I'm currently working to record all the main missions of LEGO Universe, as well as all the flags, binoculars, bricks, etc, in 720p video with Fraps before the end of the game. I then plan to upload it to a certain site, so if this works out we should have most, if not all, of the game documented. Only Crux Prime, Ninjago, The Battle of Nimbus Station, and the WBL worlds left, as well as some assorted missions in Forbidden Valley and Gnarled Forest. Everything else is recorded! I should be able to have this done easily by January 31. ^_^ I've had some issues with running out of hard drive space (I tend to record about 70 GB of video in a single session), so I've been compressing the videos as I go (don't worry, I'm not loosing any quality in the process). I should hopefully be able to get an external hard drive soon, too, so that will help.

I got videos of me walking through every world, so that should be good too :) I can post em on a certain site too, I just need to get an account.

So does anyone know when Frostburgh will be released? (Or has it already been. Haven't been playing much.)Just wondering because I probably won't buy game time till it's released.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

So does anyone know when Frostburgh will be released? (Or has it already been. Haven't been playing much.)Just wondering because I probably won't buy game time till it's released.Kalhiki

LEGO Universe isn´t getting any updates anymore, including Frostburgh. :(~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

What!?I was so hoping that they'd at least put up Frostburgh. That makes me sad. Now I'll never get to enjoy a Lego Universe Christmas...Or record the Frostburgh music...Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

What!?I was so hoping that they'd at least put up Frostburgh. That makes me sad. Now I'll never get to enjoy a Lego Universe Christmas...Or record the Frostburgh music...Kalhiki

I am pretty sure anyone has recorded it. I know for sure someone extracted it from the files, as I have it on my mobile phone. :P~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

• 2 weeks later...

No Frostburgh? Arg, was looking forward to it. Ah well.Am back as member for the duration, also got membership for Ojhilom. He's changed his name to Ojhilom (his main). And now that I have my own laptop capable of LU, yay for ability to do team require stuff in Ninjago, lol. (My main is still bonesiii, although I might spend more time on the alternate characters to try out their faction gear.)Does anyone know if there are other places that require two people to accomplish something? (Other than that one launch thing by the helicopter, on those hovering rocks, on Crux Prime, which I know about, and obviously besides the minigames.)NOTE: I had promised to make a cool new property for Parallelodox, one of my alternates, but since the game will end soon I think it would be a waste of time. Since I made a test already in LDD I'll probably just do a MOC topic sometime about it. I might as well reveal the idea, 'cuz it proposes a name for something unnamed in LU.Stromflakes.It's those triangular, snowflake-like bits of Maelstrom you sometimes see flying around on Crux Prime. (Strom Flakes as you'd have to type it in the chat.) Basically Parallelodox is a scientist who studies them, including a theory that they're related to snowflakes (six-sided, versus three-sided), and featuring enlarged models of them.No two Stromflakes are the same under a microscope. ;)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

My recording project is finished! 36 hours long, got everything I was aiming for, by the time I was done my minifigure was level 38, a Rank 3 Knight, and Rank 2 Space Ranger with several pieces of Rank 3 gear. Now I hope to record the alternate Nexus Tower missions for Paradox, Assembly, and Venture...

My recording project is finished! 36 hours long, got everything I was aiming for, by the time I was done my minifigure was level 38, a Rank 3 Knight, and Rank 2 Space Ranger with several pieces of Rank 3 gear. Now I hope to record the alternate Nexus Tower missions for Paradox, Assembly, and Venture...

Great news, jamesster! :) Are you going to upload it soon?~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Question:Anybody know what those snakes I see people carrying around are? On a certain reference site probably can't be mentioned here, there's no record of it that I could find. Perhaps it's a Mythran giveaway item? They are carried like a two-handed weapon.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I really haven´t been catching up lately. What items have been given away by the Mythrans, and what do you need to do for them?~Gata. ;)

If I can recall correctly, we've gotten a grey-trex in a bag, tan cat in a bag, black cat in a bag, a turtle pack and some purely cosmetic valiants for the new specs, i.e space ranger, shinobi, etc, as for howto get, you pretty much just have to be on at the right time, they mail random things out.-Masbts, The blubbery overlord

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

I really haven´t been catching up lately. What items have been given away by the Mythrans, and what do you need to do for them?~Gata. ;)

If I can recall correctly, we've gotten a grey-trex in a bag, tan cat in a bag, black cat in a bag, a turtle pack and some purely cosmetic valiants for the new specs, i.e space ranger, shinobi, etc, as for howto get, you pretty much just have to be on at the right time, they mail random things out.-Masbts, The blubbery overlord
Oh well, I bet I wouldn´t get anything anyway, as due to the time zone differences I am sleeping when most people and the Mythrans are online.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

So, on the back of an instruction manual from who knows when, I saw this:http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bigman9/Inventory/Sets/4416-1.jpgSome of you guys have probably realized this already, but I just found it cool. May have to track one down just to have.Kalhiki

Edited by kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Also, they just gave out rideable horses; I've got one. It doesn't really do much aside from look cool, but it's kinda fun. I take it as more evidence they were planning a castle-themed world.

The Kingdoms world wasn't just planned, it was in full development. They were just doing the final bug testing when they were told the game was closing, we would have had it by now... :( There's some concept art on Mike Rayhawk's website...http://www.mikerayhawk.com/lu_inspiration.htm... as well as other places. I'd link to them, but I'm not entirely sure it's allowed here, one of the sites has a forum, blogs, etc.

Edited by jamesster

The Kingdoms world wasn't just planned, it was in full development. They were just doing the final bug testing when they were told the game was closing, we would have had it by now... :( There's some concept art on Mike Rayhawk's website...http://www.mikerayhawk.com/lu_inspiration.htm... as well as other places. I'd link to them, but I'm not entirely sure it's allowed here, one of the sites has a forum, blogs, etc.

...LEGO, you are so mean. :( But really, Mike Rayhawk could at least not say how awesome it was all going to be. :(~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

• 2 weeks later...

Mythrans have been giving away jetpacks. They're awesome. You can go outside the CG boundaries and all kinds of wacky stuff.I'm starting a new character off from scratch to document all the beginning stuff with printscreens in the last week, then the geography of the other areas. Trying to use the jetpack to get to spots and viewing angles you can't normally, etc. I think I'll put it together as a slideshow eventually and link it here once the game's gone. The character is SenseiWhoohoo, for the record.

I'm currently working to record all the main missions of LEGO Universe, as well as all the flags, binoculars, bricks, etc, in 720p video with Fraps before the end of the game. I then plan to upload it to a certain site, so if this works out we should have most, if not all, of the game documented. Only Crux Prime, Ninjago, The Battle of Nimbus Station, and the WBL worlds left, as well as some assorted missions in Forbidden Valley and Gnarled Forest. Everything else is recorded! I should be able to have this done easily by January 31. ^_^ I've had some issues with running out of hard drive space (I tend to record about 70 GB of video in a single session), so I've been compressing the videos as I go (don't worry, I'm not loosing any quality in the process). I should hopefully be able to get an external hard drive soon, too, so that will help.

I got videos of me walking through every world, so that should be good too :) I can post em on a certain site too, I just need to get an account.
Is the site a LU wiki? Edited by Eragon3443_the Legend

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

So LEGO Universe is still active until very soon. Okay then, I, along with the other staff members on The Ninjago Wiki, have requested that anybody who can to upload any good screenshots of the LEGO Universe world, characters, creatures, buildings, tools, accessories, enemies, whatever to our wiki before it's too late. We would much appreciate it if you could upload whatever you got to the site. :) We prefer if you can get a shot without the game menus and whatnot in it, but if that's incapable, it's okay.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

For the record, Meiko, I'm trying to include at least one shot of every enemy, many of the locations, characters, important/fun speeches, and some of the most important items (in use), for my printscreening project. All the pics include the menus but in most they could be cropped out later. :)I think I plan to post it as a simple zipped folder of images, with (often humorous) titles to the pics. It'll be designed to be viewed using the Windows Preview program, or something similar that also shows the file titles. That way I can produce it quickly. One problem might be its total size; I'm saving as PNGs, but I might have to make a JPG version, 'cuz there's gonna be well over a thousand images. (I'm to 900 now.)Progress so far: Most of Venture, Avant, Nimbus, Gnarled, Nexus, 3001 & company, Ninjago, Forbidden Valley, and Crux Prime.Just gotta finish up skeleton stuff on Crux, and then I'll go back to the start and do side stuff like Return To Venture Explorer, Pets, racing, etc.One thing I'm intentionally not worrying about is story plaques, although I've got one or two, and some of the most important pages of the Ninjago scrolls on Crux. So if anyone values those, someone else'll have to do it; I'm almost out of time.

Edited by bonesiii

I am so glad I could buy a jetpack for 100k upon arriving in LU for the first time in months. :P Now I actually have something to enjoy for the last few days. :)~Gata. ;)

They gave multiple out to each player... :(
I know, I have got one myself the next day, but I was not aware they would be given out so massively. Anyway, it´s not like it matters if you have 100k more or less these days. :P~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

For the record, Meiko, I'm trying to include at least one shot of every enemy, many of the locations, characters, important/fun speeches, and some of the most important items (in use), for my printscreening project. All the pics include the menus but in most they could be cropped out later. :)I think I plan to post it as a simple zipped folder of images, with (often humorous) titles to the pics. It'll be designed to be viewed using the Windows Preview program, or something similar that also shows the file titles. That way I can produce it quickly. One problem might be its total size; I'm saving as PNGs, but I might have to make a JPG version, 'cuz there's gonna be well over a thousand images. (I'm to 900 now.)Progress so far: Most of Venture, Avant, Nimbus, Gnarled, Nexus, 3001 & company, Ninjago, Forbidden Valley, and Crux Prime.Just gotta finish up skeleton stuff on Crux, and then I'll go back to the start and do side stuff like Return To Venture Explorer, Pets, racing, etc.One thing I'm intentionally not worrying about is story plaques, although I've got one or two, and some of the most important pages of the Ninjago scrolls on Crux. So if anyone values those, someone else'll have to do it; I'm almost out of time.

Sweet! If you could upload them to Brickshelf (if it supports it) or MediaFire or something when you finish, that'd be awesome! Either that or you could upload any screenshots relevant to Ninjago to The Ninjago Wiki yourself. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

And it's gone. Thanks to LEGO, the Mythrans, and everybody who played for an awesome time!All told I got over two thousand printscreens for the project. Near the end I stopped titling them to save time, and some mistakes had to be re-screened, so it'll take me some time to get it ready. I also definately plan to release both a full version and a much-trimmed version because of the size. Not sure yet if I'll do JPG versions or not.

Sweet! If you could upload them to Brickshelf (if it supports it) or MediaFire or something when you finish, that'd be awesome! Either that or you could upload any screenshots relevant to Ninjago to The Ninjago Wiki yourself.

At the very least I'll link the projects here (assuming this topic is staying open; otherwise in this forum), and anyone can then do what they want with it (it's definately freeware). We'll see, though, I might upload some.

Yep. I can't believe just a few hours ago, LU shut down... :(

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Despite not having played LU since November, I feel a slight bout of sadness now that LU is gone forever, pretty much. This was the first game I beta tested for... alpha tested for... I played it for almost two years, since the December of 2009. I remember the delight I had when I got that Alpha Invitation email from the LKIC. I had high hopes for LU at the time, and when I played the Alpha, I was amazed. This was the fist-and last-MMOG I had ever played. The Alpha Venture Explorer and Avant Gardens were amazing to play at the time, and so was Gnarled Forest. Some of my most treasured memories of LU come from the Alpha period. I remember in late december, I was theorising what Nimbus Station would be look. At the time, I though it would be a floating sky-station thing, with various launchpads to other worlds that was relatively peaceful with the occasional enemy just to spice it up. The actual NS was different, but to me, at the time, it was no disappointment. I also remember shooting 100 sharks just to get a parrot. Due to the fact that the achievements did not tell you whether what you got was a model or an item and what its stats were at the time, I was very disappointed when it turned out to be a model parrot. Properties were also terrible during this time, but I wished they hadn't scrapped them as the Lagoon and Pirate Cove looked interesting. We like interesting ground. Then came Pet Cove, known as Pet Rock at the time (I still think Pet Rock was a better name for the place) and I liked the idea of pets, although I hoped they would be expanded upon. (they weren't, unfortunately.) The primary UI of Alpha I liked, although it was somewhat cluttered? Not too cluttered though. I can remember when you would be walking through the glitched floor of Brig Rock, still able to attack enemies since they were also in the floor. The 25+ people that fought at Brig Rock at any one time in Alpha brings back memories. There was a parrot craze back then, and it would resurface much later, in 2011. I can remember the last moments of Alpha: I was at Pet Rock with a few friends, and we were speculating on what beta would be like. We hoped for bigger worlds and actual factions, as we had managed to get access to the (unfinished) factions via Gnarled Forest Survival, which was easy to survive since everything moves so slowly. It was Jamesster who discovered that. (He went on to become one of LU's most famous people, at least in the release, mostly due to videos uploaded to sites.) In Alpha, I met... Jamesster, Yhnmko1, Bricknave. Those were the main three people I talked to during that time. There were some others, but I did not talk to them as much. It was mainly Bricknave that I talked to here. And all because he was the first person I knew that had a parrot. Maybe even the first. Big deal for me at the time. Then there was beta. This was also a great time. In the first few weeks, it was just the Venture Explorer and Avant Gardens. In this time, I spent a decent amount of time fighting and a decent amount of time talking to friends from alpha (although Yhnmko1 had disappeared). And some new ones, too. I can't remember much, except that I was fighting in Avant Gardens and I saw a minifig named SPIRIT, who I believe was a staff member here? That is what mainly remember. And some glitching too. Then Nimbus Station came out, and we could do more stuff. It hadn't changed much from Alpha. To pass the time with just the VE, AG and NS, we did the concert stuff often, before the changed the awesome music of the concert to the terrible one you heard in the past year. We also anticipated racing. Then Gnarled Forest came out.. again. It was somewhat different, as it was less glitchy. The mission sequence there was not too different, but came to have many changes over the course of beta. I don't remember much about this place, mainly because it stayed the same, but the race area of GF was often a nice meeting point where you could just relax. Then came Forbidden Valley, and I remember remarking how hard it was in contrast to what we had been used to. Ninja stuff became a craze. We all liked FV, although dragons became a problem, and we complained, resulting in the dragon instance you see today. Ah... standing on the great tree, getting frustrated with the elevators as they lagged for me, taking me over 10 tries to get it done right. Then came the first wipe and TADA, factions! This may have happened before FV came out though. Don't really know, this happened almost two years ago now. We all joined factions. Because we had to. It was a big deal. No faction prejudice YET. That comes in at late beta. I remember becoming a Paradox Sorcerer. I remember Bricknave remarking I looked cool in the Paradox Sorcerer suit. But soon, we all become clones. That was what was disappointing. The faction prices were also outrageous at the time, or at least we thought so. So they got lowered. A few weeks later, another wipe. Nothing much changed asides from a few bug fixes.This is when we delve into late beta. This is when things became finalised and what you saw last year mainly came into place. In late beta, racing was added. It became very popular, although I was disappointed with it as it felt like a car meant for a combat racing game was in a ordinary racing game. Because of this, I wished LU racing was combat racing. Imagination hoggers were also a problem due to little imagination on the racetracks at the time. Factions had many changes and became mostly what you saw last year. Sentinel, Venture, Paradox and Assembly. Things became less buggy. One of the highlighted bugs of this time, in my opinion, was the LEGO Club Window Glitch, where the window was not solid and you could walk through it and fall onto The Not Really Endless Green Plains below the club. There was a skunkbuster there and for about two weeks this was THE place to be. Property teleports were also out as a convenience item (Wish they hadn't removed them.) and we had fun teleporting from the plains into our properties and back. This was also when many people were inspired to get higher faction gear due to lower faction costs, and it worked well. After that, not much changed. Then september came and we anticipated the end of Beta and the release of the game. I can still remember the many people that gathered in the centre of NS minutes before the end of Beta. They were counting down. Beta... had ended.And that, my friends, is my recollection of Alpha and Beta. I still keep in touch with most of my alpha friends now and then. They were what made LU what it was for me. Jamesster's still here, Yhnmko1 (also known as Mythrun or Ariistuujj) I can communicate with through Minecraft and Steam, and... to be honest, I haven't communicated with Bricknave in a long time. I have no idea how.As I said at the beginning... I feel a slight bout of sadness for LU's closure.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

oh well. too bad, for those that care.I loved lego universe, until lego broke my heart by forgetting about me. i was an alpha tester, and they said when beta started, "you are not forgotten, well send a beta registration email soon"it never came. after that, i dispised lego universe, and still do, because i wil never get those 8 months of beta i missed ever again

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Could it have been possible that some sort of error occurred? Like, perhaps, your email provider somehow being down when they sent it, or for some strange reason, a glitch happening? It might not have actually been LEGO's fault... But I'm not sure what the details are. =/

Could it have been possible that some sort of error occurred? Like, perhaps, your email provider somehow being down when they sent it, or for some strange reason, a glitch happening? It might not have actually been LEGO's fault... But I'm not sure what the details are. =/

Yeah, those are all valid possibilities. It could have also been filtered into the spam folder by accident. That's happened to me occasionally, but I created a filter to keep anything from LEGO in the inbox.I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to beta test. I never did do the beta test, or even the alpha test, because I didn't keep up with the news on LEGO Universe much back then.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Here's the link to the topic promised (HH gave permission for it to be its own topic): LEGO Universe Final Week Printscreening Slideshow. Meiko, if you or anyone else wants to crop pics of the Ninjago stuff, I made sure to get extensive pics of those. I noticed the wiki doesn't have (if I saw the right page) pics of much of the LU skeleton species; should be at least one of each there. :)

I wasn't able to participate in either Beta or Alpha, despite all my efforts. Bulik, try to remember that you aren't the only one who missed out on those, and instead simply be grateful for your luck that enabled you to be in Alpha testing.

I wasn't trying to get in the alpha or beta, B6 came to me (and multiple others) and asked if I wanted to do alpha testing. It's not like I'm not grateful that I got to do 9 hours of alpha testing overall, but it's like somebody comes and says you win a million dollars, but then a minute later, say "oh wait, nah, we dont care! well just ruin your hopes and dreams" and then take your money and walk away, like nothing happened, or atleast thats how I picture it, but not that much openly.

Yeah, those are all valid possibilities. It could have also been filtered into the spam folder by accident. That's happened to me occasionally, but I created a filter to keep anything from LEGO in the inbox.I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to beta test. I never did do the beta test, or even the alpha test, because I didn't keep up with the news on LEGO Universe much back then.
see above and below

considering that i checked my parents email every day for 3 months including the spam folder, and specifically told them to tell me if they see anything lego related in their email and spambox, and that every other lego universe email they gave me was not in the spambox, not even one.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)