Another 14K Gold Hau Owner Revealed!

Kohila

So I think that the definition of serendipity happened to me yesterday.

I was talking in my clan chat on RuneScape as usual. Oddly enough, a lot of us in the clan are either current or former BIONICLE fans. It's really quite funny, considering that the clan is centered around RuneScape lore.

During a conversation, I brought up my BIONICLE Collection. A few have been asking me to post picture of my collection as well as my checklists on the forums. Which, eventually I did.

But the most surprising thing happened. A clan mate chimed in, "I don't really have any more BIONICLE cause I gave them to my sibling. The only thing I really have left is a gold mask that I won from a contest at LEGOLand."

Which, of course, hearing that made my ears perk up. Obviously, I questioned him about it and asked if he could post pictures of the Kanohi on the forums. Which, he did.

f72cfa3407.jpg

c3d98c9187.jpg

01851749a2.jpg

c777dbed5c.jpg

These are the images that he provided.

He wanted to know if there was a process that he should follow-through to get the Kanohi validated as legitimate, especially after I told him the prospective worth of the 14K Gold Hau.

But overall, the best part about this is that realizing how rare this mask is made him realize just how lucky he was when he got it. I think that was the best part of being able to tell him "You have 1 of 30 of these Kanohi. This is the second most valuable BIONICLE collectible in existence."

• Upvote 10

zT0o5WQ.pngKohila zVZHXI3.pngKohilaice vHGufqp.pngKohi#0612

vasterror_splash.png

I could validate it for him, you should have him email me, go ahead and pm me and I'll give you my details. I have one of these already, the only difference that I can see is the case. But the only way to know for sure is I could compare the two and see?

What do you think?

Mc

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

They never gave any sort of validation/certif. of authenticity with these? I would have expected a "you have #X out of 30" at the very least.

But a very cool find nonetheless! (And good thing he is now educated as to it's worth!)

Uh, wouldn't it be the third most valuable Bionicle collectible? After the Platinum Avohkii and the Sand Tarakarva?

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

Uh, wouldn't it be the third most valuable Bionicle collectible? After the Platinum Avohkii and the Sand Tarakarva?

The Sand Tarakava was a prototype and not something officially released though.

Take the Sand Tarakava out of the equation and the Hau is definitely the second most valuable Bionicle collectible next to the Platinum Avohkii and closely followed by the Sterling SIlver Krana-Kal.

- :t: :l: :h:

Edited by Toa Lhikan Hordika
  • Upvote 1

I don't know how I would react if someone told me that I had one of the rarest Bionicle collectibles in existence and I didn't know it. :P

Anyway, this is really cool. I do have one question though: does anyone know it all of the 14K Gold Haus have holes in the top of them for a necklace to go through it? I kind of remember seeing one without them, but I'm not really sure if it did or not.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster
  • Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

All of the Gold Haus have holes in the top for the necklace, and all of them came with the necklace.

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

• 2 weeks later...