Phazon Suit Samus Aran

dviddy

SAMUS! That is an awesome moc. The libberties you took look nice, if not entirely accurate to the suit, but since it's lego, 100% accuracy is unreasonable anyway. I really want to build one now...

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Samus Aran is, by far, one of the best characters in video game history. This MoC is perfect. It's as accurate as you can get with LEGO's, and even despite the very few inaccuracies, it captures the spirit of Samus in a profound way. There may be a bit of Metroid-ish bias here, seeing as I am in love with the series. :P But this is overall an amazing MoC, and even if I had never heard of Metroid before, I would still have very much liked this. Great job, great representation. You just might have my vote.

-Rez

Great MOC - glad to see you're entering!

I love the use of some older parts in the creation, like the Throwbot heads as feet and the Roborider wheels on the shoulders. Overall it has a very sleek look and feel.

My only criticism is that if you want us to believe there's someone inside there, the lower legs need to not be so skinny. :P

Still a big fan though, and I don't even play Metroid games.

• Upvote 1

Your blending of system and Technic parts is inspirational; seriously I don't know how you do it. This is expertly and extremely well built with the head and shoulders being the most outstanding IMO. I also like admire the good colour scheme on this moc.

Overall, this is a very good moc.

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

This MOC almost blew me away! It's so accurate and so clean! I mean, even if someone who only played one Metroid game (like me, but I only played a demo of Super Metroid and that's it) looked at that and didn't recognize the colors, that person could still tell it's Samus! The only thing that it needs to make it perfect is thicker legs. Like Black Six, I thought they were a little skinny. But this is an otherwise perfect MOC. It's so great!

You do some fine work with your LEGO pieces. I'd pay to have your talent!

mindeth the cobwebs

As pretty much everyone else has mentioned, this captures the spirit of the character very well - more than any detail of the static appearance of the build, the poses you've shown us are absolutely right for Samus. That the details are pretty spot-on as well (and the colour scheme much better, to my eye, than the regular suit) is worth quite a lot, of course. The head design definitely works, and while it does seem a bit bigger than in the games, the helmet size shown here looks more appropriate than what Nintendo went with.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

This is amazing from the head to knee, but honestly, after that it kinda falls apart. The disks below the knee seem to hover over much skinnier legs, and then it narrows, making it way to skinny for a suit meant to contain someone. The 4 length shells then display the same problem as the disks - they don't seem like part of the legs. They feel kinda tacked on. The feet would be fine and feel very proportional if it weren't for the lower legs.

However, that doesn't mean I didn't LOVE the rest of it. The shoulders are magnificent with those 3 length shells, and the head, even if it had do be a bit big, is beautiful, especially the visor and mouth part whatamajig. Equally beautiful are the torso and blaster, though the latter could do with two smaller disks.

All in all, a beautiful rendition that could use some more substantial legs.

• Upvote 1

You know, from the thumbnails I could mistake this as an actual Samus model render. Obviously we see the LEGO parts once we zoom in, but heck if that ain't almost perfection when it comes to the shape and colors. My only complaint is that the helmet is a tad too wide and blocky with the visor, but it's a minor one when the rest of the build is so brilliant. Come to think of it, the cannon could perhaps serve to use a different part for the front end, if only to get a bigger barrel. It looks a bit skinny in the back view.

But as said: The Phazon Suit/Samus herself is pretty much perfect. :)

This is amazing from the head to knee, but honestly, after that it kinda falls apart. The disks below the knee seem to hover over much skinnier legs, and then it narrows, making it way to skinny for a suit meant to contain someone. The 4 length shells then display the same problem as the disks - they don't seem like part of the legs. They feel kinda tacked on. The feet would be fine and feel very proportional if it weren't for the lower legs.

However, that doesn't mean I didn't LOVE the rest of it. The shoulders are magnificent with those 3 length shells, and the head, even if it had do be a bit big, is beautiful, especially the visor and mouth part whatamajig. Equally beautiful are the torso and blaster, though the latter could do with two smaller disks.

All in all, a beautiful rendition that could use some more substantial legs.

Using your post as a general reply to everyone since you said the same thing everyone else did but in more detail.

It seems clear to me that we are looking at the legs completely differently. The way I see it, the entire shape, with the HF cladding on the ankles is the lower leg, with the flaring outward of that HF shell due to the ankle armour that extends up from her boots up and around the lower leg, is the lower leg, and at its skinniest, it is never skinnier than anywhere on the arms, which is pretty accurate to the in-game renders from Prime I based it upon. However, it seems to me that everyone is seeing the bits behind the armour as the legs, with the cladding as just extraneous armour, which is not the intent nor is it the way I can even pretend to visualize the MOC when I look at it in front of me. This seems foreign. The silhouette from the front is the entire leg, the big behind the shell isn't the "real leg", the entire bit is the leg.

As for the discs, I'm going to just say I'll have to disagree with the tacked on comment, as they fit right up against the HF cladding and leave no gap for the "hovering" effect you describe. Again, I'm sort of baffled by this criticism as it goes entirely against the way I see the MOC's shaping in front of me. I guess on second-look I can see the floating thing with the bottom of the discs, but it just doesn't read the same in person. :/

The bigger head is sort of a hold-over from a first-draft of the MOC that was sized up a bit, but that sizing didn't fit with the shoulders, so the MOC got scaled down and I had a hard time figuring out how to scale that head back down, which was itself days worth of work to try and get the visor and the shaping even remotely correct. I still don't think I hit it quite spot-on, but I think it may be closer than any of the other Samus MOCs I've seen.

I have a few updated to do to her now that I'm free from the technic/system restriction, and there are some parts I wanted to use that I didn't have that are now available in stores. Expect a slightly-different look at conventions, though probably nothing too radical.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Wa so good...

It seems clear to me that we are looking at the legs completely differently. The way I see it, the entire shape, with the HF cladding on the ankles is the lower leg, with the flaring outward of that HF shell due to the ankle armour that extends up from her boots up and around the lower leg, is the lower leg, and at its skinniest, it is never skinnier than anywhere on the arms, which is pretty accurate to the in-game renders from Prime I based it upon. However, it seems to me that everyone is seeing the bits behind the armour as the legs, with the cladding as just extraneous armour, which is not the intent nor is it the way I can even pretend to visualize the MOC when I look at it in front of me. This seems foreign. The silhouette from the front is the entire leg, the big behind the shell isn't the "real leg", the entire bit is the leg.

- Me

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Also, I'm very origianl and intelegiant so mewant money ya noney bluhoho"

- quarzahk

• Upvote 1

bohroktoaanimation.gif - Circa 2003.

Good times...

Credit to InnerRayg for the sprites!

Check out my Brickshelf!

Oh wow. Metroid is one of the very few video games that I actually have a steady interest in, and I have to say that this is amazing.

samus01.jpg

That. That is amazing. You got Samus' suit perfect, and then the stance...

Perfect.

What is that little translucent-blue piece on the gun?

Edited by Master of all Kopekes
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow. Metroid is one of the very few video games that I actually have a steady interest in, and I have to say that this is amazing.

samus01.jpg

That. That is amazing. You got Samus' suit perfect, and then the stance...

Perfect.

What is that little translucent-blue piece on the gun?

That pice on this great moc? I think it represents the shape of the gun, and it also has a nice effect of showing the strong radiation of phazon her cannon produces after absorbing phazon and is charging up like Here

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---

qs3135.jpg

-snip-

That pice [sic] on this great moc? I think it represents the shape of the gun, and it also has a nice effect of showing the strong radiation of phazon her cannon produces after absorbing phazon and is charging up like Here

No, what I meant was, "What LEGO piece is it?"

Edited by Master of all Kopekes
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

-snip-

That pice [sic] on this great moc? I think it represents the shape of the gun, and it also has a nice effect of showing the strong radiation of phazon her cannon produces after absorbing phazon and is charging up like Here

No, what I meant was, "What LEGO piece is it?"

That's just a blue hero factory shell yo.

(also hi pat did I mention this is a nice samus and I especially like the feet and stuff)

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I think I just had a miniature spaz attack. This is incredible, especially the proportionate human shape. You pulled it the hardest thing to MOC off, and it is truly awesome. It's so weird that you did this, as I am currently playing Metroid Prime with this suit... :D but yeah, great job!

I like this a lot, and I don't even like Metroid. My only qualm is that the visor on the helmet feels a little weird.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 3 weeks later...

I've always been a huge fan of Phazon-Suit Samus and all of the Prime series in general. The helmet is rather large, but the detail is pretty solid. Clever design overall, there isn't way too much going on in a way that takes away from the final piece, I like it!

',',',',',',',',',',',','

bdma1.gif ~Team Bangaa~ bgma1.gif

,',',',',',',',',',',',',

• 1 month later...

I can't remember the last time I saw a Metroid MOC on here. Though I don't really visit this section of the site too often, so that may be a reason why. :P 

But to get back on topic, I love how this looks. I like all the little details on it, like the Phazon on her arm cannon and the design of her shoulder armor. It kind of looks like Samus's Dark Suit from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, though those two suits do look a bit similar IMO. (And that isn't a complaint, since I kind of like the Dark Suit a little more than the Phazon one.) This is a great Metroid MOC nonetheless and it just makes me wish Lego would make Metroid sets even more. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Do you think infusing a blaster of some sort is possible? Not that it isn't already cool without one

.783447262.jpg

That's pretty good! Now I feel as if I should get back into building...

Edit: Please leave some more specific feedback next time, as per the BBC Rules!

-Wind-

you totally should bionicles are a very productive fanboy's distraction from that book report due tomorrow you wrote one paragraph of

no offense, bionicle.