Shalon, Wrecker of White Devils.

This, dear peeps, is my entry to BBC #68. Enjoy!

The legendary mech Shalon was used by a man of the name Ford Tucker. Despite its'age, Shalon had served for many years as Tucker's personal tool to hunt down the White Devils, white mecha with pointy horns and modern weaponry that fought war after war. After their defeat, Tucker had refitted Shalon in order to repair starships, but recently news of a certain White Devil called "Sunset Gundam" had reached his ears. Fitting shalon with a heat-saw, a shield genertor, the largest wrench he could find and a welder, Ford Tucker set out on his mission to vanguish the White Devils once and for all.

Equipment:
-A Heat-Saw that uses a heated surface for extra cutting power. Made from a special symbiotic alloy that regenrates itself constantly, making it always ready for use.
-A Welder. This welder is large and works on fuel cells rather than the traditional combustion power. It's flame can be adjusted and can heat up any surface to a maximum of 2500 degrees celsius.
-Protection mask. This mask covers the optical device for Shalon during use of the welder.
-Shield oscilator. this mysterious device broadcasts a shield around Shalon's right arm when needed. The power can also be focussed in order for Shalon to deliver a devastating blow, crushing most types of armor.
-Rocketbosters. Shalon is equipped with rocketboosters in his back and legs. These do not allow Shalon to achieve flight but hovering above the ground is possible, as is travel in space. They give the mech a boost in agility and mobility.
Gutpit. This is the cockpit where Tucker resides to pilot his mech, affectionally called the gutpit because of its placement.
Shalon was made specifically for the BBC 68 over at BzPower and also hapens to be one of my older characters.
Enjoy!

Pictures of the entry are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/117262877@N03/sets/72157644890308320/

Edited by TabarisCarpeNocte
  • Upvote 1

I really like theme you're going with for this MOC. The design is great and has a nice scrapyard feel, much like Akavakaku has stated above me. But there is one flaw, however. The trans-green piece(the gutpit I assume) looks awkward and out of place to me. Overall, you did a great job and you should be proud of your creation even if you lose the BBC contest. 

I really like theme you're going with for this MOC. The design is great and has a nice scrapyard feel, much like Akavakaku has stated above me. But there is one flaw, however. The trans-green piece(the gutpit I assume) looks awkward and out of place to me. Overall, you did a great job and you should be proud of your creation even if you lose the BBC contest. 

thanks for the nice words man! The gutpit standing out like a sore thumbwas pretty much by design. I wanted it to make people woh look at it feel slightly awkward and that piece just does the job for me

I really love the whole "utility turned into a weapon" vibe this guy gives off, and the welding mask is spot on. I know I probabably should have suggested earlier, but I feel some black and yellow warning stripes would have really helped to even further imply the mech's previous function. All in all, this is really sweet. Good luck in the voting!

Also, really enjoyed the jab at all the Gundam based entries in the name and story :v

Edited by Djokson
  • Upvote 1