Artahka's Matoran?

So all Matoran, after the Great Sprit robot's demise have evacuated to SM. That would logically include all of the Matoran on the island of Artahka, correct?

What do you think they will do? Will they try to keep to themselves, as they were in the MU, and possibly branch out into their own little village? Will some of them try to find Artahka, seeing that he's missing? Or will they try to integrate themselves back into Matoran society?

What do you think?

Probably, remain isolated from the rest of the Matoran and start their own little hamlet out in the mountains. I base that mostly on the fact that their lifestyle is pretty deeply ingrained into their thinking; no real reason to change IMO. Sure, the entire MU had to band together to fight Teridax, but still I think it would be hard for Artahka's Matoran to not try and just get away from it all again.

Just my 0.35 cents (I'd say two cents, but with inflation these days it's really about the same.).

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Wow, you raise a very interesting point. Unfortunately, we can't really do anything but speculate on the matter, since we've barely even seen any of Artakha's Matoran -- there was that one in Downfall, IIRC, who didn't seem particularly friendly. I don't think he/she's gonna be chumming it up with the Agori any time soon. But who knows? Anyone can be moved by their ego; if the Agori and Matoran shower enough laud and praise on the crafters for helping out, they could prove a valuable asset in building the new society on Spherus Magna.

Someone else pointed out that they'd probably want to find Artakha -- I agree wholeheartedly, but I don't know if the Matoran themselves would embark on such a mission. Rather, they'd probably enlist a few Toa to seek him out. Unless they've invented machines like the Boxor that they could use for such a purpose? Like I said, it's all speculation at this point, but I think we've definitely sown the seeds for a few fanfics already. XD

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Probably, remain isolated from the rest of the Matoran and start their own little hamlet out in the mountains. I base that mostly on the fact that their lifestyle is pretty deeply ingrained into their thinking; no real reason to change IMO. Sure, the entire MU had to band together to fight Teridax, but still I think it would be hard for Artahka's Matoran to not try and just get away from it all again.

Just my 0.35 cents (I'd say two cents, but with inflation these days it's really about the same.).

Another thing I thought of is that it might be hard to get away from it all again. If they are really skilled, etc they could become celebrities. Although they might not be known in other places, so it's possible that they might succeed and drift back into legend again...

Why the mountains? :shrugs: They're used to living on an island, so why would they go that way?

Wow, you raise a very interesting point. Unfortunately, we can't really do anything but speculate on the matter, since we've barely even seen any of Artakha's Matoran -- there was that one in Downfall, IIRC, who didn't seem particularly friendly. I don't think he/she's gonna be chumming it up with the Agori any time soon. But who knows? Anyone can be moved by their ego; if the Agori and Matoran shower enough laud and praise on the crafters for helping out, they could prove a valuable asset in building the new society on Spherus Magna.

Someone else pointed out that they'd probably want to find Artakha -- I agree wholeheartedly, but I don't know if the Matoran themselves would embark on such a mission. Rather, they'd probably enlist a few Toa to seek him out. Unless they've invented machines like the Boxor that they could use for such a purpose? Like I said, it's all speculation at this point, but I think we've definitely sown the seeds for a few fanfics already. XD

I don't know, but I kind of dislike being relegated to Speculation Island. "It's all speculation! We can't be sure of anything!" :P I think there is some evidence here, enough for a discussion. We can theorize, ask Greg, and make fanfics, you know. We're not there yet.

What Toa would Artahka's Matoran enlist? I find that to be lacking in evidence. If one of those Matoran was rude to the Toa Nuva, I doubt they would be buddy up to them - it would be more likely that they would try to invent their way out or just go it alone, methinks.

Edited by fishers64

Why the mountains?

It's kind of a cliche that if you want to get away from it all you should go live up in the mountains; you raise a good point, chances are they won't go with mountains maybe they'll start a ranch out in the country?

It's true, that it might be hard for them to get away, but it's a big planet and I don't see them trying too hard to become famous. After all, they've spent most of the last 100,000 (give or take) secluded on an island; isolation might just be normal for all of them. :shrugs:

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

I think they will integrate in the new Spherus Magna society. There are two reasons for this:

• They would have a very important role. The Bara Magna natives are not very skilled as far as technology is concerned and the same goes for many Matoran and other inhabitants of the MU. The Matoran of Artakha, on the contrary, may be second only to the Nynrah Ghosts (and perhaps not even that) when it comes to designing and producing advanced technology. For this reason, they may also be one of the few groups who can figure out how the mechanisms of the Great Spirit Robot worked and since I guess most of the technology for the new society will initially be salvaged from there, they would be essential in making it function again. I think the Turaga and the other leaders of Spherus Magna would pressure them to remain with them and although they may be secretive, they are still Matoran and I don't think they would refuse a request for help.
  • We have to consider that, on Artakha, they were isolated, but they didn't actually need the outside world. Their ruler provided them with anything, from resources to protection. If they tried to isolate themselves now, they would be forced to fend for themselves, something they have never needed to do until now (except, perhaps, for a brief period under Teridax's rule). As a result, they probably lack the ability to live autonomously and actually need to integrate into the protected Spherus Magna society even more than other groups.

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing