TNTOS

Welcome, all, to the review topic of my most recent (and last) epic, In the End. Read the epic itself here.

This epic serves not only as the finale to the Dawn Duology (consisting of this epic and the last, Dawn of the New Century), but also as the finale to my Bionicle fanfic universe (aka the Shikaverse) in general. It's been a fun ride, but with me putting more time into establishing my professional writing career, I feel like the Shikaverse's time has come.

There's not much to say here, except that I suggest reading Dawn of the New Century first, if you haven't already. Some familiarity with the Shikaverse* in general would help, but it's really only Dawn that you need to read first, which can be found here.

Comments, criticism, reviews, etc. are all welcome :) .

*You can find links to other Shikaverse stories in the red link to my library in my sig.

-TNTOS-

Edited by TNTOS

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

• 2 months later...

I'm excited to see how the end of this turns out! But so far the Kra-Matoran just seem like they're in the background.

Yeah, the Kra-Matoran aren't super important in this fic. I just couldn't figure out a way to make them more prominent without making the story way too long *shrug*.

But I'm happy to see you're excited for it anyway.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

The appearance of the Wanderer was a little unpredictable (did she appear in an earlier series?) but well handled. It's a little close to a deus ex machina but avoids it by having her have no obvious benefit. And her Solek-like attitude is enjoyable.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

The appearance of the Wanderer was a little unpredictable (did she appear in an earlier series?) but well handled. It's a little close to a deus ex machina but avoids it by having her have no obvious benefit. And her Solek-like attitude is enjoyable.

Yes, Wanderer first appeared in Tapestry of Evil, the second book in the Shika Trilogy (she basically sums up her role in that epic when she tells Ruby and Cina about her past experiences in Wyoko). Glad you like her. I always enjoyed writing her myself.

-TNTOS-

A Writerly Blog

• 5 weeks later...

Living sand? Did it escape from Artidax?

Maybe. I'm not sure. I didn't give that part very much thought.

-TNTOS-

A Writerly Blog

• 3 weeks later...

An exciting end (?) to the flashback section!

There's actually one more flashback chapter left, but glad you found that one exciting anyway.

-TNTOS-

A Writerly Blog

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice epilogue, it feels very settled.

Thanks :) . I was aiming to make it feel settled, as you said, and it looks like I succeeded.

I loved it like all of your other writings. Are you going to be writing more? A sequel or a different topic?

Keep writing great stories!

Sorry, but this is my last epic, at least for the foreseeable future. I'm currently trying to put more focus on my original, non-Bionicle works in order to become a professional, full-time fiction writer. Since fanfiction doesn't make me any money, I'm not writing it anymore. Basically I'm just going to be writing original stuff from now on, which is what will help my career in the long run.

But glad you liked it anyway. Really appreciate it.

BTW, if you're interested in reading some of my original works, you can just send me a PM and I'll point you to the ebook stores where you can buy them.

-TNTOS-

A Writerly Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice epilogue, it feels very settled.

Thanks :) . I was aiming to make it feel settled, as you said, and it looks like I succeeded.

I loved it like all of your other writings. Are you going to be writing more? A sequel or a different topic?

Keep writing great stories!

Sorry, but this is my last epic, at least for the foreseeable future. I'm currently trying to put more focus on my original, non-Bionicle works in order to become a professional, full-time fiction writer. Since fanfiction doesn't make me any money, I'm not writing it anymore. Basically I'm just going to be writing original stuff from now on, which is what will help my career in the long run.

But glad you liked it anyway. Really appreciate it.

BTW, if you're interested in reading some of my original works, you can just send me a PM and I'll point you to the ebook stores where you can buy them.

-TNTOS-

Ooooo. Yes please!

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~