Legends of Chima Season 2

Black Six

What does everyone think of the new season of Legends of Chima? Honestly I'm still trying to catch up through the first season, but I'm wondering if I should pick up the pace to get to the new stuff.

I'm assuming thus far it's based on the sets that are out now, so we've got spiders and scorpions and bats involved in the Outlands.

Let's hear it!

Has the new season started airing yet?

I am looking forward to it and I feel like it may turn out much better than the first season. The addition of an overarching goal and true antagonists should keep the story more focused, which was a problem with the first season.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

I've caught up with the new season and I have to say its much better than I anticipated. While Laval and the gang are now back to being best buds (even after trying to kill each other back in Season 1), they are tasked with a even greater mission that brings them to the outlands (where there is a intricate plot behind the existence of the black cloud, people will be able to piece the pieces with the current eps). The addition of Lavertus as Shadowwind makes for a interesting discussion especially when it comes to uncovering his past and possible character development for the main 8. Its good to see that unlike Hero Factory (the most recent ep was horrendous), Chima retains what makes it good as a cartoon and that's the humour and single-mindedness of the main characters, this leaves for much character development as we work deeper into Chima's storyline and good jokes that can help us relate to the new generation of Lego fans (who might be our own children).

pokebannerforzaktansnake.png
Credit goes to Bundalings for the Signature!

I think the second Chima season looks even better then the first. With tons of new weapons, vehicles, and characters, it looks like it will be the best season yet!

If anyone in interested, you can find all the chima episodes, up to episode 25 on YT. But the are all in Korean, so you will need subtitles to really be able to understand them.

Edited by ldd2000

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

promo_banner.png

Creating topic for Idd2000, please don't post until he does.

Or he'll eat you

Most definitely; my friends and I... didn't really find much positive about the first season at all. Good ideas, atrocious execution.

The second season, however, has been a welcome surprise and shows a definite increase in quality.

-Mesonak

• Upvote 1

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I haven't seen a lot of Chima's first season. I only seen like the first three episodes and one part of an episode where they were trying to get to the giant floating island. Honestly, I thought that Ninjago's storyline was better, but maybe that's because I was more interested in it. Again, I haven't seen a lot Chima's first season, so maybe when I get some free time I will watch them to see if it improves. (Though based on some of the other comments I've read, I guess that may not be the case. :P)

As for season two, I've only seen one promo for it. If it is already airing, I haven't heard anything on it.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The second season is far better than the first as far as I'm concerned. The first season was more along the lines of whiny animal teenagers making big political decisions and screwing up left and right. The second season is about the backlash of the first and how the now, somewhat more mature characters are trying to restore the peace and stop the new foe. In short, yes, as painful as it may be to watch the first, the second is certainly worth it.

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Second season? I didn't even know it had a first. Has it been greatly improved after the initial two-episode special? I essentially ditched the theme after that. It bored me out of my mind. Even my younger sisters didn't care for it. I can't remember for sure, but I think they fell asleep before the first half-hour was done.

How well will you die?

Second season? I didn't even know it had a first. Has it been greatly improved after the initial two-episode special? I essentially ditched the theme after that. It bored me out of my mind. Even my younger sisters didn't care for it. I can't remember for sure, but I think they fell asleep before the first half-hour was done.

The rest of the first season is about the same in quality, albeit a little faster paced. The second season is much higher quality with a driving plot and convincing villains. Also, assuming it's the pacing you're worrying about, the second season is set in a state of urgency and and the main plot line is based around a quest into dangerous lands, so it's alot better in that respect.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

There was really almost nothing I liked about it, outside of the animation. The characters annoyed me. The plot annoyed me. The script annoyed me. And worst of all, it bored me. I suppose I can always give it a second chance, though.

How well will you die?

I gave up on the first season about 5 or so episodes before it ended, I think. It wasn't ever the least bit enjoyable and quitting just felt like a time-saver. If the second really is that much better, however, I might consider getting back into it. I was so excited for this theme back when it first came out, but the show ended up being so bad it pretty much killed all my interest in it. Ah well. I have a lot of shows to catch up on, but maybe I'll go back to season 2 sometime. Maybe.

AXKP5KC.png

There was really almost nothing I liked about it, outside of the animation. The characters annoyed me. The plot annoyed me. The script annoyed me. And worst of all, it bored me. I suppose I can always give it a second chance, though.

That about sums up the first season.

I can't say for sure that you'll like the second, but I must admit that I certainly am. Although, that's in comparison with the first, so really not saying much overall.

Edited by ~garnira returns~

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

It seems that I am about the only one who liked even some bits of the first season. Granted, I don't think the season overall is that good, but I did think it improved a bit after the first two episodes. I think I even started enjoying some episodes after the wolf tribe started acting like actual villains. Though the way that plot wrapped up was not that great.

I even enjoyed some of the characters. Eris was pretty good, mostly because she never acted really dumb unlike the other main characters. I actually thought that the Raven Tribe was pretty funny, unlike most of the comic relief. I even thought that the Gorilla tribe was sort of fun.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46