If you could wear a Kanohi mask, which would it be?

Yes, but given that the Toa Nuva's Golden Kanohi merged together to make an entirely different mask, wouldn't "different powered Golden Kanohi" do as well? Granted, it wouldn't the Masks of Wisdom or Valor, but it would still be a single-powered mask.

You appear to be under the impression that Kaita masks have only one power, but that is not the case:

The Kanohi Rua was the Great Mask of Wisdom. It gave its user the powers of Levitation, Water Breathing, and X-Ray Vision. A Rua can be formed by merging a Miru, Kaukau, and Akaku together. The powers could be activated separately or in combination.

Whether Golden Masks could be mixed to create Kaita masks with more than three powers, I have no idea. A great question for Greg. :P I would lean toward no (in canon...). Just sounds too good to be true, yanno?

As to the humans turning into Kaita thing, let's suppose hypothetically that this is a crossover universe where humans discover that if they put a mask on their face (perhaps with a magnetic headband), they can use the mask powers. In such a case, humans could not become Kaita directly (though what if humans wore a Mask of Fusion? Then what?? lol). BUT, notice this from same BS01 page:

If the Rua were to be taken off of its Toa Kaita user, it would continue to stay together for as long as the Kaita existed.

So is it possible a bunch of Toa could do this, and then switch their Kaita mask for a single-powered mask a human was already wearing? Unlikely they would want to but let's not worry about plausibility in this kind of topic too much. :P Maybe the human is being sent on a special mission. Anywho. And we still can't assume that canonically such a Kaita mask is possible (with more than three powers -- maybe six at the most). But it was fun to think of the idea so there you go. :P

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

A Kanohi? As in, a single Kanohi? I want a Suva, dangit!

Really, the travel-based ones would probably be the most practical to have in reality...so I'd probably want either a Kadin or an Olmak, or possibly a Kakama or Kualsi.

Though I wouldn't say no to a Calix or Sanok, either.

I'm honestly a little surprised most people are picking travel powers over telekinesis. Sure, you can get from point A to point B but I'd rather have telekinesis to do things at point A. You could also use it to build and control vehicles too. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Really, the travel-based ones would probably be the most practical to have in reality...so I'd probably want either a Kadin or an Olmak, or possibly a Kakama or Kualsi.

I'm honestly a little surprised most people are picking travel powers over telekinesis. Sure, you can get from point A to point B but I'd rather have telekinesis to do things at point A. You could also use it to build and control vehicles too. :P

Hey! I said I wanted telekinesis! Gimme! :evilbiggrin:

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Not like we have the expertise to put together said vehicle :P It'd probably fall apart within seconds unless it's a wooden plank with wheels.

A Mask of Creation however, the possibilities are near endless. Create a teleporting device or create other Kanohi masks :)

• Upvote 1

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Who says that flight can't be used to do things at point A? :P

TBH I have two problems with telekinesis:

1) It's too tempting to use for evil. I can totally imagine myself getting one of those clicky pens and surfing it up next to somebody's ear. Pen clicks, person jumps. And that's just the beginning. Smacking people with stuff. Stabbing people in the back from afar. Lifting people around. Typing embarrassing messages on other people's computer keyboards.

For some reason I find it harder to imagine good uses for this power. It's probably a fault with my mind, not with the power, but if this power corrupts me I want to stay far away from it.
2) I can move/rearrange everything around me, but I'm stuck. I'll have trouble moving and focusing on the telekinesis at the same time, so if my barriers fail I'm a sitting duck.
Still, I'd want that power if WWIII were to break out for its usefulness in shoving people/objects away. (I shall chuck that nuclear bomb into the sea! <_<)
Another thing that occured to me in analysis would be that Kadin users would vulnerable to Matatu users. Couldn't the telekinesis people (dread dread) move around Kadin users and knock them out of the sky? If everyone got masks, I would probably take Light instead (It's hard to move stuff around with your mind if you can't see, plus I could use the mask's subpowers to get the telekinetics on my side. :P) The power of flight has the most appeal to me though for other reasons, but I could see it as risky. Especially if you have to wear the mask on your face - flight sans peripheral vision: F-. Although telekinesis sans peripheral vision would be real annoying too...:shrugs:
  • Upvote 2

You know what? Screw it, I'm gonna take an Avsa. Sucking the life from people and turning them evil just sounds like too much fun to pass up. :evilgrin:

• Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

No one ever said telekinesis wasn't cool. I was just thinking, with the traveling Kanohi you wouldn't need to buy a car or pay for gas, and with the Kadin and the Olmak, you could get out of buying airplane tickets, too. The combination of "cool" and "saves money" wins in this case. Of course, if I could have two Kanohi, I'd probably at least consider a Matatu.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Not like we have the expertise to put together said vehicle :P It'd probably fall apart within seconds unless it's a wooden plank with wheels.

Lol -- but then again, the topic doesn't say anything about whether the tech we already have in this world is in or out of this hypothetical. :P I figured we're talking about simply adding the choice of one mask to the world we already have. And even if not, eventually we could invent things like cars, planes etc. right?

TBH I have two problems with telekinesis:

1) It's too tempting to use for evil. I can totally imagine myself getting one of those clicky pens and surfing it up next to somebody's ear. Pen clicks, person jumps. And that's just the beginning. Smacking people with stuff. Stabbing people in the back from afar. Lifting people around. Typing embarrassing messages on other people's computer keyboards.

For some reason I find it harder to imagine good uses for this power. It's probably a fault with my mind, not with the power, but if this power corrupts me I want to stay far away from it.
Okay then. :P

Couldn't the telekinesis people (dread dread) move around Kadin users and knock them out of the sky?

Possible...

If everyone got masks, I would probably take Light instead (It's hard to move stuff around with your mind if you can't see, plus I could use the mask's subpowers to get the telekinetics on my side. :P)

Or telekinetically grab the flashlight and by the way a bunch of backup batteries. :P (Or lantern, extra oil, etc. -- or lightstone for that matter.) Of course, you can only telekinetically hold up so much at once, but click it on, point it at the stuff between you and it, fly it to you, then hold it normally and move other stuff.

Although telekinesis sans peripheral vision would be real annoying too... :shrugs:

That brings up the idea that Kanohi masks might not fit human faces as well as Toa, heh. The noses... Of course, one could be molded to counteract these problems.

No one ever said telekinesis wasn't cool. I was just thinking, with the traveling Kanohi you wouldn't need to buy a car or pay for gas, and with the Kadin and the Olmak, you could get out of buying airplane tickets, too. The combination of "cool" and "saves money" wins in this case. Of course, if I could have two Kanohi, I'd probably at least consider a Matatu.

Well, I was thinking more of the word "practical" in your post rather than cool. And doesn't telekinesis actually do a lot more to help with money issues? Now work is so much easier; you could earn a lot more money to pay for travel and a lot else as well. IMO Matatu is more practical overall.

Plus there's safety. I'd rather travel inside a car, so the car works as armor, than fly so that if the mask got broken I'd fall to my death, or (Kualsi) have my molecules destroyed just to move a short distance, or risk ending up in the wrong universe, etc.

Anywho, food fer thoughts. :)

• Upvote 3

Lol -- but then again, the topic doesn't say anything about whether the tech we already have in this world is in or out of this hypothetical. :P I figured we're talking about simply adding the choice of one mask to the world we already have. And even if not, eventually we could invent things like cars, planes etc. right?

If you like skateboarding...

Although traveling by car (fits under subject) leaves you susceptible to car accidents, which are statistically more likely to kill you than even airplane travel. Although telekinesis might help you survive said crash. :shrugs: Also: Traffic jam.

Unless you can move all the cars in your way. Probably give you a huge headache, if you can even do it.

Okay then. :P

More telekinesis for you? :P Seriously, when I hijack your airplane...heck, I don't even have to be on the airplane. *waves hands and shoves airplane into building* *collapses from headache*

In theory though, you could use this power to get past any keyhole, using your mind to rearrange the lock tumblers. Theft would be easy, and without a single trace. (Maybe I should make a list. Ever seen/read Matilda? I was surprised that she didn't shove the giant cake into Mrs. Trenchbull's face, but whatever.)

As for what good, I'm still at a loss. Although with the Matilda example there was a happy ending, but the telekinesis was more of a childish prank thing going on than actual real benefit. :shrugs: (Mind-corrupting childhood influences. :P)

This also reminds me of the Darth Vader force-choke thing too. Aside from Nuju, telekinesis usually ends up in villainous hands. The Bionicle universe is so different that it's harder to translate Nuju's uses of it (and Onua's in MNOG) past the closer-to-real-life villainous analogues.

EDIT: It has occurred to me that you can do a lot of things with telekinesis that you can do with flight (i.e. catch people falling from buildings, shove people out of the way of incoming cars, etc). Flight is moving your body in 3-D space, versus telekin with is moving other things around in 3-D space. Given that your body can move things around in and of itself...yeah.

On the other hand, our bodies aren't the most sturdy, impact resistant things. :shrugs: On the other other hand, we move things around with our hands fairly well, but we use machines to move ourselves around because our standard method of translocating is insufficient. We make entire industries entirely dedicated to this. If we had traveling Kanohi, we could allocate those resources to other things, which works on a personal and group level. :shrugs:

If everyone got masks, I would probably take Light instead (It's hard to move stuff around with your mind if you can't see, plus I could use the mask's subpowers to get the telekinetics on my side. :P)

Or telekinetically grab the flashlight and by the way a bunch of backup batteries. :P (Or lantern, extra oil, etc. -- or lightstone for that matter.) Of course, you can only telekinetically hold up so much at once, but click it on, point it at the stuff between you and it, fly it to you, then hold it normally and move other stuff.

I was referring to the MoL's ability to temporarily flashblind your opponent with intense light, which a flashlight can't do. In a world of telekinetics, that could be my only defense (aside from joining the bandwagon myself, and then that power is really lame if everyone else has it too). Although if there were a world of telekinetics, you'd think that they would design better locks. :P

That brings up the idea that Kanohi masks might not fit human faces as well as Toa, heh. The noses... Of course, one could be molded to counteract these problems.

Also the fact that our eyes are somewhat naturally recessed in our faces. At least mine are. The eye area would have to be thinner, methinks.

Edited by fishers64

Definitely the Mask of Conjuring… if I knew how to use it, of course :)

It would be awesome if I could, lets say, "program" a teleportation power into it to get to school on time, and then a knowledge-based power for end of the year finals… ^_^

(Yay, first post!)

Edited by Aho
  • Upvote 1

Thing is, the average person wouldn't know how to do all of this :P Tell me, bones, do you know how to make a car right now?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Thing is, the average person wouldn't know how to do all of this :P Tell me, bones, do you know how to make a car right now?

Unless the Matatu gives the user the knowledge and finesse to use the telekinetic ability in complex ways, it wouldn't be very useful until the power could be practiced and adjusted. Assembling a car is not something that most of us know how to do, and it's reasonable that we might use some of our fine motor control while telekinetically assembling anything, at least at first.

More telekinesis for you? :P Seriously, when I hijack your airplane...heck, I don't even have to be on the airplane. *waves hands and shoves airplane into building* *collapses from headache*

It's a funny thought; but not only would you need to manipulate the precise controls of the airplane, which you can't see, you'd need to account for tailwinds, updrafts, downdrafts- all the weather related harrows of flying a plane. Not to mention the angry crew and passengers.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

What does it matter? The average person doesn't know how to make cars now yet can buy them.

But yes, in principle I do know how to make a car right now. ;) But I'm a physics geek, not the average person. :P (But that really doesn't matter. Whatever job you have, whatever your skill set, chances are Matatu could help, earning money more, so it's easier to buy a vehicle from people who make 'em -- plus it could really help people experiment and make them faster even if there were none! Travel masks only get you to work and other places faster; they don't help you actually do work. Bleagh. :P)

Edited by bonesiii

What does it matter? The average person doesn't know how to make cars now yet can buy them.

But yes, in principle I do know how to make a car right now. ;) But I'm a physics geek, not the average person. :P (But that really doesn't matter. Whatever job you have, whatever your skill set, chances are Matatu could help, earning money more, so it's easier to buy a vehicle from people who make 'em -- plus it could really help people experiment and make them faster even if there were none! Travel masks only get you to work and other places faster; they don't help you actually do work. Bleagh. :P)

Which is why the Mask of Creation would be the best because you could make anything your heart desired, money, cars, a house, basically anything. :D Your career would skyrocket. ;) Then you could worry about having to get from point A to point B lol

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Well, right, but I figure it goes without saying that only one person could own a Legendary Mask. :P Unless we throw canon rules by the wayside, but then the topic would become completely arbitrary, heh.

Well, come to think of it, other Legendary powers have subpowers that have their own masks, like Vahi/Time and Mohtrek/Time Duplication. I suppose there might be some kind of lesser version(s) of Creation that could have more than one. Although I guess by the constraints of the topic question we couldn't select them just because we don't know about them in canon. :shrugs:

I've always thought that an Olmak would be good for sooo many reasons. You could run the fastest, most successful delivery service in the world. :P

(Yay, first post! :br:)

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

If a Mask of Kindred worked on normal animals, maybe that'd be useful too? Depends what classifies as a power, I suppose? (Is flight considered a power?)

Why so many question marks?

BS01 is confusing on this; it says "power" in the main article, but the sidebar says "abilities." There's also the quote at the top attributed to Hahli:

"There are beasts of the sea immune to any venom, and I am as well, if I choose."

But that could be a power or an ability; at first I thought it would be a biological thing, but "any" may imply a power that cheats. In short, I dunno. I think I looked it up in the actual book sources and found an answer when I was working on that part of the story for my retelling but now I forget what I found lol.

I would think flying would definitely be out, at least for Earth animals; if a bird flies because it has wing bones and feathers, it's hard to see how Kindred would help. That would be more shapeshifting (one or two mask powers covers that I think... I forget the proper labels at moment though...). It's possible the mask wouldn't work at all in our universe unless somebody started giving animals the ability to use mask powers too. :P

• Upvote 2

If a Mask of Kindred worked on normal animals, maybe that'd be useful too? Depends what classifies as a power, I suppose? (Is flight considered a power?)

Why so many question marks?

BS01 is confusing on this; it says "power" in the main article, but the sidebar says "abilities." There's also the quote at the top attributed to Hahli:

"There are beasts of the sea immune to any venom, and I am as well, if I choose."

But that could be a power or an ability; at first I thought it would be a biological thing, but "any" may imply a power that cheats. In short, I dunno. I think I looked it up in the actual book sources and found an answer when I was working on that part of the story for my retelling but now I forget what I found lol.

I would think flying would definitely be out, at least for Earth animals; if a bird flies because it has wing bones and feathers, it's hard to see how Kindred would help. That would be more shapeshifting (one or two mask powers covers that I think... I forget the proper labels at moment though...). It's possible the mask wouldn't work at all in our universe unless somebody started giving animals the ability to use mask powers too. :P

I'm sure that the mask could work in our universe. :) For example, you could mimic spider powers, and climb walls (aka Spiderman) or could use a bat's echo location for sonar, certain creatures can heal themselves faster, so you could use that, or your senses could be enhanced, by mimicking creatures that have greater sense of smell, hearing, or sight. Or even you could be immune to poison, like Hahli told Mantax, or you could give an electric charge like eels in our world. If you're creative, it's definitely a good mask to have around. :)

Formerly Iron_Man5

Unless "powers" only refers to the powers like Shielding, elemental powers, etc. as it normally does. :shrugs:

Well maybe, but in BIONICLE the Rahi (and sea creatures) that Hahli copied didn't exactly have "powers" so I'm pretty sure that by powers, it basically means abilities that other creatures don't have, that just come naturally. Kinda like the "powers" that the Barraki have, Mantax with his poison, Carapar, immunity to most attacks, Kalmah, regeneration (to a certain degree), Takadox enhanced hypnosis, and Ehlek and his electric spines. Those could be called powers, but they also are common among sea creatures.

Formerly Iron_Man5

• 2 weeks later...

My mask would be the Kanohi Mask of Nachos :drooling: .

Okay for real. My mask would be the Kanohi Garai, really useful (for a lazy person like me :P) but not really with anyone who is the Toa of Gravity.

Faxon. To copy Rahi powers.

Now you can copy the power of a turtle and/or a snail :P

Edited by ShadowWolfHount
  • Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Why has nobody said the Kraahkan yet? Why can't you just love a mask which lets you control elemental shadow, fear and anger?

I was going to pick the Kraahkan buuuuut with me and the power of lazy, I picked the Gatai.

• Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Why has nobody said the Kraahkan yet? Why can't you just love a mask which lets you control elemental shadow, fear and anger?

Well I would, except that the Kraahkan has the nasty habit of blasting anyone who's not a Makuta with shadow bolts... not very profitable in my eyes haha

• Upvote 2

Formerly Iron_Man5

Honestly my Kanohi of choice would be the Huna, just because of my love for stealth-related powers and stealth games. Runner up would be Kualsi since teleportation would be handy anywhere.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Honestly my Kanohi of choice would be the Huna, just because of my love for stealth-related powers and stealth games.

Never would've guessed that

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

• 3 weeks later...