BBC Contest #67 Final Poll!

BBC Contest #67 Final Poll!  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Final Poll

BBC Contest #67: Super Smash Builders!

This is it... it's the final round of voting for BBC Contest #67: Super Smash Builders!

Final Voting begins March 25th and ends March 27th at 11:59 P.M. EST.

The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on March 27th.

---------------------------------------------------------

BZP Rules and Guidelines

---------------------------------------------------------

1. c67_02.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Barioth

2. link_and_ganondorf_collage_v3.png_thumb. >>> Ocarina of Time Link and Ganondorf

3. c67_04.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Super Mario

4. c67_17.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Kingdom Hearts II Sora

5. entrypic.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Halo: Tiny Co-op!

6. 1395015692235.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> DOG

7. samus00.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> PHAZON SUIT SAMUS ARAN

8. honedgeentrypic.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Honedge

• Upvote 2
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

I voted for 3, because it's original.

Everything else is the same old nonsense, built with loads of pieces that most people simply don't have in large numbers.

I have always felt that 99% of these contests are heavily biased towards those who have spent a lot of money on LEGO pieces.

• Upvote 2

Had to go with #2 in the end, but if it weren't for the additional weapons I would've gone with the Honedge. All of these are fantastic, though, one of the best showings for a BBCC in a long time.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Would have voted for the Legend of Zelda entry, had it not been for that Ganondorf. Really does not compliment the Link in any way shape or form. He actually drew my attention away from the really well made weapons and top-notch Link.

Despite having never played any of the games (so I guess you can't accuse me of being biased?), had to give my vote to the expertly crafted Sora. Everywhere I looked, he matched the source picture even in places where he shouldn't have. Mad skills on the bedhead anime hair.

Phovos, on 26 Mar 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

I have always felt that 99% of these contests are heavily biased towards those who have spent a lot of money on LEGO pieces.

I'm getting some vintage BBC Contest comments flashbacks from this.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 2

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I voted for #1, simply because I'm a Monster Hunter fan and it needs more votes. If that wasn't there, I'd vote for #2 all the way.

The Toa Inika/Mahri were the destined heroes of 2008, not the Toa Nuva... According to the Faber Files at least...

~~~~Pikminjake

I know it's not objectively the best MOC on display here, but since I'm such a big Half Life fan, that super awesome replica of DOG really tickled me. Honestly, though, pretty much everything here is great.

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~
  • Upvote 1

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

At the end of the day, it came down to Mario, Link/Ganondorf, and Halo.

I ended up going with Halo.

Good luck to everyone. Some great entries in this contest. :D

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

It was hard to go between the Legend of Zelda entry and the Halo entry. However, I instantly decided what to vote for when I remembered number 7 - Phazon Suit Samus. Metroid all the way! Good job on all the MOCs, though.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

I like all these guys, so I had to null. Would have gone for #2 because Link is pretty nice but the Ganondorf really doesn't match the quality. If it were Link alone, I'd probably have gone for it.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I admit, I voted for mine (#6). I wanted at least one vote :P

Everything else is the same old nonsense, built with loads of pieces that most people simply don't have in large numbers.

While I agree that that is a factor, it seems (for this contest anyway) that the popularity of the game is also a huge factor. Also, just to point it out, the majority of the pieces I used on Dog are around 13-8 years old and are mostly from sets that were given as gifts. The newest couple pieces used are at least 4 years old. I have spent relitively little on my collection and, save the oddity of having 3 Kakama, I didn't think I had a lot of rare(ish) pieces in large numbers at all, let alone to have used in Dog.

I admit that I have a large large large collection, the Samus MOC is almost entirely HF parts and easily-attainable current system parts. Definitely not one of my more intricate builds by a long shot. (The roborider wheels are actually the wheels from the first ARC-170, so those are the hardest to attain parts in the entire MOC).

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Oh man, can't believe I let the voting for this contest slip by me! This contest was right up my alley and I enjoyed looking at all of the entries after the entry period closed. But then forgot about voting...

Perhaps it's my love of the franchise just showing itself, but I had to go with Sora here. It's just such a great representation of the character.

Good luck everyone though! I do love all of these.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

All entries are fantastic. I can't see a single one that doesn't deserve to win. #2 might be the best constructed, but #3 has creativity, and #7 has that classic DV "sleekness."

The tie-breaker for me is that Metroid is awesome, so #7 gets my vote. Best of luck to everyone!

silverbladebanner.jpg

I ended up going for the sleekest entry (even though I don't have the slightest idea what it's from). I also happen to be a big sucker for good posing. The Zelda was tempting, but Ganondorf was just too rough a build. I really did love Zelda's shield, though. I think I could have gone either way had it not been for Ganondorf. I went with #7.

Gotta say, I'm disappointed #4 isn't getting more votes. It's a really stellar build, definitely my favorite entry except for a particular one I'm biased towards. I've never played the game #4 is from, but the way the character is recreated is fantastic.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Gotta say, I'm disappointed #4 isn't getting more votes. It's a really stellar build, definitely my favorite entry except for a particular one I'm biased towards. I've never played the game #4 is from, but the way the character is recreated is fantastic.

Feel you on the biased part, but I'm not surprised about that one. Were I not in the poll, my vote would go towards the Halo entry. The Sora has some nice techniques, but I'm mystified by the comments saying it is recognizable. Enjoy a ton of your Link, though. The barrels for gauntlets are brilliant. And the bangs are neat too!

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg