Elissa

Getups are inspired by a crossover of steam punk fashion, Thor, and their respective professions.

I did, however, alter the disc launcher because I wanted to not only make it possible for a human to hold properly, but also functional. Theoretically, it should now work like a crossbow. Sorry, die-hards, don't hurt me.

vakama_by_elisitagayle-d7kw4hz.png

Lhikan & Nokama

Edited by Elissa

I know its not a very manly thing to swoon over a guy, but... D'AWW!! ^^ I can't even begin to describe my feelings. It's just Vakama! Awesome job. Overall great proportions and coloring. That expression is just perfect. Insane detail (especially the sleeves).

Silently hoping for a fancier disk launcher though. I can hardly imagine him flying with that thing! XD

banner1.png

I know its not a very manly thing to swoon over a guy, but... D'AWW!! ^^ I can't even begin to describe my feelings. It's just Vakama! Awesome job. Overall great proportions and coloring. That expression is just perfect. Insane detail (especially the sleeves).

Silently hoping for a fancier disk launcher though. I can hardly imagine him flying with that thing! XD

Worry not about being manly in this thread, which I now claim as free of gender norms. Be as you are here :)

I'm very appreciative of your comments and I'm really glad you like the look I gave him!

He looks slightly cockier than I would expect, and the tattoo seems quite unfitting for someone like him.

However, I'd say it'd be quite easy to imagine Vakama as someone like this. The blacksmith getup really fits the guy.

Perhaps it's unfitting, but I think that it's a permanent testament to their faith, function, and element long after their status as a Toa has ended. Much like a Christian (or any other religion) will tattoo symbols of their faith on their body. That's why I included, not that it's necessarily fitting of their personalities. My Toa Nuva designs have the UDD symbol symbol on their bodies.

As for his cockiness, if I failed in illustrating uncertainty (which WAS my intention--his expression is supposed to be uncertainty), then I have, well...failed.

But yes, blue collar blacksmith Vakama was the vision I had always and I couldn't wait to draw him!!! Thanks for stopping by :)

Always great to see Vakama. And it's a pretty cool rendition of what he could be. I really dig the worker's gear seeing as he was a smelter/mask crafter in his younger days. Speaking of toa with disk launchers, you should check out the latest addition to my Lesovikk Team project. Disk Launchers can still be great tools!