The Imprisoned Great Being

Specifically, how was he able to get in touch with Vezon? Greg recently confirmed that the Great Beings don't have any natural powers that we know of (*sadface*), though I guess it may remain to be seen if that was an authorial error due to time since writing for the story. Assuming it to be true that the Great Beings have no natural powers beyond their highly creative intellects, how did the chained GB do what he did?

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

Obviously it isn't a natural power. Rather simple. :P

Specifically what it is, is debated. IMO it's probably an interface function of their artificial protodermis; that's how I took it originally, and haven't yet seen anything to disprove it. Another suggestion that's been given is that some implant in the Great Being grants him that power. Could also be an imbued power, similar to the Element Lords' powers.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Theory? :shrugs:

Or maybe he had a dimensional transport device hidden in the basement.

Also, imprisoned GB here can make anything come alive. Couldn't he make a living rock with legs or something to go get him some protodermis and make a Ta-Matoran to forge him an Olmak? :shrugs: (Probably unlikely, but just throwing it out there...)

• Upvote 1

From Sahmad's Tale:

And Thornax fruit might taste like boiled Skopio meat, and the Great Beings might be handing out gift baskets of implants, but I wasn't ready to believe that either.

An implant makes sense. After all, if the Great Beings can make biomechanical creatures and masks with telepathy and dimensional-abilities, it seems plausible that they might make implants which can do the same.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I think he can't control his powers, so even if he made a rock come alive and told it to get an olmak, we must remember that everything within, say, a five-foot radius (just a guess) comes alive. That would include the stone beneath him, his chains, the darkness around him, his sound, etc. Also, I remember there being a quote about the objects being able to make their needs known, so we can assume they are sentient. It's no wonder he went insane and was imprisoned. About Vezon, I think Vezon found his way to the GB.

Edited by RahkshiToa88

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Worth mentioning a quote from the end of RoS:

Angonce studied his ancient equipment. It told him much about the state of the newly restored Spherus Magna.

Lifer seems able to peer through dimensions to detect that Vezon's mask was messed up, but Angonce needs equipment to peer across just one planet. So, likely some kind of technology had to be the case for Lifer too (unless maybe some effect of the Lifing curse could do it, but that seems unlikely).

And don't forget the switching off of the mask:

"That's nice," said Vezon, impatiently. "Can you help me get out of this situation?"

Why would I? I got you into it. My people created the first Masks of Power. We certainly know how to shut one off.

This is where I got the interface-with-protodermis theory from. It clearly implies it's a matter of knowledge, rather than power, in switching it off, so the same is probably true of sensing it and communicating with its wearer.

• Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Theory? :shrugs:

Or maybe he had a dimensional transport device hidden in the basement.

Also, imprisoned GB here can make anything come alive. Couldn't he make a living rock with legs or something to go get him some protodermis and make a Ta-Matoran to forge him an Olmak? :shrugs: (Probably unlikely, but just throwing it out there...)

It isn't that he can make things come alive, it's that things just come to life around him. It isn't a voluntary power. I'm also pretty sure it has a limited radius, or else we'd probably hear a little bit more about Helryx dying from strangling armor.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog