Alternate Uses

KittehWubbins

I didn't know where else to put this, so lets go. Not sure if this is allowed but here it is. Moderators correct me if I am wrong about posting this.

Here you can share how use use pieces in every way that they are not usually used for. Be it Rahkshi heads for shoulder pads, certain pieces of armor for masks, anything! Of course, keep it appropriate and follow the forum rules.

beatdown2.png

DON'T MESS WITH US! NOTHING GETS PAST US! UNLESS WE WISH IT!

I like these kinds of unconventional part usages but I'm objectively horrible at it when it comes to using them on my own MOCs.

Generally speaking, I like trying to use masks for non-facial purposes (such as armor, or in the torso, or even as feet).

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

In Hero Factory, I love using the small XT-4 torso piece for feet. Combined with the Savage Planet paw piece it forms a simple bestial foot ideal for large creations. The new head from the Brain Attack sets is great for knobby glowing fingertips on large hands, or the ends of insect-like legs. Perhaps most hilariously, the chest armor shell detail from the Super Heroes, HF, or Chima action figures works decently as a chest but also works great as a butt. :P Combined with the rectangular shoulder-armor shell detail from the Super Heroes and HF themes, you can make a shapely posterior while mostly eliminating the typical gap formed around a figure's hip joints.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Perhaps most hilariously, the chest armor shell detail from the Super Heroes, HF, or Chima action figures works decently as a chest but also works great as a butt. :P Combined with the rectangular shoulder-armor shell detail from the Super Heroes and HF themes, you can make a shapely posterior while mostly eliminating the typical gap formed around a figure's hip joints.

Best. Use. Ever. You actually made me check and see if you ever made any MOCs with that use that you posted one here. That's just amazing!

mindeth the cobwebs

Thought I might add my two cents...

Classic hands as limbs for Matoran MOCs

Hordika heads for dragon mocs

Toa Nuva shoulder parts for chests, my brother uses them alot for femminine MOCs

2001 Matoran arms for tails and other things like tentacles

beatdown2.png

Toa Nuva shoulder parts for chests, my brother uses them alot [sic] for femminine [sic] MOCs

I would say something witty about clichés, but I can't think of anything.

In a recent abomination, I used disembodied minifigure parts as part of a weapon, and Toa Metru heads as ankles (which works surprisingly well).

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Toa Nuva shoulder parts for chests, my brother uses them alot [sic] for femminine [sic] MOCs

I would say something witty about clichés, but I can't think of anything.

In a recent abomination, I used disembodied minifigure parts as part of a weapon, and Toa Metru heads as ankles (which works surprisingly well).

Sorry. I know it is a cliché, thought I might mention it because I have seen many people make specifically feminine MOCs and I have never seen anyone use them.

beatdown2.png

Toa Mata torso as mech cockpit.

Thigh armor as the base for the main weapon of a Gatling Turtle. (Long story.)

HF 3.0 clubby hand pieces as shoulder and thigh armor.

Von Nebula spiky shoulder armor as anime-esque hair.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."