How do spider webs stop a waterfall?

fishers64

How did the spiders, bats, and scorpions manage to stop the flow of chi water from Mount Cavora? I've heard spider webs offered as an explanation, but that doesn't seem to make any sense, as spider webs have holes in them. Also the black cloud was composed of bats, not spiders.

Wouldn't Mount Cavora eventually explode from too much liquid pressure, though? Or does that merely turn the chi water into orbs?

What do you think?

Personally, I think it's way to early (and let's face it there are still way to many plot holes that may or may not be filled) to be asking this, but from what I gather...Mt. Cavora could be covered with spider webs. They would only have to put more webs over the holes, and from my understanding; I don't think Mount Cavora is an endless supply of chi. It has a lot, but considering the fact that all of that chi is already being contained in their I think it's safe to say it wouldn't blow up.

I don't know. I'm only on season one of Chima.

Mount Cavora is really a plant and the black cloud cut off the sunlight-- the plant's source of energy/food-- which stopped the plant's fruiting process, aka it producing CHI.

I know, I was shocked too when I found it out.

I lied.

• Upvote 1

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Chima logic. Just like Nintendo logic, but in Chima instead. :P

But honestly, I wouldn't know. I didn't even know this was happening in the storyline. Maybe the bats have some sort of power that lets them stop the Chi water from coming out. That would be my best guess. Again, I have no idea since I really don't follow the storyline.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

In the episode where you see inside of one of the waterfall holes, there are webs over it, with a small stream of water leading up to the edge; but not nearly enough to fall over the edge. Regardless, there are countless webs covering a huge stash of Chi. I would assume that Mt. Cavora stopped distributing water and instead just converted it to chi. That would make more sense, because, as you said, the water could easily pass spider web.

As others have said, I don't think that Mt. Cavora has an unlimited supply of Chi. I wouldn't be surprised if Mt. Cavora stopped providing water altogether during the crisis Chima faced. So far, they've made it out to be a supernatural, almost ethereal, "being," whatever you want to call it. I would think it knew most of what was going on, and preemptively stopped Chi distribution.

Silk is actually incredibly strong, stronger than iron at the same thickness while being lighter. Use enough of it and you probably could dam a river or cut off sunlight or whatnot.

It also has countless holes. Eventually the water would find a way through.

-Rez

Edited by Reznas

Spider webs alone might not be able to easily block a flow of Chi... but collapse rocks or other debris into the web and you've got the makings of a dam. That's my best guess, anyway. I don't follow the show.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

In the episode where you see inside of one of the waterfall holes, there are webs over it, with a small stream of water leading up to the edge; but not nearly enough to fall over the edge. Regardless, there are countless webs covering a huge stash of Chi. I would assume that Mt. Cavora stopped distributing water and instead just converted it to chi. That would make more sense, because, as you said, the water could easily pass spider web.

As others have said, I don't think that Mt. Cavora has an unlimited supply of Chi. I wouldn't be surprised if Mt. Cavora stopped providing water altogether during the crisis Chima faced. So far, they've made it out to be a supernatural, almost ethereal, "being," whatever you want to call it. I would think it knew most of what was going on, and preemptively stopped Chi distribution.

-Rez

Spider webs alone might not be able to easily block a flow of Chi... but collapse rocks or other debris into the web and you've got the makings of a dam. That's my best guess, anyway. I don't follow the show.

I thought of what you're saying. The problem being, how the bats/spiders got those rocks up there. Those must have been pretty small rocks (to avoid being seen by the observers below), but then you have the same problem of water leaking though the gaps in the rocks. Although that made sense with what you said the show depicted, Reznas.

It's possible that Mt. Cavora doesn't respond well to invaders. Though why it turned OFF its forcefield to allow the invading tribes IN is beyond me, and then made Chi for them to steal...it's almost accommodating the invasion.

-Rez

I thought of what you're saying. The problem being, how the bats/spiders got those rocks up there. Those must have been pretty small rocks (to avoid being seen by the observers below), but then you have the same problem of water leaking though the gaps in the rocks. Although that made sense with what you said the show depicted, Reznas.

It's possible that Mt. Cavora doesn't respond well to invaders. Though why it turned OFF its forcefield to allow the invading tribes IN is beyond me, and then made Chi for them to steal...it's almost accommodating the invasion.

It's a mountain, right? So wouldn't it be made of rocks? I don't think getting rocks up there would be a problem.
  • Upvote 1

It's a mountain, right? So wouldn't it be made of rocks? I don't think getting rocks up there would be a problem.

:shrugs: This is a telekinetically supported mountain that produces fountains of chi water. Why would there be loose rocks up there?

I suppose that there were some rocks floating next to it, so I suppose it's possible...:shrugs:

Fishers poses a good question. How did the Dark Tribes get through the force field with such ease? I mean, there are definitely holes for the waterfall, but to get entire tribes (and their aircraft) through those holes would be an impossible feat. I just can't believe that Mt. Cavora would just let them stroll in. But maybe with the lack of Chi flow, it didn't have the power to keep the force field up? I personally think it's just a plot hole. Considering this show is targeted towards a younger audience, I guess that LEGO figured that young children wouldn't notice a plot hole like this? :notsure:

-Rez

:shrugs: This is a telekinetically supported mountain that produces fountains of chi water. Why would there be loose rocks up there?

Erosion, same as why there'd be loose rocks on any mountain.

Even up in the sky, I'd expect there to be some erosion from precipitation, and quite a bit from wind.

• Upvote 1

Erosion, same as why there'd be loose rocks on any mountain.

Even up in the sky, I'd expect there to be some erosion from precipitation, and quite a bit from wind.

Does it rain in Chima? Never saw that.

Although I suppose the Chi Water inside the mountain could erode things over time.

The question is whether or not real world physics affect Chima. At least the kind of physics we observe on the earth. Erosion is valid evidence for rocks on mountain, but Mt. Cavora is different than any other mountain. It's powerful, and has provided Chi for thousands of years for Chima. You would think that if Chima had the same physics we observe on the earth the mountain would have completely eroded by now. Thousands of years of water flow on a relatively small rock in the sky could easily erode the rock completely. So, I would assume that physics don't really apply to Mt. Cavora.

-Rez

• Upvote 1

I suppose that there were some rocks floating next to it, so I suppose it's possible... :shrugs:

Rocks erode. Flowing CHI would break them apart naturally over time. There's surely plenty of loose rocks in crevices on the mountain.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The question is whether or not real world physics affect Chima. At least the kind of physics we observe on the earth. Erosion is valid evidence for rocks on mountain, but Mt. Cavora is different than any other mountain. It's powerful, and has provided Chi for thousands of years for Chima. You would think that if Chima had the same physics we observe on the earth the mountain would have completely eroded by now. Thousands of years of water flow on a relatively small rock in the sky could easily erode the rock completely. So, I would assume that physics don't really apply to Mt. Cavora.

-Rez

Or it's possible that the mountain regenerates itself (living rock?). It's like the Mountain at Xia, only it doesn't grow.

I mean, this mountain hovers telekinectically and generates sapience-granting power water, and a forcefield. If it can do that, it could probably regenerate itself. Thereby the explaining the eroded rocks. :shrugs:

Even more confusing, the rock of Mount Cavora is used to make Speedor wheels...how would they do that if they can't get up there due to the forcefield? Weird.

-Rez

Or it's possible that the mountain regenerates itself (living rock?). It's like the Mountain at Xia, only it doesn't grow. [/size]

I mean, this mountain hovers telekinectically and generates sapience-granting power water, and a forcefield. If it can do that, it could probably regenerate itself. Thereby the explaining the eroded rocks. :shrugs:[/size]

Even more confusing, the rock of Mount Cavora is used to make Speedor wheels...how would they do that if they can't get up there due to the forcefield? Weird. [/size]

Well, erosion might explain that too, if it turns out that the chunks of rock that break off don't share the gravity-defying characteristics of the mountain as a whole. In that case, it would be entirely possible for rocks to break off occasionally and land on the ground below.

-Rez

Or it's possible that the mountain regenerates itself (living rock?). It's like the Mountain at Xia, only it doesn't grow. [/size]

I mean, this mountain hovers telekinectically and generates sapience-granting power water, and a forcefield. If it can do that, it could probably regenerate itself. Thereby the explaining the eroded rocks. :shrugs:[/size]

Even more confusing, the rock of Mount Cavora is used to make Speedor wheels...how would they do that if they can't get up there due to the forcefield? Weird. [/size]

Well, erosion might explain that too, if it turns out that the chunks of rock that break off don't share the gravity-defying characteristics of the mountain as a whole. In that case, it would be entirely possible for rocks to break off occasionally and land on the ground below.

They do though. If they didn't, it would be really unfortunate for the Lion Temple directly below Mount Cavora. :P

As you can see in the below picture, large segments of the mountain that break off over time float next to it. These floating rocks are where the Eagle tribe lives, if I recall correctly.

Mount_Cavora.png

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Um, the eagle tribe lives on Eagle Spire, not in those rocks. Forcefield...yeah...

I haven't paid attention to the series at all for months, outside of what I've read in the few discussions about it here (until this month, since Chima is the big thing here this month) and on Eurobricks, and some edits on Brickipedia here and there. I thought they lived in the sky...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Um, the eagle tribe lives on Eagle Spire, not in those rocks. Forcefield...yeah...

I haven't paid attention to the series at all for months, outside of what I've read in the few discussions about it here (until this month, since Chima is the big thing here this month) and on Eurobricks, and some edits on Brickipedia here and there. I thought they lived in the sky...

They do. There's an entire episode entitled "Attack on Eagle Spire" in Season 1. It would be hard for the crocs to attack the spire if it was on Mount Cavora inside a forcefield.

And don't worry about it; I just finished watching the entire series, so all this stuff is fresh on my mind. :P

They do. There's an entire episode entitled "Attack on Eagle Spire" in Season 1. It would be hard for the crocs to attack the spire if it was on Mount Cavora inside a forcefield.

And don't worry about it; I just finished watching the entire series, so all this stuff is fresh on my mind. :P

Yeah, I fell behind after the Chima Wiki (and The Ninjago Wiki) died a sudden death but

The Ninjago Wiki and The Chima Wiki are relaunching soon

• Upvote 1

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I was just thinking, if there's a force field with small holes for the waterfall, than any of the tribe stones would therefore fall through those holes with the water. What I'm guessing is that they find the tribe stones with the Chi in the sacred temple (where the water collects).

-Rez

First, the bats fly the spiders up to clog the falls with webs. Second, chi solidifies inside the mountain and gets stuck in the webs. Lastly, there becomes too much solid chi at the entrance of the falls for the water to pass through. As for the pressure part, "Chima logic" is the best explanation.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Keep in mind though - the other tribes (bats, spiders, etc) don't have vehicles. They were just building crude Speedorz in the last episode.

Actually they do, in ep25(it's on YT), the bats are flying bat like vehicles, and the spiders and scorpions both have their own 'mother' vehicle

Edited by ldd2000

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

promo_banner.png

Creating topic for Idd2000, please don't post until he does.

Or he'll eat you