Matoran Language Generator

Akavakaku

While we already have a fanmade Matoran dictionary, sometimes it would just be nice to have a way to make Matoran-sounding words that don't mean anything, which is why I made this.

http://www.generatorland.com/usergenerator.aspx?id=6764

It's still in a very preliminary phase, and not all the words it makes sound really Matoran. I'm also focusing on just the sounds of the words from 2001, as the language was at its most cohesive then. Any ideas, criticisms, or bug catches are welcome.

• Upvote 14

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I think you did a good job! It's nice to have something like that, and I can really see it being used for things such as the BZPRPG, some fanfiction, etc.

The only Issue I have is that it once came up with a word that I would not say is appropriate for the demographics of the site, but it's a minor issue and only those who already know what it is would notice. But that is only over 1 in 350,000 chance to get what I did (If I did the math right...), so I don't see it as a major problem.

;)

• Upvote 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Yeah, I think any sufficiently complex random generator can create some things that aren't appropriate. It can also generate some funny stuff too: I've gotten Jake, Nono and Nui-haha (Probably Metru Nui's comedy club). And also Maku, Kio, Huna and Rau.

Edited by Akavakaku
  • Upvote 1

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

"Nui-jaja"

So close :P

That's a neat thing there! Could be very helpful for those of use who can't make up names for whatever reason we may need 'em :) And the interface, while simple, looks pretty. I think changing the font would help it look more finished.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

This is great! I gave it some clicks, and it works well. If I need to make some names anytime soon, I'll use this.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Glad people seem to like it. So I made another generator, this one to come up with Matoran characters.

http://www.generatorland.com/usergenerator.aspx?id=6766

It's not really as good as the previous, so suggestions are welcome.

Edited by Akavakaku
  • Upvote 1

You should change the gender-ratio. I got three female Matoran in a row...

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

• 1 month later...

fThe gender ratio is 50/50.

You know, only Ga-, Ce-, and Vo-Matoran are female, and they are all female. I also got a Matoran of Vacuum (identified as Ni-Matoran), which couldn't fit in the canon.

In the language generator, I've gotten Pope, Rune, Kina (almost Kiina), One, Rama, and Rue. I found most the names I got to be quite Japanese-sounding.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Glad to have all this feedback! I might edit it and see if I can do something to make it a little closer to getting the canon names. Sounding like Japanese is pretty much expected, since Japan is a Pacific island (chain) and Pacific island language were the inspiration for Matoran.

About the Matoran generator, Ni-Matoran was a mistake. It's a fan-made element of mine that I didn't mean to put in the final version. I'll fix that. And I know most elements are male-only or female-only. But I find that silly and think it would make much more sense if any element could have any gender. If you'd like to conform to canon gender rules, you can just ignore the generated gender.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

I've gotten die, kukato, noo, lipo, tuna, dine, leo, wahi, toga, vaki, Tahu, kokane, and dino.

Edited by Flamewing Studios

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

This is a nice little generator you have, Akavakaku. When I'm RPing in the BZPRPG, I typically just recycle names I've been using for the last 10+ years, but otherwise, I could see this being useful for those wanting to create new characters on the fly in the RPG forum. 

I also have nothing but praise for the 50/50 gender ratio. Nice work!

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

This seems quite useful indeed. I often find myself stumped by creating a realistic-sounding Matoran name, so this will be a much better alternative to mashing keys and hoping something Matoran-sounding appears. Bravo!

~B~

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have my toa team

Karmac (toa of fire) made that name myself the rest the generator

Levoku (toa of air)

Tiha (toa of water)

Fupogu (toa of ice)

Rako (toa of stone)

Vuhu (toa of earth)

the mavrick, please make sure to check the date of the last post in a topic before replying. Your post breaks the following rule:

3) No topic revival. Please do not post in topics that have been inactive for sixty days or more. Note: Topic starters are exempt from this rule and may revive their own topics ONLY to announce an update or a new preview. All other cases will result in topic closure.

The last post in this topic was made over a year ago, in August 2014, so your post exceeds the sixty-day limit by over 400 days.

Topic closed.