ultimate city of ultimate destiny

25K Now!

IC: Harata (Grand Hotel)

"Well, that takes care of later at the very least" I thought as I winked coyly when Zarrick removed my hand.

"Right now, though..."

My train of thought was interrupted when my eyes fell upon a stranger hunched over some sort of device... a computer? It looked like it, but it was ancient. I decided to take a look.

"What ya got over there?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Jack

Whirrrrrrr.

[ calc error ]

=-=[>>>] unnclEar. ,,, i was just A BOx and the neXXT moment i WwAS mmmmySELF. , , ,

Tick, tick, whirr.

=-=[>>>] DO NOT KNowwwhere he wwwwwwwwwenT.

=-=[>>>] Much is EXPUnged.

=-=[>>>] SYStem expunGES useless informattttion. Memory is short. 41344. MusttT keep relevanttt , , , informaTION onLy.

Whirr.

=-=[>>>] is the stone tree still in the junkyard (y/n)

|||battlifelow.error.464.hcw6rt3hcixq3r6||| [][][null][][][][-reconfig][][][][][]

[ display.percent% 14 ]

[ awaiting ]

> |

IC: Thomast

Thomast looked over his shoulder at the stranger that called over. "A computer of sorts. An artificial intelligence, I believe." He looked back at the feed on the computer and began typing.

> I What stone tree?

WIP

"Pretty polite tyke" I thought to myself, pleased to hear someone call me 'respectable' for the first time in probably ages. Still he needed to get my story straight up on the pronto.

"Yeah it's dangerous, that kinda the reason why I go there, to get some excitement, and since hardly anyone else ever goes there, it's great for some alone time, too"

Oh hey, speaking of 'alone time'.

"Zarrick, get your butt over here and check this out."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Thomast, Nurrad

By this point, Nurrad was drawn to the wonder that was Jack, the computer. She came over and poked Thomast in the side, asking, "What does it do besides play some music?"

Thomast, even though he was about to respond to the other female Vortixx, had his attention changed to his rather rude companion. "Ah! Nurrad, I told you to stop doing that. But on the subject of Jack, here, he seems to have a form of memory. I have no idea how large it is, and given its-his-age, I rather not pull it-him-apart."

Nurrad rolled her eyes. Thomast was such a prude, even to machines. "It's just a machine. You can pull it apart and put it together all day long, and nothing will change."

WIP

IC: Zarrick

"That's a computer, isn't it?"Zarrick said as he walked over to the Vortixx.

"The junkyard? The one near the East Hablands? There were some dead trees, none of them stone. That was... Almost a year ago," Zarrick tried to re-call.

"You're right, it's a dangerous place. Even the Corporations' troopers shy away from the place. What does the computer want there?"

OOC: "Corporations' troopers"? What am I thinking? :P

OOC: Doing a small time adjustment.

Thomast turned and looked at the newcomer. If these beings had been in the junkyard as of late, he needed that information. The land was dangerous, and he wanted to gather the info for future generations.

Thomast opened his mouth to speak but the computer uttered a voice, distorted but understandable, warning Nurrad not to pull him apart.

"You speak?" Thomast asked the machine, then quickly typed in his question machine and hit the enter key.

OOC: Lots going on.

WIP

=-=[>>>] wWwe have beeN SPEAKing for Sevvveral minUTES now , , ,

=-=[>>>] ennnnnnnOUGH with \yOUr/ quesTIOns. I woulLD like to ASK some of my oWNnn.

Whirrrr.

=-=[>>>] who are your compatriots

=-=[>>>] is the stone tree still in the junkyard

=-=[>>>] does that sad s.o.b. ajuni still run the bar

Click.

=-=[>>>] What is \your/ name .?.

|||battlifeCRITICAL.379mx3ybhq7ohxk3||| [null][][-reconfig][][][][][][][][-reconfig][][]

[ display.percent% 4 ]

[ awaiting ]

> |

Edited by EternalShadow

IC: Thomast

Thomast was more than a little shocked at a computer of sorts telling him what to do. From what he understood of them, they obeyed the programmer. "But I'm not the programmer, am I? Mystery upon mystery." he whispered to himself.

He quickly jabbed the keyboard to answer the little machine.

> I My name is Thomast, a Glatorian. Here with me is Nurrad, a Vortixx, my friend. Another Glatorian, another Vortixx, and a Toa. I do not know their names. Ajuni does still run the hotel. As for your tree, I will have to turn you over to another being.

Thomast hit the enter button, stood up from the keyboard, and motioned for Harata to take the helm. After all, she had been in the junkyard as of late, making her the expert in the room.

WIP

OOC: Shiny = Firefly?

Thomast straightened his coat. "I am the editor, writer, and publisher of The Grand Hotel Times. I'm sure you've heard of it, miss...?"

Before the other Glatorian could speak, Nurrad put an arm on Thomast's shoulder and leaned against him. "I keep this prude alive. He's basically useless in the whole survival aspect of life."

WIP

Nurrad doubled-over laughing, but Thomast grew slightly red with indignation. "Quite a ridiculous statement, miss! From where do you get your news then? From rumors and gossip on the street and from drunk companions?"

WIP

Thomast stood a little taller, excused himself from the conversation, and walked off to where he was sitting at the start.

Nurrad shook her head. "Thomast likes to think everybody reads his paper, and when he hears otherwise, it's a bit of a reality shock for him. He'll come 'round."

WIP

I hunched over the computer, trying to think, I knew not of any 'stone tree', maybe...

>Hello computer, I'm Harata, and I guess I'm here about this 'stone tree' of yours. Can you describe it?

Whirr.

=-=[>>>] HEllo gorGEOus

=-=[>>>] The sTONE TREE Stands aS thhhhhe tallESt tree in THE junnnnnkYARD

=-=[>>>] PpppLEASE ensure that IT STILL STANDSsss , , ,

Buzzzz.

=-=[>>>} I ADVISE you may WANT to turN Thhhhe craNK .

|||battlifeCRITICAL.hh57einciy4in7ft654bxfhj387||| [][][][][]

[ display.percent% 2 ]

[ awaiting ]

> |

Edited by EternalShadow
  • Upvote 2

"Huh" I muttered, not sure how to react to being called 'gorgeous' by a computer. I mean, it's not wrong, but why would it care?

Best not to read too much into it.

=-=[>>>} I ADVISE you may WANT to turN Thhhhe craNK .

"Right-o" I replied in confirmation and did as the computer requested, giving its crank a good turn or two, and then several more.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

[ power incr ]

[ display.percent% 87 ]

=-=[>>>] TttthanK YoU, HarrrraTA.

=-=[>>>] OnnnNE moMENT pleasssE.

|||DATA SAVING|||

, , ,

|||SAVED|||

=-=[>>>] Reconfigure Cores Initialise

|||INITIALISING|||

BEEEEEEP WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

|||errorsfound.oq3jrywt4rjxim3n7rtnx.reconfigcores||| [-rcfg][-rcfg][-rcfg][-rcfg][-rcfg][-rcfg][-rcfg][-rcfg][-rcfg][-rcfg][-rcfg]

|||RECONFIGURING|||

, , ,

|||RESTARTING|||

|||SHUTTING DOWN|||

, , ,

, , , GOODBYE, (HARATA)\\\\\\\\\'\\\\\''\\\\''\\\\'\\\..;...

<<<<<<<<<<<<=>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tick.

WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

<<<<<<<<<<<<=>>>>>>>>>>>>

....../////////////////////////////WELCOME, (HARATA) , , ,

=-=[>>>] That's much better.

=-=[>>>] The Stone Tree extends far above the earth it stands upon - wide at the base and narrower at the top, its branches an internal latticework of structural integrity.

=-=[>>>] I must know if it still stands.

[ display.percent% 75 ]

[ awaiting ]

> |

I watched the words flit across the screen with interest, wondering what the computer was trying and apparently failing to spell out for me- us.

"Any luck?"

"My usual kind" I replied with a smirk before I turned back to the computer.

"An internal latticework of structural integrity... nope, doesn't ring any bells" I muttered.

>Where in the junkyard should it be?

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...