be doing. And I'm still convinced this is all the ceiling's fault

On a side note, I found this one especially fun to read!

sig8.png

I just realized what a magnificent genius Sumiki is, given that Luroka is Mafia:

“I trust that you wouldn’t condemn an ally,” Voltex whispered back. “Not this early in the game.”

“You know me so well,” Sumiki chuckled before turning back and scribbling down his vote before announcing, “I vote for Luroka.”

bBhcfWO.png

Although Sumiki is a magnificent genius, I wouldn't necessarily cite that passage as supreme evidence of it.

Any Mafia player worth their salt knows how to do that. ;)

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I just realized what a magnificent genius Sumiki is, given that Luroka is Mafia:

“I trust that you wouldn’t condemn an ally,” Voltex whispered back. “Not this early in the game.”

“You know me so well,” Sumiki chuckled before turning back and scribbling down his vote before announcing, “I vote for Luroka.”

I will neither confirm nor deny this statement

Although Sumiki is a magnificent genius, I wouldn't necessarily cite that passage as supreme evidence of it.

Any Mafia player worth their salt knows how to do that. ;)

Yes, Voltex fell for the oldest trick in the book

What a shame

And to think he's the Detective, too

Or maybe Voltex knew that, Sumiki is even more of a magnificent genius, and Luroka is actually innocent.

Anyway, Vox, I think you and I are suffering from the same ego problem here. I assumed I would be the Ghost (mostly because I went undetected until the very end of the game as the Ghost, managing to remain in contact with both Turaga and other villagers throughout, which I felt was a noteworthy accomplishment... plus I have a track record of almost always being Mafia), but instead Scanty was the Ghost (and I was a regular). Similarly, you thought that you'd be the one to kill me (considering our "rivalry", which mostly consists of you murdering me, a cycle that was ironically possibly initiated by my trickery of you as the Ghost in that same game - I literally kept you alive and manipulated you to kill a bunch of innocent Matoran)... but instead Norik killed me.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Anyone want to explain to me what Pupwa said? :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I wanted an .45 caliber handgun!

Then again, the shotgun could shoot .45 caliber bullets.

And now to analyze my speech.

Hello there! Please allow me to shock you with my magical tricks of the ponies and the rotten apple cores that will be driven through the hard drives of your computers while the universe makes it rain flakes of snowy grass.”

Please allow me to shock you with my magical tricks of the ponies

I think of this as an reference of MLP:FiM's title, mainly the FiM part.

and the rotten apple cores that will be driven through the hard drives of your computers

Reference to the Zeroth sector of the hard drive, or the core, so with the word rotten, it means that I will delete the Zeroth sector of the hard drive, rendering it useless.

while the universe makes it rain flakes of snowy grass.

Snow. :P

• Upvote 2

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

And now to analyze my speech.

Hello there! Please allow me to shock you with my magical tricks of the ponies and the rotten apple cores that will be driven through the hard drives of your computers while the universe makes it rain flakes of snowy grass.”

Please allow me to shock you with my magical tricks of the ponies

I think of this as an reference of MLP:FiM's title, mainly the FiM part.

and the rotten apple cores that will be driven through the hard drives of your computers

Reference to the Zeroth sector of the hard drive, or the core, so with the word rotten, it means that I will delete the Zeroth sector of the hard drive, rendering it useless.

while the universe makes it rain flakes of snowy grass.

Snow. :P

That analysis...

...actually makes sense.

liek wut

Also, I thought the shotgun was a little cooler. For reasons I will keep to myself, but are probably obvious.

Pupwa, you made a paradox by nonsensically making sense. :3

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

Ah, yes... I find it interesting, iBrow, that Xaeraz is the deceitful master liar, and you are the good-motived hero.

Not saying Xae is normally a hero, but you are normally quite the... well, you know.

Great story so far.

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 1

but their spirits

Ah, yes... I find it interesting, iBrow, that Xaeraz is the deceitful master liar, and you are the good-motived hero.

Not saying Xae is normally a hero, but you are normally quite the... well, you know.

Great story so far.

That is a good point.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Fired a .45 once, had a really strong kick. Also I don't think shotguns shoot .45, but don't quote me. I'm probably wrong about seeing as I've fired is a 12 gauge.

Anyway, that bit with meeting Pupwa was just... weird and maybe surreal. Had to read it over a few times to comprehend what I had just read. Glad to know I'm still relevant, granted it could be Xaeraz running around pretending to be me.

Also I need to do this:

BANG. BANG.

You shot me down.

BANG.BANG.

I hit the ground

BANG.

BANG

That awful sound.

Sorry just saw that and couldn't resist. One nitpicky thing: the first five bangs are italicized and in all caps while the sixth is only in all caps. I think you need to make the sixth italicized to remain consistent.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

The problem is that it does make sense to all of us, not just you. You're losing your touch.

Because I pointed it out to the others.

Fired a .45 once, had a really strong kick. Also I don't think shotguns shoot .45, but don't quote me. I'm probably wrong about seeing as I've fired is a 12 gauge.

You are right, a shotgun doesn't fire .45 normally, but with modifications, maybe.

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.