Refrences to pop culture and the real world in Lego Media

I was watching the Brain Attack episode on the Hero Factory site the other day, and I noticed that at one point where the Brains have Alpha Team stuck at a three-way intersection, a poster for a movie can be seen. It is an obvious parody of the famous movie "Jaws," and is instead named "Jawblade," complete with matching font, background and a picture of Jawblade approaching a female robot in the same manner as the shark from "Jaws." I was wondering if anyone else has noticed little tidbits like this in Lego media, especially Bionicle/Hero Factory. Feel free to post anything like that, and have a good time!

Edited by RahkshiToa88

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I seem to remember that Bionicle did have quite a bit of pop-culture/real-world references in it. I can't think of any specific examples, though. This was one contributing factor to the "comatose" theory that sprung up on the forums a few months ago, though.

• Upvote 1
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I seem to remember that Bionicle did have quite a bit of pop-culture/real-world references in it. I can't think of any specific examples, though. This was one contributing factor to the "comatose" theory that sprung up on the forums a few months ago, though.

What about Nuparu saying "I'm an engineer, not a poet."?

• Upvote 2

Well there's a ton in the LEGO Movie. Many parts of the movie's humour comes from real-world references such as the "Orb of Titleist" and many others.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 3 weeks later...

In hero factory brain attack bulk yells BULK SMASH, but that ones pretty obvious

POWER TO THE FANS

LETS TAKE BACK BZP FROM THE HERO FACTORY FANBOYS

STOP THIS POINTLESS CENSORSHIP AND SHEATHE THE BAN HAMMERS

BRING BACK THE FRIENDLY AND INFORMATIVE BZP

SUPPORT TTV AND GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Karda Nui, an immense spherical cavern at the heart of the Mata Nui robot, so big that it has its own sky and its own sea, and lit by a glow from its upper reaches, is just like the center of the earth in Journey to the Center of the Earth.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Well, Vezon is a pretty good source of these, such as when the Federation of Fear crew found Miserix. This one's particularly relevant to the example cited in the OP.

(Gang sees Miserix in his gigantic dragon form)

Brutaka: Don't say it.

Vezon: We're gonna need --

Brutaka: -- a bigger boat. I know.

(Love how Brutaka totally sees this coming, BTW.)

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison