WANTED: Who changed my member title without telling me?

Meiko

No reward

Someone just tell me which one of you staffers changed my member title to "Super Secret Chir Brother" without telling me. k?

srsly

• Upvote 4

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

If someone had told me that I'd be allowed to have a custom member title I would have chosen one long ago.

a better one

than this

• Upvote 2

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Will these ranks be permanent?

pls no

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Well, what's wrong with it? The fact that your input wasn't involved?

I don't particularly like it, and would rather the default or something that better identifies me as an individual, not that identifies me by who my brothers are.

• Upvote 4

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

You're not here anyways. Although, I almost feel like this is the set up for an April Fools joke.

sig.png

• Upvote 1

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

I don't particularly like it, and would rather the default or something that better identifies me as an individual, not that identifies me by who my brothers are.

Ah, I see. Well, I didn't say this, but this is the Internet. Here, you aren't allowed to have an opinion! :lol:

• Upvote 4

mindeth the cobwebs

Ah, I see. Well, I didn't say this, but this is the Internet. Here, you aren't allowed to have an opinion! :lol:

But I can complain. :)

• Upvote 5

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

but really, I didn't know you were a Chir. Good luck on your quest.

I'm not, and it does bug me when people identify me by being related to them yet I don't associate myself with them online, since I prefer my own self-identity to be what people look at online.

• Upvote 2

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

So basicly, you want to be yourself online.

Both you and I know that things tend to leak on the internet, something like this was bound to happen sooner or later. why can I change my Member title.

• Upvote 2

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

Both you and I know that things tend to leak on the internet, something like this was bound to happen sooner or later. why can I change my Member title.

Most online LEGO communities know that Aanchir and Lyichir are my brothers, however BZPower is the only LEGO community that ever seems to care about that. Eurobricks, Brickipedia, RRU, Brickset, and many others know they're my brothers, but on all of those sites I've never seen someone identify me as "Aanchir and Lyichir's brother".

• Upvote 2

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Most online LEGO communities know that Aanchir and Lyichir are my brothers, however BZPower is the only LEGO community that ever seems to care about that. Eurobricks, Brickipedia, RRU, Brickset, and many others know they're my brothers, but on all of those sites I've never seen someone identify me as "Aanchir and Lyichir's brother".

I don't know how close-knit those sites are, but I think the fact that quite a lot of members on this site know and have met you three personally has made your 'brotherhood' much more apparent to them, and so the fact that you're related gets more attention here. That's what I'd put it down to.

Edited by Sir Kohran
  • Upvote 2

Meiko, it seems like you're getting all up in arms about something that could have been resolved privately. I'd hardly say that BZP cares about your familiar relations any more than any other site.

And I have to admit, it's actually a pretty funny member title.

(I accidentally asked for my member title, and since then, I've wholeheartedly embraced it)

Edited by Sumiki
  • Upvote 12

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Remember back in the day, when if someone got given a special thing that other members didn't get, they wore it as a mark of pride rather than complaining about it?

In fairness to Meiko, he's made his reason for not liking it fairly clear.

Now, I do agree with Sumiki that he would've done better to deal with it quietly via PM. Instead, by making a whole topic about the title, he's actually drawn yet more attention to his being Aanchir and Lyichir's brother.

• Upvote 9

This must be early preparation for april's fools since it is coming soon

• Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.