Devastation Tank

My entry to the BWTB World War III challenge. 6271110282_011f374904_z.jpgClick for gallery (when public) SideBackAlternate Angle I'm pretty happy of how this turned out, with some small exceptions on the sides of the treads. My favorite part to make was the railgun and frontal armor using the torso armor from the jaller mahri set. It was pretty tough to get the shape of the treads like that, without having them having too much slack. FlickrMOCpages C&C appreciated!

I kind of wish you'd made the run all long or all short. Right now, I'm saying 'wat' more than 'olook at how futuristic that looks'. I really do like that there armor. Looks kind of ... tribal? Skeletal? Seems interesting. (For some reason the open studs on the sides of the treads bother me, maybe because of the two black 1x4 tiles on the back end of them. I'd extend that tiling by replacing them with 1x6 tiles, and then maybe using a textured grate plate towards the front.)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I kind of wish you'd made the run all long or all short. Right now, I'm saying 'wat' more than 'olook at how futuristic that looks'. I really do like that there armor. Looks kind of ... tribal? Skeletal? Seems interesting. (For some reason the open studs on the sides of the treads bother me, maybe because of the two black 1x4 tiles on the back end of them. I'd extend that tiling by replacing them with 1x6 tiles, and then maybe using a textured grate plate towards the front.)

Not sure on exactly what your talking about regarding "the run" =/ It's a bit more tribal/animal-esque, the flickr link has a little story regarding it (which I was too lazy to post on this). The countries that made it were not fully well developed, so it makes sense that the design turned out like that. I agree, sadly I don't have any 1x6 or 2x2 tiles in black. I previously had dark red tiles over it, but it disrupted the flow the MOC had.

man, i love how you use those jaller mahri armor and claws, looks really great, and that gun is freaking awesome, the combination between the old and new axle connector make it so real, and a very nice use of metus headthe only thing i less like are those small system plate on the front, if you want to make lamps or something you should use rounder parts

man, i love how you use those jaller mahri armor and claws, looks really great, and that gun is freaking awesome, the combination between the old and new axle connector make it so real, and a very nice use of metus headthe only thing i less like are those small system plate on the front, if you want to make lamps or something you should use rounder parts

Thank you, glad you like it =) Those 2x2 plates aren't actually headlights, moreso they're the front bumpers of the tank. I almost did put headlights there, but thought it would've looked kinda silly. Thanks again.

It looks good, I like aesthetic. The Jaller armor gives it a nice savage and/or crustacean feel.I do think some things could be done better, though. You filled in the sides of the treads pretty well, but mixing the smooth system with technic there doesn't look great. Some more red in the sides would look better, as well. I would also cover the treads, if at all possible.Aside from that, I think the front area could be much more aggressive and savage. Maybe some nasty spikes and definitely more robust armor.The gun looks good. The only thing I would tweak there is to give it a more substantial base that would go further back. You've got really big gun being held by a relatively small arm.But yeah, looks good, Oblivion.

My Brickshelf and my Flickr
Shouldn't we read the instructions?

Do I look like a sissy?

~ Calvin and Hobbes

I kind of wish you'd made the run all long or all short. Right now, I'm saying 'wat' more than 'olook at how futuristic that looks'.

Not sure on exactly what your talking about regarding "the run" =/ It's a bit more tribal/animal-esque, the flickr link has a little story regarding it (which I was too lazy to post on this).
I meant the gun. I guess I was just typing too fast. :P

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

@Johann: Thanks bro. I put more effort into this tank, compared to the previous one =) @Legoman: I agree, although I improved the armor on the sides of the treads (compared to earlier WIPs), I still wasn't happy with them. Sadly it was the best I could do as of then, some more dark red might have been a good idea. Yeah I actually had the idea of adding spikes on the front too, I decided not to so it could appear a little more sleek, but still savage enough. I agree regarding the base for the gun, Somehow I forgot to replace that connector with the socket + single balljoint connector. Thanks again, I appreciate the comment =) @KZ: Weird, I can't seem to find any pictures of it either =/ Still, glad you like the MOC! @Sumiks: Ah, that makes a lot more sense now =P The reason the three long == rails are out is since the weapon is a railgun. A traditional one uses two that are parallel to each other, but I decided to try one that had three in a triangular fashion. Consider it artistic licence =P Since the ones that currently exist are still considered prototypes.

Edited by Lord Oblivion

You did a great job at making a seamless transition from system to Technic in this MOC. You can't see where one stops and another begins unless you try to look for it. Additionally, (excluding the treads) none of those Technic pieces were meant for vehicles, but you can't stop. The best part is the way everything cohesively fits - Sytem & Technic, vehicle pieces & non-vehicle pieces. I only object to the white System bricks inside the treads; it seems to stand out with everything around it being black. It's a minor thing, though. I didn't even notice at first. Overall, it's one epic tank. = D

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

@Lego Obsessionist: Thank you! Well this is meant to have a savage/animal-esque appearance, not that of a fully modernized tank. @Scar: Thank you. @Maganar: Glad you like it! I added that piece to give a little white accent on the sides, which needed some white. @TiN: Thank you!. @Awesomeness: Thanks. You'd need to go on flickr for it, and make an account there. Here's the page. @Akuna: Thank you, and it's three of those pieces actually =)

This made my day, best MOC I've seen so far on new BZP. Firstly because it's the kinda thing I like, I'm a vehicle guy. But more importantly it's just pulled off so brilliantly. Colour scheme: Normally I'd say that you don't want more than 2-3 colours on something in the main, here you have 4 and it all works awesomely. As said by Lego obsessionist, the horns and Metus helmet really give a scavenger/animal feel, the black and bley help to add to the machine look. The Front armour is brilliant and sleek, I like the intricate plate type styling. The position of the gun is brilliant, almost looks like a scorpion sting, kind of arching over the back, it's a threatening looking thing. I like how well built in the tracks are, but how well do they turn? I've tried tightly packed treads and they tend to catch on things or be too tight to move at a good speed. Really love it.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I like it. The only problem I see and was already pointed out is the lackluster sides. If you decide to redo that part, perhaps consider a repeatable pattern along the bottom or top. It doesn't have to fill it as you can make a black base to fill it. The point would be to make it more interesting with a design. If not then maybe add another turret in that area or a distinctive object that'll take up space.

@Micro: Thank you =)@Taipu: Thanks, I appreciate the compliment =) The treads are actually very workable. I had to tighten them when taking the pictures, so they looked better. Either way, they move well, I made sure not to have any parts obstruct the movement. @ Ret: Glad you like it =D Yeah I agree, a pattern would have loved much better on the sides. I was pressed for time, due to having to make some large renovations in my room. So I just went with what you see here. I like the idea of another, smaller, turret on the sides, I'd definitively want to try that =) I appreciate the C&C everyone.