Catra

Clearly, the solution to our problem here is to build a bunch of pyramids in random places, so that this unique property of pyramids may allow Roxy to escape from prison/surprise Egyptians/talk to herself ostensibly to help with stuff but actually just to sort of chat herself up.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

• 2 months later...

I've been thinking about something, prompted by watching Enter again.

Now it is highly possible that it will be explained later, (I'm in A6A5 right now) but how did Nanna (as a sprite) know that she should write the thing she did into the front of Sassacre's book? Now at first, you might say, oh, she was being a grandmotherly figure.

But I think she knew very well what she was doing. She did it so Jane could get the book.

She dropped it into LOWAS, so John could get it, so that he could give it to baby Jane, so she could bring it to the pre-scratch earth, so Jane as a player would have it.

But how did Nanna know all this?

Oh, and another thing. Has anyone noticed how one of the canon fantrolls names is Nektan? Just one "n" away...

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, it's (understandably) been a while since this topic has seen any activity.

Anyway, I just found out that we finally heard something new about the game on the 31st of December. It's pretty old news by now, but I hadn't checked the e-mail address I used for Kickstarter in a while, and I definitely haven't really been paying any attention to MSPA since the giga-pause began. Anyway, some interesting stuff going on for that. The game was originally predicted for some time this year, still really looking forward to that.

AXKP5KC.png

Honestly, I feel if they tried to make a "SBURB" they would only be retreading old ground or just doing the same thing all the other million fancomics are doing. It wouldn't be bad, but hardly groundbreaking

After seeing what the team was able to come up with in the NAMCO Dating Sim, a promise of fresh material in the form of a stylistic successor to MSPA intrigues me even more than a straight up sequel ever could.

• Upvote 2

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Yeahhhhh anyone who legitimately believed the game would just be Sburb was setting themselves up for some major disappointment. Both because, as Makaru says, it'd be unexciting, but also because everything we knew about the game (which was not and still isn't much) doesn't match with what a Sburb game would probably be. I've loved basically every comic/whatever Andrew has made, so the fact that it's not Sburb related does nothing to diminish my enthusiasm.

AXKP5KC.png

Yeahhhhh anyone who legitimately believed the game would just be Sburb was setting themselves up for some major disappointment. Both because, as Makaru says, it'd be unexciting, but also because everything we knew about the game (which was not and still isn't much) doesn't match with what a Sburb game would probably be. I've loved basically every comic/whatever Andrew has made, so the fact that it's not Sburb related does nothing to diminish my enthusiasm.

Well, I wasn't really thinking that it would be SBURB, but I thought it would at least somewhat involve it. Hussie has said that SBURB isn't going to be in it at all.

I've been hearing a bunch about a "mystery girl" from the Kickstarter updates (holding a flashlight?). I'm pretty sure you can't actually show an image here legally (though Hussie did say that there were certain places to find it), but could someone do a description of her?

She looks very much like a character out of the MSPA universe. Looks like she could be a part of the Harley/Crocker/English/Egbert family. Also oddly a 3d render?

Interesting. And from what I've heard, the symbol on her shirt is a question mark?

Wait.

She's The Riddler, isn't she.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So...

Yeah, MSPA and WP are down. But according to WP's Tumblr, they're aware of this, and are trying to get them back up, so it probably doesn't mean the gigapause. Alas.

But it can't be too much longer, right? Hussie? Right?

augh i'm dying inside

So apparently Land of Fans and Music 3 came out last december? Well. Really wish I'd heard of that sooner, I've been kinda starved of Homestuck music for a while (Cherubim feels like it came out much more recently than it actually did....) Anyway, it's...really not that great. Really doesn't even compare with the first and second, I think. (Maybe I've just lost my ear for this kind of music, but....) There's some good songs, (Emissary of Dance is pretty alright) but as a whole (or what I've heard, I'm pretty close to finishing it but I'm not quite there) it is pretty unremarkable.  And, well, even allowing for stylistic suck, Theme of the Slam Jam and JOHN DO THE WINDY THING are almost embarrassingly terrible. Ah well. 

AXKP5KC.png

JOHN DO THE WINDY THING

**listens to it**

Wow. I see what you mean.

EDIT: WHAT HAPPENED TO MY WRITING STYLE

EDIT_Number_Two:

So

I hope you all know what this is about

Thoughts?

Edited by Kopekemaster

• 2 months later...

X was kind enough to point out to me that Andrew has declared the Gigapause close to over.

This is exciting.

He also said that he's not really so much closer to being done. So we won't be getting it all at once or anything, and we might have to wait much longer still to get it done, but anything is anything. He said mid to late October, which we can probably safely assume means 10/25?

Anyway. Ever since the Gigapause was announced, my plan has been that, as soon as it was all dropped, I would reread the entire thing from start to finish. That's...not really viable anymore, at least in the "start-to-finish" sense, since it'll still keep being updated. I'm still going to reread it, though. It'll take forever, however. And I have other stuff I'm reading right now that interferes with that. That's as much motivation as I need to wrap that other stuff up, though! Homestuck rereading number something (i've reread it several times already before the pause), here I come.

AXKP5KC.png

That would be like the most favorable scenario actually.

But no yeah. When I first read it it was in 2010, when the story was like a third of its size, and that still took a long time. (couple weeks at least) I've reread it a couple times since, but even that was like around late 2011/early 2012. Reading all of it now is going to be something.

AXKP5KC.png

• 3 weeks later...

Well considering the hilarious non-alphaness of this timeline, we can be relatively sure that not all of this will really stick. If anything, the fact that the clown was put down is an irregularity in paradox space of sorts which is a big pointer towards none of this ever happening.

Of course, if this was just going to end up like that one part of the Scratch intermission, Hussie probably wouldn't bother to go so in-depth about it, so this will still probably have major repercussions. But what will they be???? Who can say

I do hope that Gamzee keeps dying painfully, or at least getting riddled by bullets. I hate his guts, but that just makes it fun when they're spilled.

Edited by farmstink buttlass
  • Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

Oh I just realized this topic is a thing

cool.

so yeah about [ S ]: Game Over...

oh boy that was a thing. Either all those corpses are going to stay corpses, John is going to retcon all of that and get the ring, or it's not the Alpha timeline, which means that ever since Araena put on the Rig of Life, it's been a doomed timeline.

Which is entirely possible.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. Chances are, this might be a doomed timeline. Not just any doomed timeline, though. Why would we be paying attention to a doomed timeline if it led to nothing important?

The answer is, we wouldn't.

The doomed timeline is important. The other timeline mentioned (The one with the alt!calliope) may, possibly, end up becoming the Alpha timeline. This one becomes the doomed. And only one thing could come out of it.

That one thing is Lord English. Think about it. If Calliope ends up dominating the body, then there is no Caliborn in that timeline. If there is no Caliborn, there can be no Lord English.

And this is the timeline in which LE comes to be. That's what I think, at least.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

• 1 month later...

What do people think of the current multi-story thing going on? I think it's interesting how Hussie chose to write the multiple random ones, since it gives us insight to all of the characters. Also Vriska is precious and must be protected

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Well, let's see... So far there are three stories going on:

John's Retconning Adventures

Story Time With Calliope and Jade

Vriska and Meenah Visit the Carnival

I am highly curious on how the latter two will tie in with the first one. With John retconning things away we don't really know the full context to these side stories.

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally finished rereading and catching up with Homestuck. Only took me 3 months....well not really, rereading only took like 3 weeks, but, I started late.

Anyway. That meant I had the last almost 500 pages as brand new content and holy cow. I love the way it's been handled. All this stuff is just...wow. The retcon stuff made me extremely uneasy but as it's been done... The way all the little pieces are fitting together. And all the big ones, too. I'd say things are getting crazy but at this point that is a hilarious oversimplification. Things are just great. I can't help but be wary because Andrew Hussie sure loves making the readers weep and at the current point things are kind of optimistic, but I love how it's going.

I imagine the wallet stuff will end up having catastrophic repercussions in some way, though. Bad ways.

But with the last major retcon that took place...how will Meenah and Vriska in the dreambubbles be affected? I just knew that ship was gonna sink one way or another. (It was working too well. ) But still. dang.

AXKP5KC.png

• 9 months later...