Video Game Music Topic

Okay, so a lot of People like COD, ACBF, and HALO. But you don't remember them for the music, do you?

Many People also like Kirby, Zelda, and 3D Sonic Games. And of course you remember the music

from those, right?

In this Topic, you talk about what Video game music enhanced your Gaming experience, made you

sit at the edge of your seat, improved your Boss fight, and overall made the game what it is.

Also: Try not to get into major fights over Songs. A minor argument is okay, but People taking sides

on whether or not HALO's intro theme is good or not is not okay.

Have fun, and enjoy yourselves!

• Upvote 1

If I love a game, chances are I love its soundtrack too. The Mass Effect Trilogy, Portal 2, TESV:Skyrim, Bastion, FTL...the list goes on. Bionicle Heroes was the first video game I bought myself, many moons ago, and I delved into the game files to extract the .ogg soundtracks XD

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

To list a few off of the top of my head, any and all David Wise soundtracks (Donkey Kong Country especially), any work from the legendary Koji Kondo, Darren Korb's Bastion OST, Jeremy Soule's work with the Elder Scrolls series, and most definitely all of Mike Morasky's work on the various Valve games.

pNNgXax.jpg

I've recently bought a bunch of Pokémon soundtracks on iTunes (partly for the satisfaction of owning them legally and partly to hopefully encourage Nintendo to make other soundtracks more widely available). This was prompted by me getting back into Black Version 2 and remembering how solid the soundtrack was in general.

I also downloaded the Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack semi-recently. It's really good, and I would have bought it if I'd had the option. Unfortunately, it's just not available through retail, at least in America. Neither is Fire Emblem: Awakening's amazing soundtrack, and I haven't found a reputable place to download it from—but I'm not too fussed, since I've had a love-hate relationship with the game that has made me averse to playing it ever since realizing that I'd accidentally ruined my chances to have many of my child characters inherit useful skills.

Another recent game I've LOVED the soundtrack to is Kirby: Triple Deluxe. I haven't been able to download that one either, but in that case it's not a problem—not only does it have a sound test in game that allows you to listen to the music, but I found that when listening to the sound test with headphones, you can actually close the 3DS and it will continue to play the music while in Sleep Mode, even changing tracks if you set it to autoplay. I wish more games for 3DS had that feature!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 4 weeks later...

In Twilight Princess, the music for Zora's Domain blew me away.

In a dark and brooding game like that, it's always nice to have an area where you feel like you can just relax. The Zora's Domain itself was beautiful also. I think the music works far better here than in Ocarina of Time.

I also played the PC Harry Potter games as a kid, and the music for that was phenomenal. It was composed by Jeremy Soule, the same mastermind behind the Skyrim soundtrack. One of my favorite tracks:

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

I agree with Axilus Prime, Fall of Cybertron has great music. And it's a great game also.

Do consider that while a game may not be great, the music can still be appretiatable.(I mean,

it had to be written, right?)

Also, the Avak fight theme from Bionicle Heroes. That's pretty good too.

Edited by ghidora131
  • Upvote 1

I agree with Axilus Prime, Fall of Cybertron has great music. And it's a great game also.

Do consider that while a game may not be great, the music can still be appretiatable.(I mean,

it had to be written, right?)

Also, the Avak fight theme from Bionicle Heroes. That's pretty good too.

Gonna get some heat for this, but I feel this way about Skyrim. Love the music, don't have much fondness for the game itself.

hElbrZ6.gif

Shovel Knight's soundtrack is probably some of the best chiptune I've ever heard, rivaling classics like Mega Man 2 in my book! Jake Kaufman has all my respect as a composer, as does Manami Mastumae, the original composer of Mega Man 1! I'll list a few of my favorites below, straight from the artist's Bandcamp.

Strike the Earth! (Plains of Passage)

High Above the Land (The Flying Machine), Boss theme: The Spin Controller (Propeller Knight Battle)

An Underlying Problem (The Lost City)

Of Devious Machinations (Clockwork Tower)

La Danse Macabre (Lich Yard) Boss theme: The Apparition (Spectre Knight Battle)

Yes, these are only a few of my favorites, I have much MUCH, more..... =P

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...