TransforMOC "Ceratops"

transformoc___ceratops__by_orionide5-d7n

This MOC was born from looking at a Thornax launcher and realizing that it looked a little like the beak of a ceratopsian dinosaur. So soon I had a great dinosaur head, but to just make a dinosaur body for it seemed a little bland. Instead I decided to try and turn it into a transforming character, and I think it worked pretty well. Ceratops transforms from humanoid to dinosaur without adding, removing or reattaching any parts, and both modes are pretty securely locked together. In dinosaur form Ceratops throws thorny fruit from its beak. In humanoid form, it has a swiveling back-mounted launcher (that I maybe should have shown from an angle that doesn't make it look so much like a dinosaur head).
I have a stopmotion of it transforming: not great, but gets the point across: vidd.me/VD0

• Upvote 4

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I love your concept! As a fan of prehistoric life, I think there should be more BIONICLE MOCs of prehistoric animals and I'm glad to see another one made! The head design when he's in dinosaur is pretty good, but I don't really see how a thoranx launcher resembles a ceratopsain beak. The use of the upside down Metus torso and the placement of the ceratopsain head when he is in his humanoid form looks very awkward compared to when he's in his dinosaur form. Overall, his Dinosaur form is great, but his humanoid form needs some work.