The Chronicler's Company Humanized

Daughter of Irnakk

I had no scanner, these photos were taken with my phone.

tumblr_n2jrpfAU6L1s1maq9o2_500.jpg

All of them, yay!

tumblr_n2jrpfAU6L1s1maq9o1_250.jpg

Macku, for those who can't tell that it's a blu chick.

tumblr_n2jrpfAU6L1s1maq9o3_250.jpg

Kopeke, for those who can't hear him saying "My name is Kopeke".

tumblr_n2jrpfAU6L1s1maq9o4_250.jpgtumblr_n2jrpfAU6L1s1maq9o8_250.jpg

Taipu & Hafu, Taifu & Hapu, Haifu & Tafu, for those who don't know who is who, like me.

tumblr_n2jrpfAU6L1s1maq9o5_250.jpg

Takua, for those who are too blinded by the light to see that he's blue, red and yellow.

tumblr_n2jrpfAU6L1s1maq9o6_250.jpg

Kapura, for those who is scrolling down this page too fast to see who it is.

tumblr_n2jrpfAU6L1s1maq9o7_250.jpg

Tamaru, for those who can't read Matoran.

Made these yesterday after I've thought about how awesome all these guys were, I also accidentally started shipping Taipu and Hafu when researching all the characters. I'm so sorry, BZP.

I like these designs, but I'm not too sure about my skills in general, constructive feedback would be appreciated.

On my tumblr, if you want to reblog it.

Kopeke is really cute, but Macku is slightly too masculine... They are nice though. Do you ship Taipu and Hafu or something? Because otherwise I can't explain that heart.

Kopeke is my favourite in design, but I think he was the least 'goodly' drawn. (Wow, I don't know what word beside 'goodly' to use, I must have somekind of problem with my vocabulary) But it's nice that you think that, I like that his hair fits both his personality and his '01 mask. I didn't even look twice at the '03 version because that mask looks like an old man.

I'm not sure what made Macku masculine, mainly because I can't see it, it would be nice if you pointed out why. When I was done I was happy with the fact that I didn't need to add eyelashes to differentiate genders.

It says I ship them both in Matoran on the painting and in the text in my post, easy to miss when you're just looking at pictures. But yes, I ship them, not very seriously though sine the text by the heart also says "Unhealthy relationship". It's just that Taipu is loyal, nice and gullible while Hafu is proud, boisterous and a prankster, it's a fun dynamic and I wish we had gotten to see more of their shenanigans.

[...]

I'm not sure what made Macku masculine, mainly because I can't see it, it would be nice if you pointed out why. When I was done I was happy with the fact that I didn't need to add eyelashes to differentiate genders.

[...]

I suppose it could be the eyebrows, for in a heavily abstracted style like the one you're using any small detail can make a huge difference; they might be a tad bit "too pronounced" for a feminine appearance. (Saying 'might', because who says all female characters need thin eyebrows to be feminine, seriously.)

Tamaru's head is a tiny bit off-center, I think it should be shifted a bit more to the left side.

Generally, your art style is very nice, and the characters look cute. I'm also very fond of Macku's necklace. :3 Those hints of shading on Hafu's shirt (is it Hafu? I guess so) are well-done, and a cel-shade type of shading like there would work well with the other characters as well.

Also, the variation of nose shapes while staying true to the nature of your art style is impressive, I like them.

• Upvote 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

[...]

[...]

I suppose it could be the eyebrows, for in a heavily abstracted style like the one you're using any small detail can make a huge difference; they might be a tad bit "too pronounced" for a feminine appearance. (Saying 'might', because who says all female characters need thin eyebrows to be feminine, seriously.)

Tamaru's head is a tiny bit off-center, I think it should be shifted a bit more to the left side.

Generally, your art style is very nice, and the characters look cute. I'm also very fond of Macku's necklace. :3 Those hints of shading on Hafu's shirt (is it Hafu? I guess so) are well-done, and a cel-shade type of shading like there would work well with the other characters as well.

Also, the variation of nose shapes while staying true to the nature of your art style is impressive, I like them.

Thank you Takanuvia(I can't believe Takanuvia commented on my tiny inferior thread)! Now I see the eyebrows thing and Tamaru's head, I see it more of a shoulder issue though, the shoulder should be moved so his head gets centered, otherwise it will be pretty small I think. That was a really helpful comment, thanks once again!

Indeed, it is mostly the sharp chin that adds a more masculine feel to her. She looks a lot like a surfer dude.

Digging Taipu/Hafu's facial hair there. Especially the 'stache.

Hafu is the one with the stache, I think... But yeah, I added it because it felt artistic(he's the master carver after all) and to simulate the look of his kanohi, Ruru in this case. In MNOG he had a pakari though, but yeah. Glad you liked it! =D

[...]

[...]

Thank you Takanuvia(I can't believe Takanuvia commented on my tiny inferior thread)! Now I see the eyebrows thing and Tamaru's head, I see it more of a shoulder issue though, the shoulder should be moved so his head gets centered, otherwise it will be pretty small I think. That was a really helpful comment, thanks once again!

Hmm about making Macku look more feminine.... Maybe it is the neck size... or could be the body itself that could use some tweaking? Like usually female bodies have that triangle S-curve shape (Hopefully you know what I'm talking about :P). Overall, I don't believe the eyebrows has no effect on this matter since in anime/manga the character's eyebrows usually gives it more character than making them look male or female. I mean look at Satsuki Kiryuin from Kill La Kill

Reference Link: Satsuki Kiryuin

So hopefully that helps a bit :P Continue to play around with it or something, and keep up the good work comrade!

EDIT: Had to fix a typo!

-Lehvorak

Edited by Grandmaster Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png