Element vs. Personality

ENFP

Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.

Guess I'm Vo.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Wow, this is impressive. I love seeing people match up fictional characters to Myers-Briggs personality types; I'm shocked I never thought of doing it with BIONICLE. Nice job expanding on the other elements, too, especially considering how little characterization they ever got.

I got Gravity, which is a refreshing change from the other fiction-correlations. Normally, all the INTJs are supervillains. I find it quite inspiring. :evilbiggrin:

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I got Sonics. Nice list. Onewa definately fit what you put down for Stone. :P

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Angel, your point about supervillains is a good one, they are normally INTJs who want to rule simply because (in their mind) they are right and everyone else is wrong. Teridax, on the other hand, is ENTJ: he doesn't just want to rule, he wants to sit on a throne where everyone else can see him. I think Tuma is, too.

Zaktan, on the other hand, is INTJ. So is the Shadowed One. Both of them are comfortable ruling unseen from their lairs.

Pridak is an ESTJ, he isn't a schemer like Teridax. He sees one step of his plan at a time.

Velika, very unusually for a grand villain, is an INTP. He sees the world not as a chessboard, but as a puzzle that only he knows how to solve, and his murders are only pieces being put in their rightful place to him.

I'm INTP (if you couldn't guess from my putting this together in the first place!) and Sonics fits me pretty well; I even have sensitive hearing. :P

• Upvote 2

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I have a lot of the disadvantages of SOnics with not many of the advantages. :P

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Originally, when I came across the personality types I tested myself as an ISTP type. That would make me Iron in this lineup, which I'm all for, Iron is one of my favorite elements.

Just to be sure, I took the test a second time, and if anything I was tested as even more ISTP than last time, so...

I guess it's official, I'm an Iron elemental. Maybe that's why I write my Fe-Toa RPG character so well :P

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Then the name Geardirector is very appropriate!

Wait... I just realized my Bzprpg character has the element of Sonics... wow!

It's more than just that. It's also that I in general have always found myself very attracted to a few specific character archetypes. Namely, the mechanics and inventors. People like Nuparu, Avak, Otto, Gyro Gearloose, Ratchet etc. There's just something inherently appealing about these kinds of characters to me, and it ties in pretty closely to Iron/Metal as a theme.

And my first RPG character was an Iron elemental. Also wow.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Unlike you two, I've never felt attracted* to Gravity. However, I do think Zaktan's the coolest thing since sliced bread, so there's some correlation.

* I apologize for that terrible pun.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Unlike you two, I've never felt attracted* to Gravity. However, I do think Zaktan's the coolest thing since sliced bread, so there's some correlation.

* I apologize for that terrible pun.

Ironically my favorite elements seem to be ones that I'm farthest from, personality-wise.

I got Gravity, which is a refreshing change from the other fiction-correlations. Normally, all the INTJs are supervillains. I find it quite inspiring. :evilbiggrin:

Gravity is a really awesome power for villains, though... ;)

• Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Then the name Geardirector is very appropriate!

Wait... I just realized my Bzprpg character has the element of Sonics... wow!

It's more than just that. It's also that I in general have always found myself very attracted to a few specific character archetypes. Namely, the mechanics and inventors. People like Nuparu, Avak, Otto, Gyro Gearloose, Ratchet etc. There's just something inherently appealing about these kinds of characters to me, and it ties in pretty closely to Iron/Metal as a theme.

And my first RPG characters was an Iron elemental. Also wow.

Gyro Gearloose? I assume you mean the Ducktales one? Anyway, yeah. I like those kinds too. Nuparu was great, though it seems he doesn't have any more time for inventing amazing things now that he's a Toa. Interestingly, his primary strength seems to be reverse-engineering, but now I'm getting off-topic.

Nice work with this. I skimmed some of them to be honest, but the ones I read seemed usually pretty reasonable. Obviously as it wasn't intentionally planned this way we wouldn't expect a perfect matchup, so yeah. I did think Light seemed like an especially poor match. Takua doesn't seem intuitive to me, quite the opposite as he often blundered and didn't get others much, and ended up needing somebody else to point out the obvious to him -- that he'd always been different. On the other hand, he did seem to quickly figure out what Jaller meant by that, so unsure. I only bring it up to have something to discuss. :shrugs:

Now, I have my pet peeves about most personality type claims (really, there are over six billion personality types :P), and looking at your link there, this is no different, but it's beside the point so I won't quibble. :lol:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Angel: Forgot to mention, Dume seems to be an INTJ too. Self-confident, intellectual and serious. You don't see INTJ good guys too often either, outside of detective novels.

Chro: Well, lots of actual characters have personalities that don't match their element, so it's not an issue!

bones: Really? Light was the element I was most proud of how I typed. To me Takua seems like one of the most intuitive characters. Just look at the beginning of the movie: he follows his intuition and decides to investigate an intriguing artifact even though he's about to be late for a Kolhii match. It's Jaller, the sensing character, who points out that this is not a good idea, especially when the artifact is on the other side of a river of lava. Luckily it did turn out to be the right thing to do, but without intuition there was no way of knowing that.

He is also very understanding of others; we can see this in his befriending the members of his Company despite their very different personalities, and later in his support of the future Toa Inika and the Toa Nuva. That doesn't necessarily make him good at understanding himself.

• Upvote 1

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

That was portrayed as more about his desire to explore, because he didn't fit in with the Ta-Matoran, because he was really an Av-Matoran. It wasn't portrayed as him being intuitive, although I'll admit that's a clever interpretation I can't really disprove. :) It seemed more to me like destiny using his love of exploring as a tool to get him to find what he needed to find. It was also portrayed as part of his residual irresponsibility, which likewise destiny could have been using (though his intuition could also be using it).

But what I meant is he didn't seem to be consciously choosing to listen to his intuition, but rather shirking his "duty" (if a sports competition can count as duty :P But all those people took the trouble of showing up for the audience so I'd say it does). To me an intuitive person is somebody who does what they do because they realize their intuition is saying it's wise. It didn't seem to me that Takua was doing that, more like the opposite; he knew it wasn't wise and that was why he did it, for fun basically. In other words, he apparently did not know, by intuition or otherwise, that anything good would come of it. It wasn't necessary for him to have any level of awareness of good coming from it other than just having fun and satisfying his curiosity.

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Yes, I'm thinking of the movie. Pretty sure I don't have the book... *realizes he's sitting next to his stack of books at the moment... checks* Nope. Maybe you could find the part in your copy if you have it and see if it sheds any light on this?

Not that it really matters -- obviously the story team / movie people didn't have this in mind anyways. But might be fun to look into. Intuitiveness is a subject that greatly interests me personally. :)

Looks like I'm a Pomegranate of Earth :D Lovely. I read the description, sounds accurate enough.

I like that you took the time to match these up with elements, does make it a lot more fun than just finding your personality and basically just not doing anything with that information.

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Thanks! You know, I'm considering a 4x4 chart with the personalities compared to well-known Bionicle characters... Aside from the patrons of the eight major elements, I'm thinking ENFP Hahli, ESFJ Nokama, INTP Whenua, ENTP Kongu, INTJ Dume, INFJ Vakama, ISTP Nuparu, ISFP Nixie (???). I tried to stick to characters from the first few years, as they're more widely known. Anyone have advice?

• Upvote 1

I just looked that up... It doesn't fit most areas of Bionicle, but it seems like a good match for 2005!
The self: meaning a person's conscious and unconscious identity. Aside from the Matoran, this is what the Toa are trying to save: their identities as sapient beings.
The shadow: the dark, repressed side of the personality. Their Hordika forms, of course, are the shadow threatening to take control.
Anima and animus: the perceptions of femininity by males and of masculinity by females. Roodaka and Sidorak seem like these archetypes, or at least evil versions of them.

But this is a bit different from the point of the thread.

Edited by Akavakaku
  • Upvote 1

Fascinating.

This actually is quite fun and interesting. I have some knowledge of the MBTI, and it's very cool that you took the time to do this. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while.

Hmmm…according to the above I am associated with Magnetism. Huh. Thats kinda funny cause I never considered myself to be that element. Of course, I always associated myself with the simple element of Air because…you know…free and soaring. I almost thought I'd be INFP Light. And in a sense I am, which only confuses me because I can see myself in nearly all the personalities except maybe the authoritative ones like ESTJ Fire.

Just label me Divergent. :P

So I have to agree with Bonesii about the six billion personalities, ^_^ but an ESFJ Magnetism element is pretty cool.

Magneto+Bionicle=Awesome

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

Looks like I'm Air. Not bad, really. I love green and having fun, especially with other people. While a lot of people have generally accepted me and love partying with me, there's actually that one guy who doesn't want any of it! I'm no kidding. That one guy exists.

Anyway, this is a really good observation. I like how the characters in BIONICLE fit these molds and live by them.

mindeth the cobwebs

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! You know, I'm considering a 4x4 chart with the personalities compared to well-known Bionicle characters... Aside from the patrons of the eight major elements, I'm thinking ENFP Hahli, ESFJ Nokama, INTP Whenua, ENTP Kongu, INTJ Dume, INFJ Vakama, ISTP Nuparu, ISFP Nixie (???). I tried to stick to characters from the first few years, as they're more widely known. Anyone have advice?

So, how's this project coming along?

And would it be too much to ask for a villain chart as well?

• Upvote 1
-- Harlan Ellison

Oh, that... I was just considering it for a moment, not actually seriously embarking on it. As for villains, I'd already planned Teridax for ENTJ, and there almost certainly aren't Bionicle villains for every MBTI type.

Just reread this. Not sure about Zaria, but he does seem like an action type of person. According to your chart, the type for Iron includes technical skills, which would make sense considering the Nynrah Ghosts.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Iron. :happydance:

This is pretty darn awesome, Akavakaku! It's nice to have a sort of basic reference for the various Matoran/Toa personality types. There will always be an exception to the rule, of course, but I think this covers the bases nicely. A number of my fan-characters actually match up perfectly with the above descriptions of their corresponding elements, so this was a delight to read. ^_^

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Looking back at this, Chiara and Orde don't fit their elements' typical personalities at all. But that's ok, because we know they both have atypical personalities for their element, Chiara being unusually introverted and Orde being unusually rash.

• Upvote 1

This is extremely neat, but I hold these personality tests with a grain of salt.

While they all sound very good(exluding a few of the vague ones), I bet if the characters themselves took the test, they would all get something different from above.

• Upvote 1

WIP

• 2 weeks later...