Forest Demon

Daiker

Huh, I've never actually seen an alternate angle of Breeze's mask before (that is what it is, right?), and I never imagined it protruded out so much. I love the claw arm, it works so well. The blade arm doesn't really match the athiestic of the rest of it, though. I suggest replacing the blades with something less straight, like Mahri Nui blades, and making the thrrowbots arm black. The entire think is very abstract. I really like it overall.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

It is certainly interesting. I'm not sure I know what it is supposed to be though...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

@JohannDakitsch: Yeah, the tail was probably the hardest thing to design. I only had that on pin to connect with, so I was pretty limited. And the claw piece is supposed to be a somewhat mutated part of it, so I thought it should be a bit distinct from the other parts.@Lego Obsessionist: Yes, that is Breez's helm. About the arms, see above. Thanks.@Paleo: Thanks. Mind telling how the back is awkward? :P @Meiko: The idea of this, is a sort of phantom -like forest creature, that haunts the woods with it's mutated claw-arm. So basically, phantom of the forest :P

doom4revalt.png

The Nynrah "technique" (if it can be so called) doesn't exactly work when you're reinforcing it with something straight; that negates the purpose of what it's trying to accomplish (though I'm still not quite sure what that is, but maybe it's just an aesthetic thing that I don't quite like). The MoC as a whole is kind of jumbled; I do like asymmetry, but the blades seem rather out of place next to the claw. The upper body is interesting, but again, there's some clutter; the tentacle looks cool, but doesn't do much for the overall look. The impression I get of the MoC (especially from the side) is that it's a skeleton waiting to be fleshed out. It uses some interesting ideas (I'm not counting the Nynrah ammo pieces among that; I don't see the point of that, really =P) but they don't quite flow well together. Try using them on different MoC's, and build around the different ideas instead of throwing them into the same place.

Sorry for this late reply Daiker.

@Paleo: Thanks. Mind telling how the back is awkward? :P

Looking at it again, it doesn't seem as awkward as before. As for the previously perceived awkwardness, I thought it looked a little awkward to have the nynrah ammo-things as a sort of separate body segment, but I just realized it's not as separated as I thought. I applaud this design.

@Dorek: Okay, so first off, I'd just like to say thanks for taking the time to review. The aesthetic of the nynrah's was to make, almost a webbed arch kind of feel. I was going for the sleek feel to it, with a somewhat creepy sense. The tentacle was put as sort of a tail-like thing (and thought to be the weak point) to it. Also in the original, it was just going to be a mata ball joint, blank side facing up, so this decision, I think, is probably better. I see what you mean on the fleshed out skeleton ( :P) thing, and I would say that it's sort of supposed to be, like some mutant forest creature or something, so that description would probably fit.@Akuna Toa of Sonics: The Nynrah technique, I think adds to the swampy, webbed, feel to it. I dunno, I like it though.@Makuta Vesolik: Thanks for the feedback.

doom4revalt.png